URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 637
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN" CD???"

Posted by cbabz307 on 05-12-06 at 11:38 AM
NOT!!!! I think thats why Simon had a look of utter horror on his face after Chris was voted off!

Imagine having to market a CD from either Elliot or Taylor! Taylor isn't terrible, but he's more of a vaudeville act than a singer, and Elliot is like watching paint dry.

Simon better PRAY that hotty Katharine gets her act together the last couple of weeks or he's going to go broke trying to sell CD's from those other two clowns!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN" CD???"
Posted by Devious Weasel on 05-12-06 at 11:49 AM
I'd buy an Elliott CD.

Posted by miamicatt on 05-12-06 at 05:01 PM
Me too.

I'd hit it.

Posted by geekboy on 05-12-06 at 12:02 PM
"vaudeville act"? Where the heck do you get that comparison?

Taylor is a true soul singer in the mold of Joe Cocker/Ray Charles and Ray Lamontagne (whose song "Trouble" he sang). I don't understand the vaudeville reference at all.

I think a Taylor CD would be a lot easier to market than an Elliot CD. Taylor's niche is very well defined. Elliot's niche? I'm not sure what his niche is.

geekboy

Posted by jags on 05-12-06 at 02:31 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-06 AT 02:33 PM (EST)

He may not be vaudeville but he is not or should not be mentioned inthe same breath with Ray Charles or Joe Cocker and just because he has copied and yes he copied some of the same body motions as those of Joe or Ray does not make him that. I think that is why Simon keeps referring to him as karaoke.
That said I would by neither Taylors nor Elliots album.
jags

Posted by geekboy on 05-12-06 at 02:56 PM
When i listen to Taylor doing _Taylor music_ (think his rendition of "Something" or "In The Ghetto"), that is all natural, coming from his soul. His moves to a degree may be copied, but you cannot deny that he has a natural love for performing and he has a God-given gift of singing with a natural soulfulness in his voice.

THAT is not copied, THAT is Taylor. And I disagree, he can be mentioned in the same breath with Ray Charles and Joe Cocker. He has what they had - the God-given gift of soul.

I will buy Taylor's CD on the day it is released.

geekboy

Posted by tamarama on 05-12-06 at 03:12 PM
I *heart* Geekboy

Posted by geekboy on 05-12-06 at 03:33 PM
* Blush *

* sigh *

geekboy

Posted by jags on 05-12-06 at 03:58 PM
The question was asked I just responded. We feel differently, that is why there are so many CD's on the shelf to accomodate everyones taste. I disagree that Taylor has this great gift, he is talented as I have said before. As I have mentioned he is the most popular just not the most talented IMO.
JAGS

Posted by nailbone on 05-12-06 at 03:04 PM
Running around like a crazy man, and laying on the floor, could lead to such comparisons.

Sig by Slice

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

Posted by callalilly3000 on 05-12-06 at 08:48 PM

Thank you GB.. I love Taylor and would buy his CD in a heart beat!

Slice and Dice Shop 2004

Posted by Magnolia_Rocker on 05-12-06 at 12:51 PM
I.would not buy his CD. Hell, I wouldn't buy anyone's from this year except Chris and Bucky.

Siggy thanks to Syren!

Posted by Glow on 05-12-06 at 12:57 PM
I started a thread about whose CD would you buy a few weeks back. In it, I think I said I would have to give Elliott's a listen before I decided, but now I.am.so.sick of his voice. So, I'll have to go with no, I would not.

I want a Chris and a Bucky.

Posted by drooler on 05-12-06 at 03:00 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-06 AT 03:01 PM (EST)

I haven't bought any past Idol CDs, but this year I would definitely buy both Elliott and Taylor. I love the sound of their voices and dislike the sound of Chris's. Kat doesn't do much for me.

What I really hate are those 1st smarmy song singles they stick the winner with in the finale and then put out as a single. All butterflies and angels . . . ick.

Posted by KoalaChick on 05-12-06 at 04:03 PM
Absolutely, without a doubt, yes I would. His voice is like buttah. He's no heartthrob, but man, can he sing.

"RE: Love Elliott "
Posted by LisaPles on 05-12-06 at 04:40 PM
Yeah, lame post. I think Elliott has the best voice in this competition.

Posted by nailbone on 05-12-06 at 04:54 PM
OTOH, I think there are plenty of people that would by an Elliot CD. I won't be among them, however. And I wouldn't by a Taylor CD either, unless he does a specific type of song (Sam and Dave, for instance)

Elliot does have a wonderful voice, just not my style. And I don't think Taylor's voice translates to CD/radio as well. His is pure performance.

Even the lovely Kat will have to do a specific style for me to buy her CD. I'll watch her videos 24/7 however.

Chris's CD will be purchased as soon as it's available, whatever band he's with.

Sig by Slice

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

Posted by anotherkim on 05-12-06 at 05:21 PM

No, but then again, I've never bought any other Idol CD, so it isn't like I'm breaking a pattern or something.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--Chris? Yes. Katherine? Maybe, but probably not. Taylor? No.

Posted by priestdi on 05-12-06 at 07:54 PM

this is just too theoretical for me.

I'd have to actually hear the CD -- or at a minimum, know what kind of music it is, whether the artist had any control over it, how pop-ified Clive makes it ..... all sorts of elements.

in theory, I'd buy -- or decline to buy -- CDs from all of them.

last year, I skipped them all, because Bo got watered down.

year before, I bought Fantasia just to support her. But I don't listen to it.

I think I got Clay's out of curiosity ... and I have both of Kelly's even though I never listen to them, lol.

OOOHH I forgot.

I have Pray for the Soul of Betty, does that count as a Season 4 CD?

Posted by LIVEURBESTLIFE on 05-13-06 at 02:34 PM
Absolutely I would buy an Elliot cd. I think he has a great balladeer/r&b/soulful voice and would probably put out a great CD.

As far as his looks go once he gets the record deal hollywood will fix him up and turn him into a hottie.

Posted by xwraith27 on 05-14-06 at 07:05 AM
I'd buy an Elliott CD if it's available where I am, but I'd probably get tired of it after a week. I'd still buy it though, along with a Chris, Bucky, and maybe even a Paris CD. The only CD I definitely wouldn't buy is Mandisa's. She's just not my type of singer.

Posted by KoalaChick on 05-14-06 at 01:02 PM
To get an idea of what an Elliott CD would sound like, to go www.yaminfans.com and you can click on links to hear every one of his AI performances. Doing that, you get just the audio pleasure of his voice, and aren't distracted by his looks or moves. You can also listen to them in chronological order, so you can see how much he's evolved with each performance. I still get the goosebumps when I listen to A Song For You. He really does knock that one out of the park.

Posted by sica077 on 05-16-06 at 10:18 PM
Thanks for the link...

"Somebody to Love" is my absolute favorite!!

Posted by AddieRacer on 05-16-06 at 11:26 PM
"Somebody To Love" is my favorite, too. I would buy Elliot's CD (and Taylor's also).

Posted by KingJames on 05-17-06 at 01:56 AM
Yes, i would buy an Elliot Yamin C.D. he has a great voice, I like his style, & I think with some professional hlep could be awsome.

Posted by rdsonia on 05-17-06 at 02:20 PM
Yeah sure I'd buy it. And on those nights when I can't get to sleep I'd put it on. I bet before the first song was over I'd be out like a light. BORING BORING BORING!!!!!!

"NEVER"
Posted by CattyChat on 05-17-06 at 02:44 PM
He's just too unforgettable for me. When he performs I have to TRY not to tune him out and listen.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

"RE: NEVER"
Posted by fenway_frank on 05-17-06 at 06:18 PM
yea i dont get it...I hate the way Paula gushes over him...and Randy consistently cuts him slack.....oh yea...and hes not a very good singer either.

Posted by saraahhx3 on 06-07-06 at 08:17 PM
You know what? I would.. I thought Elliott was an awesome singer and I LOVE HIM!!! I would be pissed if they don't record his voice!!!

Posted by geekboy on 06-07-06 at 09:34 PM
I will definately buy an Elliot Yamin CD. I think the guy is amazing when given the right music.

I was blown away when he did "Moody's Mood For Love" in the early rounds. I think that was the first WOW momement for me this season. Also, his rendition of "A House Is Not A Home" on teh finale night was _THE_ best rendition of that song on all seaons. Ruben did it. Tamyra did it. Elliot blew them both away.

The guy, like Taylor, has a natural God-given voice, but the two are so different. I hope they don't push Elliot into a 'white-boy-R&B' mold, but instead let him unleash the jazzier side of him and he'll shine.

geekboy