URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 625
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Brandon: The Biggest Wuss to Ever Enter TAR"

Posted by PhillyDon on 09-08-04 at 12:44 PM
Witness:

-His girlfriend has been groped in public not once, not twice, but three times since this started without a stir from him.

-He was willing to chuck a million bucks to keep his hair from being cut.

-He wouldn't do the sledge down the whitewater because he thought it might be "dangerous" so they wasted time slogging around in nice, safe, warm mud. He then remarks: "I think we made a big mistake!"

There was no "we" about it. Nicole, who has much bigger stones than he, wanted to whitewater and he overruled her. Her only mistake was hooking up with the likes of him.

"I'm PhillyDon and I approve this post."

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Brandon: The Biggest Wuss to Ever Enter TAR"
Posted by HistoryDetective on 09-08-04 at 12:48 PM
Did you also notice how he was backing away from the zorb before she told him that he had to get in it and roll down the hill. All the guys (and the gals too) at my house watching thought that looked like so much fun, but he tried to steer clear of it until Nicole put her foot down.

Posted by Urban_Kitten on 09-08-04 at 01:17 PM
Remember his fear of "crevices" in Egypt?

Posted by ElroyJetson on 09-08-04 at 03:29 PM
Here here! That "guy" is a joke. What was the exchange, at the Zorb I think, between them where Nicole dropped the line "but I want you to get me a million bucks."

I hope, after watching this show, Nicole dumps Brandon for Ted Nugent.

They both have curly hair ya know...

Posted by NoParole on 09-08-04 at 03:35 PM
Every girl needs a close girl friend... Brandon is Nichol's. (He'll probably get hit on by Chip and Riechan at the TAR after-party)

Posted by HistoryDetective on 09-08-04 at 07:44 PM
Chip and Reichen are both goodlooking enough that I imagine that guys hit on them; they don't need to waste any energy on Brandon. (Besides, he doesn't seem their type. They're both masculine alpha-males. Brandon, well, isn't...)

"Not exactly the model adventurer"
Posted by moonbaby on 09-08-04 at 04:18 PM
is he. Part of the appeal of watching TAR, and I would think of participating in TAR, is getting to see and do all these AMAZING things!

*sigh*

"RE: Not exactly the model adventurer"
Posted by HistoryDetective on 09-08-04 at 08:47 PM
I hear you, moonbaby. I said something similar when I was watching with my friends last night: "Sure, it would suck to lose the million dollars, but getting eliminated also means that you don't get to do any of the fun challenges either. That would be almost as disappointing."

Clearly Brandon does not appreciate the opportunities that the Lord has set before him.

Posted by Molaholic on 09-08-04 at 08:02 PM
What a contrast. Brandon shows the world he doesn't have a pair. Karen, obviously scared doo-doo less, does the sledge and proves hers are definately bowling balls.

A.S.S. PTB Red Points CONSOLATION winner
sigpic a GeorgiaBelle creation MMIV

Posted by Spider on 09-08-04 at 10:47 PM
And doesn't god hate cowards?

Brandon keeps on praying to god to help him but I do not think even God has the power to get brandon to grow a pair.

Posted by foonermints on 09-09-04 at 01:30 AM
The prescience of Mikey in the Pathetic Mirna Thread on 08/04:
"Is Brandon/Nicole actually a fourth all-woman team?"
If only Nicole had a Real Woman, and not GirlyBoy, she'd be 100% better off.

Posted by seahorse on 09-09-04 at 02:57 AM
I would have loved to do the sledge down the whitewater. It looked exciting.

©Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Posted by sisterwoman on 09-09-04 at 09:37 AM
Yeah, he is kind of a weenie! But I cannot STAND Nic!!! I think he definately gets the raw end of the deal AFTER they lose the game and still has her as a girlfriend! What do they see in each other?!?!

Posted by NoParole on 09-09-04 at 09:52 AM
hair!

Posted by sisterwoman on 09-10-04 at 10:02 AM
HAHAHA!!!!! Of course!!!

Posted by okaychatt on 09-11-04 at 11:37 PM
"What do they see in each other?!?! "

A fellow narcissist?

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

"Depends on your definition of a wuss.."
Posted by Meemo on 09-13-04 at 01:11 PM
because I (and the Oxford dictionary) think of a wuss as a cowardly person.

In my opinion, that describes Colin, who expresses his insecurities by treating his girlfriend like dirt, and insulting people in every culture he has encountered. That's a coward if I've ever seen one.

Maybe Brandon isn't an "extreme sports" kinda guy, but I don't think that qualifies him as a wuss.

Half man, half amazing, all DAW

"RE: Depends on your definition of a wuss.."
Posted by mikey on 09-13-04 at 02:43 PM
I must have had a different dictionary, 'cause I looked up "wuss" in my dictionary and saw Brandon's picture. (Or maybe the dictionary just happened to have a "point zero" ad in that spot).

(I don't like Colin either and would be rooting for Brandon/Nicole over C/C if it came down to those two, and I can think of a lot of non-printable words for Colin, but probably not "wuss."

"RE: Depends on your definition of a wuss.."
Posted by NoParole on 09-14-04 at 04:27 PM
Wuss, girly-boy, Brandon... all the same thing

Posted by HistoryDetective on 09-15-04 at 10:15 AM
Absolutely loved the way he squealed like a little girl as he was running to the Pit Stop in the Phillipines...

Posted by Urban_Kitten on 09-15-04 at 11:19 AM
Was it wrong for me to hope that his cable broke during the Roadblock last night?

Posted by Spider on 09-15-04 at 11:07 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-15-04 AT 11:07 PM (EST)

Biggest wimp of all time. Even Charla had more guts, smaller legs but more guts.

Nice comment on the beam " I have walked catwalks but nothing like that"

AAHHHHHHHHHHHHH, as a man he is a disgrace and he is not even gay. Not implying that he sould be or that they are non mascualine, but he acts so non male like it is scary.

Posted by Urban_Kitten on 09-16-04 at 02:13 PM

>Nice comment on the beam "
>I have walked catwalks but
>nothing like that"

All I can say to that is:
"And I'm too sexy for my hat
Too sexy for my hat what do you think about that
I'm a model you know what I mean
And I do my little turn on the catwalk
Yeah on the catwalk on the catwalk yeah
I shake my little touche on the catwalk
I'm too sexy for my too sexy for my too sexy for my
'Cos I'm a model you know what I mean
And I do my little turn on the catwalk
Yeah on the catwalk on the catwalk yeah
I shake my little touche on the catwalk"

Posted by HistoryDetective on 09-16-04 at 04:43 PM
"as a man he is a disgrace and he is not even gay. Not implying that he sould be or that they are non mascualine,"

Then why even make the reference to gay people...?

Posted by Spider on 09-16-04 at 10:18 PM
Because he is straight but acts so effeminate.

I was speaking about a contestant. Don't make this personal.

Posted by veritas on 09-21-04 at 11:14 AM
Brandon has moved me to prayer...

Please lord don't allow this total disgrace of a man and a Christian to win squat. Also, have his hot girlfriend leave him, stop whining, become a slut and take up with ...say a guy from Connecticut with a white Jeep Wrangler for example.....thank you Lord...amen...

See Brandon was not that bad of a guy after all. Come to papa mamacita.

Bill from CT
1995 Jeep Wrangler
Beat up mountain bike
30 pack of Red Dog
Life is good

"*snort*"
Posted by Coconut on 09-21-04 at 02:09 PM
That's pretty funny. Although are you sure only sluts will take up with you?

Brandon is such a wet noodle. My mantra: never date a man that uses more hair products than you do.

"RE: *snort*"
Posted by veritas on 09-21-04 at 02:22 PM
Why no....no I don't...and where will you be watching TAR finale tonight??? How will I recognize you? Will you be the only girl in the bar with a backback, flashlight headband and covered in mud??

Peace

Bill from CT
1995 Jeep Wrangler
Beat up mountain bike
30 pack of Red Dog
Life is good

"RE: *snort*"
Posted by Coconut on 09-21-04 at 02:36 PM
I love those headlamps. They're so fetching.

My TAR-watching is strictly confined to the living room, where I will be stunningly attired in sweatpants and tank top, accessorized with cat hair and baby spit-up.

There might be some mud somewhere.

Posted by Loree on 09-21-04 at 11:24 AM
I am still laughing when Brandon didn't dare go and drink the shot of vodka in Russia. Nicole wanted to, but not Brandon.

Posted by Singsing on 09-21-04 at 11:54 AM
There is always something funny about CURLY-blonde guys, Blue Lagoon anyone?

Ha! Being a (phony) bible-thumper doesn't help either!

But hey, at least he got on TV and more good-looking than me.

Gotta give him credit!

Posted by tokenbro2 on 09-21-04 at 09:55 PM
His girl getting felt up yeah if he would have jumped bad it would have been a publicity nightmare. He would have gotten his tail beat, can you imagine all the anti american sentaments and and this guy trys to get bad. HA
Hey he's a wuss but SMART WUSS

"Going out on a limb here..."
Posted by zombiebaby on 09-21-04 at 01:44 PM
but I like Brandon. Sure they make mistakes and choose the wrong challenges. But Brandon is honest about his fears. He did end up doing the crevice, rope ladder and zorb.

I have to agree with Meemo and say Colin is the "real wuss".

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Although big thumbs down on the not cutting his hair!

"RE: Going out on a limb here..."
Posted by yourstruly on 09-22-04 at 00:43 AM
I have to agree. Brandon will freely admit that he is not a extreme sports kind of guy. I know males of both types. I would call them a wuss only if they did not stand up for themselves, their beliefs, and those they care about. Now Brandon might not have wanted to risk his looks. So what I have a friend who is a denist. He is a very manly man. However he will not do anything that could damage his hands. He simply says a real man make sure he keeps himself together for those who depend on him. He has a wife and kids much more important to him than proving he is not a afraid.
Now Brandon freely stated his beliefs and treated Nicole honorably when she was acting like an idiot. A man in my opinion. Colin was strong and willing to do everything that came his way. However he treated everyone around him including the one he confesses to love horribly. Besides I could never see him not doing whatever he wanted to do for the benefit of those he loves.

That being said I am glad my man likes to take a few risks and tackles everything with enthusiasm. I am also glad that when our son came along he stopped doing backcountry downhill skiing and cooled down his car racing. That in my opinion is a man.

Posted by AugustGirl on 09-22-04 at 08:02 AM
I like Brandon too. He showed great patience with Nicole during all of her meltdowns. He never once screamed at her, told her he hated her, or acted like a jerk. In other words, he never acted like Colin. He may not be overtly manly, but he was very supportive to Nicole during the entire race, and he got them to third place.

Not too shabby.

a J Slice original. isn't she something?

Posted by okaychatt on 09-22-04 at 10:06 AM
I haven't been one of Brandon's biggest fans, but I was impressed with his patience with Nicole during the second attempt at biking down the slalom. It was an unnecessarily hysterical moment, I thought.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Posted by Goober on 09-22-04 at 01:17 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-22-04 AT 11:50 PM (EST)

I know this is Bashers. I've ragged on Chris Atkins for being Nicole's bit**h many atime but do not deny him his his faith.
His decision not to go ahead with many of the detour options were not predicated solely on his fears, but also with what would be best for Nicole. She has proven to be such a drama queen there is little possibity she could have completed those tasks anyhoo. It would have been a no brainer to slice those curley fries in India in the face of elimination but he chose not to, I suspect, due to his religious proclivities to protect his weaker half, as the "man" in the relationship. As with the time he stuck to his alcohol temperance, and picked up the money that Nicole had flung on the ground, Brandon displays the christian conscience wanting in Nicole.
If Blue Lagoon : Paradise
Brandon : Adam
Nicole: Eve : Start of man's woes

Since I'm at it, interesting to note how the dames tend to harbour grudges more intensely than the dudes. Colin was agreeable enough for Chip's hug whereas Christie just seethed.
Same with Brandon when Chip duped them about the clue. Brandon seemed to move on while Nicole just wanted Chip and Kim gone.

Posted by Spider on 09-23-04 at 02:31 AM
Does anyone else think he looks like sideshow Bob from the Simpsons with that hair?

Posted by zombiebaby on 09-23-04 at 05:29 PM

No that would be that guy Justin from the first season of American Idol.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Don't Google "hairy toes"!!