URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 639
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Welcome New Posters!!"

Posted by Chrissy gal on 03-31-04 at 07:03 PM
I want to welcome all the new posters that have joined this forum. We love hearing what everyone thinks about the American Idol contestants.

I thought this might be a good time to give everyone a link to the forum guidelines:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID33/87.shtml

And copy one of the sections here:

II. DO NOT ATTACK OTHER MEMBERS
Personal attacks on other members will not be tolerated. Challenging the points of view and the opinions of other members is permitted, but only as long as you can do so respectfully and thoughtfully, without personal attack or insult. If you cannot be tolerant of others' beliefs and opinions, then please avoid introducing, reading or participating in topics that lead to such discussions.

We are like one big happy family here, we don't have to agree to love each other!

Welcome, and let's have some fun!!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"waves..."
Posted by TeamJoisey on 03-31-04 at 08:11 PM
...TJ also waves hello to all, including my newbie stalker troll.

"RE: Welcome New Posters!!"
Posted by I_AM_HE on 03-31-04 at 08:31 PM
Always good to dust off the guidlines at the beginning of a season, thanks Chrissy gal.

And of course welcome to you all, hope you stick around, continue contributing great thoughts to discussions and most of all have fun!

Posted by popcorn_with_sam on 03-31-04 at 11:02 PM
I really like how kind you all were to the people who gave results early. I am impressed. I have been to too many message boards where people are just plain mean and I am so happy that this one is not that way!!

Thank you!!!
linda

Posted by brvnkrz on 03-31-04 at 11:31 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-31-04 AT 11:31 PM (EST)

This board is much different than most other boards in the fact that we don't try to run off the newbies. I remember not too long ago being a newbie and was not aware that there were guidlines. I certainly appreciated them being brought to my attention. It made my existence here much smoother. We enjoy input from all from newbies to oldies and work to make this a real family.
Welcome to all the "newbies" and we look forward to the day when you can politely point out our guidelines to the new group of newbies.
ETA: Thank you Chrissy for taking the time to post the guidelines.

Posted by AugustGirl on 04-01-04 at 08:37 AM
Did you just call me old?

Morning brvnkz! How YOU doin' today?

Posted by brvnkrz on 04-01-04 at 10:07 AM
Good Morning Augie, I was talking about everyone EXCEPT you.

Posted by AugustGirl on 04-01-04 at 10:34 AM
I knew that!

<------ Not Old.

Posted by Devious Weasel on 04-01-04 at 11:16 AM
So she's calling me old?

Posted by brvnkrz on 04-01-04 at 11:51 AM
No, I meant everyone but Augie & YOU, I just forgot to write that down in my post to Augie. But, um, yeah, that's what I meant.

Posted by Devious Weasel on 04-01-04 at 12:12 PM
I don't mind, cause I am old. At least older than the majority of posters.

Posted by Electrikk Blue on 04-06-04 at 05:41 PM
..giggles, awwww honey, dont look at it like being Old man Haggard!!! Look at it like, like...oh gosh...I am at a loss for words here!
muwaa...teehee

Posted by arg2 on 04-04-04 at 10:04 PM
well thanks! much obliged to be here!

Posted by Handola on 04-07-04 at 10:36 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-07-04 AT 10:45 AM (EST)

5{syGal and I AM HE for welcoming us newcomers. I've never done the chat thing before and it's kind of fun. Idol is my guilty pleasure, I'm a singer and I love seeing kids who normally wouldn't have a chance get this kind of opportunity. I wish them all well, but I'm rooting for Fantasia and George (although Jennifer was awesome last night!)

Thanks again for welcoming!

Also, please forgive for the bumping, new thread thing- I am hitting "reply" but I may be starting new threads inadvertantly. You guys can have a laught at my expense-laugh at the new gal! I'll learn...

"bump"
Posted by Breezy on 04-01-04 at 08:00 AM
Please read the threads already posted first, your comments most likely fit in one.

If it's about a totally different subject then post a new thread. I see a lot of duplicate threads right now. Please keep the boards neat. Thankyou.

And welcome!!!! We're glad you came to join us.

JPL for American Idol.

"bump"
Posted by mrc on 04-01-04 at 10:09 AM
Since people seem to be ignoring Breezy and continue starting new threads . . .

"RE: bump"
Posted by CantStandToLook on 04-01-04 at 10:29 AM
Me thinks this is going to become the new bondage forum whenever the mods get the opportunity to stop in and clean up this mess.

Handcrafted by RollDdice
"Dook ....still sux"

Posted by Breezy on 04-01-04 at 10:31 AM
Bebo will be a busy bee.

Just say no to duplicate threads.

Posted by Bebo on 04-01-04 at 10:35 AM
Bebo's not a mod here. Lovin' my "normal poster" status (if anyone can truly say that, LOL).

Seriously new folks - we love having you here, really we do. But if you really want to discuss what people are saying here, please join in an existing discussion by hitting reply instead of starting yet another new thread about it. You'll get a lot more positive response to your comments that way.

Snarky, smart, S7 Anti-Bootee Champ

"Sorry Beebs"
Posted by Breezy on 04-01-04 at 10:37 AM
I thought you were a mod here, but now that I think about it...you told me that last week. Didn't you?

I see Ayak is here now.

And again welcome all new posters, please read threads before posting a new one. Thankyou.

Posted by grit on 04-01-04 at 10:32 AM
Did somebody say "bondage"?

Slowly losing my newbie status...I hope...

"The Calvary has arrived"
Posted by CantStandToLook on 04-01-04 at 10:39 AM
Lock em up....

Newbies will see..it'll be nice when the dust settles and we have neat threads to follow again.

Handcrafted by RollDdice
"Dook ....still sux"

Posted by Chrissy gal on 04-01-04 at 10:59 AM
You fit right in with the regulars around here grit.

We hope that a lot of the new posters fit in too! It just seems like so many just want everyone to read their opinions but they don't want to read anyone else's opinions. I have some eyesight problems, yet I read every post in the forums I frequent.

"Yaaa!"
Posted by mrc on 04-01-04 at 11:55 AM
Order has been restored to the AI board, and all is right in the world!

Posted by RollDdice on 04-17-04 at 02:38 PM
I'm new and I wanted to ask... what's a "sig pic?" Do I get one free when I sign up? Where do I go to pick up my free sig pic?

"bump"
Posted by brvnkrz on 04-01-04 at 02:56 PM
Bumping thread because there still seems to be some tension going on in a couple of threads.

Posted by tig_ger on 04-01-04 at 06:01 PM
Chrissy gal,

you're the best.

Welcome all new posters! Let's not lose sight of the fact that music is subjective and that everyone on this board is entitled to *my* opinion.

wonders if anyone will recognize my thinly veiled disguise at bumpage.

Posted by CantStandToLook on 04-01-04 at 08:24 PM
Bumpity bump just cause.

Handcrafted by RollDdice
"Dook ....still sux"

Posted by smakitupflipit on 04-01-04 at 09:32 PM
Thanks for the welcome! Can I ask something? I got an email from someone who didn't like my opinion. Is that allowed?

Posted by tig_ger on 04-01-04 at 09:47 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-01-04 AT 09:50 PM (EST)

Welcome, smakitupflipit! I'm not sure I'm the right person to answer your question, but it would be my opinion that someone can send you an e-mail, and you are certainly not obligated to respond.

Now, if the e-mail 1) was unsolicited and 2) has objectionable content and/or violated the guidelines in some way (attacking a poster, using non-board appropriate language, etc.), I would probably bring it to the attention of a mod through an e-mail or a PM. But, that's just me and my opinion.

Tattletale since 1974

Posted by Danejarus on 04-01-04 at 11:06 PM
Thank you for such a warm welcome. Hopefully, I can add a little spice to the conversations. Y'all are hilarious!

"Questions"
Posted by Chrissy gal on 04-02-04 at 01:48 AM
Can I ask something? I got an email from someone who didn't like my opinion. Is that allowed?

The best thing to do if you have a question about the guidelines or other things is to ask one of the moderators. There are two ways to contact moderators:

1) If you are in the "lobby" where all of the forums are listed, the names of the moderators for any given forum are listed. Click on the name and you can send that moderator an e-mail.

2) You will notice that some of the posters have a little blue head next to their names on the "Table of contents" list below the original post in any thread. Click on the PM or e-mail icon in the upper right corner the the moderator's post to send them a message.

I hope this helps!

"bump"
Posted by CantStandToLook on 04-02-04 at 10:37 AM

just a friendly bump

Handcrafted by RollDdice
"Dook ....still sux"

Posted by dangerkitty on 04-02-04 at 03:40 PM
Another Bump.

Posted by Spidey on 04-04-04 at 11:02 AM
I'll see you that bump and raise you another.

This MUST stay in the top half of page one!!

Posted by callalilly3000 on 04-04-04 at 07:17 PM
Thank you for your welcome. I have so far enjoyed being part of this forum.

Posted by BennyBoy on 04-04-04 at 07:50 PM
Thanks Chirssy! Man o Man I've only been reading here for about 6 months maybe and posting for about a month, and I feel like you guys are all one weird family! I can be the cute new baby boy lol. You veterans are awesome! I fell more welcomed now. Thanks you guys!

Posted by So_Opinionated on 04-04-04 at 08:12 PM
Hello to all the new posters-Welcome Welcome Welcome

Before you look at my DAW # and say, "Hey you're new too" that's exactly what I wanted to bring up. I spent alot of time just reading and lurking before jumping in. This way you get a real good sense of the regulars and the norms here.

I must say that it is very much so like a family atmosphere here. You fight with your siblings on one thread and on the next you praise their post. The only craziness comes when one of your siblings propose marriage there's alot of that here too.

Posted by brvnkrz on 04-04-04 at 10:18 PM
Welcome Benny, we would love to have a new babyboy.
So Opionionated, I need to correct something you wrote. You mentioned the regulars and the norms here. I thought you had been reading the posts for some time. If that were true you would know that that is nobody regular and are no norms here.
Anyhow, welcome to the boards and no more of the regular and norm stuff kay!!!

Posted by Chrissy gal on 04-05-04 at 01:16 AM
Nothing average or common either, right BNK??

Posted by So_Opinionated on 04-05-04 at 10:51 PM
BRv N KRZ

It was a temporary moment of sanity. Correction to ALL. We are not regular and norms do not exist. Like I said, "we are a family"
By the way, I'll babysit tonight

Posted by ginger on 04-06-04 at 06:11 PM
There's ice cream in the fridge, and the kids can stay up til 9 if they're good.

No, you cannot have your boyfriend over to "study."

"Any government that would deny a gay man bridal registry is fascist." Margaret Cho

"Sig pic you requested"
Posted by RollDdice on 04-16-04 at 09:17 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-16-04 AT 09:58 PM (EST)

>>It was a temporary moment of sanity.>>

If you try to be sane you'll never fit in here!
Here's the sig pic you requested. Use it in good health.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Admitted Pixel Pusher

"RE: Sig pic you requested"
Posted by Chrissy gal on 04-16-04 at 11:49 PM
I really like that Roll!! I hope SO likes it too!

"RE: Sig pic you requested"
Posted by RollDdice on 04-17-04 at 02:15 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-20-04 AT 10:03 PM (EST)

>I really like that Roll!! I hope SO likes it too!

Thanks so much Chrissy Gal! It's frustrating because So_O seems to be MIA.

We all DAW in diffferent ways - I'm an Admitted Pixel Pusher

"Calling So_Opinionated..."
Posted by Chrissy gal on 04-17-04 at 02:26 AM
I sent her a private message. If I see her around I'll point her this way.

"RE: Calling So_Opinionated..."
Posted by RollDdice on 04-17-04 at 03:15 AM
Chrissy Gal -

Check your PM, sweet thang.

Posted by brvnkrz on 04-05-04 at 01:14 AM
bumpity bump bump bump. Although I'm not sure how much good it is doing. Obviously some people are still not reading the guidlines.

Posted by dangerkitty on 04-05-04 at 11:00 AM
Yes, well, it seems that those people are not reading ANY other threads, so why would they read this one, either? That's the best logic I can make of it.

Mmmm, that bumpity bump bump bump felt good!

dk

Posted by shedevil on 04-05-04 at 01:22 AM
I'm fairly new here but I'd like to know if someone can do something about the members who keep using phrases like "stupid white people" and "crazy white people", I didn't come here to be offended. Thanks so much.

Posted by Chrissy gal on 04-05-04 at 01:30 AM
Hi shedevil, those statements bother me too. I find myself asking the same question.

Questions like this might be best directed to one of the moderators. If you look at post #27 in this thread you will see ways to contact the moderators.

Posted by shedevil on 04-05-04 at 01:34 AM
Thank you Chrissy, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one tired of race being brought into things. I will go check out that message right now. Thanks again.

"Bump"
Posted by mrc on 04-05-04 at 09:00 AM
Can I get a bump up in here?

"RE: Bump"
Posted by brvnkrz on 04-05-04 at 10:53 AM
One can always get a bump in here.

Posted by greenmonstah on 04-05-04 at 11:01 AM
rubs eyes and stretches...

Did I miss out on something?

Just back from vacation...

Posted by Chrissy gal on 04-05-04 at 11:20 AM
Welcome back Greenmonstah!

Posted by greenmonstah on 04-05-04 at 11:23 AM
YOU were one of the SBOTers I missed!
Thanks!

Posted by AugustGirl on 04-05-04 at 08:21 PM
Just taking this opportunity to say *HEY* to greenmonstah and to do the bump!

Hope you had a good time in DC, monstah.

"Bump for Tuesday"
Posted by mrc on 04-06-04 at 09:39 AM
Bump for Tuesday's show, not that it seems to help!

"RE: Bump for Tuesday"
Posted by leogirl_21 on 04-06-04 at 05:51 PM
I thought that we were supposed to talk about Idol...LOL
BTW, anyone here know how I can add a picture to my posts?
Thanks!

"RE: Bump for Tuesday"
Posted by tk72 on 04-06-04 at 06:17 PM

>BTW, anyone here know how I
>can add a picture to
>my posts?
>Thanks!

Hi leogirl_21, you can find your answers here.

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=5&forum=DCForumID33&omm=0

Posted by callalilly3000 on 04-06-04 at 06:14 PM
As you can tell, I am new here. I have enjoyed reading different posts, and have posted a couple of times. I have read through the regulations and guidlines, but it does not tell me what a " bump " is. I hate to be stupid, but I guess that is what I am being, because I can't seem to figure it out.

Could someone please enlighten me. Thanks

Posted by greenmonstah on 04-06-04 at 06:25 PM
Hi Callalilly...A bump is a way of "bumping" a thread back to the top of the list. Any new posting to a thread bumps that thread back to the top. Why it is being used over and over again in this thread, I am not sure because I was away on vacation and obviously missed out on a little fun.

Apparantly nobody bothered to read my "Do Not Have Any New Fun While I Am Away" memo.

Posted by ginger on 04-06-04 at 06:40 PM
*bump*

Must...follow...crowd...

"Any government that would deny a gay man bridal registry is fascist." Margaret Cho

"thanks!"
Posted by callalilly3000 on 04-06-04 at 07:21 PM
Thank you Monstah!!

Posted by watergirl on 04-08-04 at 00:54 AM
dang! I'm new too and I also don't know what a 'bump' is and I haven't read the guidelines, but was thinking I'd better so I could learn about bumping.....then callalily posted her message and was sooo relieved I didn't read the guidelines cuz it apparently does not define 'bump', so I was so glad you answered clily.......but after reading your post, I still don't know what bumping is, so now I figured I must be kinda stupid....so, thanks for the boost to my self-esteem, monstah, but could you try again?

Posted by EnglProf on 04-08-04 at 00:57 AM
Hi Watergirl, (Welcome!)

When someone posts to a thread, it moves it to the head of the thread list on the main page (IE the top of the AI threads). When people REALLY want to make sure everyone sees a particular thread, they might *bump* it to move it to the top of the forum.

Hope this clears it up-- I wondered for awhile myself

Posted by watergirl on 04-08-04 at 09:43 AM
ooh...thanks for clearing that up. What do the numbers on the far right of the page mean?

Posted by mrc on 04-08-04 at 02:46 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-04 AT 02:49 PM (EST)

I think you are referring to the post numbers. Each post is assigned a number in the chronological order in which it was posted to the board.

Example: the post I am responding to is #81, but my post will be #83 b/c someone down the page posted in the time between your post and mine, if that makes sense.

ETA: I am actually #84 b/c someone posted before I could send this. Clear as mud? Good!

Posted by brvnkrz on 04-08-04 at 06:51 PM
Dont't worry GM it hasn't been fun.

if you don't have anything nice to say, come sit next to me.

Posted by arkiegrl on 04-08-04 at 05:21 PM
I have a couple of newbie questions? What's a troll? And what is "thread-jacking"? I'm so confused!!

Posted by tig_ger on 04-08-04 at 06:39 PM
Welcome, arkiegrl! So glad that you are here! Here's a definition of a troll. This link describes it better than I can. Here

Thread jacking occurs when a poster replies to a thread and completely changes the subject. For example, you start a thread on how much you love me, and I reply by talking about what I'm eating for lunch. Then the next person starts talking about their car problems, and we've totally digressed off topic. It is considered a hi-jack of a thread; thus, a thread jack.

A Kyngsladye Original

Posted by Chrissy gal on 04-08-04 at 08:14 PM
Just wanted to add - usually thread-jacking is unintentional. Everyone is just posting along and the subject just happens to change. But sometimes when posters are bored we might thread-jack just to be silly. I was being silly the other day when I thread-jacked and pointed it out because it is something I don't usually do outside of the Off-Topic Forum.

Posted by arkiegrl on 04-12-04 at 11:18 AM
Tig_ger and Chrissy gal,

thanks for the welcome and answers!

oh, I almost forgot!

Bump!

Posted by brvnkrz on 04-12-04 at 11:23 AM
Arkiegirl is a quick learner. Welcome.

Posted by RollDdice on 04-17-04 at 02:30 PM
Most thresdjacks seem to begin with probably clueless and his sheepdog Rory. >

"BUMP!"
Posted by Spidey on 04-07-04 at 08:01 AM
Please, please , please look to see if there is a thread appropriate for your post before starting a new one.

argh!!!!

"BASIC FLOW CHART"
Posted by greenmonstah on 04-07-04 at 11:22 AM

Is my post original in thought?

YES- Go ahead and start a new thread

NO- Enlighten us with your thoughts, notions and variations by posting to current thread

Not sure? Post under current thread OR do not post at all

"RE: BASIC FLOW CHART"
Posted by grit on 04-07-04 at 12:15 PM
I wish the moderators on my camping board were this vigilant. Now that camping season is gearing up, we get several new threads a week, "Hi! I'm a newbie! What popup camper do you recommend I buy?"

Thanks to greenmonstah for the sig pic!

"RE: BASIC FLOW CHART"
Posted by AugustGirl on 04-07-04 at 04:31 PM
Hi Grit. I'm a newbie. What popup camper do you recommend I buy?

Also a thinly viewed reason to do Da Bump.

"I am serious here:"
Posted by greenmonstah on 04-07-04 at 04:36 PM
What is a pop up camper?

"RE: I am serious here:"
Posted by Bebo on 04-07-04 at 04:40 PM
Is that one of those people who jumps out of the woods and yells, "Here I am!!!!!"

Posted by greenmonstah on 04-07-04 at 04:43 PM
Are these pop up campers employed by the park or are they hobbyists on vacation?

Ladies and Gentlemen, why Bebo is the Queen of Snark

Posted by tig_ger on 04-07-04 at 04:53 PM
Hopefully pop up campers have nothing to do with pitching a tent.

ifyaknowwhatimean

Posted by greenmonstah on 04-07-04 at 04:58 PM
Hee, hee, hee...

Tigger may have just coined an alternative saying for pitching a tent

Posted by brvnkrz on 04-07-04 at 04:53 PM
They are ads for tents and coleman stoves aren't they?

if you don't have something nice to say, come sit next to me.

Posted by greenmonstah on 04-07-04 at 04:59 PM
You mean like they pop up out off a magazine?

sigh...we city folk...seriously...WHAT IS ONE?

Posted by grit on 04-07-04 at 05:21 PM
Oh, you people are mocking me! That's it, I'm leaving! I'm going back to my camping boards! I'm the queen of the universe over there! Waaahhh!

Do I win the award for drama queen?

Posted by AugustGirl on 04-07-04 at 05:32 PM
Sorry Grit, but Breezy has been dubbed the AI Drama Queen. I'm sure she won't mind crowning you Drama Princess, but her being a true Drama Queen I know she won't share her title.

You could try to dethrone her. Go on. Try. I dare ya. I double dog dare ya. Go on.

Posted by tig_ger on 04-07-04 at 09:11 PM
Nah. Time for a new SB Board Title, I'm thinking.

Oh, and bumpty bump bump, for obvious reasons.

Tig_ger: Holy Mother of Inclusion

Posted by grit on 04-07-04 at 05:25 PM
It's a camping trailer that's small when you tow it - about 4' high. When you get to the campground, you crank it and the roof raises up, and the bunks pop out on either end (hence the name "popup camper"). It's like a tent on top of a trailer.

Do you wanna buy one? I'd be happy to recommend a brand to a newbie like you!

Posted by Chrissy gal on 04-07-04 at 06:15 PM
It's like a tent on top of a trailer.

Also known as a "tent trailer"!

Posted by callalilly3000 on 04-07-04 at 09:59 PM
I have been posting here for about a week now. I must say that I feel very welcome. Last season I spent alot of time on the AOL chat for American Idol. ( I switched to DSL! YEA!). The chat rooms were filled with hatefull, awful, people. I like this forum alot better.

So far, everyone's comments, good or bad have been mostly tasteful.

Thanks again for the welcome.

Posted by Spidey on 04-08-04 at 00:50 AM
Bump.

For the love of all that is good and holy, please stop with the duplicate posts!!!

Thank you.

Posted by buckeyegirl on 04-08-04 at 08:24 AM
Bumpity, bump, bump...it's Thursday so you know what that means...10 different thresds with saying pretty much all the same thing.

A Kyngsladye Original. RMMW!

Posted by theincrediblehugey on 04-08-04 at 02:59 PM
>Bumpity, bump, bump...it's Thursday so you
>know what that means...10 different
>thresds with saying pretty much
>all the same thing.
>

OK.

Duly noted.

I'll probly never post another new thread again...

I guess.

Maybe.

Sob...

but it's such a newby HIGH!

Posted by Goooey_Alley on 04-08-04 at 09:38 AM
I think I have to do an obligatory post in here...

Found this group pretty interesting... with many unique personalities.

I root for Jasmine, Camile, Diana, George, and LaToya.

"bump"
Posted by brvnkrz on 04-08-04 at 02:22 PM
I don't believe there has a bumpity bump bump today.

"Ooo I wanna try!"
Posted by wandacal on 04-08-04 at 02:41 PM

*bump*

Oh that felt good.

Hand-picked by JSlice!

Doesn't even watch Idol but hates to be left out of the fun.

""Ode to the Bump""
Posted by mrc on 04-08-04 at 03:04 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-04 AT 03:56 PM (EST)

I'm bumping this thread,
Because I can't get out of my head,
The sound of Camille's voice,
Or the posters who have a choice,
To start new threads or not.
This board will go to pot,
If we don't take a stand,
Draw a line in the sand,
And just say "no" to those--

*Who can't read or follow guidelines
*Who won't take the time to edit their posts
*Who type in all caps
*Who use lewd, offensive language
*Who think that their brilliant analysis deserves to see the
light of day in a separate thread even though we have already
been debating the same topic for days on another
thread, providing our own penetrating analysis of John Stevens'
inadequacies and coming to our own insightful conclusions about
why William Hung is so darn popular

With this little ditty, I must repose.

"RE: "Ode to the Bump""
Posted by theincrediblehugey on 04-08-04 at 03:45 PM
OK. OK. I get it.
I'll stop.

Posted by mistofleas on 04-08-04 at 03:49 PM
OK. OK. I get it.
I'll stop.

Thank you.

--thankful for the bump

Posted by mrc on 04-08-04 at 03:58 PM
Actually, hugey, I was not directing it at you, but if you have a guilty conscience . . .

Posted by theincrediblehugey on 04-08-04 at 04:04 PM
You've got me pegged. Hugely overactive guilty concience...um...
bump.

Posted by brvnkrz on 04-10-04 at 01:04 AM
Hi Ginger

Posted by Shakes TheClown on 04-10-04 at 01:18 AM
are clowns welcome too? ;)

Posted by mrc on 04-10-04 at 04:07 PM
Only the real ones with spinning heads!

Posted by okaychatt on 04-10-04 at 08:04 PM
Hi All. I've been enjoying your comments for several weeks now. I like the "no flaming" rules. How refreshing!

As for opinions, some of you are dead on perceptive, guided by supreme IQ's, and astute evaluators of singing talent - just like I am. (I'd insert a smiley face here, but haven't figured that out yet.)

The rest - well - I'm a patient sort of person. NOT!

Anyway, I'm glad to be here.

Off to "Help" to figure out where the heck my "Mark" button has gone to. ACK!

Posted by Tiger Lily on 04-10-04 at 11:25 PM
As for opinions, some of you are dead on perceptive, guided by supreme IQ's, and astute evaluators of singing talent - just like I am. (I'd insert a smiley face here, but haven't figured that out yet.)

A suck up and a DAW! You fit right in around here. I like you already.

A very heartfelt welcome to you, okaychatt! Hope you stick around.

"Hi OkayChatt, here's how to do the smiley face"
Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 04-10-04 at 11:38 PM
To find out how to do the smiley face and other faces, here's what you do:
1) when you post a message, look at the red typeface above where you leave your message.
2) You'll see "Emotion Icons Emotion icon short cuts"
3) Double click on there, and a screen will appear with all the codes you'll need.

"RE: Hi OkayChatt, here's how to do the smiley face"
Posted by okaychatt on 04-11-04 at 12:22 PM
Thanks, SD. I tried that, but my computer wouldn't go to the link. I think it's a problem with my firewall or popup program, or both. I'll experiment a little...........or maybe a new computer?! Must be able to keep up with my fellow DAWS at any cost. Off to "Help."

Posted by Tiger Lily on 04-11-04 at 03:28 PM
okaychatt- all you have to do to insert a smiley face is type ":-)". Others are pretty much the same way; for example: = ;-) and = :P ...etc, etc.

Hope that helps.

Also, anytime you need to see the code for something, you can hit "reply with quote" under a post that contains the object that you want, and you will see the code the person used.

Posted by okaychatt on 04-12-04 at 03:05 AM
AHA! Thanks, Tiger Lily!

"Okay, Chrissy Gal!! You're in TROUBLE"
Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 04-10-04 at 11:10 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-10-04 AT 11:11 PM (EST)

who the ##### are you to ##### that I can't ##### whenever I ##### feel like #####. So ##### whenever you ##### and ##### because ##### when ##### and ##### because #####. So, why ##### when ##### says ##### then you ##### say when ##### or #####. Well, I believe ##### and ##### belongs #####.

There, I said it. I feel much better now.

"RE: Okay, Chrissy Gal!! You're in TROUBLE"
Posted by AugustGirl on 04-11-04 at 01:00 PM
Did you just call me fat?

*waves to Dan*

Posted by Tiger Lily on 04-11-04 at 03:30 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-11-04 AT 04:15 PM (EST)

No, I believe he called you old.

*waves to Augie and Dan*

Posted by AugustGirl on 04-11-04 at 05:21 PM
Well, in that case, never mind.

*smooches* and *hugs* to TL - even if you are a young whippersnapper.

Posted by buckeyegirl on 04-12-04 at 03:47 PM
Bumpity bump bump..it's monday and already there are similiar thresds popping up.

A Kyngsladye Original. RMMW!

"Flow chart Posted Again"
Posted by greenmonstah on 04-13-04 at 06:57 AM

Is my post original in thought?

YES- Go ahead and start a new thread

NO- Enlighten us with your thoughts, notions and variations by posting to current thread

*April 13th: We have three threads going of similar nature...gah!!!!!!!!

Not sure? Post under current thread

Posted by buckeyegirl on 04-14-04 at 09:07 AM
Bumping...do we really need three thresds stating the same thing?

~I lvoe Hawaii and all, but two thresds about the voting there? RMMW!

Posted by brvnkrz on 04-14-04 at 01:05 PM
Has anyone seen bump around lately? Keep an eye out for him and if you see him send him to AI.

Posted by mrc on 04-15-04 at 12:00 PM
Do I even need to justify this bump? I think not!

"slackers!!"
Posted by Angelfood on 04-16-04 at 06:40 PM
I was just catching up here, and guess what?

I found this thread on PAGE TWO!!!!!

You people should be ashamed of yourselves!
Really! ;)

"RE: slackers!!"
Posted by Chrissy gal on 04-16-04 at 07:44 PM
I'm just not the type to BUMP my own thread!

"RE: slackers!!"
Posted by brvnkrz on 04-16-04 at 07:47 PM
That's not what I heard about you Chrissy.

"BUMP"
Posted by emydi on 04-17-04 at 06:20 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-17-04 AT 06:23 PM (EST)

PLEASE read the guidelines. It's quite easy. There are toooooo many threads about John Stevens and other matters on this BOARD. There is usually already a thread on every topic you might want to post about.

emydi

"RE: BUMP"
Posted by mrc on 04-18-04 at 10:26 AM
*bump*

Posted by AugustGirl on 04-18-04 at 10:56 AM
I just want to say I *heart* mrc. You are cool and totally rock!

Some people will never get it, mrc. No matter how hard you try. *sigh*

Posted by mrc on 04-19-04 at 08:55 AM
*traces dirt with toe and shyly shrugs shoulders*

Shucks, ma'am, tweren't nothin'.

*tips hat to Auggie*

This board has gotten WAY out of hand. I wash my hands of it (but I'll still lurk and bump!)

Posted by okaychatt on 04-18-04 at 11:30 AM
Any idea how long it took me to figure out what "bump" means in a "Welcome" thread? For a short while, I thought it meant someone was getting the boot. LOL! "OT" took a while, too.

okaychatt, working her way along the bumpy newbie road to "New Thread" level of membership.

Posted by broodgal on 04-18-04 at 01:55 PM
Hey i've been lurking for a long time so i finally decided to post!

Posted by managerr on 04-18-04 at 01:58 PM
This thread can never be bumped enough. It is quickly becoming like the Fox Boards. There are no less than 6 Jon Stevens threads on the first page!

Posted by calamityc on 04-18-04 at 03:14 PM
I just have a quick question. This is my first year to join in any conversations about tv shows, but I am very active in a few crime forums. In those, we have the ability not only to lock a thread, but to delete it. (Admin only) Admin can also move posts to the proper thread they should be in. Guess I am just curious as to whether that is impossible on realitytv board. Oh yes, and some people get upset over moved posts as well, but since the longtimers (didn't say old!) like things clean, just wondering if that is something that doesn't work with your software.
cc

Posted by tig_ger on 04-19-04 at 12:55 PM
Hi calamityc! Welcome!

With respect to your question, the moderators on our board *do* have the ability to lock, delete and move threads here. Sometimes this forum has more locks on it than Fort Knox, and there indeed has been outrage from certain posters who are not as well versed in the guidelines as they should be. However, all of our moderators have other jobs and other things in their lives and cannot be all places at once. It may take them awhile to come in and clean up, so we try to educate our new friends so that they can play along with the rest of us on this playground.

A Kyngsladye Original

Posted by mistofleas on 04-19-04 at 01:05 PM
Well put Tigger, well put.

--tries to be helpful 99.9 percent of the time

Posted by RollDdice on 04-19-04 at 03:59 PM
The ones you have to watch out for are Rudy Rules and Nailbone.

Flight plan by RollDdice

Posted by RudyRules on 04-19-04 at 07:12 PM
WooHoo!
Isn't that SS flying that plane?

Hey Nice job RD!

RollDice can be the director of propoganda...errr...communications in my administration!

Posted by RollDdice on 04-19-04 at 07:43 PM
I humbly accept the position of Director of Communications in the new administration. I also declare that weekends will begin on Thursday afternoon and end on Tuesday morning.

And an open bar in the lavish Employee Lounge...

Posted by RollDdice on 04-20-04 at 06:57 PM
I think Survivor Snoopy was checking on the in flight movie.

Flight plan by RollDdice

There's no room for Woodstock...

Posted by calamityc on 04-19-04 at 04:36 PM
Thanks for taking the time to answer my question tig_ger! I just have one of those left brain minds always wanting to know how things work. I know your mods would be very busy, you have alot more members than we do on the crime boards. Thanks for the welcome too, have enjoyed the reading here.
cc

Posted by mistofleas on 04-19-04 at 05:01 PM
you have alot more members than we do on the crime boards.

I'm glad to hear that. I'd like to think there's more people wanting to talk about American Idol then wanting to learn how to commit crime!

...and since we haven't interacted before, this is my way of being humorous. You know...crime board...committing crime, people learning the best way to break and enter...*grin*

--being funny and clarifying all at the same time since 1975

Posted by RollDdice on 04-19-04 at 05:24 PM
Don't knock those crime boards. I've picked up some good tips there.

I'm gellin' like a felon.

Posted by Lisapooh on 04-20-04 at 10:34 AM
whatever you do, don't call anyone a whistleass on a crime board - they frown on that.

no longer welcome at court tv

Posted by mistofleas on 04-20-04 at 11:03 AM
I got the Court TV too late Pooh...I wanted to see you in action!

--hasn't gone back because without Pooh CTV board has no meaning

"Reminder for tonight"
Posted by Breezy on 04-20-04 at 08:36 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-20-04 AT 08:39 AM (EST)

Those of us on the east coast...Do not post spoilers. And can we please keep things neat, no duplicate threads. My suggestion would be that the someone start a thread titled April 20th Show... or something like that. Then we all can post our remarks and comments there. Wait? Doesn't Angelfood usually start that one? I haven't seen her around lately.

ETA- I've just been informed that Anglefood is without a computer for a few days, and so I'll start the week 6 thread for her tonight.

Just say no to trolls.

"This is important!"
Posted by mistofleas on 04-20-04 at 10:22 AM
Thank you breezy babe.

Okay ya'll listen up. Breezy will start the April 20th show thread. Please post your comments in that thread. There is no need to start individual threads about 20 different topics regarding love, hate or apathy about individual contestants. Please keep your comments about tonights show in the April 20th thread. Anyone who is on the west coast and doesn't want to know what is happening before they see the show will know to avoid that thread, thus will not have the show spoiled for them.

The boards have become so inundated with threads basically saying the same thing, that it is almost impossible to wade through them. Please lets keep things neat and tidy. We'll all have a lot more fun in the long run.

Thanks.

--OCD Virgo since birth

"RE: This is important!"
Posted by greenmonstah on 04-20-04 at 10:32 AM
Wait! What was the thing in the middle?

<--- about to go "postal"

"RE: This is important!"
Posted by AugustGirl on 04-20-04 at 12:42 PM
Hey! Just logged in during my lunch break and came over to the AI board. Can I go postal with you, G-Montsah? YA NO!?!

Ok? Kewl!

If I don't go postal, I'm going to have to poke my eyes out. YA NO?

"Yes..."
Posted by greenmonstah on 04-20-04 at 01:18 PM
AwgDawg may go postal with me...

"RE: Reminder for tonight"
Posted by brvnkrz on 04-20-04 at 11:44 AM
Thank you Breezy, you will be my AI hero for the day.

Posted by Bebo on 04-20-04 at 12:43 PM
OK, let me see if I've got this straight...

The East Coast discussion thread will be open tonight. Posters can text message their comments, raves, faves, rants, etc. to this special discussion thread from showtime until midnight EST. Posters should ONLY text message to this particular thread, instead of starting others.

You know, since peeps have been able to adapt to dialing a new phone number for 2 hours nonstop week after week, you'd think they'd be able to pick this up with no trouble. I have faith that the AI posters will show that they can understand and follow simple rules.

And if that faith is misguided, then let the locking and mocking commence. Come on peeps, don't let me down.

Posted by mistofleas on 04-20-04 at 12:58 PM
Better get that lock button on standby girl! I'd like to have faith in the peoples of AI but my expectations are low...really low.

--hearts bebo and doesn't envy her her job tonight

Posted by Bebo on 04-20-04 at 01:03 PM
Psst...Misto...I have no powers here. I can only hit the Alert button 50 million times like everyone else.

Of course, that has its perks. It means guilt-free "24" viewing once AI is over.

Posted by mistofleas on 04-20-04 at 02:37 PM
Power schmower Beebs, the mere presence of you should be enough for anyone!

What do ya think girl? Is it time to ask Webby if he'd consider dividing this forum up into Fanatics and Bashers?

--thinks the above suggestion may help a little

Posted by mrc on 04-20-04 at 02:09 PM
*sharpens knife and whispers menacingly*

Must not let Bebo down! Must not let Bebo down!

Posted by shedevil on 04-20-04 at 02:18 PM
It sounds good on paper "so to speak" but I bet that there will be at least one or two people who don't read this, and will do it anyway and claim ignorance, maybe someone should go ahead and post that topic now, so it can be seen by everyone right away.

Posted by Breezy on 04-20-04 at 02:32 PM
I'll post it tonight, but it doesn't really matter when it gets posted. Some will ignore or not see it and start a new thread.

May try something new tonight and under the east coast thread I will have a post for each performer. Maybe that would help?

Posted by shedevil on 04-20-04 at 02:37 PM
>I'll post it tonight, but it
>doesn't really matter when it
>gets posted. Some will ignore
>or not see it and
>start a new thread.
>
>May try something new tonight and
>under the east coast thread
>I will have a post
>for each performer. Maybe that
>would help?

That might not be a bad idea, you're right, there probably will be those few people who will do it no matter what. I swear some do it on purpose but oh well. There isn't a whole lot we can do about it. I usually don't start topics because most of the time whatever I want to say fits in with a topic that's already started.

"Can I ask?"
Posted by Breezy on 04-20-04 at 02:41 PM
Why do you always hit reply with quotes?

"RE: Can I ask?"
Posted by shedevil on 04-20-04 at 02:44 PM
I hit reply with quotes so everyone knows exactly who I'm talking to and what I'm responding to, it makes it easier for me to make my response, why? Is it a problem?

Posted by Breezy on 04-20-04 at 02:45 PM
Not for me, although it is a little confusing sometimes. But those with dial-up might find it slower to open some threads because of it.

You could just change the subject to who you're addressing or address them directly in your post.

Posted by shedevil on 04-20-04 at 02:49 PM
I guess I could do that, I have dial-up and it it never loads slow for me, but I can try your suggested method. I started doing it because sometimes when I read the messages it's difficult to tell who the post is in response to, so I just figured if I put the part of the post I am responding to in my post then there would be no doubt.

Posted by mistofleas on 04-20-04 at 03:03 PM
When I'm at home with dial up, it does take longer to load threads that you've been posting to. Other people have done it, but I'm just saying you, SheDevil, because you do it pretty consistantly.

Here's something you might try. I find it works the best in making sure that you can quote directly to a particular statement without taking up too much bandwidth.

Say I want to reply to you, SheDevil, and in particular to something that you said in a post. I hit the "Reply" button on your post. Then I have the "Compose Message" spot to write my words. Directly above it is the post that I'm talking about. I then just cut and paste from that post and put it in mine. I use the Italics to differenciate between mine words and yours. Hope this helps.

Bebo had warned someone about doing this awhile ago and she 'splained it pretty well, if you want I can find it.

Posted by shedevil on 04-20-04 at 03:12 PM
*Other people have done it, but I'm just saying you, SheDevil, because you do it pretty consistantly.*

It's cool, I don't have a problem with someone trying to make things easier for everyone. I didn't know it was a problem, which is why I did it consistantly, the option is there, so I didn't know. Now that I do, I am trying the suggestions given to me, I know what it's like to suffer through dial-up problems.

*I then just cut and paste from that post and put it in mine.*

I am trying your suggestion as we speak. Thanks for the help.

Posted by brvnkrz on 04-20-04 at 03:29 PM
I wish everyone could be as polite as Shedevil when responding to constructive criticism. Thanks You Shedevil for being so cooperative, we are lucky to have you around on the AI boards.

Posted by shedevil on 04-20-04 at 03:37 PM
to:brvnkrz

*I wish everyone could be as polite as Shedevil when responding to constructive criticism. Thanks You Shedevil for being so cooperative, we are lucky to have you around on the AI boards.*

Thank you very much, you put a smile on my face. I feel lucky to have found such a great board! I'm all for having a well oiled machine as opposed to mass chaos!

Posted by mistofleas on 04-20-04 at 03:32 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-20-04 AT 03:34 PM (EST)

Glad to help. Do you know how to use the italics?
The HTML reference right above where you post can help with that. If you want to use them I mean. There's lots of fun stuff in there. bold, underline,

heading

...lots of stuff.

--ends HTML 101

Edited because she can

Posted by shedevil on 04-20-04 at 03:45 PM
Glad to help. Do you know how to use the italics?

Thanks! I somehow totally didn't see that html reference until you pointed it out. I'm trying it out right now.

Posted by mistofleas on 04-20-04 at 03:50 PM
Excellent!

--loves her some HTML

Posted by shedevil on 04-20-04 at 03:58 PM

--loves her some HTML also

Thanks for the lesson!

Posted by greenmonstah on 04-20-04 at 03:55 PM
Why...just on my commute home from work, I was thinking of what a great contributer shedevil has been to the AI forum. Your posts are always well thought out and well composed. You are always polite and considerate. I was all set to send you a "very special post" and I find others are feeling the same way and they have beat me to it.

I am off to plan something special for our shedevil

"RE: Can I ask? to: greenmonstah"
Posted by shedevil on 04-20-04 at 04:03 PM
Awww! How sweet, now I'm blushing. Thanks so much, I know I started out a little, um.. er.. passionate, but I'm working on my form as I go. I enjoy myself here and I enjoy the peeps here also!

"I agree She!"
Posted by zombiebaby on 04-20-04 at 04:39 PM
I always thought you were just that "passionate" about your Jennifer and in keeping the AI boards in order. I always enjoy reading your posts and actually look for them even if I don't agree. I think you do a good job and most of the other posters that can't seem to take your constructive criticism are probably on the younger side(IMHO).

Plus I learned some today also from Misto's lessons above!

***Keeping it plain & simple since 19XX***

"RE: I agree She! to: zombiebaby"
Posted by shedevil on 04-20-04 at 04:56 PM
Thank you so much, you guys are making me feel really special, and I appreciate that. I can't help it sometimes, I have always been in love with beautiful voices that really move me. That's why my favorite singer is Josh Groban.Jenn's voice does that for me. You may be right about the few people who have chosen to get mad at me.

Posted by mrc on 04-20-04 at 04:41 PM
Yep, shedevil is A-okay with me. She has adapted well on a board that has seen its share of stupidity lately.

"This warms my heart"
Posted by RollDdice on 04-20-04 at 04:56 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-20-04 AT 04:57 PM (EST)

This is a pleasure to read. I made the same "don't include the whole message" suggestion to another poster and we practically had a fistfight about it. Welcome aboard shedevil.

I seem to inspire aggression where ever I go... *sigh*

"RE: This warms my heart"
Posted by shedevil on 04-20-04 at 05:12 PM
Thank you very much, I'm glad to be here. I don't know why some people can't take suggestions or constructive criticism without getting angry and rude. I really think sometimes the biggest problem is that too many people want to be heard but don't want to listen. I do my best to be good at both, talking and listening.

Posted by grit on 04-20-04 at 04:57 PM
Okay, we're all agreed, shedevil is politeness personified.

Maybe she can be the official hospitality hostess. You know, when someone starts a duplicate thread, she could go,

"Excuse me, please, newbie, but WTF do you think you're doing? We got rules on this effin' board, thank you very much, and one of those rules is NO DUPLICATE THREADS - got it??? I'm asking you very politely to read the d@mn rules you moron! Thank you so very much and have a great day!"

Whadda ya think? (I think no one's going to ask me to be the hospitality hostess, that's what I think.)

I like shedevil, too. She likes Jennifer Hudson, I like Jennifer Hudson. Shedevil is smart and articulate, I'm smart and articulate. We're like cybertwins or something...

Posted by mistofleas on 04-20-04 at 05:08 PM
Maybe she can be the official hospitality hostess. You know, when someone starts a duplicate thread, she could go,

and take away the fun from the old timers? Nah, no official titles around here except Webby is god..

Oh and that "I" am your American Idol.

--stole the above line from Bebos long ago sig pic tag

Posted by Chrissy gal on 04-20-04 at 08:08 PM
Oh and that "I" am your American Idol.

That's right! And *I* am

"RE: Can I ask? to: grit"
Posted by shedevil on 04-20-04 at 05:08 PM
I'm going to need surgery to remove the smile off of my face. You like me, you really really like me!

"Excuse me, please, newbie, but WTF do you think you're doing? We got rules on this effin' board, thank you very much, and one of those rules is NO DUPLICATE THREADS - got it??? I'm asking you very politely to read the d@mn rules you moron! Thank you so very much and have a great day!"

That is hilarious! My tummy hurts from laughing so hard. If I used that speech, I don't think it would go over very well, but it sure would get their attention!

I like shedevil, too. She likes Jennifer Hudson, I like Jennifer Hudson. Shedevil is smart and articulate, I'm smart and articulate. We're like cybertwins or something...

Well let me do the math, that make us super genius J-Hud buds right?

"RE: Can I ask? to: mrc"
Posted by shedevil on 04-20-04 at 05:01 PM
Yep, shedevil is A-okay with me. She has adapted well on a board that has seen its share of stupidity lately.

Thank you very much, I think it's easy to adapt if you want to get along with the great people here. It's been easy for me because I do want to get along with everyone.

Posted by udg on 04-20-04 at 04:54 PM
She can, she can
Oh baby
When she post, she posts
I go crazy

---
UDG <-- up too late
And, I have brownies!

Posted by mrc on 04-20-04 at 05:03 PM
udg,

You need to find some backup dancers to give us the full effect.

Posted by brvnkrz on 04-20-04 at 05:24 PM
Somebody alert Augie, we're having a lovefest over here on the AI board. It's about time.
And Shedevil, don't you worry, if anyone tries to be rude to you, you got a few "oldtimers" that will back you up hon.
If you have Misto on your side, you are in good hands.

Posted by mrc on 04-20-04 at 05:49 PM
The AI board is a little old place where,
We can get together!

AI board, baby, AI board,
AI board (Baby, that's where it's at!)

cross-threading from OT b/c it's cool

"RE: Can I ask? brv"
Posted by shedevil on 04-20-04 at 06:16 PM
Shedevil, don't you worry, if anyone tries to be rude to you, you got a few "oldtimers" that will back you up hon.

Thanks so much! Lord knows I could use some back up lately!

"RE: Can I ask? brv"
Posted by greenmonstah on 04-20-04 at 06:22 PM
We have your back, shedevil. You are almost at post #300. We will have to celebrate over in the OT when the time comes.

whispers: surprise party for shedevil in the OT after post #300. Whoever gets there first after her 300rd post is to "host" it...

"RE: Can I ask? greenmonstah"
Posted by shedevil on 04-20-04 at 06:39 PM
We have your back, shedevil. You are almost at post #300. We will have to celebrate over in the OT when the time comes.whispers: surprise party for shedevil in the OT after post #300.

Thanks monstah! A party sounds great, we'll probably end up there alone but still, it's the thought that counts.

Posted by probably clueless on 04-20-04 at 06:26 PM
Misto is the Allstate of the AI Forum.

A Kittyloaf®Original

Posted by mistofleas on 04-20-04 at 09:18 PM
*You're* in good hands clueless!

--won't say where the hands are though

Posted by kerawal on 04-21-04 at 01:01 AM
Thank you- glad to be here!

Posted by mrc on 04-21-04 at 11:55 AM
Almost noon and a (virtually) clean board!

*does the Bobo*

Posted by TeamJoisey on 04-21-04 at 11:40 PM
bump

Posted by GrendelsMom on 04-22-04 at 00:57 AM
Bump.

Not that it' going to do any good.

Posted by RollDdice on 04-22-04 at 02:10 AM
Five away from a swoop swoop.

Posted by mom_of_many on 04-22-04 at 09:25 AM
I just wanted to let you old timers know that all newbies are not stupid.

I have never posted a spoiler or wrote my post in caps lock so please don't hate all of us!

So maybe I am a little stupid because I don't know how to start a thread (not that I will anytime soon). Can someone tell me how to do it? I can't post in the help topics because my question is how do I start a thread and I would need to start a thread asking that question.

Thank you,
a newbie

Posted by Breezy on 04-22-04 at 09:30 AM
When you're at the board and looking at all the thread headings, you see post at the top of the page. Clicking on the post button will create a new thread.

Posted by probably clueless on 04-22-04 at 09:32 AM
Thanks!

You just completely confused me for the rest of the day.

A Kittyloaf®Original
*Why did I read that?*

Posted by mom_of_many on 04-22-04 at 09:55 AM
Thanks Breezy

Posted by Breezy on 04-22-04 at 09:56 AM
You're very welcome.

Posted by GrendelsMom on 04-22-04 at 10:06 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-22-04 AT 10:07 AM (EST)

Nice to meet you, Mom Of Many (although I think I'll just call you by your acronym, "MOM") You are very welcome to the boards---Please PLEASE post more often! We really and truly do love newbies who can write intelligently and who are cautious about following the rules.

I only intend to give a hard time to newbies who blatantly disregard the polite requests of their fellow posters. That is disrespectful to everyone, and it seems like the only way to get them to understand just how disrespectful it is, is to give some of the same back to them.

If you show respect for the community, ask intelligent questions, and offer insightful comments, then bless you! But don't worry--you've already demonstrated those things, and in practically your first post, too. I'm not kidding when I say please post more often--and let us know how we can help. (us moms have to stick together, altough I'm a Mr. Mom-type person.)

Posted by Chrissy gal on 04-22-04 at 09:09 PM
Hi MOM, welcome aboard! We really do like new posters and that is why I started this thread.

I'm sorry that the frustration level in this forum has made some people feel like they are not welcome!

The things I would like to stress are:

We all were new once. We usually don't treat new posters any differently except to welcome them when we notice they are new.

The number of posts does not tell the whole story. We have posters who have been here a few weeks who have 1000 posts and we have posters who have been here for years who have 50 posts.

Even those of us who have been here a long time make mistakes. So it is important to remember that most mistakes are not a big deal.

When in doubt check the guidelines. There is a link at the top of each forum.

Posted by buckeyegirl on 04-22-04 at 10:29 AM
Bump! I guess people don't look past thresd #3 over here...

""oldies""
Posted by Breezy on 04-22-04 at 10:33 AM
Do you post to the dup threads or just alert them?

I just alert them and hope and wait for them to fall down the page.

"By Jove, I have it! A thread just for newbies!!"
Posted by mrc on 04-22-04 at 02:23 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-22-04 AT 02:28 PM (EST)

Crazy idea, but hear me out! Maybe we should start a thread just for newbies. That way they can type in all caps, complain about conspiracies and weather problems, start petition drives to save d***s and a certain contestant from Hawaii (whose name shall not pass these fingers again), and gripe about "oldies." Watcha think? Huh? Huh?

Nah, they wouldn't read the title anyway, and the board would miss great newbies such as myself and shedevil.

"Oh God it is slipping again"
Posted by strid333 on 04-22-04 at 03:36 PM
So it needs another bump

Three is the perfect number. RMNW!

Posted by callalilly3000 on 05-14-04 at 09:57 PM
will this bump to the top?

Posted by madalaine on 05-15-04 at 08:59 PM
Hello all,
New to the board-- been lurking the last couple of months. AI fan- sort of. I think this season is lame. Reality TV is not real; it is a vehicle for ratings and nothing more than a cash cow and producers will do anything to get the ratings...

This season bites so bad because many I have talked with don't feel the talent is there. Latoya, George and Fantasia are the best the show had to offer IMHO, but we weren't led to care about them the way we did with Ruben/Clay... AND... the contestents this time seem to be pretty much out for their own and they didnt really gel as a group since day one.

Give me "Like a Virgin" Daniel this season. He was much more entertaining.

Posted by Chrissy gal on 05-16-04 at 00:19 AM
Welcome Madalaine!

Posted by okaychatt on 05-16-04 at 11:30 AM
Hi madalaine. This is only my second season watching AI and my second month posting, but I agree with you. It was a kick watching Clay improve each week last year, but since Jennifer was the only one doing that for me this year, I really don't care who wins.

Sometimes I think we're watching a preview of WB's new Superstar USA, where the *best* get voted off each week as a hoax.

That was certainly true for Jennifer, George, and La Toya. If the trend continues, Fantasia will go this week.

Posted by Skyfel on 05-17-04 at 00:09 AM
Hi. I'm a new poster. Wasn't a fan of AI til this season. Latoya was my absolute favorite. Was VERY MUCH looking forward to hearing her sing the entire season and win the whole thing. I am NOT happy that she is gone. Very upset. The only person I can stand to win the competition now is Fanny. GO FANDANGO! LOL, or Fanny/fanfan/the fanster/fantasia.

Laura

P.S. anyone from Indiana on these boards? Almost race day! yeehaw!

Posted by dirtysouth on 05-17-04 at 09:12 AM
Hi, I am also new to this board. I have been watching AI since the beginning. Actually had to watch the second season on video tape because I was in Iraq. I haven't liked how the voting has been going this season. I have been shocked like everyone else, but since my pick (Fantasia) is still in it I am okay. I do have a feeling she won't win, though.

I have been lurking around here since the beginning of this season and have enjoyed reading everyones observations. It's made watching even more fun.

What you really know about the DirtySouth -Goodie Mob
-p.s. I had to shrink my banner down to get it to 60 pixels and it messed up the color. Anyone know how to fix it. Thanx

"Sig pic fix"
Posted by RollDdice on 05-17-04 at 11:32 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-17-04 AT 11:34 AM (EST)

DirtySouth -

Email your original sig pic to me as an attachment and I'll see what I can do to shrink it and make it compliant with the specs.

To email, click on the first button on the right side of my message, right below the time and date.