URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 6153
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"CBS eyeMAIL"

Posted by jenjk on 11-21-05 at 03:02 PM

6 out of 7 castaways pictured.
No Lydia lying down looking up at the sky.
Maybe they're looking at the howler monkeys.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: CBS eyeMAIL"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 11-21-05 at 03:39 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-05 AT 03:45 PM (EST)

Weird pic. They're all wearing their buffs, and buffs are on heads regardless of where the players usually wear them, probably as a buffer between head and ground? Wonder if this is part of a challenge? Doesn't seem to fit with what we're expecting.

ETA Rafe isn't wearing his red shirt, as he is in both challenges so this is some other time ...
Interesting order they are lying in:

Judd Steph Danni Gary Cindy Rafe

Posted by Brownroach on 11-21-05 at 04:33 PM
They probably spend hours of downtime in camp this way. Not stuff we usually get to see; too boring. Makes sense that they are just wearing their buffs as head protectors.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 11-21-05 at 03:52 PM
It's a pretty tight shot, so I think Lydia could be lying next to Rafe and just didn't make it into the framing.

Posted by willinCal on 11-21-05 at 03:59 PM
Or maybe she's sitting out a challenge.

Posted by Willa on 11-21-05 at 05:02 PM
They look too relaxed to be in a challenge. Judd looks like he might even be asleep.

Posted by Flowerpower on 11-21-05 at 05:00 PM
Yes, I think this is an old pic as I think that's Brandon's hat up in the right hand corner of the frame...

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 11-21-05 at 05:24 PM
Yay for Flowerpower's eagle eyes. OK, it's recycled.
Odd choice for Eyemail, I can only think it goes with the Thanksgiving theme that they pick a shot of downtime for the Survivors. Looks like what people wish they could do after a big Thanksgiving dinner if manners allowed.

If there was a big screen TV in the sky showing football.

Posted by Brownroach on 11-21-05 at 05:26 PM
I thought so too. No one currently there has a hat like that.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-21-05 at 07:21 PM
Any chance that Brandon might have left his hat behind when he got voted out? Survivors in the past have been known to leave things behind.

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

Posted by JazzyJax on 11-21-05 at 07:22 PM
Buffs still look pretty sharp as well

"Ep 8, CBS.com Photo Gallery"
Posted by Flowerpower on 11-22-05 at 07:48 AM
Yep, this was from episode 8, Brandon's boot episode. Look what I found at the CBS.com photo gallery, ep 8, #3 of 62:

"RE: Ep 8, CBS.com Photo Gallery"
Posted by architecturegirl on 11-22-05 at 08:16 AM
Also - Danni still has the scrape on her face from the ball challenge where they all got banged up. That has healed by now I believe...

"Photo Gallery"
Posted by michel on 11-22-05 at 01:18 PM
FP, you had me going through the photo galleries and I may have found something. In episode 9 Jeff said the survivors had only one chance at the reward. How come we see Cindy (who finished second) have 2 throws? Picture 23 and 26 are of her and clearly the survivors in the background have moved and it isn't due to camera angle.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor11/pgall.php?id=22&ep=09

and:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor11/pgall.php?id=25&ep=09

(I'm hopeless when it comes to links but those are the address of the pictures in question).
Could CBS be fixing the challenges? Maybe they simply needed extra pictures but it doesn't look good. Remember the supposed controversy during the challenge that led to BJ's elimination? We never had proof but if they do things like this, it adds fuel to the rumors.

"RE: Photo Gallery"
Posted by Owlster on 11-22-05 at 02:38 PM
I suspect everyone got a practice trial before the actual competition began. One of the photos was of the practice session.

Posted by michel on 11-22-05 at 03:10 PM
Jeff's instruction were clear. He says they only have one shot, no practice.

Posted by Brownroach on 11-22-05 at 03:34 PM
I don't remember him saying "no practice", did he actually say that?

I believe we have heard in the past that for some challenges they do have mini-practice rounds before the actual challenge occurs. (Sometimes they are given equipment to practice at camp.) This could have been one of them; after all, they had to be shown how to use the weapon.

Posted by Flowerpower on 11-22-05 at 03:14 PM
WOW michel! Great catch! You are absolutely right, Cindy is clearly throwing more than once....as for what it means??? Sure makes you wonder though...especially after all the controversy with BJ and Steph in the firestarting challenge...

Posted by laniking on 11-22-05 at 04:10 PM
I must have slept through the controversy. What's this about BJ's elimination at the firing starting challenge?

-lani (who would have a higher DAW rating except she can never remember her freaking passwords)

Posted by Brownroach on 11-22-05 at 04:57 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-22-05 AT 05:11 PM (EST)

On CBS' website after the episode where BJ got eliminated because of the fire-starting challenge, there was at least one cap of BJ and Steph sitting in front of their firepits that clearly did not seem to be from the event that was shown on TV.

I can't remember exactly what the discrepancy was, i.e. if BJ actually had a fire going. But it sparked some buzz that perhaps they had done the challenge more than just once.

Edited to add link to the cap. If I remember correctly, on the show, BJ got up and went to get his torch as soon as Jeff announced that Stephenie had won. Here, both Stephenie and BJ have fires going in front of them, and neither one looks like they are about to get up.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor10/sv10_photo_gal.php?id=29&ep=08

"shooting order"
Posted by laniking on 11-22-05 at 04:22 PM
was Cindy the first to shoot here? Cause in neither of the photos does it appear that anyone is standing in any kind of line that resembled the order as they were establishing themselves.

-lani (desparate to get her DAW's up there)