URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID9
Thread Number: 617
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"I know I only lived in Oklahoma for 3 miserable months but....."

Posted by shakes the clown on 09-14-04 at 10:36 PM
...will someone please enlighten me on how exactly a dude ranch helps children????

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: I know I only lived in Oklahoma for 3 miserable months but....."
Posted by arkiegrl on 09-14-04 at 11:40 PM
So he can lern them young uns to be just like him!

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Posted by foonermints on 09-15-04 at 00:50 AM
But cows have been cloning cowpies just about forever, without the need of a dude ranch. Eliminate the middleman!

Posted by strid333 on 09-15-04 at 01:38 AM
Kids like horses. Horses like kicking kids. Oh wait . . .

Nevermind.

Posted by reversehalo on 09-15-04 at 08:52 AM
On a serious note-my son has low muscle tone and gross motor problems and horse back riding has been offered to him as one type of physical therapy. I don't know what exactly CB has in mind but I have heard of ranches that help troubled youth.

Posted by AMAI on 09-15-04 at 01:44 PM
But would you want your child at a dude ranch run by Cowputz?

I'm used to herding sheep - I'm a natural for this show!

Posted by rhea on 09-15-04 at 10:15 PM
Thank you.......I am so tired of people making fun of CB. Who are we to judge him.......Ok he is different than you are so what.......he has a good heart and that is what matters in life.

"actually..."
Posted by shakes the clown on 09-16-04 at 00:55 AM
he
>has a good heart and
>that is what matters in
>life.

...good teeth are what REALLY matters most when it comes right down to it.

"RE: actually..."
Posted by arkiegrl on 09-16-04 at 08:00 AM
so true...

"RE: actually..."
Posted by mamarizzo on 09-16-04 at 10:20 PM
Shakes,

Teeth can be fixed with a little (or a lot of) money.

Unless you are the Tinman in Oz, a "good heart" is something you either have or not. And in this world there are no wizards to hand out a good heart.

I'd take CB's good heart over Dr's fancy boy looks any day.....

"that's great cause....."
Posted by shakes the clown on 09-16-04 at 11:55 PM
>Shakes,
>
>Teeth can be fixed with a
>little (or a lot of)
>money.
>
>Unless you are the Tinman in
>Oz, a "good heart" is
>something you either have or
>not. And in this world
>there are no wizards to
>hand out a good heart.
>
>
>I'd take CB's good heart over
>Dr's fancy boy looks any
>day.....

..I'd take CB's good heart, my good teeth and Drew's good looks over that sorry excuse for a brain you probably claim resides in between your ears.

..and let's not even talk about your astute powers of perception.

BIGGEST. YOU. KNOW. WHAT. EVER.

"RE: that's great cause....."
Posted by mamarizzo on 09-17-04 at 01:32 AM
Well, Shakes!

I always did claim to be the resident Cassandra but Troy is a long way away...

I'm not given to nasty responses (I try to be kind)

However, my brother is given to nasty responses, and he would say if you have to get that many parts from that many people you must be in sad shape. No wonder your clown head spins....

But, as I said, I'm not my brother...

Posted by mrc on 09-17-04 at 08:04 AM
"my brother is given to nasty responses, and he would say if you have to get that many parts from that many people you must be in sad shape."

A pretty good response, if I do say so myself.

Posted by Glass on 09-20-04 at 09:51 PM
Moma! That was awesome! MAJOR BURN ON SHAKES!

Posted by FesterFan1 on 09-15-04 at 09:33 AM
With breakdance instruction and martial arts training. Duh.

Fester

Posted by bacon on 09-15-04 at 10:29 AM
I've got an even better question!: How doesn't it?

Posted by zazzy on 09-15-04 at 10:40 AM
In many ways: emotional, physical, mental--here is a link to a bunch of riding therapy sites:

http://www.ability.org.uk/pets_handicapped_and_therapeutic.html

"Hey Zazzy...."
Posted by shakes the clown on 09-15-04 at 01:04 PM
>In many ways: emotional, physical,
>mental--here is a link to
>a bunch of riding therapy
>sites:
>
>http://www.ability.org.uk/pets_handicapped_and_therapeutic.html

...shut up.

Geez, there's always one isn't there?

"RE: Hey Zazzy...."
Posted by foonermints on 09-15-04 at 02:09 PM
Citizen Shakes?

Posted by ginger on 09-15-04 at 03:25 PM
I'm just trying to get past the notion of Shakes in Oklahoma. Where the deer and the buffalo, but seldom we Chosen Ones, roam.

The order of Banana delivery should be organized by location to save on shipping costs.

Posted by zazzy on 09-15-04 at 03:34 PM
Shakes, you had another response in this thread that was a serious response but you chose to be rude to my response. Why?

Posted by shakes the clown on 09-15-04 at 04:33 PM
>Shakes, you had another response in
>this thread that was a
>serious response but you chose
>to be rude to my
>response. Why?

...choose from one of four reasons.

Either its cause the other serious response was related to the poster's own child and the new Shakes doesn't make fun of poster's handicapped kids...even if I really want to deep inside.

Or two, because you actually supplied a link.

Or three, just consider yourself a victim of a random act of rudeness.

Or four, didn't I tell you to shut up?

"Or five..."
Posted by AyaK on 09-15-04 at 04:40 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-15-04 AT 04:41 PM (EST)

...because shakes didn't really WANT an answer to his question; he wanted people to bash Cowboy and Oklahoma instead.

And he probably didn't want me to post this, either.

By the way, shakes, I lived in Tulsa for four months before I was transferred by my employer back to the cultural center of the universe, Columbus, Ohio.

"geez Ayak....."
Posted by shakes the clown on 09-15-04 at 04:48 PM
>...because shakes didn't really WANT an
>answer to his question; he
>wanted people to bash Cowboy
>and Oklahoma instead.
>
>And he probably didn't want me to post this, either.

...will you just ban me already and get it over with? You're like the annoying guy in the audience who ruins magic tricks and shouts out the punch lines halfway through the joke.

>
>By the way, shakes, I lived
>in Tulsa for four months
>before I was transferred by
>my employer back to the
>cultural center of the universe,
>Columbus, Ohio.

...for THAT, you went to Harvard? Good thing you didn't go to Yale or else you might've only made it as far as Edmond OK and Lima OH.

"RE: Or five..."
Posted by JohnDoeDid on 09-15-04 at 06:21 PM
>...because shakes didn't really WANT an
>answer to his question; he
>wanted people to bash Cowboy
>and Oklahoma instead.

Newsflash: this IS the bashers forum.

And I repeat: from the top of this website:

As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."

Ayak, you should be ashamed of yourself.

"Hey Johndoedid..."
Posted by shakes the clown on 09-16-04 at 00:59 AM
>Ayak, you should be ashamed of
>yourself.

...I totally agree with everything you said. This Ayak jerk has been nothing but an insensitive bully since the moment he showed up here. Its about time someone had the guts to stand up to him and call him out.

And since your a newbie I'll help you out a little bit and give you a tip. See that "alert" button at the bottom of the screen...just press that on Ayak's post and the moderator's will be notified of Mr. This IS a basher's forum Ayak and his bullying ways. Hopefully, they will finally have the guts to stand up to him like you did and ban him from posting here ever again!

"RE: Hey Johndoedid..."
Posted by Glass on 09-20-04 at 09:55 PM
LMAO Shakes!

Posted by JohnDoeDid on 09-15-04 at 06:17 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-15-04 AT 06:18 PM (EST)

"...shut up.

Geez, there's always one isn't there?"

From the front page of the forum:

"As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."

"John Doe"
Posted by Drive My Car on 09-15-04 at 07:21 PM
You have 3 posts on these forums, and so far all I have seen you post is comments about the quote at the top of the forum.

Have you read the guidelines to this site?
If you have an issue with the way this site is run, you should address your comments and concerns with the Moderators.

For a brand new member of these forums, you sure seem to have issues with the rules.

"RE: John Doe"
Posted by foonermints on 09-15-04 at 08:58 PM
Shakes catchum fish at dude ranch.

"hey foonermints..."
Posted by shakes the clown on 09-16-04 at 01:00 AM
>Shakes catchum fish at dude ranch.

...if I'm reading you the way I think I'm reading you then you are officially my new favorite poster. You either really get it or really hate me...either way, I love it!

"RE: hey foonermints..."
Posted by ginger on 09-16-04 at 04:27 PM
You know, some of us really get it AND hate you.

Not me, of course. But some of us.

"RE: hey foonermints..."
Posted by foonermints on 09-16-04 at 05:04 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-16-04 AT 06:24 PM (EST)

Got caught up in RTW dude ranch thanks to you. One quality post out of 200.
after you land the fish, pyewacket

"Hey JohnDoeDid"
Posted by Bebo on 09-16-04 at 07:00 AM
Here's some more reading for you, from the community guidelines:

XIII. RESPECT THE MODERATORS, THEIR ROLE, AND THEIR DECISIONS

Please remember that moderators are people too -- people who generously volunteer THEIR TIME to manage a community FOR YOUR USE. They also have personal lives and feelings. While they are very generous in volunteering their time, do not presume that a moderator will always be immediately available to respond to your issue. Do not take a lack of response or action on their part as grounds to take you own "vigilante moderation" action. "Vigilante moderation" will not be tolerated and will possibly result in the termination of your RealityTVWorld.com membership. While disagreeing with the actions or decision of the moderator team is permitted, respecting their decision is required and repeated open questioning or badgering of their decision is not permitted.

Note that I'm not telling you to shut up, just to take your comments to a more appropriate venue - private message or email. This is a forum to discuss Big Brother.

"RE: Hey JohnDoeDid"
Posted by HistoryDetective on 09-16-04 at 09:33 AM
Do you suppose there would be a "Cowputz clause" in any insurance policy that he would have to purchase when he started operating his dude ranch for disadvantaged children? I mean, if I were running the insurance company I would make sure that his premiums were much higher than the average dude rancher because I know I would have to being paying out on it...

I've always had the impression that if I placed an offensive message that blatantly criticized white people as a race or expressed hetero-phobic sentiments or bashed all men simply for the biological fact that they are men, that the moderators would warn me to change my post and consider banning me just as quickly as they do when other members post blanket criticisms of others based on race, sex, or sexual orientation. Same goes if I were to be mouthy with them and not treat them with the respect they deserve for everything that they volunteer in making these forums a place to have civil debates with other users.

"Dood!"
Posted by Breezy on 09-15-04 at 04:50 PM
Dude, so they can learn to talk dudese. Dude!

IceCat is da man! GO PACK GO!!!!

Posted by foonermints on 09-15-04 at 06:40 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-15-04 AT 08:59 PM (EST)

Nevermind.

Posted by true on 09-16-04 at 11:37 PM
This thread is hysterical. Thank you.

Posted by motormouth on 09-17-04 at 02:55 AM
This thread is hysterical. Ya know, when I first came here, I thought Shakes was unequivocally the most offensive poster here. Now that I've been here longer I know he is unequivocally the most offensive poster here. And that is why it bothers me when I laugh at his posts. (I need help)

*Courtesy of IceCat*

Posted by ongelis on 09-17-04 at 06:11 AM
I'm confused ...

Did some reading in the archives and got a little history on Shakes. Was trying to figure out why people were referring to him as "the reformed." Enjoyed the archives, but didn't really get enough info to really know what's going on or exactly why others refer to him as "the reformed ... "

Didn't Shakes (reformed or not) try to help JohnDoeDid (the 3 post newbie who was quoting Forum Rules / regarding the "Shut Up" which was actually said by Shakes to Zazzy) by advising said newbie of the "Alert Button" in regards to Ayak's post, who Shakes (reformed or not) said the following about:

"and the moderator's will be notified of Mr. This IS a basher's forum Ayak and his bullying ways. Hopefully, they will finally have the guts to stand up to him like you did and ban him from posting here ever again!"

But JohnDoeDid didn't stand up to Ayak ... as it was he who actually said that "this IS the bashers forum."

And Ayak only said in his post that Shakes didn't really want the question answered, that he actually wanted others to bash CB and Oklahoma (which would be the purpose of the forum), and that Columbus, Ohio was the cultural center of the universe.

So, Shakes is helping JohnDoeDid (3 post newbie) report Ayak (who didn't make the post that offended Shakes, but made another post that Shakes took issue with) ... but isn't Ayak one of the three moderators that are listed for this forum (Basher's), as well as the other two (Fanatics and Live Feed's & Spoilers)?

So why would a member report a moderator to the other moderators, one of which (Bebo) joined into this conversation by quoting more Forum Rules in his post (all of which I am in complete agreement with as they are all quite good, well thought out and serve well in keeping all Conferences focused on given shows), by advising the newbie, who was ill-advised (?) by Shakes (reformed or not) to use the "Alert Button" to get the moderators attention in regards to the post made by Ayak (who lives in the cultural center of the universe and just happens to be one of the moderators)?

This is actually more entertaining (although super confusing) than the actual Big Brother season.

All I know for certain is this:

- I have never been to Oklahoma, but have been to Ohio
- I'm not sure that Ohio is the cultural center of the universe
- The remaining 3 HG's are a huge disappointment for various reasons
- I don't really care who wins and fortunately Survivor has started, so it doesn't matter
- If my life depended on it and I had to make a choice in order to stay alive, I would probably choose CB, leaving all Pros and Cons aside, simply because he loves his family and seems to have a tender heart (exhibited by his excessive and unabashed crying habit). Although CB probably will not win, so the love and tears really don't matter in regards to the game ... but both are wonderful attributes for a man to have
- Really don't care for Drew and Diane, as both stretch "the truth" until it's at the breaking point.

I skipped reading the posts for a day (won't be doing that again) and look what happened.

Other than the above, I'm really confused and sort of afraid ... and with that being said, I apologize profusely for reading this topic and then getting side tracked ... but hopefully I brought it back around to the original discussion, which was something about living in Oklahoma for 3 months and questioniong how a dude ranch is able to help children?

How could one question that, if one only lives there for 3 months ... unless one was actually living / working on the children's dude ranch? That's what my enquiring mind would like to know.

Nevermind ... My brain hurts now.

Posted by mrc on 09-17-04 at 08:07 AM
"My brain hurts now."

Is this post about that Paris Hilton video lawsuit?

"RE: mrc - Is this post about that Paris Hilton video lawsuit?"
Posted by ongelis on 09-18-04 at 07:51 AM
lol ... don't even get me started on that or anything connected to "The Simple Life" =)

Posted by foonermints on 09-17-04 at 09:15 AM
Is the fun being sucked out?

jeepers

"RE: foonermints - Is the fun being sucked out?"
Posted by ongelis on 09-18-04 at 07:53 AM
Oh boy ... you don't even know the half of it ...

Posted by foonermints on 09-18-04 at 12:11 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-20-04 AT 09:30 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 09-18-04 AT 12:34 PM (EST)

Do you? I still haven't figured out if being the 'favorite new poster' is like winning the Cannibal lottery.

definitly so sucked out

Posted by ongelis on 09-19-04 at 05:59 AM
ha! Do I? Hmmm. I doubt it. I know what I know, and what I know probably isn't really what it is, so who could really know for sure. Think it's probably best to reserve judgement until a later point in time, on the Cannibal Lottery (be careful), but congrats none the less, on that achievement. =)

"Check your inbox"
Posted by Bebo on 09-17-04 at 09:59 AM
You should see a little red flag stating that you have a new message in your inbox.

Join my paramilitary org - call 1-800-FIGHT4BEBO.

"RE: Check your inbox"
Posted by ongelis on 09-18-04 at 07:57 AM
Thanks Bebo! You are now my favorite mod (just don't tell the others). =)

**ongelis peers dubiously at Shakes**

Shakes, don't know whether to be in awe of you ... or if I should turn and run screaming hysterically into the woods (maybe it's that spinning clown head). Have always enjoyed sardonic humor (as long as no one is hurt in the process). From what I could gather, you're quite good at the spoilers. Looking forward to seeing your posts hopefully in the Survivor forum.

"RE: Check your inbox"
Posted by Glass on 09-20-04 at 10:02 PM
Agree Ongelis... Shakes is hilarious and sardonic, and though I haven't gotten to see many many of his posts, my impression is that he sometimes lacks judgement for my taste.