URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID106
Thread Number: 63
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Hot Guy Geek Girl!!"

Posted by curlz416 on 09-23-07 at 10:39 AM
Did anyone notice that the Hot Guy is and actor...

Ive seen him in TV shows..
Sam Horrigan
Hes been in ''Little Giants, and on ''Veronica Mars'', ''The Brink''..

Sorry but if there isnt a twist at the end, to explain why an actor is on the show that just kills it, does that mean all the geeks & beautys before hand were/are actors...

What a crock of s*it!!!!!!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Hot Guy Geek Girl!!"
Posted by observer on 09-23-07 at 04:19 PM
Many wannabe models and actors go on reality TV shows hoping to be discovered. I think many say that they're a waitress or bartender, for example, instead of admitting that they want to be an actor.

I haven't seen those three shows that you mentioned. The "hunk" is looking for something to add to his resume.

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 09-23-07 at 07:55 PM
>I think many say that they're a waitress or bartender, for example, instead of admitting that they want to be an actor.

No, many are making a living as a waitress or bartender till they hope to be discovered.

They still need to eat, have a place to live and money to pay for promo materials. Plus if they get the jobs that run from evening into night they still can go to auditions during the day-time.

The problem I have is if the hunk is an actor is he still stupid, or is he just acting that way. As the quote from Brook Shields about starving children in Africa shows, just because you are an actor/tess making millions, that does not mean you are smart.

So what is this guy like in real life?

Posted by Loree on 09-24-07 at 09:27 AM
This is just similar to Average Joe. That show had some actors mixed in with the other "average" guys. They seemed to act more geeky for the show.

Posted by JoeGazillionaire on 09-24-07 at 12:51 PM
Who were the actors on Average Joe? I wasn't aware of that? Although, I did know that Malena, Larissa and some of the hunks had Hollywood aspirations.

"RE: Average Joe"
Posted by Loree on 10-02-07 at 05:39 PM
I really don't remember their names anymore. But when the shows were on it was discovered that some of the geeks had done some acting. I think Dennis was one of them in the first season.

Posted by SFM0407 on 10-02-07 at 04:46 PM
I was totally interested in this show because of the plot twist but I recognized him as an actor right away. He was on 8 Simple Rules (after John Ritter died), he played the teenage son on Grace Under Fire, and he's played the bully/dumb jock roles on several other sitcoms for years! I know for a fact that the female geek is legit because the evening news here in New England just did a piece on her. She is apparently a real female smartie from Harvard or MIT, I can't remember which. The piece was what got me interested in watching the show...the actor immediately turned me off to the show!!! What a shame because this could have been something very interesting and they had to go and ruin it!

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 10-02-07 at 08:03 PM
This sounds like a silly decision.

1) He may be an actor, but that does not mean he is smart.

2) If he is kick off the show in the next two/three contests his being an actor has little result on the final outcome.

3) He sure does not act smart.