URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID58
Thread Number: 629
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"And on the bashing side..."

Posted by Estee on 07-28-05 at 08:38 AM
Nice closing credits. I believed it up through Carson and Mike as 'hottest reality couple' 'cause I believed one of our sister sites would have sardonically granted them that title and the producers would have picked up on it. Think anyone's going to sue for forty million in emotional distress over this one? I think Hunk Josh (who, as we all know, just stopped crying) has a case.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: And on the bashing side..."
Posted by Wacko Jacko on 07-28-05 at 09:50 AM
LAST EDITED ON 07-28-05 AT 09:50 AM (EST)

No, it was in fun. And there is nothing they could sue about.

I liked the ending with the Fast Times at Ridgemont High parody. Did you know that was from Fast Times at Ridgemont High? Same song and types of jokes about the future.

Posted by RealityMom on 07-28-05 at 10:49 AM
I really liked the ending, too. It was good for reality tv to stand back and laugh at itself. It reminded me of "Animal House" which I seem to remember (but it's been years) also had a follow-up "where are they now". Dante could have played the John Belushi part. He's definitely toga material.

Posted by ladro on 07-28-05 at 10:51 AM
I thought of Animal House at first. But, then I realized this is probably one of the ideas that the producers ripped off from Fredo.

Posted by RealityMom on 07-28-05 at 11:01 AM
Wasn't Fredo the brother who was killed in "Godfather"? I think that Average Fredo should remember what happened to another person in the entertainment industry when he displeased the Powers That Be.

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 07-28-05 at 11:25 AM
>I thought of Animal House at
>first. But, then I realized
>this is probably one of
>the ideas that the producers
>ripped off from Fredo.

IT WAS FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH - NOT ANIMAL HOUSE. Trust me it was taken right out of the movie. So obvisious to anyone who has seen the movie. IT WAS THE SAME SONG to boot.

Posted by RealityMom on 07-28-05 at 11:35 AM
Hi, Wacko,
I wasn't questioning which movie it was from (since I was the one who first brought up Animal House). Animal House was made in 1978 and Fast Times came out in 1982. I saw them both when they came out and haven't seen either one since. I was just adding Animal House to the mix because it's the one that the ending and some of the characters reminded me of. Remembering songs, who sang them and where they're from has never been one of my strengths. So I defer to you. Now, I've got two more titles for my Netflix queue.

Posted by mmm_link on 07-28-05 at 01:38 PM
I watched Fast Times last week on DVD with the director's commentary. She said they copied their ending from Animal House as well. Anyone notice Nicholas Cage (Then Nicholas Coppula) in the Fast Times? He worked at All American Burger with Brad.

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 07-28-05 at 01:46 PM
Yes, I know that movie inside out. It's one of my favorites. Maybe Fast Times copiied Animal House, but AJ copied Fast Times. Same song and same type of wording. Animal House for some reason was never a favorite of mine, maybe because Belushi was never a favorite.

Posted by SilverStar on 07-28-05 at 11:35 AM
Calm down. It's going to be ok. Who cares if the ending reminded them of Animal House? It's their opinion.

Sigs by Bob! Fear and chemistry keep everyone happy!

Posted by mommy2bree on 07-28-05 at 02:40 PM
EXACTLY ^ What Star said!

Posted by BlueLies on 07-29-05 at 00:54 AM
I thought the ending was hysterical!

http://news.yahoo.com/comics/

Posted by RavenChant on 07-29-05 at 02:23 PM
I liked the ending,especially the Carson and Mike one,it was obvious they were so into each other.And I just feel like hugging that poor Josh,hate seeing a man cry,makes me upset.And he can find me some coral anyday,he has a really nice webpage.I wish they had one of those after the show type things where they all come back for a reunion and they say what's going on with everyone.