URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID48
Thread Number: 621
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"i am addicted to paradise hotel all over again"

Posted by luvtv on 02-20-06 at 11:54 PM
i watched paradise hotel ALL day saturday and ALL day sunday. I forgot just how good that show was. to hear the stars discuss the game was the ultimate. i really wish they would bring the show back.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: i am addicted to paradise hotel all over again"
Posted by slayeridaho on 02-23-06 at 10:05 AM
I agree the show was great! I don't think they could ever find such loud mouth people like last time. They could try maybe they could even find better ones. Toni needs to work for the WWE she would fit in.

"Love sick Dave and Charla"
Posted by LHH on 02-26-06 at 01:22 PM
This was fascinating to watch on the marathon fox reality weekend recently. Charla played Dave like a violin.

His misplaced affection for Charla was his undoing more than any strategic moves he made. Everyone on the show, including his fellow barbies, had warned him that Charla was using him but love is blind (and in Dave's case deaf dumb and delusional)

It was very sad to see Charla ultimately cash in, sad in that Dave had been so devoted to her for so long, even when she held him in so little regard. It didn't take a rocket scientist to anticipate money whore Charla's "painful decision" to chunk her cherished friendship with Dave("my best friend") for the extra 125 grand. I do believe the notarity and exposure of such incredible selfishness is its own curse. Like Richard Hatch from Survivor, now in prison, celebrity and money for behavior that the public finds offensive isn't a good long term strategy. Let's hope the next Andon in her life, who duped her during the show, leaves her feeling used and victimized as well.

"RE: Love sick Dave and Charla"
Posted by Hoobie on 02-27-06 at 01:17 PM
Great first post LHH - welcome to the boards.

Posted by RollDdice on 06-17-07 at 03:17 AM
I second that emotion. I couldn't agree more.

Posted by Jenoc99 on 03-02-06 at 10:56 AM
I was totally addicted to this show when it first aired and I have enjoyed watching it again with the interviews of the guests, too. I would love it if they did another Paradise Hotel!!
I have to say that I was very dissapointed that Charla didn't share the money with Dave, and I agree that the notarity and exposure of her selfishness is a curse upon Charla.. however, I do not hope that Charla eventually ends up feeling used and victimized "as well" because 1)Nobody deserves to feel that way, and 2) I don't believe thats how Dave truly feels! If you watch the interviews with him, he is honest and says that he was very nieve to think he could have a "girl like her" but he also makes a point to say that he is not bitter, hurt or angry. He comes out as the 'bigger person' which, in reality t.v., is the more important position.
I would have loved to have heard the producers ask Charla why in the world she listened to toni tell her not to share the money, etc., because it looked to us viewers as though Charla and Toni were enemies... why would Toni be giving advice to someone she hates? I think Charla probably would have kept the money whether Tonie advised her to or not.. however I want to think thats not true!!

Posted by ChadB on 06-23-06 at 05:11 AM
>This was fascinating to watch on
>the marathon fox reality weekend
>recently. Charla played Dave like
>a violin.
>
>His misplaced affection for Charla was
>his undoing more than any
>strategic moves he made. Everyone
>on the show, including his
>fellow barbies, had warned him
>that Charla was using him
>but love is blind (and
>in Dave's case deaf dumb
>and delusional)
>
>It was very sad to see
>Charla ultimately cash in, sad
>in that Dave had been
>so devoted to her for
>so long, even when she
>held him in so little
>regard. It didn't take a
>rocket scientist to anticipate money
>whore Charla's "painful decision" to
>chunk her cherished friendship with
>Dave("my best friend") for the
>extra 125 grand. I do
>believe the notarity and exposure
>of such incredible selfishness is
>its own curse. Like Richard
>Hatch from Survivor, now in
>prison, celebrity and money for
>behavior that the public finds
>offensive isn't a good long
>term strategy. Let's hope the
>next Andon in her life,
>who duped her during the
>show, leaves her feeling used
>and victimized as well.

" Charla played Dave like
>a violin."

I just can't understand this. Could you elucidate some of your opinions? I for one would like you to expound on your opinion that "charla played dave like a violin". I just didn't see that. What I saw was dave play himself with charla constantly trying to throw a monkeywrench in there.

If you're trying to "play" somebody; wouldn't you hang bait? Charla never hung bait (feel free to show different), quite the contrary she was constantly making clear she was NOT interested.

Please remember when she stated BEFORE EVERYBODY that she didn't like him to touch her. Perhaps you should recall when Dave had been conversing around the table with (some of the guys) and he'd made a comment that was construed by some of the other guys as that Dave and Charla MAY have slept together (maybe it was something even less intimate, but Charla was livid when she found out) ??? Remember that? Remember what Charla did? She demanded, and FORCED him to make a public confession that wasn't true. Charla never once, that I saw, slept with Dave. They slept in separate beds. Charla even left him once to sleep with Keith and Tara. i really need somebody to SHOW me where Charla was "playing" Dave.

Somebody PLEASE show me a SINGLE scene where Charla led Dave on.

From what I saw Charla and Dave were NEVER more than two SEPERATE contestants trying to win a game with a VERBAL alliance and NOTHING MORE. As i saw it THAT alliance was strained. Dave constantly questioned her loyalty to him though she never once gave him a reason to. THAT'S TIRING.

*sidebar* when somebody is constantly questioning your loyalty, honesty, or whatever else when you know for a fact you've NEVER given them a reason to, how does that make YOU feel?

Last but not least; where did Charla lead him on? Literally. They were playing a game. She made it clear FROM THE GIT GO she had no feelings for him beyond (well you describe her feelings for him and why you think he SHOULD have felt they were stronger than they were). Charla won, Dave lost. That's A FACT.

Keith had very obvious reasons to share his half with Tara. They were hot for each other. They moved in with each other after the show. That's a PRETTY compelling reason. I can see myself sharing in that situation. I remember being young and in love/lust. Keith didn't share because of "honor", and any honest man here knows it. He shared for love/lust. (she'd have gotten half anyway in the at least 6 months they lived together)

Charla was under NO such obligation.

Posted by dbrundle on 09-13-07 at 01:27 AM
I totally agree.....we were peeled to the TV and Tivo'd all of it!!! Fox NEEDS to bring it back, it was the best.

Posted by agman on 11-12-07 at 01:58 PM
I hear they are bringing it back. I have no other details yet!