URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 624
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"feeling anxiety over Chris"

Posted by mickeyvon on 05-10-06 at 02:50 PM
Anybody else feel anxious about tonight that Chris is going home? I like all the finalists but truly feel Chris' voice is far and away the best, and that he is the most deserving. I have this gut feeling he's going home tonight (DialIdol aside). I know it's the majority rules, but I feel if he leaves, the wrong person will win. And that makes me feel anxious and unsettled.

I don't like that feeling you get when the reality contestant you are rooting for is about to lose, and I have it now. Any suggestions?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: feeling anxiety over Chris"
Posted by Magnolia_Rocker on 05-10-06 at 03:02 PM
First off, take deep breaths and say to yourself, "It's just a TV show". Really, all these guys are going to get contracts once this show is over. Even if Chris does go home tonight you can bet your bottom dollar that you'll see him again very, very soon. He got a lot of exposure and that's exactly what he needed to jump start his career. So don't fret!

Siggy thanks to Syren!

Posted by Glow on 05-10-06 at 03:11 PM
Okay. *sigh* Think of it this way, if he goes home tonight, he will have soooo much more control over his album.

My heart totally sank when Bucky went home. I knew it was coming but thought for sure he'd at least outlast Ace. He didn't. I got sad. Seriously. When they said his name, I felt pain in my chest/stomach (I'm pathetic, I know, whatever, but I LOVE him). I got bitter. I became a conspiracy theorist. But you know what? He's going to be great. He'll do great.

And this is what I tell myself about Chris. Hey, before this (well, since last season anyway), I never wanted my favorite to win. I was jumping for joy when Bo came in second. I felt the same way about Chris in the beginning. Then the more I thought about it and the further he got, I realized if he didn't want to win, he wouldn't have entered. Who am I to make up his mind? So I vote and I get busy signals and I continue to vote. There's nothing else we can do. People vote for who they vote for. People vote for different people for different reasons. bah.

The top four will do fine. Hell, most of the top 9 will do fine.

an arkie work of art

Posted by nailbone on 05-10-06 at 03:35 PM
I'm more worried about Kat, and that's just cuz I'll lose my sweet beautiful eye candy.

Any of the four winning is OK with me, and all will do fine, and be heard from again and again. Heck, George Huff has an album out right now.

Sig by Slice

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

Posted by CattyChat on 05-10-06 at 04:02 PM
The only reason I have anxiety is it will be a bummer not to get to see Chris perform another week or make the finals, BUT I think he will have a deal the moment he walks off the stage if he goes tonight -- and I've said it many times before, out of all of them, he is the one I worry about the most if he DOES win, because I think he'll be forced to compromise a lot on his first album with the AI people with their claws in him. Chris has his ticket written!

I was thinking like you, Nailbone, in being more worried about Kat's future without winning or F2 -- but she has gotten great praise from the likes of Barry Manilow, Andrea Bocelli & the other guy and Tommy Matola couldn't stop singing Kat's praises -- they're the experts & they know Kat is something special. She's definitely going places no matter what happens tonight.

I voted mostly for Taylor last night & threw some Kat's way -- though now I wish I threw votes Chris's way, but I thought he'd sail through and it would be between Kat & Elliott as the bottom. It's tough, because I love Taylor, Chris & Kat so I don't care which one wins & I'm buying what all 3 are selling.

Sorry, Elliott fans, but he just doesn't do anything for me. Nice guy, but meh.

Kind Creation of ARNutz