URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID87
Thread Number: 630
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Will Win/Should Win Finale DWTS#9"

Posted by Snidget on 11-24-09 at 08:00 AM
We haven't been doing this all the way along, but I thought it might be fun.

So who do you think will win based on how you think the judges additional score and the vote total will effect the leaderboard.

Then who, if you were the sole decider should win.

Me

Will Win
Donny, he has a pretty big fan base and can turn on a performance when he wants to.

Should win
This I will divide into subcategories because I have a reason I want each couple to win.

Technical merit
Mya. Probably the best dancer of the season, but she does seem to have problems on the likability scale. She still seems to be a persona to me than a real person. Especially compared to Donny and Kelly who come across as very genuine on the show.

Also, Dmitry is cute and I always enjoy seeing him dance, so I'd like to see him win

Best Improved/Dark Horse
Kelly. So much growth both as a dancer and a person. Watching her transformation has been so much fun. Seeing her mess up and still have fun and enjoy what she was doing was really nice.

I want to see him win as I don't know if anyone could have gotten the same results with Kelly and I enjoy his choreography a lot.

Best Performer.
This goes to Donny. But then he should be able to perform under stress as he's done it his whole life. I'm surprised I like him on the show as much as I did given how much Marie annoyed me.

Kym, so close so many times, it would be nice to see her get the win for a change.

So, I'll be a sap for the growth story and pick Kelly. I like seeing the growth and development on this show rather than just someone who is pretty much always good all the time. Although, I feel sorry for the blue peeps if she wins because you know that will bring out the angry in some people.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Will Win/Should Win Finale DWTS#9"
Posted by vince3 on 11-24-09 at 10:02 AM
Will win: Probably Mya/Dmitry, although her "it's mine, all mine" might've turned even more off of her for Donny to slip in, especially if she slips up or does like she did in Freestyle and isn't very exciting..........

Should win: Kelly/Louis, just on principle. As I said in the introduction last night, I think hardly anyone, including herself, thought she was going to make it even halfway, let alone all the way to the Finale!

Posted by DearAbby on 11-24-09 at 11:58 AM
her "it's mine, all mine" might've turned even more off of her for Donny to slip in

I have never voted until last night, and I voted for Donny for that very reason! Having said that, however, I will be happy no matter who wins, because, as Snidget points out, they all deserve it for one reason or another.

Posted by CTgirl on 11-24-09 at 12:04 PM
Snidget, I agree with everything you just said. I see it the same way.

If I had done this before watching the finale, I would have said Mya/Dmitri deserve to win (and just as much because of him than her! ) but their freestyle was very disappointing. If I had voted last night, I would have voted for Kelly. She should finish in third place, but she was such a joy to watch that I couldn't help rooting for her. Donny's freestyle was good - but it didn't show anything that he'd learned. It was an Osmond Family special Routine. But I wouldn't mind if they won because Kym deserves it after some of the clunkers she's been stuck dancing with over the seasons. Bottom line, for the first time ever, I'd be happy with any of the three winning, and that has as much to do with who the pros are as who the celebs are.

Should:
1. Mya/Dmitri
2. Donny/Kym
3. Kelly/Louis

Will:
1. Kelly/Louis
2. Donny/Kym
3. Mya/Dmitri

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 11-24-09 at 01:02 PM
Pretty much agree with you, too, Snidget. I could go with either Kelly or Donny, though.

As for the disappointing Freestyle, I blame Dmitry. He did that routine over and over again in the SYTYCD tour, and it showed. He shined in it. I think he wanted to do it so as to showcase himself, not her. Still, she seemed not up to even the simplest of moves.
I would liked to have seen Mya teamed with Tony--i.e., someone who knew more about dancing than she did. I'm still not a fan of hers, but it would have been fun to see what the two of them could have done.

Posted by CTgirl on 11-24-09 at 02:33 PM
It's funny that you said that he did that routine over and over on the SYTYCD tour because I thought to myself that that's a SYTYCD routine!! He did outshine her and they should've put some tricks in it too to jazz it up.

Posted by qwertypie on 11-24-09 at 02:58 PM
total agreement here. Very disappointed in our Dmitri.

Posted by LFJ on 11-24-09 at 06:04 PM
Maybe Dmitri finally gave up on the dancing ego and just tossed the mirror ball in someone else's direction.

Posted by qwertypie on 11-24-09 at 06:08 PM
And he keeps wearing shirts. What's with that?