URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID9
Thread Number: 603
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Marvin v. The Titans (aka Twins)"

Posted by okaychatt on 09-10-04 at 00:24 AM
Didn't you just love the scene when a twin cracked, "I'm not a waitress" to Marvin's request for a drink?

Well, excuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me!

It's going to be an interesting two days in the jury house.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Marvin v. The Titans (aka Twins)"
Posted by MollyTV on 09-10-04 at 05:19 AM
all i can say is it was PRICELESS!

watching marvin make fun of them all and then even that he BEAT THEM ...lol...he is too funny.

they (the twins) got pretty pissed...loved it.

molly

Posted by sisterwoman on 09-10-04 at 06:49 AM
LOVELOVELOVE Marvin! Will and the twins need to unclench at both ends. Loosen up people!! Your game is over. Now its time to really have fun!

Posted by Poncho on 09-10-04 at 10:33 AM
>Didn't you just love the scene
>when a twin cracked, "I'm
>not a waitress" to Marvin's
>request for a drink?
>
>Well, excuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me!

I thought it was funny when Natalie said that I don't blame her.

Poncho

Posted by CantStandToLook on 09-10-04 at 11:22 AM
I dont think I've watched closely enough to tell if there should be some overbearing hostility there (other than what he said to Adria as she was leaving the house) but wasn't Nat or Adria just saying how bygones should be bygones and doing that Champagne toast ritual. They seem pretty hypocritical to me...Will may have put it best..."let's be real here".

Handcrafted by RollDdice
If he drew a rainbow, I would have thought he was a twelve-year-old girl.~Debs FLOM Summary

Posted by foonermints on 09-10-04 at 11:41 AM
What happened to Marvin's Champagne Toast Ritual? Give the brotha some bubbly! He had outlasted everyone there so far.
I hope Marvin and Will have a great time poking fun at the twidiots and all their percieved "power", although the choice between the remaining Tweedles isn't very inspiring.

Posted by Pretty_Kitty on 09-10-04 at 12:34 PM
I dont know where y'all are from but where I live Marvin is what we call a male chauvanist pig get your own damn drink

Posted by Poncho on 09-10-04 at 12:52 PM
>I dont know where y'all are
>from but where I live
>Marvin is what we call
>a male chauvanist pig
>get your own damn drink
>

I am right there with you Pretty Kitty!!!

Poncho

Posted by RealityAddict on 09-10-04 at 01:11 PM
Thank you Kitty! I didn't take her comment as hostile, but just a response to him commanding service. It's also interesting how Marvin's "gay waiter" comment to Will has gone seemingly unnoticed. I know he's just being funny...and ha ha ha...and it's just a game...and everyone needs to loosen up...but some of his "jokes" are just cover ups for how he really feels. I'm glad he's gone b/c his constantly being "on" was getting a little annoying.

Posted by HistoryDetective on 09-10-04 at 02:02 PM
Very interesting point, RealityAddict! Certainly some of us (probably myself included) would have jumped all over Adria if she made the "gay waiter" comment because she so loudly espouses her faith all the time.

Posted by ginger on 09-10-04 at 02:19 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-10-04 AT 02:20 PM (EST)

I live in SF. All waiters are gay.

Oh for heck's sake, I was kidding. Lighten up.

Posted by mamarizzo on 09-10-04 at 02:26 PM
Marvin was also the one who pointed out that A put up "the black and the gay" guys, making her out to be bigoted. Everyone went along with that. She stated she did not do it for that reason. I think M wanted to stir up trouble with W and managed it to save himself, which he did. I think M may be the one who has a bias...

Posted by alliebaba on 09-10-04 at 02:34 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-10-04 AT 02:35 PM (EST)

I'm thinking I'd rather watch a show at the Jury House rather than the BB house. Jury house would be a heck of a lot more entertaining.

Posted by Johnny88 on 09-11-04 at 12:36 PM
>Marvin was also the one who
>pointed out that A put
>up "the black and the
>gay" guys, making her out
>to be bigoted. Everyone went
>along with that. She stated
>she did not do it
>for that reason. I think
>M wanted to stir up
>trouble with W and managed
>it to save himself, which
>he did. I think M
>may be the one who
>has a bias...

Of coarse Marvin has a bias. This doesn't mean there not some truth to what he was saying. Adria would never publicly admit this, but deep down, she probably has a preference for straight White people. I give Adria and Natalie credit for not being slaves to political correctness and having the courage to nominate the the Gay guy and the Black guy in the same week.

Posted by okaychatt on 09-10-04 at 06:10 PM
"Marvin is what we call a male chauvanist pig get your own damn drink "

I thought he was just throwing out an "Oh what the heck, I'm here, so let's start drinking" kind of comment to the group. I didn't think he was addressing a twidiot specifically. So when A or N snapped at him, I thought she was a tad snarky just to prove a point.

I don't have it on tape - can someone check?

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Posted by syren on 09-10-04 at 06:17 PM
I didn't think that it was directed to the twins either, and thought that they were being tards....I thought that I heard him say, get me a drink will....but to me it was done in a joking lets party context....he's new here and doesnt know where anything is at....I never heard the twin waitress comment everyone is talking about....

Posted by sisterwoman on 09-10-04 at 06:21 PM
I think she said "I don't work here" but I think they all knew it was a joke and was said- from both sides- in a joking way.

Posted by drebaby on 09-10-04 at 07:28 PM
I believe Marvin said "Will get me a drink" in a joking fashion because Marv was "new" to the house and he had to assume that Will knew where the drinks and food were since he had been there a couple of weeks. Adria was joking in her response to him.

Agree that BB should dedicate a half hour to the sequestered jury house as the characters there will put up more excitement than the folks the BB house.

Posted by Toasted_N_Texas on 09-10-04 at 07:44 PM
I think the sequester house would definately be worth aat least one night out of the week especially when it gets down to the F5. It gets so boring when the #'s get that low in the BB House.
They could at least give live feeds for a bit to know whats going on there....I bet it has got much more interesting since Marvin has arrived and now Will isn't all alone with Tweedle-Dumb and Tweedle-Dumber. Now it's 2 against 2 (so to speak) and what I would give to hear what is being said and maybe how votes are being persuaded in there. I'm praying (pardon the pun) that Adria will tell Will that it was Di who suggested she put Will on the block. I wouldn't be surprised if CBS doesn't do this next year. They have an entirely different aspect of Reality TV that is just begging to be seen...Big Brother: The Jury. Sounds good huh????

Posted by vixie on 09-11-04 at 02:22 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-12-04 AT 10:38 AM (EST)

Me, too Chat...I am usually the first to jump on someone when they attempt to order anyone around, god forbit it be racial, sexist, ageist...whatever. But I thought he was basically saying "Let the drinking begin!" and he wasn't quite sure of the lay of the land yet! The twidiots are always snarky IMHO, and whoever said they deep down prefer white, anglo-saxon, straight people (can you spell WASP?) I think you hit the nail right on the head. But I think they believe that they are openminded...which is way off the mark. They still tick me off!

Posted by MollyTV on 09-11-04 at 05:48 PM
you know...i thought the same thing...like he just showed up and was saying "lets get to drinking"...someone get me a drink BECAUSE they all know where the drinks are...and he just got there....but

because he had been rubbing in their faces that they all lost before him i think they took it as a personal insult and told him to get his own drink.

just my opinion
molly