URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 6293
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S12- State of the Spoiling Episode 3"

Posted by KObrien_fan on 02-14-06 at 09:10 PM

Survivor 12: Exile Island

Episode 3- Crazy Fights, Snake Dinner

Is that steak dinner? No! It is snake dinner. A reward perhaps? Crazy nights? Due to the storms? No! It is crazy fights. Is that the immunity challenge or the tribe dynamics?

Take off your shoes, kick back, and grab a seat- this is the state of the spoiling, your one stop for the weeks spoiling- all wrapped up in one neat thread. The title was brought to us by Brownroach.

SeeBS Misdirection- (Courtesy of OFG)

Every night is miserable for the next Survivor sent to Exile Island. Can they withstand another horrendous night, fighting the cold winds and torrential rain alone?

Speculation in that thread that Aras, Bobby, and Bruce are missing from the camp arguments and so the exile could be one of them. Later after some vidcaps of the close up of clue #3 were found, speculation turned to trying to identify the man's thumb that was holding the parchment. You will see a mini vid-clip below that indicates it is Bruce holding the clue and therefore will be the exilee for the second time in a row.

One Survivor proves to be an All-Star at the Reward Challenge, securing a major win for a starving tribe.

Original spec was that Bruce could be the all-star since Chill One had spoiled that 6) Asian guy ... sent to "penalty island" early in the game. Comes back to help his team win the next challenge. Possible jury member. However, with the overwhelming vid-clip that nullifies that theory. The other speculation in the thread is for the pilot Terry to be the all-star as he leads La Mina to victory in the RC.

Bickering starts early for one tribe and leaves some members wondering about forming premature alliances.

This is pretty clearly Casaya as Danielle and Courtney rethink their alliance with pyscho detox boy Shane. He sits on the beach and selfishly shouts "I want mine. I only want one."

Call it superstition or plain coincidence, but one group's interesting dinner gives more than strength to a weak tribe.

Interesting dinner eh? Snake anyone? Now we know where the title of the episode came from. Casaya the starving tribe that lost RC has to go out looking for other sources of food. They stumble upon some snakes and the tall skinny one lops off the head of a couple. The blood gets in the water and attracts a shark which comes over and takes a bite out of Shane...(Just kidding, but didn't Jeff Probst say this season reminded him of Palau? First the school yard pickem, then an older dominating stud, a tall skinny geek buy, and now catching snakes...)

Reward Challenge- Sling Shot Dodge Ball

CBS identified the full contact wrestling as the IC, so that leaves the vid-caps of the sling shots as the reward challenge. The object it seems is to have part of the team on the beach launching balls into the air toward the others that are standing on a balance beam over the ocean. After catching a ball, it appears that you have to throw the ball at something.

Some caps from the Web Promo thread that Volsfan posted:

View from the beach-

Close up of the balance beam-

Terry readies to fire at somebody-

A dejected Shane- (Casaya loses)

And the winning tribe picks the exiled person-

Bruce (Again? Aw, gee!)-

Exile Island

Much talk, speculation, and debate over this weeks exile in the thread brought to us by FlowerPower. It all comes down to this vid-clip and a pair of identifyable thumbs:

But is the clue based on a prop error as speculated by Michel? (Who by the way nailed the reason for the disks and their use in the schoolyard pickem prior to episode 2) Or is it an editing error similar to one made during survivor all stars where they showed Rudy taking water out of the pot that had writing on it before Saboga had won the RC? It sure appears as though Bruce will be exiled again.

One advantage to being exiled is the possibility of finding the hidden idol. Much talk has gone on in this thread started by Samboohoo and it is an ongoing place to discuss each new clue.

Immunity Challenge- Capture the Sandbag (Sumo Style)

The IC is full contact wrestling as the players look to be digging up sandbags and using them to force the other tribe from getting them to a certain spot. One thing is sure, CBS' blur-o-matic will be fully employed in this episode. Gawd forbid we sneak a peak at Cirie's attributes!

Could this be the challenge that Bruce is supposed to come back from EI and help his tribe win? According to the editing, which if you haven't read this thread started by VerucaSalt with contributions from a wide variety of wonderful SB spoilers, then what are you waiting for? It is truly a must read thread! Anyway, according to the editing and the heavy vidcap screen time to the La Mina tribe, it appears they will be losing this challenge.

The Boot

So now the only question left is who is the boot? We don't have an E3 boot discussion thread, but the VOTE thread (Thanks SherpaDave) is up and many have put their thoughts in there. So far we have the most votes for Ruth Marie or Dan.

Why Ruth Marie?

1. She is older and getting weak.
2. She is the odd person out of 3 alliances of 2.

Why Dan?

1. He is older and more of a liability.
2. Alliances revealed do not succeed, we have all but been hit on the head with the Dan/Terry alliance.
3. Misty is shown in the first previews massaging Nick, she is trying to work her magic on the young guys. 2 young gals + 2 young guys + one odd woman out = An old man boot.
4. Corvis and TDT both say so.

What does NASA stand for? Need Another Survivor Astronaut 'cause this rocketman is going home:

Recap-

RC: La Mina
IC: Casaya
Exile: Bruce
Boot: Dan

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: S12- State of the Spoiling Episode 3"
Posted by MJewel on 02-14-06 at 10:18 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-14-06 AT 10:18 PM (EST)

KO...great SOTS! You really pulled everything together and it was great to read .

Posted by dreamerbeliever on 02-15-06 at 02:44 AM
Great SOTS KO! Poor Bruce, hope he finds that idol.

Posted by tribephyl on 02-15-06 at 05:00 AM
OMG! Says it's not true.

Geez...just look what happens when I decide to stay away from spoilers for a couple of days. (If you can't tell, I picked Dan in many of the fanatics games.)

Fantabulous SOTS, KO!
I admire your skill.
My only hope is that none of it is true.

Posted by Flowerpower on 02-15-06 at 06:39 AM
KO, I've said it more than once, you are the master at doing the SOTS and this weeks is no exception! Concise, colorful, and direct! Thanks so much!

Posted by michel on 02-15-06 at 08:05 AM
Very nice Job. Every discussion that happened during the week in one very nice post.
And Thank You KOB_Fan! It's my first time being mentionned in the SOTS. Sort of feels like I joined the tribe!

Posted by KObrien_fan on 02-15-06 at 08:21 AM
You sure are one of us Michel! So glad to have you in our spoiling ranks, keep up the good spec!

Posted by Max Headroom on 02-15-06 at 10:20 AM
Another stellar SOTS from a true Survivor guru. Well done!

Posted by Krautboy on 02-15-06 at 10:41 AM
Thanks KO! Excellent SOTS!

I feel like I just watched the show...now I can watch the Olympics instead.

Well done!

Krautboy

Posted by redbeard103152 on 02-15-06 at 10:46 AM
Once again the Queen comes through with a great SOTS.RedBeard

Posted by Brownroach on 02-15-06 at 10:57 AM
A perfect SOTS, KOfan, but then your SOTS's are always models of perfection.

And I want to echo your accolade to michel for nailing the switch/exile/tribal council scenario last week.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Posted by emydi on 02-15-06 at 11:02 AM
very good my good friend, very good indeed

Posted by kingfish on 02-15-06 at 04:32 PM
Emi, you just used three goods in one sentence! You're slipping sweetie. I mean, KO IS good-good-good, but your reputation suffers.

Posted by tribephyl on 02-15-06 at 11:19 PM
But she's says them through gritted teeth. And a single raised eyebrow.

Posted by RudyRules on 02-15-06 at 11:29 AM
Super job KO!
Very well done.

"Them people had to be pretty dumb to make their camp in a riverbed" - Rudy Boesch

Posted by mommamia on 02-15-06 at 03:59 PM
Nice read! I can only hope my choice of Ruth Marie going home rather than Dan comes true. I'd like to see more of the Terry/Dan alliance even if it falls apart down the road. Otherwise, everything else is how I'm seeing too!

Posted by kingfish on 02-15-06 at 04:26 PM
Thanks KO, I've been stuck this week, can't decide whether I should go with what they should do if they were logical (heh, yeah I know, that NEVER works), my heart vote (almost 0% success rate), my guess based on my insider information (0% success rate, cause I ain't got any), or the stars (thanks Georgianna, but still at 0%).

SOTS is the best source of info I have, and thanks to you and your brilliant and hard working fellow posters I may have a chance at getting it right this week.

Mucho thank yous.

I know where ee-it ee-isss. No you-who dooonnnn't! Yes I doooo hoo".

Posted by Scarlett O Hara on 02-15-06 at 05:56 PM
Fabulous job, KT!! Once again, you've cracked the nut and have given us all of the important information we need to know going into this early season ep! Good job! Sugar!!

Posted by strid333 on 02-15-06 at 08:06 PM
Great SOTS!

Three is the perfect number.