URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 6107
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Ep. 7 - "Across the Board Picks""

Posted by Scarlett O Hara on 10-27-05 at 09:04 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-27-05 AT 04:29 PM (EST)

...and the Bootee is ...

Survivor Blows:
Bootees: Amy

Survivor Thoughts from Iowa:
Bootees: Amy
RC: Yaxha
Immunity: Nakum

Survivor Sucks:
Bootee: Amy

MessHall:

Realiiity:

Survivor Fever:

Acme Brain Trust:

Survivor Shrine:

Forums:

True Dork Times:
RC: Yaxha Nakum

To check out Antithysis' column at Sucks go to http://p085.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm2.

Scarlett

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"TDT"
Posted by oncebitten on 10-27-05 at 12:21 PM
IC: Nakum
Boot: Amy

"Acme"
Posted by oncebitten on 10-27-05 at 02:07 PM
Reward Yaxha
IMMUNITY Nakum
BOOT Amy

"RE: Ep. 7 - "Across the Board Picks""
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-27-05 at 03:53 PM
TDT has changed the RC pick to Nakum after learning that the visit is birthday-related and nothing to do with challenge. He's going with Lydia's fear of heights. He doesn't know, kind of a toss-up.

The stupider the establishment is, the smarter the rebels become.
Establishment stupidity is the greatest spur to creativity in evolutionary history ~ Robert Anton Wilson

Posted by Brownroach on 10-27-05 at 04:02 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-27-05 AT 04:04 PM (EST)

From Brandon's bio:

The accomplishment he is most proud of is climbing to the top of a radio tower, which he describes as a ladder that goes 1000 feet in the air, in order to conquer his fear of heights.

I still think the shots of Yaxha members on the zipline are an indicator that they win; I'm leaning toward this being part of the reward, not part of the challenge. Brandon might very well be nervous about taking a ride on a zipline, where he's not only high up but suspended in mid-air.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Posted by architecturegirl on 10-27-05 at 04:31 PM
I agree, I think that being a once in a lifetime experience, the zipline is the reward. Therefore, based on the pics I have to agree that Yaxha wins the reward.
While Brandon was brave to climb the watertower to conquer his fear - thats a solid, sturdy object. I can imagine that flying through the air only being hooked to a simple cable via a harness is going to really freak him out. Also, having been on a zipline myself, the scariest part was the climb up a tree to a VERY small platform. That first climb and step off are going to very hard for someone with a fear of heights. After this he will REALLY have conquered his fears.