URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID58
Thread Number: 625
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Average Joe"

Posted by FROSTIE on 07-27-05 at 11:26 PM
I am so glad Anna chose Nathan. If she didn't I decided I was never going to watch the show again. Anna shows she has class and wisdom by choosing the right man in my opinion. I'm sure they will be very happy. Congratulations Nathan and Anna!!!!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Average Joe"
Posted by DonnaLynn on 07-28-05 at 09:29 AM
I don't know about anyone else on here, but I was left with a very very bad taste in my mouth after the finale last night...

Come on! The producers must have told her that she HAD to pick a Joe this time because I personally didn't see one bit of chemistry between her and Nathan and I am sorry, but after eliminating him then picking him to be the last one standing was like WHAT?!?!?

If I would have heard about Rocky's cheating I would have been upset too, but there is NO way Anna is looking long term here. I thought this was supposed to be "Reality TV". This was not even close to reality.

Like the rest of the world, I, too, wanted a Joe to win. However, the season with Brian was the only time that I really thought there was any chemistry between the beauty and the Joe. Maybe there weren't as many episodes this time or something, but I really couldn't see sparks with anyone except with Rocky and those were all lusty sparks...

Anna definately goes down in my book as the WORST BEAUTY ever!!!! And what was with Rocky crying like a baby in the jeep??? He must be getting his acting skills honed for the soaps!

--Donna :~)

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 07-28-05 at 09:45 AM
That is too bad you decided to take the cynical approach. In my opinion this makes Anna the best girl on the Joe series not the worst.

I think many things played into it. I think she started to read Rocky and probably thought she has dated enough Rocky's and that she wanted to give Nathan a chance. Like many of the past beauties they have always had a hard time saying by to the Joes, whether they picked then in the past is a different story.

I just thought, Anna felt she was young enough and if things don't work out with Nathan their are enough Hunks in the world to replace Rocky. She probably felt that Rocky was a player. Nathan on the other hand was sweet and did not place her on the pedestal like the others did. He liked her A LOT, maybe even loved her but he did not give her the impression that he was ready to get married.

I know it seems 'fixed', because of the way they edited the show. I mean we saw the dates with her and Rocky.

I still don't understand why she eliminated Nathan and brought him back than ended up in the end determined that Nathan was the one for her. I am sure Nathan and Anna will discuss this. but if were Nathan I would really careless. She picked him in the end.

Best of luck to Nathan.

Posted by mommy2bree on 07-28-05 at 12:42 PM
I have to admit that I'm cynical too...cynical enough to think that the producers saw this as being their last season (most likely) and the need for an Average Joe to be the one to get the girl at last.

I'd like to believe that Anna really did want to see what would develop, but honestly, I'm not feelin' it. But I guess as long as she and Nathan ARE feeling it, it doesn't matter what we think.

Posted by mmm_link on 07-28-05 at 01:04 PM
I'm not as positive about the long term relationship either. I think Anna knew that Larissa and Marissa looked pretty bad when they decided to go for hunk over Joe and knew that she would be looked more favorably if she decided to pick a Joe. Average Joe 1 and 2 were filmed right after each other so the other two didn't figure the producers would make them look as shallow as they were. Certainly all of the edited footage never gave me any idea that she would select Nathan at the end. Maybe Carson was right in that she is looking after her career...and hopefully not fall into some low level Burger King commercial that has already seen the likes of Ormarasa and Larissa.

I didn't really see Rocky cry. I saw his face in his hands and some edited sound of sniffling. I really thought he was acting at that point as well.

Posted by dinkgos on 07-28-05 at 01:12 PM
do you know the poem nathan qouted to anna?

Posted by kryp on 07-28-05 at 03:39 PM
Seems like Anna was a pushover for poetry. Pretty shrewd. I wonder how long Nate had been saving that one.