URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 606
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Anybody that has had too MUCH MCPHEEVER?"

Posted by kwcclc7 on 04-19-06 at 10:15 PM
I myself am sick of Katherin. I feel like she was and still is a stuck up snob. She needs to go!!!!! Anyone else agree?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Anybody that has had too MUCH MCPHEEVER?"
Posted by llana on 04-20-06 at 01:14 AM
i disagree!!! i think she is amazing. i hope she will be the AI5 winner....

wanna bet?

Posted by Rhyn on 04-20-06 at 06:37 AM
Anyone else agree?

Not even a little bit. Can you provide any examples of "stuck up snobbery" or is it just a feeling you have.

I get that vibe from Paris, but I can't really point to anything beyond her smug expressions. However, I don't get it from Katharine. Not even a little bit.

Posted by LisaPles on 04-20-06 at 08:16 AM
Yes. I started out really liking her but she hasn't shown any personality throughout the competition and I find her performances to be really boring. It's like I want to like her because I think she has a decent voice, but I've come to the conclusion that she is really lacking star quality.
When she performs I totally lose interest and all I can think is BORING. Her presence on stage is nonexistent and her performances are totally forgettable.
I am sick of hearing about how "pretty" she is. I would rather hear about her exciting performances, too bad she hasn't had any. Simon likes her because he knows her face will look good on a CD cover. (remind anyone of Carrie?) I hope the next American Idol isn't just another "pretty" face with mediocre talent.

Posted by janniebabie on 04-20-06 at 08:29 AM
I would have to agree with you for sure!! That Mcpheever is making me SICK!! Her performances are BOOOOO-RING. I would have to admit that she has the "look" but AI is supposed to be about musical talent. I usually use the time when she is on to go & get another drink or bathroom break. LOL

Posted by brvnkrz on 04-20-06 at 10:19 AM
it's supposed to be about musical talent and yet Kellie Pickler is still there. That tells me it's about the look. If it were about the music and the talent, kellie would have been bottom two and gone this week.

Best Tribe siggie

Posted by Bluelips Tulips on 04-20-06 at 10:27 AM
Oh I disagree, I love McPhee. I think she is captivating when she sings. You can't help but watch her while she sings. SHe can be a little bit giggly and child-like, especially when she receives compliments, so I do understand why some people may not like her. But i predict in the end it will be Taylor vs. Mcphee.

Posted by brvnkrz on 04-20-06 at 10:37 AM
I love Katharine. I am not over the fever of her yet. I was pointing out that AI is not really about talent all of the time and that kellie is proof of that.

Best Tribe siggie

Posted by Padme on 04-20-06 at 12:17 PM
I am totally over Katherine! I agree with the original poster. I usually zone out during her performances. I guess I was the only one who noticed how pitchy her song was this week. UGH! Yes, she has the look but that's all. As far as Kellie goes, she's not there for looks, it's her "dumb southern blonde" routine that's keeping her there. Not to mention everyone seems to feel sorry for her. Yes it's a shame that her dad is in prison and she only has her grandpa but that's not a reason to make her the AI.

I for one though am glad Ace is gone. I couldn't stand him anymore.

Posted by heidib13 on 05-11-06 at 09:19 AM
i agree she started out good but she is so stuck up i hope she goes home next week. I think it is pathetic that she sucked and forgot her words but chris goes home sad, we need to rally and put all our votes towards the other two so she will go home

Posted by Magnolia_Rocker on 04-20-06 at 12:24 PM
I adore Katharine (she's my first girl crush ). She's got the looks and the talent. Granted, she needs to work on her stage presence but at least she's not as bad as Carriebot from last season (and Carriebot walked away with the whole thing).

Siggy thanks to Syren!

Posted by gotears on 04-20-06 at 12:26 PM
Obviously, having talent, poise and the ability to deliver a song and its lyric in a meaningful way is not what you are looking for. As for me, she is clearly the best of the lot. Chris, who I thought early on could take it, has shown himself to be limited. His performance of What a Wonderful World correctly placed him in the bottom. Paris has talent, but is perhaps the biggest phony to date. The little girl/minnie mouse voice is such a put on and turn off; the tears when someone else is voted off so transparent; the God thing she pulls is a joke especially when she dances around on stage like a cheap exotic dancer. Add to that each week she is trying to be somebody else (Beyonce, Janet Jackson, etc _ who is Paris????)and she is so egotistical it is sickening, she is ready to get sent home . Elliot is just OK vocally, but he needs to dump the rap hands. Pickler is a cutie, but she definitely picked the wrong song with Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered and showed her limitations both vocally and with a lyric. Taylor is the only one who can get to the final 2 with Katherine. If he chooses his songs wisely (didn't think You Send Me was the best he could have selected) he could make a serios run at the title. So, NOOOOOOOOOO, I have not had enough McPheever.

Posted by nailbone on 04-20-06 at 03:07 PM
Not me, baby!! I loves me some Katharine!! Only Chris is on an equal footing for me.

There's your final 2!!

Sig by Arkie!!

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

Posted by archon on 04-24-06 at 08:59 AM
*nods in agreement with Nailbone*

Archon

"You can get more with a 2x4 and a kind word than with just a kind word." (Marcus, B5)

Posted by bystander on 04-24-06 at 03:43 PM
Nods in agreement with Nailbone and Archon.

For me, I personally want to see Princess P get the boot! I think she's the snob.

Posted by Kipp on 04-21-06 at 06:58 AM
Yeah there might be a bit of 'I know I am good' eminating from her,,,,but like her or not she really is good! Not only does she have the pipes, she has the looks and style that could be poured into the next American Idol mold. Her style of singing could pull it off unlike a few others that are still there,,IMO

Posted by Glow on 04-21-06 at 02:22 PM
"could be poured into the next American Idol mold"

I agree with your whole statement, Kipp, but I felt this was the most important part. Welcome, btw.

an arkie work of art

Posted by anotherkim on 04-22-06 at 02:21 AM
Wow. I don't get that at all. Nor do I understand how people can say the girl can't sing.

*boggle*.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--then again, I'm still trying to figure out how Fantasia won, so wtf do I know?

Posted by geg6 on 04-24-06 at 09:50 AM
My complete bewilderment at this totally matches yours, Kimmah.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation
Not only Fantasia, but Carrie? Can't figure how either won anything. I wouldn't give either my used Kleenex.

"No surprise"
Posted by mrc on 04-24-06 at 11:51 AM
*sits next to Kim and Geg on the Kat issue*

Posted by Hoobie on 04-22-06 at 04:09 AM
She's very pretty and has a decent voice. But I agree, she's not all that.

Song selections - meh
Wardrobe - ick
Eye contact with cameramen - foof

I always tear up, however when I see her dad tearing up in the audience.

Posted by Queene1979 on 04-24-06 at 05:25 PM
I agree with you 110% I am getting sick of her "Holier Than Thou" attitude. I can not wat to see her when she is voted off. She is wayyyyyyy overratted!!!!!

Posted by KoalaChick on 04-24-06 at 07:28 PM
Overrated??? (or is it overratted,as you put it, and you are talking about her hair...?) Either way, I couldn't disagree more. She is extreeeeeemely talented, beautiful, fun, and the camera loves her. I've never seen anything that gives a hint of a holier-than-thou attitude from Katharine. Paris, yes, Katharine, no.

Honestly, give us an example of this attitude. I think the haters are really jealous.

Posted by nailbone on 04-25-06 at 03:28 PM
I am getting sick of her "Holier Than Thou" attitude

I also wonder where this is coming from. you need to spin over to the Gay Idol Journal thread and see what Larry has to say about her. It might just change this outlook.

Sig by Arkie!!

Posted by jags on 04-25-06 at 03:23 PM
I have defended Kat more than once. Just because she knows her limitations and picks her songs well. Delivering them without straining to hit the notes. if that is cockiness or smugness then you are right. But I think she just knows its her time.

Chris and Taylor both had bands and they have not been able to break out. You can see that they both have great stage presence.

You can hate on Paris all day long but she will have a career, and I would bet a good one. She is just not ready.

Lisa and Mandisa will release albums and we will se how they do.

Kat has the best voice, the greatest range and she is going to be very marketable. Is she confident, I would say yes, she knows that she could have entered this type of contest before but this is her time win or lose AI. She will have a recording contract and a career to go with it.
JAGS

Posted by G Spot on 04-25-06 at 03:42 PM
Are you serious? Where would anyone get the idea that Katherine is stuck up. AI hasn't shown nearly as much footage of her as they have of Pickler. Maybe you just don't know her. I can't think of one thing she has done that is stuck up or snobby. Is it that you think beautiful people are automatically snobby?

She is one of the top three performers by far in this competition, and the most marketable. Taylor will be a close second though!

Posted by Macfever on 04-26-06 at 00:11 AM
Kat tonight proved to the world that sing can sing with the best of them when she sang with bocelli. Kat is without a doubt the best person for AI5 and will go all the way. I woulda like to see pickler go for it but she is to stupid to understand and she will get taken to the cleaner in the music world if she isnt careful. Paris is snobby and thinks her stuff dont stink thats plain and clear. The guys are no where near the level that kat in on. Kat seems to be the real deal. I cant disagree with you more and tonight when i tried and call in for 2 hours i couldnt get thru at all i mean at all not once. So i know america is getting smart about this girl. Man i wish i could have heard more of her duet performance with bocelli that gave me goosebumps.
Anyway america is finally relizing what i knew all along. Watch out simon i can do your job better than you. lol

Posted by fenway_frank on 04-26-06 at 08:31 AM
i couldnt agree more with you about KM.....she got trashed by all three judges and she was at least the best female vocalist last night....since when does singing a song made popular by someone else lead people to believe that you think youre better than the original artist? if that was truly the case there would be no cover songs recorded at all....and how is it she was perceived to think she was better than Whitney and they turn around and tell Elliott he should have sang the song just like the guy who recorded it originally....the judges clearly had an agenda with Kat last night...

Posted by jags on 04-26-06 at 10:25 AM
Thank you I finally hear soemone making since about Kat. And yes I feel the same way I would have liked to hear more of the Duet with Boceeli. You notice he did not offer to sing with anyone else, there is a reason people wake up and get it together.
jags

Posted by LIVEURBESTLIFE on 04-26-06 at 11:36 PM
There are times when I feel the judges give the contestants negative feedback to either get them votes or to get them voted out.

After seeing tonites result show, I think they may have been hard on Kat so people would feel bad and vote for her. So being harsh could have been the way to keep her in and to get Kellie out.

Because I think Kat may have gotten alot of votes that probably would have gone to Pickler.

Posted by nailbone on 04-27-06 at 11:19 AM
Because I think Kat may have gotten alot of votes that probably would have gone to Pickler

Why? People can vote for more than one contestant.

Sig by Arkie!!

Posted by Hypnotic21 on 04-27-06 at 12:18 PM
I have a theory that a lot of the strong feelings surrounding Kat have a lot to do with her looks. I think a lot of the people who hate her (largely women) are jealous of her beauty, and many of her staunch backers (largely men) support her because they think she is hot.

Although AI is not the Miss American pageant, looks are certainly part of the package of being a good performer. Among the remaining women Kat has the best overall package even though Paris is far superior vocally. I think the finale will pit the two most well rounded contestants: Kat vs. Chris.

Posted by nailbone on 04-27-06 at 02:36 PM
I agree with everything you said except the "Paris is far superior vocally" part. Paris has a strong voice, but needs training and seasoning before she's far superior.

Sig by Arkie!!

Posted by jags on 04-27-06 at 04:36 PM
I agree Paris has a wonderful voice but she is not mature enough yet. I really feel Kat picked the right time to enter this competition this could be her time. Paris will have a singing career but she will not win this competition because she is not the best on AI right now.
jags

Posted by Macfever on 04-28-06 at 00:49 AM
hahahaha that was a good laugh thanx alot 21 paris having a far superior voice than kat was a good joke. I did laugh ill give you that.

Posted by Magnolia_Rocker on 04-27-06 at 03:55 PM
Ok, so yeah, I was like really bored today and was trolling some other AI discussion boards just to get a feel of what the consensus of the contestants were in places other than this site and I came across a whole lot of Kat haters. I just don't get it. They think she is snobby and that her sh*t don't stink and I just don't get that vibe from her at all. And when I said Kat haters I mean they really, really are bashing her. I don't get that either. As much as I might dislike a particular contestant I would never go so far as to say I "hate" them. To hate someone they would have to personally do something to me like kick my dog or try to steal my honey, then they would feel the full wrath of Mags. Some truly believe she did the wardrobe malfunction on purpose and that her mom called up AI and made them give Kat an apology for the harsh critique. What??? People kill me how emotionally involved they get into these reality shows.

*boggle*

Siggy thanks to Syren!

"Her Dress Tuesday"
Posted by CSHS79 on 04-27-06 at 07:23 PM
All I have to say is if she felt confident in her voice she wouldn't dress like she does. To me her dress this week was way over the top, cut much too low and the slit way too high. I'm suprised especially with her parents in the audience, I wonder if the tear in her dad's eye was more about the dress than about being choked up at hearing her sing.

"RE: Her Dress Tuesday"
Posted by sica077 on 04-27-06 at 11:10 PM
I agree that her dress was over the top and a little too "look at me/my body." But, that being said, it did the trick because she looked great, and I am sure no one (male and female alike) stopped looking at her Tuesday while she was on stage (for whatever the reason may be).

*I feel compelled to note that I am a female that loves my man *

Posted by fenway_frank on 04-28-06 at 07:55 AM
yea thats it...she was so insecure about her ability...she wore a sexy dress....1 vote for the most moronic post ive read all week...have you heard the girl sing?

Posted by nailbone on 04-28-06 at 09:53 AM
If you read the Gay Idol Journal from last week, you'll see that she's not really confident about anything, ESPECIALLY how she looks. And do you know whether SHE picked that dress or someone picked it for her?

Sig by Arkie!!

Posted by jags on 04-28-06 at 10:31 AM
The way she dressed had nothing to do with lack of confidence. Dress aside she comes as the most prepared each week. She is and will be someone we will be talking about long after this competition is over.
jags

Posted by wag1468 on 05-10-06 at 11:48 PM
my god yes!!!!!!! she is a snob from the get go. I am shocked to know there are so many people or something keeping her there. Kat must goooooooooooooo

Posted by Fishercat on 05-11-06 at 00:58 AM
Thanks Boner

I also wonder where this is coming from. you need to spin over to the Gay Idol Journal thread and see what Larry has to say about her. It might just change this outlook.

Posted by Awnrybird on 05-11-06 at 09:56 AM
She was told over and over about pitch problems and boring songs and etc etc... Yet Chris gets the boot???? WRONG she should have gone along time ago. They need to have a recount !!!
There is someting about her that she thinks shes all that. I cant watch anymore. There has been a total breakdown somewhere with Chris getting the boot. Something went wrong!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by meholmes on 05-11-06 at 00:28 AM
She has an amazing voice. Having her sing Elvis was totally unfair. The only one who could even attempt a good Elvis was Chris. Give Kat a chance to prove her voice with an appropriate song choice, and I believe she will blow you away. You go Kat!

"DISAGREE..."
Posted by singer on 05-11-06 at 08:30 AM
totally.

Katherine is an excellent artist. Right now, she's young, and her voice needs to develop further.

There is no evidence to prove that she is a snob.

There is evidence that proves that she can sing, and that she is willing to admit vocal mistakes in front of the judges. This suggests that she is not too arrogant to learn. I like that.

The bottom line for me is that experts in the singing profession (the people who have been training the singers each week) agree that Katherine has something special. I accept their assessment, and I truly believe that with additional coaching, Katherine will be a huge star. It may take a few years, because a woman's vocal chords "set" usually in her 30s. Once that happens, some of the vocal inconsistencies that people correctly point out will probably disappear from her voice.

Visually, Katherine is beautiful. So her talent and her appearance can make her huge in the business.

The same was true of Whitney Houston.

--Singer

"RE: DISAGREE..."
Posted by CattyChat on 05-11-06 at 11:21 AM
Everything Singer says goes double for me. Kat is remarkable --beautiful & talented. I haven't seen anything to suggest that she is a snob -- she seems just as beautiful on the inside.

I thought from the start Kat had a huge talent (to get better) and my thoughts have been confirmed week after week with each "guest" artist, songwriter, producer, etc. More importantly, Kat is diverse -- she could sing showtunes, jazz, opera, pop -- can't wait to see her continue to grow. I do have a feeling she is going to be big and everyone will look back and say, remember when she was on that American Idol show?

Kind Creation of ARNutz

Posted by fiestytinyone on 05-11-06 at 11:52 AM
I AGREE! Katharine is too arrogant and she's been on my nerves for a while. She has a great voice but she has NOT been performing well recently. She's maybe had one or two good performances out of the last 6. I'm so pissed off that she's still in and Chris is out. Chris is WAY better and has much more of a genuine presence than Katharine who is too fake.

BOO to American Idol voters for having too much confidence and not keeping the real Idol on the show and giving him the win he deserves. Whatever - he'll outsell all those other fools easily and he'll probably end up getting a better deal than he would've if he had won.

Posted by nailbone on 05-11-06 at 12:20 PM
Katharine is too arrogant

Katharine who is too fake

Explain to me why you think this, please. How has she been arrogant or fake?

Sig by Slice

Posted by amandatees on 05-11-06 at 02:58 PM
Personally, I think Kat is a great singer and she is very pretty. However, I don't think that she's should win (I'm a Taylor fan!!). What annoys me most about her is the 'bouncing'. Any time she's near a guy (Ryan, the guest star of the week, the camera man that does her close up shots on stage;)), she gets thisclose...and bounces. Last week she was literally humping the floor, this week she had to walk around the piano just to bounce for the mentor (i can't remember his name). It just takes a little of her credibility away for me...she should just rely on her voice which is strong... and not try to be such a vixen. (manx) lol

Posted by BrokenIdol on 05-11-06 at 05:24 PM
I think that the bouncing is a cover up for the fact that she can't dance, or is very self-conscious about it. It seems that she said something to that effect several weeks ago. But, she has gotten a little better with her choreography.
And, no I'm not tired of her act. She has more pure talent than any 1 left. I will be totally happy with either of the 3 winning.

Posted by singer on 05-17-06 at 06:53 AM
"Last week she was literally humping the floor, this week she had to walk around the piano just to bounce for the mentor (i can't remember his name). It just takes a little of her credibility away for me...she should just rely on her voice
which is strong... and not try to be such a vixen. (manx) lol"

When That Pickle, who could not sing, humped the floor, it was o.k. with some posters. When Kat danced on her knees, it was not ok. When Fantasia sang from the floor, it was o.k. What about Ace using his eye candy sex appeal? No one called him a vixen or the male equivalent. The same's true of Constantine, who also was not a great singer.

The negative observations apply to some singers and not others. Seems like a double standard to me, especially given the obvious talent of the contestant being criticized here.

--Singer

Posted by LIVEURBESTLIFE on 05-17-06 at 09:28 PM
It's not really a double standard. When Fantasia sang from the floor it matched the song and the performance. It was one of the most memorable moments in AI history for me. It was a superb performance and being on the floor added it to that and helped create the mood.

When Kellie humped the stage ... well I don't know cuz it didn't do anything for me. But it was a rock song and rock singers do things like hump the floor. So it was appropiate.

Constantine had natural sex appeal. I got the impression that he was being himself. Unlike Ace who seemed like he had practiced that corny mess a thousand times in the mirror.

Double standard...no. Some people can carry certain things off and others come off as copies of the originials.

Posted by cbabz307 on 05-12-06 at 11:44 AM
Why do you feel she's "stuck up"??

Do I sense a little jealousy here??

Posted by nailbone on 05-12-06 at 12:11 PM
I'm still waiting for an answer to that question myself.

Sig by Slice

Posted by singer on 05-17-06 at 06:56 AM
Ditto.

--Singer

Posted by ejm92 on 05-14-06 at 11:32 AM
I believe a lot of the "stuck up" criticism may stem from ideas people have about she and her mother. Katherine's mom just oozes that "stage mom" vibe if you ask me....I know it's a purely unsubstantiated belief but I just have this gut feeling that's hard to get over. Something tells me that Katherine has been prepared her whole life to be on this show (maybe beauty pagents and singing competitions in childhood?). I think even in Katherine's audition the judges (and I heard this from someone else, not sure who) say "your mother is going to be proud" as if they already had a tip about the stage mom thing.

I think most of the criticism on my part (and everyone else I've talked to) comes from the fact that she's a Californian, looks to have been pretty well off through her childhood (father works in Hollywood, mother in vocal training), and from what I've heard in interviews, the other Idols do not seem to be very close with her. But she looks great and has a hell of a voice - just lacking a little personality and passion, methinks.

However, I think I would've been satisfied with any of the top 5 winning the competition, they all are talented enough to do so. I think what is working against Katherine is the fact that every American Idol winner thus far has been Southern, as well as many of the final three contestants (Kelly, Nikki, Ruben, Clay, Kim Locke, Fantasia, Diana, Carrie, Bo, Vonzell). I don't think it's a coincidence that so many Idol finalists have been from the South; I think it's a fact that the South is a very strong voting region for the show. So, with that said, Katherine from California against Elliott from Virginia and Taylor from Alabama - I would say that the odds are stacked against her winning.

Vote Taylor Hicks For Idol '06

Posted by singer on 05-17-06 at 07:00 AM
Interesting observation. People criticised Paris for having a stage mom as well. I wish they would criticise vehemently the people with no voices who have made it to the final 12 year after year.

I voted for Kat last night and could barely get through. She did better overall than Elliott in performance. I think it's a toss up between the two.

--Singer

Posted by sccharles on 05-16-06 at 10:21 PM
I agree, she is stuck on herself. She may have talent, but I want to vote for someone who really is admirable in many ways, not just because she can belt and give a smoky stare.

Posted by Fishercat on 05-16-06 at 10:27 PM
I'll refer you to Post 51 and 52, specifically 52.

Posted by sica077 on 05-16-06 at 11:41 PM
Here is my take on the continuing claim that she is "stuck-up" or "up on herself":

*For the record, please note that I do like Katharine. She has a great voice. Also, I am not trying to speak for anyone else, just trying to explain how I feel about these "claims".*

Although she has been getting quite a bit of back lash from the judges, they are there to give their opinions. They each have contracts to continue with AI which at least proves that they are doing something right in the eyes of the producers. When Kat gets her negative feedback and gives those *almost* eye rolls and grimaces, I grimace. I feel like she not only disagrees with the judges, but also has complete disregard for their opinions. Clearly, the public disagrees with the judges as well because she is still around and is going strong, but a simple concerned look and "okay" would do the trick there. Now, I simply cannot remember the previous episodes and how she handled herself then (couldn't have been too bad if I can't remember), but tonight really rubbed me wrong.

*I do feel compelled to also note that although I was "rubbed wrong" , because of her "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" I voted plenty for her tonight! Did anyone notice her ruby red slippers?!?! I need those!

On another note:

I think there have been posts on how the judges say certain things in order for other certain things to happen. For the past two weeks now (at least) Kat has gotten less than rave reviews from the panel...and she's still here. That leads me to believe that either: A) the judges are just stating their opinions, or B) the judges know that their negative feedback usually boosts that certain performer's votes, therefore, they reply to the performer not on their opinion, but on what they think the public will do with their opinions.

In any case, thankfully we are the ones who vote, so it is really only our opinions that matter. Take that, Randy, Paula, and Simon! And thankfully, as humans, we are able to form our own opinions for our own reasons.

Posted by Seabisquit on 05-17-06 at 00:38 AM
Ugh...buh byeeee KAT.

Posted by jags on 05-17-06 at 09:46 AM
Yes she had some facial expressions but I have seen worse. She had a right to give facial expressions, like Simon said to correct Randy it was not her song choice. Plus let us remember when Chicken Little made his comment, I have siad thsi before that was totally classless and showed he was not brought up right. There are comercials with those comments now. She has been totally respectful throughout the show. I am so tired of hear that she is stuck up, unless you know her personnally you should not make these type of comments.
jags

Posted by nailbone on 05-17-06 at 02:43 PM
Yes she had some facial expressions but I have seen worse.

Taylor's are just as bad, if not worse.

Sig by Slice

Posted by singer on 05-17-06 at 07:01 AM
I see no evidence to support this claim.

--Singer

Posted by KingJames on 05-17-06 at 01:59 AM
i like Katheryn,
I like her clear, strong voice, & I appreceate her natural beauty. it is nice to see a youge girl that isn't all hoochied up, & doesn't have so much collegen in her lips that she looks like she ate a bee hive. I also like that she isn't an anoexic looking stick woman.

"DISAGREE, TOTALLY..."
Posted by singer on 05-17-06 at 06:42 AM
The girl can sing, and she is interested in having a dialogue with the judges. Can't fault her for that. It's good that she sticks up for herself when they fault her for having to sing songs that others have chosen for her. I'm glad she's not a dumb robot like some of the other contestants we've seen this season.

As for last night, she did best on "Over the Rainbow." Her show tune at the end was probably the wrong song choice, even though she nailed the runs pretty well. Like Paris, she struggles with proper song choices. But she's young, and she'll learn.

She would make a wonderful American Idol, and when her vocal chords set completely, she'll be a more consistent singer.
Plus, she's gorgeous.

--Singer

"RE: I don't have the fever! "
Posted by LisaPles on 05-17-06 at 11:16 AM
I started out WANTING to like Katherine, but she awlays falls short of greatness and I find her performances to be extremely boring. Why was she sitting on the floor through the whole "Over The Rainbow" (yawn) performance? I thought that was stupid.
I am also tired of hearing about how pretty she is because it's the only thing anyone ever says about her. It would be much better if people were talking about how great she is as a singer/performer and too bad that's not the case.
Sorry to any of her fans, (although this IS the DON'T have the fever thread), but I really hope tonight is the end of the line for her.

Posted by nailbone on 05-17-06 at 11:24 AM
You can think what you want, but if you go back and look, I don't JUST talk about how good she looks. I also talk about how beautifully she sings. And I loved her singing "Rainbow" while sitting on the floor. It gave the song a more innocent, tender aspect to it.

Sig by Slice

Posted by Lasann on 05-17-06 at 01:55 PM
I kept coming back here today to see if you are "all in a flutter". She kicked butt last night. Wow, she sounded perfect! Wow!!

Heaven on Earth! That’s me lying on the beach *giggle*

Posted by nailbone on 05-17-06 at 02:42 PM
"In a flutter" doesn't begin to describe how I felt after SOTR last night. And that song she sang third (and the outfit she was in) did me in completely.

Sig by Slice

Posted by singer on 05-17-06 at 01:27 PM
Beauty buys a lot in the business. I'm glad she lives up to that standard.

That being said, I have been saying for months that she is among one of the best technically prepared singers that I have seen in the competition. (Paris is in this category as well.) My comments focus heavily on what she is producing vocally.

What bites is when people say things like "she's stuck up," when there is no evidence to support a statement like that. There is plenty of evidence to support the claim that she is beautiful and that she can sing.

I hope she makes it to the finals with Taylor, because based on last night's performance, I believe that she edged out Elliott.

--Singer

Posted by jags on 05-17-06 at 03:55 PM
Agree completely SHe did enough to get to the finals. I cannot wait for the head to head between Taylor and Kat.
I know I keep beating this horse but lets remember with a few exceptions all the to 12 will be performing somewhere. That is saying alot it has been a great season.
JAGS

Posted by redhotgramps on 05-18-06 at 02:05 AM

This girl is not a snob. . . In fact, you sound more like a snob by your actions. (very spoiled)

No one can watch her and truthfully say, Kathrine is a snob - - - she's talented, beautiful, and has a sweet personality.

Perhaps, that's your problem. You leave her alone. She's had a very difficult time - - - the judges never wanted her to win - - but she did. She is also courageous.

"WARNING - redhotgramps "
Posted by Bebo on 05-18-06 at 08:26 PM
Please read our community guidelines. While we allow posters to post both positive and negative comments about reality shows and their participants, bashing other posters is not permitted here.

"RE: WARNING - redhotgramps "
Posted by choobie on 05-20-06 at 06:32 AM
>Please read our community guidelines.
>While we allow posters to
>post both positive and negative
>comments about reality shows and
>their participants, bashing other posters
>is not permitted here.

what is wrong with bashing? Are you a christian site or what? What happened to freedom of speech?
Come on... some people deserve a little bashing now and then.

"WARNING - choobie"
Posted by Bebo on 05-20-06 at 10:59 PM
These are our guidelines. Bashing is not permitted here. If you want to bash folks, then feel free to go do that at a site that permits it - but you will not be allowed to do so here.

This forum is for discussing the show, not our guidelines. This discussion ends now.

Posted by BimBo on 05-18-06 at 06:28 AM
I thought Kat was going to make it from the beginning. And I'm glad she has. I must admit I'm not a big Idol fan, but this season however, I've kept up every week.
That said, I'm convinced the whole thing is fixed. The rating system is completely flawed. (accidently on purpose would be my guess.) IMO, just the simple fact that tyler the big GOON has made it this far with his complete lack of talent and his stupid looking stage antics (is this guy an epileptic or something??)proves to me that there is NOTHING credible about this show. I feel sure that kat will win this. O.K, I agree, she comes across a little snobby at times but the girl has a beautiful voice. And even if you disagree with that, for pete's sake I can't for the life of me understand how ANYONE out there can think that this doofus has what it takes to be the next idol. What's he going to do??? He'll make a michael McDonald tribute cd and never be heard from again. I see a music future for a girl with Kat's looks and talent...No doubt!!
GOOD LUCK KAT!!! I'd buy your cd in a heartbeat!!!

Posted by ronnytaz on 05-18-06 at 09:05 AM
Christmas came early for Katherine McPhee when Chris Daughtry was eliminated and not her.I counted three times she forgot her lyrics while singing in competition in the final 12.She claimed that the judges were being too rough on her the past few weeks?Give me a BREAK!!!!!She has got some nerve.She knows deep down that Chris should've been still in the competition and not her.I have one piece of advice for Katherine McPhee,quit your whining.If you can't take constructive feedback,then you don't belong on American Idol.I will be voting for Taylor Hicks because Katherine doesn't deserve to be in the finale.If Katherine wins,American Idol will lose me as a fan.I will think of American Idol as nothing more than a first rate joke.Katherine McPee is nothing more than a Kelly Clarkson wanna be.

"And one more thing..."
Posted by singer on 05-18-06 at 01:19 PM
She's a fabulous vocalist!

--Singer

Posted by nailbone on 05-30-06 at 09:59 AM
I counted three times she forgot her lyrics while singing in competition in the final 12.

So did you count all the times that Taylor changed the lyrics in the songs he sang, just to keep with the "Taylor" style? Why is it that Kat gets bagged on for missing lyrics and being pitchy and getting bigger than she needs to, while Taylor runs around like a maniac, virtually ignoring pitch altogether and changing up lyics and going WAY over the top, and only Simon even mentions it? Kat was correct that they were unnecessarily harsh to her.

Sig by Slice

"Hear, hear!"
Posted by singer on 05-31-06 at 07:52 AM
Hey, NB, did you see that Kat's rendition of "Think" got the highest number of downloads on Itunes? Of the top four, Chris got the lowest number of downloads, Taylor got the next highest number of downloads, and Elliott got the next highest number of downloads.

Somebody likes Kat's music very much.

--Singer

Posted by Captain_Savem on 05-18-06 at 12:12 PM
You hate her cuz you ain't her...

Handcrafted by RollDdice, yo.
MySpace
Don't player hate....congratulate.

Posted by slickeronstate on 05-18-06 at 09:04 PM
The elimination shows of the last few episodes have been entertaining - if simply for seeing McFaker's face - she is elated when she realizes she is not getting the boot - but tosses in about .5 seconds of sadness at the departing idol.

She is total artifice. Maybe she could garner an off-Broadway stint as somebody's understudy - maybe in Hairspray for Digarmo. Kelly Clarkson she is not....

On Tuesday I watched the show with my parents. My mom asked (re: Taylor's presentation) "does he think he is Donny Osmond"? Give it to Taylor - he's not pretentious - he may have tourette's or some chronic twitching problem - but overall he seems like an OK guy.

Chris seemed destined for victory but I have to admit that same ole pouty rocker schtick started to get boring....

Posted by americanidolfan on 05-24-06 at 01:55 AM
Of course she should have went away a long time ago. Although, I know her dad is proud of her (God Bless him) when she acted like it was no big deal that she didn't talk to her family that much on national T.V. that did it in for me. I am sure that she is very busy.. but my word atleast Elliott made sure that his mom was apart of his world while on American idol. It made me feel like that she wouldn't or doesn't need them anymore because she knows that there will be a deal out there for her whether she wins or not. COme on, show some respect here! So I am with ya!

Posted by aap on 05-24-06 at 04:14 AM
I could not agree with you more. How it is that she got through over the last three weeks is is beyond me, especially when she has forgotten the words to the song. Had it been anyone else then they would have been gone the next day but she has survived three weeks. Mandesia was a whole lot of woman with a whole lota voice.

Posted by gardenlover on 05-25-06 at 04:30 PM
Katherine is a rich little daddy's girl and she is as boring as dry toast! She does not have any stage presence whatsoever. Her voice is not unique and would drown in a room full of talented singers, as she can sing, but it is not momorable.

Posted by hoazi on 05-26-06 at 02:07 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-26-06 AT 02:09 PM (EST)

I am surprised most of these McPhans have not caught her recent interviews where she reveals a lot about personality flaws.

Among the many things she said:
-Elliott was tiny (I wonder how she'd feel if he commented on her ample bottomside)
-Laughed when DJ's Kevin and Bean made fun of Elliott's looks
-Implied that Taylor won because he was gimmicky and that she was the real singer
-Blamed her not winning on not having the Southern voting block
-Called herself a celebrity

The list goes on and on...

..not to mention that she rolls her eyes at judges comments, acts really phoney in front of cameras, and talks in canned cliches.

I'm McPhed up!
Doesn't speak volumes about you when former contestants don't have anything nice to say about you?