URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 5999
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"SurvivorBlows Tribe, It's Time to Vote!"

Posted by SherpaDave on 09-13-05 at 12:35 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-13-05 AT 04:13 PM (EST)

Hi, everyone! It's baaaaaack! Do you still care? If you do, c'mon in and register your vote. Here's how:

The Rules

1. Please put the name of your choice for this week's bootee IN THE SUBJECT HEADING! This is really easy. Just erase the bit where it says "Re: SurvivorBlows Tribe, It's Time to Vote!" and replace with your vote, i.e., Amy. This makes it easier to tally votes quickly and accurately. Oh, and btw... nicknames are tougher to tally unless they're REALLY obvious without actually reading your vote.

2. Reply ONLY to this post! Curves on women are good. Curves on vote threads are bad. The first part bears repeating: I like curves on women (which would explain why I haven't seen any episodes this season). Y'know, I'm not sure if I've been clear enough about this. Curves on women are really great things. Y'know what else is good? A nice MLT. Mutton, lettuce, and tomato with just a little bit of mayonnaise. Mmmmm.

EXCEPTION TO RULE 2! VOTE CHANGES!

If it just so happens that you wanna change your vote for whatever reason, REPLY TO YOUR ORIGINAL POST! Your new post heading should read "VOTE CHANGE: Blake (or Whoever)". That said, there is not an exception to the fact that curves on women are good.

3. THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD! DO NOT TREAT IT AS SUCH! There are plenty of places on the Spoilers Forum to debate the merits of people's arguments. Let's keep it out of here, please.

4. No sig pics! It was suggested that because this can be such a long thread, sig pics make it really hard to load for folks with dial-up connections. So show some respect to your slower brethren (and sistren). And really, if I can refrain from flashing the greens at 100 posters, surely you can refrain just this once from extolling IceCat's animated glory, no?

5. Have fun. That's an order.

(And yet again, thanks to BebeKid for reminding me it was time to post this.)

(edited because the whole post was bold. oops.)

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Jim"
Posted by KObrien_fan on 09-13-05 at 12:49 PM
BJ convinces the Nakum brain trust that they must keep their strength. Jim is the oldest and also ill. There is no need to boot anybody else.

"Jim"
Posted by I_Got_Nutn on 09-13-05 at 01:15 PM

"Danni"
Posted by flipxcyd on 09-13-05 at 01:22 PM

"Jim"
Posted by oncebitten on 09-13-05 at 02:01 PM
I am going to go with him.

"Danni"
Posted by JazzyJax on 09-13-05 at 02:44 PM
Danni and Blake's reported fall during hike might make one of these two weaker than Jim...

"Cindy"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 09-13-05 at 02:59 PM
About as good a guess as any at this point in the game. There's some vagueness about whether Cindy is there on Day 4 (may be refuted by TDT?), but also it's because she has often appeared cold or not seem to be getting along with others in the tribe.

So, I'm going with Cindy as my boot with Jim as the alternate pick.

"Jim"
Posted by Scarlett O Hara on 09-13-05 at 03:16 PM
Ditto what KO_f said.

Scarlett

"JIM"
Posted by Corvis on 09-13-05 at 03:22 PM
We know Jim is throwing up on Day 2 because TV Guide told us so. We also know four men total were vomiting early on. If Blake, Brandon, or Judd is one of those men, then Jim throwing up might not be that big of a deal. Still he is the oldest Survivor and any sign of weakness is not going to be taken well. Especially not with Bobby Jon telling everyone they have to stay strong for the challenges.

Still, oftentimes the boot is the person who doesn't along well with others. Debb from the Outback, Peter from Marquesas, and John from Thailand are all examples of a strong personality that didn't mesh well with the tribe. So who on Nakum has a chance of rubbing people the wrong way? Well, unfortunately for Mr. Vomit, Jim is that person. He has a good chance of annoying the women and Probst called him out as someone least likely to get along with the tribe. So yeah, Jim is looking good for first boot.

I will say that if Cindy got booted, I wouldn't be surprised. She like animals more than people, is frowning in a lot of preshow pics, and just gives off a loner vibe.

Still, I am going with Jim.

"Jim"
Posted by redbeard103152 on 09-13-05 at 04:17 PM
Have been bouncing back and forth between Jim and Cindy. Jim's age may work against him. The comments that J.P. made about Jim during the preshow made me finally come down on the side of the fireman as the one who will take the first walk of shame this season.

"Bobby Jon"
Posted by Estee on 09-13-05 at 04:30 PM
'He doesn't need the million! He already has whatever amount of money he got for finishing in tenth place!'

"Jim"
Posted by LibraRising on 09-13-05 at 04:39 PM
After a several-season hiatus, the tradition of booting the old challenge liability first returns. OK, so Willard sort of fit that bill, but Katie lasted too damn long for that to count.

"Jimmy Carter"
Posted by strid333 on 09-13-05 at 05:35 PM
Well, that's what Jim from Northglen kinda looks like.

"Jim"
Posted by MJewel on 09-13-05 at 06:05 PM
That's my vote!

"Jim "
Posted by survivorscott on 09-13-05 at 06:40 PM
Mr. AARP is the early bird special

"Jim"
Posted by michel on 09-13-05 at 07:37 PM
Seems obvious, but who else?

"Jim"
Posted by chaipo on 09-13-05 at 08:05 PM

"Jim"
Posted by justwrong on 09-13-05 at 08:23 PM
a marine and a firefighter, such a shame to not get to know him!

"Jim"
Posted by littletown on 09-13-05 at 09:40 PM
Bye-buh

"Jim"
Posted by kingfish on 09-13-05 at 10:19 PM
So, what's the prize this year?

"Jim"
Posted by mookiemeister on 09-13-05 at 11:43 PM
I have no reason other than that a lot of people are voting for this guy.

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Einstein

""JIM""
Posted by kircon on 09-14-05 at 00:58 AM
Blake & Danni are too cute to go home.

"JIM"
Posted by coolbluepig on 09-14-05 at 06:42 AM
i don't know but i really do feel it is him...

"JIM"
Posted by applejack93 on 09-14-05 at 07:29 AM
Just going with the flow - it seems appropriate.

"Jim"
Posted by Flowerpower on 09-14-05 at 08:53 AM
I was really torn between Cindy and Jim and I do think that these are the two that it will indeed come down to. But, after reading Pepe's thread referring to quotes, I am firmly in the Jim camp. Corvis has noted all the rationale for a Jim boot. But these quotes from Jiffy noted that Margaret is the star/hero of episode one as so many were hurt, and that she was very concerned about one imparticular survivor, this has got to be Jim. I think her worrying over Jim will inadvertantly sway the group to boot the weakest link. It's also noted that he is a "my way or no way" type of guy...sounds very abrasive to me. So, I'd say that Jim is 1. the weakest at this time, 2. the oldest, and 3. the most socially abrasive. As for Cindy, she'll not be long for the show!

"Jim"
Posted by Magic Fingers on 09-14-05 at 11:00 AM
I agree strid333...he does look like Carter.
Good ole fashion spoilin' this season!

"Jim"
Posted by Brownroach on 09-14-05 at 12:02 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-14-05 AT 12:11 PM (EST)

We’ve heard from Probst that four men will be on their backs throwing up; we know that Jim is one of them. Possibly all four are on Nakum, as Probst says Margaret is the star of Ep 1 in that she “looks after many of the ill people”.

If so many of the Nakums are sick, it is very plausible that one of those incapacitated would wind up getting the boot. (And Probst's comment sort of implies that in general the women handle the hike better than the men.)

Probst has had primarily dismissive or negative things to say about Jim. He doesn't go on about him at any length, as opposed to, say, Danni. Additionally, Jim is not heavily featured in any of the promos. Interpretation, imo: Don’t invest in this contestant.

Edited to lose sigpic, and again to add: my alternate pick would be Blake.

"Jim"
Posted by blacknwhitedog on 09-14-05 at 12:17 PM
old guy
bye

"Jim"
Posted by westgirl98 on 09-14-05 at 12:19 PM
just because.......

"Jim"
Posted by Lisat723 on 09-14-05 at 01:27 PM

"previous Survivor"
Posted by zipperhead on 09-14-05 at 01:35 PM
Go ahead and call me stupid, but I don't think the silhouette in the commercials they have shown looks like BJ. Therefore, some other previous loser is cast and the defeated team will not want that person to drag them into an Ulong-style elimination.

"Jim"
Posted by chick on 09-14-05 at 01:49 PM
Sorry, Jim.....the tribe has spoken.

"Jim"
Posted by Swami on 09-14-05 at 03:24 PM
Sounds good enough to me.

"Jim"
Posted by Flipper on 09-14-05 at 06:19 PM
Going with the flow.

"Jim"
Posted by LookeeLoo on 09-14-05 at 06:40 PM
The question is, who will he target? I think it will be a female, but not Margaret. I can think of a number of reasons he would target any of the other females.

Sorry Jim, you will be perceived as the weekest link, but I would have liked to see you play.

-Loo

*waves to Sherps*

"Jim"
Posted by RudyRules on 09-14-05 at 07:59 PM
Alternate: Cindy

"Jimmy Boy"
Posted by smokedog on 09-14-05 at 08:06 PM
The old guy goes bye-bye

"Brian"
Posted by Incognito9 on 09-14-05 at 08:10 PM
Wishful thinking.

I think the Jim AND immunity idol thing at Yaxha are huge misinterpretations.

Probably wrong. Though I must admit it is AWESOME that I can wander into spoilers without a definite boot flashed before my eyes!

"Jim"
Posted by greg2557 on 09-14-05 at 08:11 PM
seems likly

"Jim"
Posted by FesterFan1 on 09-14-05 at 09:34 PM
OK, so I think we've established a few things:

1) The 11-mile hike kicks both tribes square in the ass. Probst says 4 males are on their backs exhausted after this thing. He also says it's an overnight deal and it's still very close at the end. That leads me to believe that 2 of the above men are on Nakum and 2 are on Yaxha. The 2 on Nakum would be Blake and Jim, based on Probst's comments and the TV Guide article.

2) The tribes are going to take conditioning more seriously than in prior seasons. From Probst, re: the repercussions of the hike -- "It was hard and it sent a clear message that was 'you better think twice about voting off the strong because you're afraid they will hurt you in this game. Cause without them it's only a matter of time before your tribe dwindles.'"

So, despite my earlier noise about sicklys getting a pass in E1, it seems that this season is the real deal and teams are going to keep the physically strong out of fear. I think the above quote will be as prophetic as his "gutting the strength" quote from last season.

3) Bobby Jon is back and is on Nakum. This is relevant because he was big on keeping strength last season and can speak directly about losing strength early.

4) Nakum loses the IC. Visual evidence shows the II at Yaxha camp. Ergo, someone from Nakum will be warming up the LL.

5) Based on Probst's quotes, Judd, Margaret, Danni, and Brandon are all safe for a while, and Brooke and Cindy should be safe initially. We have Corvis's tip that BJ returned tanned and thinner, so he's likely safe, as well.

That leaves Blake and Jim, both sick, both with less than stellar reviews from Jeff. Blake appears to be the sicker of the two, and I'm really torn here. What I believe will happen, though, is that while Jim isn't as fatigued as Blake, he will have a harder time fitting in. Ironically, Blake's lethargy may keep him around for now because he won't have the chance to open his yap and blow it for himself with the women (as Jeff seems to be pointing to for his downfall).

In the end, Jim's bossiness and age will do him in. The tribe will count on Blake recovering sooner and give him a break. I don't think Blake's long for this tribe, however, and he could very well be boot #2 from this tribe.

Fester

"Jim"
Posted by Ontheroadagain on 09-14-05 at 10:02 PM
Let's go with the obvious.

"Jim "
Posted by dreamerbeliever on 09-14-05 at 10:10 PM
What Fester said

"Jim"
Posted by kary1371 on 09-14-05 at 10:19 PM
Best guess at this point.

"Jim"
Posted by Krautboy on 09-14-05 at 10:31 PM
It's taken me a while to get caught up on my preseason reading, but there's been a lot of really good old fashion spoiling and analysis going on...well done!

The logic of Fester, Brownroach, Flowerpower, Corvis and Redbeard is very sound. Jim is the logical choice for first boot.

Krautboy

"HEY JIM..."
Posted by Round Robin on 09-15-05 at 01:40 AM
...it's time for you to go!

"Jim"
Posted by dabo on 09-15-05 at 02:11 AM
I'm ba-ack! Gosh, I think they filmed a Survivor in the time I was gone. Anyway, Jim seems the most certain at this point, though it is mainly spec, but good spec.

"Jim"
Posted by PenMike on 09-15-05 at 03:02 AM
Old + sick = easy boot

"Jim"
Posted by Dene on 09-15-05 at 08:09 AM

"Blake"
Posted by esquire on 09-15-05 at 09:22 AM
With them telling us Jin starts to throw up, it is too obvious to pick Jim. I'll gfo with the other sick guy - Blake

"Jim "
Posted by weecama on 09-15-05 at 01:51 PM
Just Jim ..thanks to SOTS

"Jim."
Posted by MDSkinner on 09-15-05 at 02:29 PM
Just following the crowd. I still need to learn who all of these people are.

"Jim"
Posted by Loree on 09-15-05 at 03:38 PM
I am going into this season of Survivor completely uninformed. I haven't been paying attention and don't even remember all their names yet. But Jim seems to be the popular choice.

Tonight I will finally start paying attention for another season.

"Cindy"
Posted by Whole Lotta Rosie on 09-15-05 at 03:57 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-15-05 AT 03:59 PM (EST)

Good pot odds on this one, plus OFG theory.

If Jim goes it may because he is bossy, not sick. The first 15 minutes should make it obvious.

Sorry I messed up the reply

"jim"
Posted by emydi on 09-15-05 at 04:17 PM
not really spoiling this survivor, but I have to vote, and I'll go with all my trusted pals on this one!!

Wait, who was in the eyemail

"Blake"
Posted by AyaK on 09-15-05 at 07:02 PM
Fester convinced me that either Jim or Blake is the boot. Frankly, I expect it to be Jim. But EVERYBODY has picked Jim. So ... I won't.

"Jim"
Posted by Charonna on 09-15-05 at 07:40 PM
majority says Jim... so that's what I'm going with!

"Jim"
Posted by volsfan on 09-15-05 at 07:44 PM
I'll go out on my own here!