URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 6459
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S13 EP3 East Coast Update Thread"

Posted by IceCat on 09-28-06 at 07:34 PM
Please keep all discussion of tonight's episode on this thread until 11:00PM Eastern Time. Thanks

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: S13 EP3 East Coast Update Thread"
Posted by volsfan on 09-28-06 at 08:01 PM
The recarp of the recarp has started.

*yawn*

Posted by mysticwolf on 09-28-06 at 08:04 PM
*waves to vols*

Only worth it 'cause we got to see Jiffy's reaction to "love at first sight".

Posted by volsfan on 09-28-06 at 08:07 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-28-06 AT 08:07 PM (EST)

His face was priceless!

*waves back to wolf*

Posted by Snidget on 09-28-06 at 08:18 PM
Divide into 4 groups.

2 all woman
2 all men

Select eggs and squish them, paint comes out.

Red women go with red men, blue women with blue men.

Supplies will be pooled and devided evenly between the two new tribes.

Posted by mysticwolf on 09-28-06 at 08:18 PM
Well... Points for creativity in tribe creation I suppose. Hard to formulate an actual strategy of picks the way it was done.

And, no points to spoilers who thought they were told to paint themselves. They did it spontaneously.

(Gotta do something with that mess in your hands I suppose. )

Posted by Scarlett O Hara on 09-28-06 at 08:20 PM
I gotta say ... I like the way they picked the tribes. Cao Boi was picked last for the guys and Stephannie was picked last for the gals, btw.

Posted by CattyChat on 09-28-06 at 08:20 PM
What an exhausting "challenge." Guess it will be another two-fer this episode.

Posted by Prof_ Wagstaff on 09-28-06 at 08:20 PM
Well it happened sooner than I anticipated, but I thought it was a vey fair redistribution of the tribes.

So much for all the silly racial stuff.

Posted by cahaya on 09-28-06 at 08:38 PM
Yes, and the tribes are a lot more personality dynamic. Some seem to like their new tribe composition a lot better.

Posted by Scarlett O Hara on 09-28-06 at 08:22 PM
New red tribe goes to Aitutaki and new blue goes to Raratonga.

Posted by cahaya on 09-28-06 at 08:36 PM
Just slipping in here as the challenge begins...

Posted by davwav02 on 09-28-06 at 08:40 PM
Lol, one of Jeff's tag-lines this season seems to be:

"Losing tribe, we have a date tonight at tribal council."

*shudders*

"Candace"
Posted by Loree on 09-28-06 at 08:41 PM
First Candace gets the info about Billy being in love with her. Now she is saved from TC by going to Exile Island.

Posted by cahaya on 09-28-06 at 08:44 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-28-06 AT 08:49 PM (EST)

Any guesses who from Aitu is going to get voted out?

'Talk to the girls.'

Jessica: 'I don't know what to do.'

""Having the experience" vs "playing the game""
Posted by cahaya on 09-28-06 at 08:51 PM
Oh, come on. The game is the experience!

"The vote"
Posted by cahaya on 09-28-06 at 08:55 PM
"Nothing personal, just strategy."

Right...

And out goes Cecelia 5-3 vs Becky.

"RE: The vote"
Posted by Loree on 09-28-06 at 08:57 PM
I was hoping Becky would get the majority of the votes. I wanted to know if Yul would really use the Immunity Idol to save her.

Posted by cahaya on 09-28-06 at 09:00 PM
He could have, but would it have really helped him? No, he'll need it later and/or he might want pull off an S:SI surprise when it would really count. It's no loss to him, really, to see Cecelia go at this point.

Posted by HootieMcBoobie on 09-28-06 at 09:44 PM
Did anyone else think that is was REALLY dumb for Yul to tell Becky about having the hidden idol?

Posted by emydi on 09-28-06 at 10:39 PM
Yes I do. I would have held it back a lot longer (if I could!!) ALthough because he did and because he was shown telling Becky, he may use it eventually to help her.

I also think it was odd that Ozzy who is a playa didn't mention trying to see if Yul found HI. Although it would have been very risky to vote Yul and if he didn't have HI they lose their strongest player. Maybe they mentioned it but bc it did not impact the vote, they did not show it. Probably not, it's too early to play that way. I was shocked by Ozzy not being shown talking to Flicka/Cao boi more...I have to think about this more and whether if he did and it was NOT shown, why wasn't it...I find it hard to believe Ozzy was as quiet as he appeared in this ep!

For those of you who wonder if Yul would have saved Becky...the rules of HI are that the person has to have the HI when they come to TC and not be given to them while they are there and the vote is counted. Yul knew that Becky was a target before TC, so he would have had to give it to her before they got there. I think he knew going into that Flicka/Cao Boi were voting with them so he did not have to go there therefore nothing was shown about the HI. Becky knew she was a target, Yul told her. You know she was thinking give me that HI!! but Yul convinced the others (CB and Flicka) and he kept a hold of his HI for now

Posted by Chez on 09-29-06 at 06:11 AM
I'm not sure Becky did not have the idol on her person. Yul had promised he would save her. I am eager to ask either one of them this question after they are voted off.

Posted by Prof_ Wagstaff on 09-28-06 at 08:59 PM
I like the way the vote went, but I REALLY want to see if Yul gave the II to Becky. That would have shaken things up.

Posted by Loree on 09-28-06 at 09:01 PM
Interesting that we never even saw Candace at Exile Island. I guess with no Idol to find they don't bother showing that.

Posted by Prof_ Wagstaff on 09-28-06 at 09:05 PM
Yea and there was way too much drama going on back at camp to miss out on.

Flicka should be called Flake-a!

Posted by volsfan on 09-28-06 at 09:13 PM
Flika/Flake-a is already on my nerves! She JUST now figured out it is a numbers game...

*rolls eyes*

Posted by cahaya on 09-28-06 at 09:20 PM
Utterly clueless, and a safe bet for someone to keep as a sidekick to eliminate later.

Posted by bobstew617 on 09-28-06 at 09:12 PM
Well, I actually got one RIGHT--the "experts" missed this one coming!

It would have been interesting if they all would have turned on Flicka after her waffling between the groups.

Looks like Ozzy can't trust Cao Boi either.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 09-28-06 at 09:51 PM
Well... I did sorta call this boot even if I wasn't quite sure down the stretch with all the convincing counterarguments being made by some of the big guys for Flica. I went from being 80% sure it was Cecilia a few days ago to 25% sure it was her after seeing all the arguments out there for different people.

A Tribe siggie
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

Posted by emydi on 09-28-06 at 10:05 PM
Yes my dear and I agreed with you!! That vidcap was what started me to think it was her...and I'm glad they went back to a "hidden" boot and misdirection was misdirection. But Flicka really does not have a clue...why do they cast these people? I'm sure they could have found another white chick that actually wants to play the game...

NOw what I thought was interesting was that Ozzy did not try to align with Yul...I guess he doesn't want to be 2nd fiddle to him and he said that Becky never made any effort to get to know HIM...he is SO FULL OF HIMSELF...what did he do to get to know her?

Wven so, I saw Ozzy getting a softer (although I was surprised we did not see him scheme more...he may just be waiting) edit with the harsh one from last week..I really think he's being set up as our F2 Foil good bad lots of sides, etc. all rolled up in a good opponent that might win but doesn't...

I thought Stephannie had the best edit of the nite..but more on that in VS's thread...

Posted by bobstew617 on 09-28-06 at 10:36 PM

>NOw what I thought was interesting was that Ozzy did not
>try to align with Yul...I guess he doesn't want to
>be 2nd fiddle to him...he is SO FULL OF HIMSELF...

I think that Ozzy is DEFINITELY being painted as a villain in this game..how long he stays, who knows? I know Yul and Jonathan are going to keep an eye on him.

I agree Flicka is totally clueless. It will be interesting to see how long the others keep her around.

It appears, at least to me, from the initial teaser for next week that Raro might lose one highlighting their potential M/F split.

Posted by emydi on 09-28-06 at 10:44 PM
I agree he will be a villain but not a JFP villain, more F2 foil material to give us some suspense as to winner. He is multidimensional so that is why I see him as the perfect F2 foil. The closest I can come to a comparison is Rob in A$$ or Steph in Guatemala. Will he be seen as the major playa? I think so but not win

"Hidden boot"
Posted by Flowerpower on 09-29-06 at 06:56 AM
Just wanted to say WAY TO GO!!! to all of you that went with CECE! I've got to say though that while that vidcap was thought provoking, CeCe was just not "featured" in the vidcaps as some others were. To me, that was "the hidden boot". VS has noted that it historically comes at ep 2, but to me that was it. The biggest red flag in favor of CeCe I think was the MySpace log in date. But, imo, anyone could have gotten her password and logged in as her, so it didn't really carry weight. AND, TDT, who uncovered the My Space data didn't even vote for her as the boot....

Well, great job guys! Don't worry, one of these weeks maybe I'll get it! KUDOS!

"RE: Hidden boot"
Posted by emydi on 09-29-06 at 10:18 AM
don't worry FP I still remember your great Misty pick last season

and don't worry that won't happen again...even a broken clock is right twice a day....so the next correct boot I pick should be in S21

"RE: Hidden boot"
Posted by Brownroach on 09-29-06 at 11:15 AM
I don't believe in all this "hidden boot" nonsense. There's no reason to think they will do it in the same place every time or even do it at all. It's a silly thing to concentrate on, imo.

I think Jeff Probst just didn't like Cecilia, since he's heavily involved in the editing. Not only did she not get any confessionals in her boot episode, she didn't get to say anything at TC either (I think she was the only one who didn't?).

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

"Candice"
Posted by forehead on 09-29-06 at 11:46 AM
"I think Jeff Probst just didn't like Cecilia, since he's heavily involved in the editing. Not only did she not get any confessionals in her boot episode, she didn't get to say anything at TC either (I think she was the only one who didn't?)."

This is good to keep in mind. Likewise, I was surprised that Candice did not get a confessional after arriving at Exile Island. At least, I would have expected her to comment on being given immunity by NuRaro.

Come to think of it, we see Becky (a real player) approach Candice. Yet, Jonathan gets the confessional that Becky came straight to him.

Two opportunities for Candice to have a "strategy confessional" wasted...

forehead

"RE: Candice"
Posted by Brownroach on 09-29-06 at 12:15 PM
That is interesting. I assumed they had so much to cover at camp, and Candice wasn't going to find the idol anyway so why bother with her. It seemed like they wanted to spotlight Flicka's shenanigans this week. But it could reflect on Candice's future.

(BTW, I thought Flicka was hilarious, I couldn't stop laughing through all that. I think it would be great if she won the game now, even though I know she won't.)

And congratulations to everyone who picked Cecilia -- for once the outside spoilers really were the key.

Posted by emydi on 09-29-06 at 12:27 PM
BR!! I wanted to strangle her!!! If I were Jon and got that response from Flicka I would have Dollyed her!! I want to watch again bc I want to see who was there when Flicka called Jon over to tell him that it was Becky...it appeared that Cece and Sundra were right there!! That would have made me go after her too if I were Cece and Sundra and Ozzy. Although it could have been selective editing like VS is always tellins us about.

I want to know who convinced Flicka...I doubt that it was Jon.
I think it was Cao Boi after Yul convinced CB. Wonder if that will be in Insider. And I want to see what CB and Flicka said when they voted for Cece. that will be in Insider.

Posted by Brownroach on 09-29-06 at 12:40 PM
Oh I agree it wasn't smart at all. The fact that it was so brazenly stupid and she did it in front of everyone else was what cracked me up. And then all her conversations with Jonathan, and Cao Boi, and Cecilia, and whoever else...and those goofy pigtails...if S13 were a Goldie Hawn movie, Flicka would be the winner.

Posted by emydi on 09-29-06 at 01:03 PM
I thought she did it in plain sight

Therefore Cece has no one to blame but herself. She should have DOLLYED her!!

Posted by KObrien_fan on 09-29-06 at 01:09 PM
I want to know who convinced Flicka...I doubt that it was Jon.
I think it was Cao Boi after Yul convinced CB. Wonder if that will be in Insider. And I want to see what CB and Flicka said when they voted for Cece. that will be in Insider.

I believe that it absolutely was Cao Boi that convinced her, and after he was convinced by Yul. The key was the secret nod that Cao Boi gave to Flica and the knowing glance back. This occured at camp as was very subtle.

Posted by emydi on 09-29-06 at 02:07 PM
thanks sweetie I will keep my eye out for it when I watch again. Was it the nos. of the original tribes? 3 and 3 Raro and Puka that finally convince CB and then Flicka?

"Did Jiffy say..."
Posted by Breezy on 09-29-06 at 02:20 PM
you have one more day on the island to the tribe as they left TC instead of the normal three? Or did I hear it wrong?

"RE: Did Jiffy say..."
Posted by KObrien_fan on 09-29-06 at 03:20 PM
You heard it right, he also said that to the NuRaro's when they won the challenge, "this guarantees you stay in the game at least one more day".

Posted by emydi on 09-29-06 at 03:21 PM
and it was just day 8...cece said her 8 days were great

Posted by Brownroach on 09-29-06 at 03:23 PM
Does he use that locution all the time now? I don't think it means there *is* another tribal council the next day, just that they can't be sure when the next one will be, so they are only guaranteed one day.