URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 653
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Talor will be the next American Idol"

Posted by aap on 05-24-06 at 04:31 AM
In some respects I agree with the words which have been said about Talor and Katherine, but if I am being honest then Katherine should have been gone weeks ago. Talor should win even with those crazy dances, but it shows that he is having fun on stage, something that Katherine does not do unfortunately.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Talor will be the next American Idol"
Posted by imagma on 05-24-06 at 06:19 AM
I agree 100%. Taylor will be the next American Idol. I think Chris Daughtry should be up there with Taylor. The night that Chris was voted out - it should have been Katherine who left. Those who chose not to vote are to blame for that.

"TAYLOR will be the next American Idol"
Posted by singer on 05-24-06 at 06:57 AM
Based on last night's competition, he will probably win.

--Singer

"RE: TAYLOR will be the next American Idol"
Posted by LisaPles on 05-24-06 at 11:09 AM
Taylor really stole the show last night! I hope he wins.
I thought Katherine's perfomances were totally uninspired and was surprised that she sang all slow boring songs. Zzzzzzzz....

Posted by Magnolia_Rocker on 05-24-06 at 11:22 AM
I wouldn't consider "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree" a slow song.

Siggy thanks to Syren!

Posted by LisaPles on 05-24-06 at 02:37 PM
No, you're right but I do think that song is boring.
I wonder why Katherine didn't sing the Whitney Houston song? Yes, she's obviously not Whitney but she did a pretty good job of it. It was one of the few performances of hers that I thought was almost exciting. I think she was way too safe with her choices last night when she should have just went for it.

Posted by Magnolia_Rocker on 05-24-06 at 02:42 PM
Maybe because the judges ripped her a new one when she sang that song. Even Paula was unfavorable. I don't think I would have chanced them flaying me again either.

Siggy thanks to Syren!

Posted by Fishercat on 05-25-06 at 10:06 AM
Pretty much.

She had two songs that either fans or judges called the best this season, and she chose those two. No reason to choose a Whitney song that she got lambasted for

Posted by SOfan0221 on 05-24-06 at 04:07 PM
While I agree with Randy that her SWOTR was better than when she sang it last week, it still does nothing for me. I just plain don't care for her rendition of it. I guess I prefer SWOTR sung by Judy Garland. Other than that song, I thought Taylor came out on top. Kat is pretty, and she can sing, and I'm sure Clive will hook her up with something but my voting goes to Taylor and has since the auditions.

"RE: Talor will be the next American Idol"
Posted by DrKegel on 05-25-06 at 07:57 AM

Completely agree that Taylor was great. And exciting on stage. Love the way he moves. It's all his own and he adds to the song and excitement when he does these improvised moves.

Katherine is boring. And I don't think she should sing Whitney Houston because she is not Whitney Houston vocally. Katherine cannot "push" her voice the way Whitney ... and Taylor can. She sounds like she's caught in a garage door opener when she tries. She downright stunk when she tried to sing Christine Aguilera and Whitney songs.

I do think Katherine has a great voice though. I just don't think she's found her style. Therefore, she's trying things not right for her. That reminds me of Paris in a way. Once Paris gets her style down, she will be absolutely great.

Taylor deserved to win. He really turned it on and out. He was super exciting to watch and listen to. And if you notice in his duet with Toni Braxton, he held his own. He looked like he belonged on stage with her whereas with Elliot (who I love and wish had been in the finals), he seemed completely swallowed up and overwhelmed by Mary J. She completely dominated the stage. It really wasn't a duet of equals.

America got it right.