URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID87
Thread Number: 609
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"DWTS#9, Episode 5 ECST"

Posted by vince3 on 09-29-09 at 08:50 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-29-09 AT 09:14 PM (EST)

Tonight we resume the normal elimination schedule.

Tonight's musical guests are Joss Stone and Selina Gomez, as well as the Macy's Stars of Dance which will feature the most performers ever to date on the floor.......cast of Stomp the Yard and members of the USC Trojans Marching Band.......

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: DWTS#9, Episode 5 ECST"
Posted by vince3 on 09-29-09 at 09:02 PM
14 couples competed together for the first time, all trying to impress the guest judge.....

11 couples are within 3 points of each other........ anyone can go home tonight!

"Encore Dance"
Posted by vince3 on 09-29-09 at 09:06 PM
Mya/Dmitry's Jive.

(Darn, I thought it was gonna be the Muppet Show Quickstep.....)

"RE: Encore Dance"
Posted by whimsey on 09-29-09 at 09:09 PM
Great. I didn't really get to watch it last night. I'm glad they picked it, the "anti-Muppet" performance.

"Who's Safe, Part 1"
Posted by vince3 on 09-29-09 at 09:11 PM
Donny/Kym
Mya/Dmitry
Aaron/Karina

That takes care of the top 3 couples from last night.........

"Joss Stone"
Posted by vince3 on 09-29-09 at 09:13 PM
Free Me

"RE: Joss Stone"
Posted by whimsey on 09-29-09 at 09:17 PM
She's great. And she has really matured, no longer that gawky 6-foot teen. Lovely.

"Studio footage"
Posted by vince3 on 09-29-09 at 09:19 PM
Because of their biggest cast ever, they decided to build a gigantic training facility/dance studio building for the entire cast to all have time.

There are 6 studios in all, and the biggest one is set up like the stage, and has a rafter/balcony spy area.....

21 points: are you safe or not?

Mark/Lacey: Safe
Natalie/Alec: Safe
Debbie/Maksim: Still in jeopardy......

"Selina Gomez"
Posted by vince3 on 09-29-09 at 09:26 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-29-09 AT 09:27 PM (EST)

Design A Dance Update: Paso Doble to "Eye of the Tiger" Now available to vote: former celebrity to be in the dance, including 5 past champions and 4 crowd favorites......

Falling Down with Derek and Karina dancing......

Meh to Selina's song.

"Safe or not?"
Posted by vince3 on 09-29-09 at 09:31 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-30-09 AT 08:45 AM (EST)

20 points, are you safe?

Joanna/Derek: Safe
Michael/Anna D: Safe

"Safe or not?"
Posted by vince3 on 09-29-09 at 09:34 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-30-09 AT 08:47 AM (EST)

19 points, are you safe or not?

Chuck/Anna T: Safe
Melissa/Marc: Safe
Kelly/Louis: Safe
Louie/Celsie: Still in jeopardy......

"Breaking Celebrity Bad Habits"
Posted by vince3 on 09-29-09 at 09:37 PM
Models: Posing
Actors: Trouble Focusing
Athlete: Habits from their sport
All of the above: FIX THEIR FACE!

Then you have to teach them how to dance......

"Macy's Stars of Dance"
Posted by vince3 on 09-29-09 at 09:39 PM
The Ultimate Collegiate Performance

The USC Trojan Marching Band starts from outside the studio and enters playing "Get Down Tonight"

Then, they're joined by the Stomp The Yard dancers.

"RE: Macy's Stars of Dance"
Posted by whimsey on 09-29-09 at 09:44 PM
how do they get all those guys onto the floor. wow

"RE: Macy's Stars of Dance"
Posted by vince3 on 09-29-09 at 09:48 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-30-09 AT 11:43 AM (EST)

After they entered the studio and cris-crossed the dace floor in an "X", they then had the horns on the staircases and the rest on the stage and stage steps and a little bit of the dance floor, giving the rest of the floor to the Stomp the Yard crew.

"Joss Stone"
Posted by vince3 on 09-29-09 at 09:46 PM
Son of a Preacher Man

"Safe or not?"
Posted by vince3 on 09-29-09 at 09:51 PM
18 points, bottom of the leaderboard, are you safe or not?

Tom/Cheryl: SAFE AGAIN! (more to fuel the bash thread, I guess....)
Kathy/Tony: Still in jeopardy

"Red Light Special"
Posted by vince3 on 09-29-09 at 09:58 PM
Debbie/Maksim, Louie/Chelsie, and Kathy/Tony are still in jeopardy...... two of them are the Bottom Two:

Not in the Bottom Two: Louie/Chelsie (the couple in the middle, scoring wise)

Who's going home: *heartbeat music* Kathy/Tony

Debbie/Maksim are safe to dance next week.

"RE: Red Light Special"
Posted by whimsey on 09-29-09 at 10:00 PM
Well, if it couldn't be Delay, I'm glad it was Kathy.

Posted by Round Robin on 09-30-09 at 02:18 AM
Bull $hit. No effing way that idiot DeLay should still be there and Kathy Ireland be gone already. Buncha damn fools for judges.

Posted by Snidget on 09-30-09 at 05:57 AM
Tom is savvy enough to have a twitter account and send out the vote number for his supporters. (I used savvy in the same sentance with Tom? that has to be a bad sign)

He knows how to campaign for votes so he's likely to be that bottom of the pack person that makes it a few too many weeks on fan base support. That happens every season. Eventually the judges will give that person 3's or something to drop them so far down the rankings the fan base can't carry them. However they usually don't play those games until most of those cast to leave early are out.

As much as I may not like his politics I can't really be upset about Kathy Ireland going. She has all the typical problems most older models have and that never gets them very far anyway. Even if Tom wasn't in the competition she would have been out one of the first few weeks, IMO.

Posted by Loree on 09-30-09 at 11:28 AM
Kathy or Tom could have gone home this week and it would have been the right decision. Now if better dancers than Tom go home before him it will be upsetting. But I honestly can't say that Kathy was better than Tom.

Posted by jbug on 09-30-09 at 12:56 PM
To be fair, his dancing was not all that terrible - except for the stumble and near fall at the end. He really did keep good time and make all his steps well.

Posted by Belle Book on 09-30-09 at 09:19 PM
I'm not surprised that Kathy went home. She was way too timid in her dances. At least Tom was visibly trying in his dances (though I'll never vote for him either). And she was just as bad in her dancing as he was, though for different reasons. Now if Tom outlasts someone who's clearly better, then it's time for him to go home.

Belle Book

Posted by Round Robin on 10-01-09 at 00:13 AM
Kathy's still very pretty even at 46. That's good enough reason to keep her over some @$$hole politician who's just as bad of a dancer.

Posted by Snidget on 10-01-09 at 05:50 AM
She's on twitter, she could have twittered her vote for me number like DeLay did.

It is always who rallies the fan base in some way. Other people's supporters won't throw her a few votes for some good genes, or good plastic surgery, so she had to do something to motivate her fans to vote for her.

People aren't voting for which of the bad dancers is most worthy for whatever value of worthy you think is important. They tend to vote for whoever is good, or who they are a fan of before the show.

Unfortunately none of the supermodels seem to be good at getting their fans to vote big in the early stages. They always seem to go out a bit earlier than others unless they actually dance very well. A pretty face doesn't get you that far all by itself.

At this stage there are just too many other people to vote for, especially this year, so which of the cast to lose dancers goes out which week tends to be only based on whose built in fan base will vote. Any fan DeLay has is like to be someone that will vote even if they probably aren't a typical watcher of a show. How to get the fashionistas and Sports Illustrated swimsuit readers to vote for the models, I dunno. I'm not sure who the fashionistas usually vote for, but I think the Sports Illustrated crowd usually votes for the football player rather than the model.

For me there is a lot more schadenfreude/irony value in watching a disgraced politician be goofy (or whichever they are not worthy why did they stay person) than in seeing another supermodel be pretty, but stiff when they dance. YMMV.

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 10-01-09 at 11:40 AM
Geez, I'm glad we 46 year olds can still be pretty!

Posted by Snidget on 09-29-09 at 10:00 PM
I figured they would be going home. Off to watch the DVR.

Posted by vince3 on 09-29-09 at 10:00 PM
Next week's dances: Samba and Rhumba...... Len will also be back....

Last Dance to: If I Could Turn Back Time this week

Posted by taffnic on 09-29-09 at 10:05 PM
Thank you, Vince. I'm usually at work on Tues nights and I check in here to see what's happening and who got the boot.

A tribe creation