URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 647
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Would Talor accually be on MTV?"

Posted by Irishbear0987 on 05-21-06 at 04:12 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-22-06 AT 05:56 PM (EST)

I spelled Taylor wrong. I mean not to disrespect him but hes the biggest geek on Idol. Those dances make him look like an idiot and they make Paula and Randy look stupid. Paula and Randy are always like "I love your energy." They never comment on his singing though. Anyone else agree?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Would Talor accually be on MTV?"
Posted by mzct08 on 05-22-06 at 01:37 PM
Yeah i agree with you also, of course Taylor is different but at the same time i don't think he would do well in the music industry. He is too wierd. But i would rather choose him than Katherine.

Posted by naw619 on 05-22-06 at 11:03 PM
>LAST EDITED ON 05-22-06
>AT 05:56 PM (EST)

>
>I spelled Taylor wrong. I mean
>not to disrespect him but
>hes the biggest geek on
>Idol. Those dances make him
>look like an idiot and
>they make Paula and Randy
>look stupid. Paula and Randy
>are always like "I love
>your energy." They never comment
>on his singing though. Anyone
>else agree?

I agree as well and also I think Kat is way more marketable.

Posted by BimBo on 05-23-06 at 07:33 AM
ENERGY?????? Is that what they call that??? I thought it was tourrettes syndrome. I have yet to understand how this DOOFUS has made it this far. MTV??? AS IF!!! I could'nt agree with you more Irishbear....He IS the BIGGEST GEEK I've ever seen on idol. He's not even worthy of the second place he'll probably recieve. Nonetheless, a few more months from now he'll be a nobody again and people will be hard pressed to remember his name. Timmy?? Tayler?? Tommy?? what was his name??? You know....the one who's stage antics looked more like seizures?????

Posted by NicNac on 05-23-06 at 02:38 PM
I think Taylor purposely throws himself about on the stage and acts all spastic so people won't notice how bad he sings. He definitely is not American Idol material - I can see him singing at weddings and retirement parties though (along with 20 million similarly talented people).

"RE: Would Taylor actually be on MTV?"
Posted by LisaPles on 05-23-06 at 03:55 PM
Who cares? There are so many contrived "musicians" on MTV. At least half of them really suck and are there because someone thought they had a "marketable look". I think the whole "marketable" thing is why much of the music we hear is totally lame.
The whole music industry should not be geared toward an MTV video. What ever happened to turning on the radio and HEARING a good song? I honestly don't care what people look like or whether or not they have choreographed dance moves.
I was skeptical of Taylor at first, but I couldn't deny the amount of times he nailed the song and put out a great performance. I will be voting for him in the final two without question.

"RE: Would Taylor actually be on MTV?"
Posted by Snidget on 05-24-06 at 10:17 AM
Wait, since when did MTV start playing music videos again I thought they gave that up years ago

Yep, there are a lot of people with a marketable look that make it big because of MTV but looking good in a video and lip-syncing to music that only sounds half-way passable due to large amounts of studio magic processing and editing IMO is part of what is wrong with music today.

Even with that, I think he could very well be marketable in video and concerts.

For me it has to do with how his geekiness plays. Some people are geeky in a way that is hard to over look and distracts so much it spoils the performance. For me, and it seems quite a few others, that he is a bit geeky in what I find an endearing way a breath of fresh air. Now your milage may vary. Some people find the same performance I enjoy the most annoying thing they have ever seen.

He isn't overly processed and overly constructed and image-managed to death. His joy at performing comes through and yeah, he doesn't move boy band pretty, but at least he still has a soul. For me (and again your mileage may vary) that is more attractive than perfect hair, sculpted body, and dance moves designed only with marketability in mind.

Posted by lonnieh on 05-24-06 at 11:40 PM
>ENERGY?????? Is that what
>they call that??? I
>thought it was tourrettes
>syndrome. I have yet
>to understand how this DOOFUS
>has made it this far.
> MTV??? AS IF!!!
> I could'nt agree with
>you more Irishbear....He IS the
>BIGGEST GEEK I've ever seen
>on idol. He's not
>even worthy of the second
>place he'll probably recieve.
>Nonetheless, a few more months
>from now he'll be a
>nobody again and people will
>be hard pressed to remember
>his name. Timmy??
>Tayler?? Tommy?? what was his
>name??? You know....the
>one who's stage antics looked
>more like seizures?????

Posted by lonnieh on 05-24-06 at 11:50 PM
Boy you are so right, he is just what Siomon says a wedding or bar singer not an American idol. I really don't see him on MTV regarless of what anyone thinks a video sells most of the music we hear today. I couldn't stand looking at him on this show I can't imgaine him in a video. This show is really disapointing because I thought it was about great talent and it was evident America has made this a popularity contest not really about the best talent. Don't get me wrong Taylor has a ok voice for a club or something but not to be crown an American idol. We will be looking at VH1 soon saying Taylor who and where is he now, I just don't see big record sales here or videos anyone will watch much and trust me I don't see anyone paying $30 or $40 bucks to see him in concerts.

Posted by chader on 05-23-06 at 06:45 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-23-06 AT 06:46 PM (EST)

your completely right about taylor, mtv and the music market isnt for him, he is better off in his band or some other band or making an adult contemorary album,alot of people like taylor because they say he is unique?? but is he really?? seems like he tries to copy every style and person he is singing,,joe cocker, elvis, all of them, his dance moves his weird jerks, hmmm just plain strange at times... american idol is a competition made for someone like katharine, she can sing, she's beautiful, she has grown and has a good personality, she has a great recording voice that would sound great on the radio..people should vote for the whole package, who would they rather actually want to see on tv, magazines, and hear on the radio, if your answer is taylor, hmmm....maybe you should re-think that then

Posted by my2cents on 05-24-06 at 09:23 AM
"they make Paula and Randy look stupid"

Yo dawg - where have I heard that? - they don't need Taylor's moves to do that, they do quite a fine job of that totally on their own...but Paula, she's in a class by herself.