URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 6428
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"SurvivorBlows Tribe, It's Time To Vote!"

Posted by dabo on 09-13-06 at 00:43 AM
LAST EDITED ON 09-13-06 AT 01:06 AM (EST)

The Rules

1. Please put the name of your choice for this week's bootees IN THE SUBJECT HEADING! This is really easy. Just erase the bit where it says "Re: SurvivorBlows Tribe, It's Time to Vote!" and replace with your vote, i.e., Adam. This makes it easier to tally votes quickly and accurately. Oh, and btw... nicknames are tougher to tally unless they're REALLY obvious without actually reading your vote.

2. Reply ONLY to this post! Curves on women are good. Curves on vote threads are bad. The first part bears repeating: I like curves on women. Y'know, I'm not sure if I've been clear enough about this. Curves on women are really great things.

EXCEPTION TO RULE 2! VOTE CHANGES!

If it just so happens that you wanna change your vote for whatever reason, REPLY TO YOUR OWN POST! Your new post heading should read "VOTE CHANGE: Yul (or Whoever)".

3. THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD! DO NOT TREAT IT AS SUCH! There are plenty of places on the Spoilers Forum to debate the merits of people's arguments. Let's keep it out of here, please.

4. No sig pics! It was suggested that because this can be such a long thread, sig pics make it really hard to load for folks with dial-up connections.

5. Have fun. That's an order.

6... Well, just this once, in case you still don't know the wingnuts are who signed on for this edition, they are...

Adam
Becky (do not use Rebecca for Becky)
Billy
Brad
Candice
Anh-Tuan "Cao Boi" (Cowboy will be acceptable for this one)
Cecilia
Cristina
Jenny
Jessica
Jonathan (do not use Jon)
John (or JP)
Nathan (Nate)
Oscar (Ozzy)
Parvati
Rebecca (do not use Becky for Rebecca)
Sekou
Stephannie
Sundra
Yul

Edited to note: Becky is the Asian, Rebecca is the Black, John (JP) is the Hispanic, Jonathan is the White. Welcome to Survivor: Racial Profiling.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Sekou"
Posted by Flowerpower on 09-13-06 at 06:59 AM
Wow, the first of the season! Vidcaps lead me to believe that the Manihiki tribe will come in last at the IC. Rebecca is one of the contestants that is schooled in Survivor, I think she will convince the three women that their only chance is to get rid of one of the guys, Sekou is oldest and largest, and he may have choked in the challenge.

Exiled: Jonathan

TDT has found fire at all of the camps with the exception of the Rarotonga tribe(this is debatable however as many are speculating that they will get their flints with the stash from the ship as in Ep 1, Season 1), and the only one he can not seem to find at the Rarotonga camp is Jonathan. Sounds plausible to me...

"Stephannie"
Posted by tribephyl on 09-13-06 at 07:15 AM
Ummm...
Yup.

"Stephannie"
Posted by michel on 09-13-06 at 07:49 AM
It's the name curse! I think a tribe of 3 women will not want to go down to only 1 man for the next challenge. They will look for balance.

Jonathan for exile seems right.

"Rebecca"
Posted by survivor_21 on 09-13-06 at 08:19 AM
Come along sheep, I'm going to start the "Rebecca Bandwagon", or in this case would it be anti-bandwagon since I'm picking her to get the boot?

In any case, since there is no real evidence that one particular person gets booted, might as well guess someone different!

"Rebecca"
Posted by Max Headroom on 09-13-06 at 08:50 AM
Add me to the bandwagon.

"Stephannie"
Posted by JazzyJax on 09-13-06 at 09:09 AM
No good reason, just had to pick somebody

JJ

"Stephanie"
Posted by Magnolia_Rocker on 09-13-06 at 09:21 AM
-Mags

"Yul."
Posted by Estee on 09-13-06 at 09:29 AM
I closed my eyes and pointed.

"Sekou"
Posted by Scarlett O Hara on 09-13-06 at 09:55 AM
I'm with Flo Po- the yellow tribe will lose immunity and the Sisterhood will prevail.

"Steph-ANNIE"
Posted by Corvis on 09-13-06 at 09:57 AM
LAST EDITED ON 09-13-06 AT 11:53 AM (EST)

I think she won't fit in with Tribe Hollywood.

Go here for a little more.

Link

"Stephannie"
Posted by xwraith27 on 09-13-06 at 10:00 AM
It's either her or Rebecca, and I think Rebecca's going to last at least a few more episodes.

"Stephannie"
Posted by kary1371 on 09-13-06 at 10:43 AM

"Sekou"
Posted by Bravehart on 09-13-06 at 11:45 AM
I'm with Flo Po and Scarlett for FP's reasons.

"Stephannie"
Posted by AyaK on 09-13-06 at 12:07 PM
I'm with Corvis. I think the rest of the tribe are wannabe media DAWs -- the proof of that contention is that they pick the one successful media DAW in the game for initial exile -- and I don't think Stephannie will fit in.

"Stephannie"
Posted by Brownroach on 09-13-06 at 12:22 PM
I agree with Corvis and AyaK. A feel-good 4-1 boot to start the game is preferable to a bad-vibes 3-2 boot. Stephannie can easily be rationalized away by the show-biz four, even if they like her personally.

"Stephannie"
Posted by redbeard103152 on 09-13-06 at 01:08 PM
Greater minds than I lead me to make this particular choice for the first boot. Looking forward to this season.

"Sundra"
Posted by Chez on 09-13-06 at 04:08 PM
I think I've seen Stephannie featured heavily in the previews so she seems unlikely to go first in my opinion. This team will likely keep the two guys who will be regarded as strong challenge players. This leaves Rebecca and Sundra. It's just my guess.

"Rebecca"
Posted by MJewel on 09-13-06 at 04:34 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-13-06 AT 04:53 PM (EST)

I am going with a Rebecca boot. I have no idea really but in the bios...it does say about Stephannie and Sundra, that one runs and one jogs. Could be if the first boot is a woman the guys get together and convince everyone to keep the most athletic. Have to see how the challenge goes and who is stronger. They may very well go by who will help their team more in the long run, rather than who likes who in the beginning. Just another thought to add to the mix .

"Steph-fanny"
Posted by blacknwhitedog on 09-13-06 at 04:38 PM
I have no idea really

Go cowboy!

"Stephannie"
Posted by bobstew617 on 09-13-06 at 08:35 PM
I'll go with the majority this time. I have a feeling, though, things are not going to predictable this season!

"Steph"
Posted by RudyRules on 09-13-06 at 09:52 PM
There is no clear choice here, but more signs point her way.

"Stephannie"
Posted by greg2557 on 09-13-06 at 10:29 PM
I have no clue

"Stephannie"
Posted by seahorse on 09-13-06 at 11:55 PM

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

"Sekou"
Posted by dabo on 09-14-06 at 00:39 AM
I'm going with Flower's logic this week.

"Vote Tally #1"
Posted by dabo on 09-14-06 at 01:01 AM
This is post #25 compiling 24 votes, no vote changes, no previous tallies, no deleted posts, and no posts to point at and snicker (good goin', SB Tribe!) --

Stephannie: 15
Sekou: 4
Rebecca: 3
Sundra: 1
Yul: 1
Adam: UTR
Becky: UTR
Billy: UTR
Brad: UTR
Candice: UTR
Anh-Tuan "Cao Boi" (Cowboy): UTR
Cecilia: UTR
Cristina: UTR
Jenny: UTR
Jessica: UTR
Jonathan: UTR
John/JP: UTR
Nathan/Nate: UTR
Oscar/Ozzy: UTR
Parvati: UTR

"Stephannie"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 09-14-06 at 10:21 AM
Good arguments have been made for Stephannie so I have no reason to doubt that she's the leading candidate to be booted tonight.

Just an interesting observation about dabo's vote tally:
All of the R to Z names have a vote so far, while none of the A to Q names have a vote.

"HEY STEPHANNIE..."
Posted by Round Robin on 09-14-06 at 03:28 AM
...it's time for you to go!

"Stephannie."
Posted by cycles2k on 09-14-06 at 03:38 AM
Just because I am being a follower and going with the majority view.

"Sekou"
Posted by Lasann on 09-14-06 at 09:41 AM

"Stephannie"
Posted by HobbsofMI on 09-14-06 at 10:16 AM
I've never done one of these because I've lost interest in Survivor but this set up has me interested.....So caught up on my reading and signs point to Steph....

sig by Syren and bouncy by IceCat

"Rebecca"
Posted by LeftPinky on 09-14-06 at 11:24 AM
I'll go with those that say Steph is in too many previews. We'll save her for another couple of weeks.

"Stephannie"
Posted by kircon on 09-14-06 at 11:37 AM
If it's a woman like I believe, I just hope it's not Rebecca. I don't want to be kicked out before the roleplay game starts.

"Stephannie"
Posted by KObrien_fan on 09-14-06 at 11:40 AM
For the reason, read it here

"Stephannie"
Posted by netta68 on 09-14-06 at 12:35 PM
I was a lurker for many seasons (only posted once or twice) ... so here goes my first vote! Yes, I am following the pack

netta68

"Rebecca"
Posted by MDSkinner on 09-14-06 at 01:44 PM
Seriously, I have no clue.

"Stephannie gets gonged!"
Posted by PenMike on 09-14-06 at 02:05 PM
That will teach her for using an old Survivor name!

"Stephannie"
Posted by flygirl on 09-14-06 at 05:19 PM
Followin the crowd

"Stephannie"
Posted by whoami on 09-14-06 at 05:41 PM
Hard to tell what is going on at this time.

"Stephannie"
Posted by sylvester on 09-14-06 at 05:52 PM
I just logged in here for the first time this afternoon. I have no idea since I haven't looked at anything yet, so I'm going with what seems to be the flow.