URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID48
Thread Number: 598
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Everyone made mistakes..."

Posted by LeAnna on 09-06-05 at 01:42 AM
Yeah, that's right, everyone made mistakes, ...they all were playing a game. I really loved the show, it was addicting, probably because there were a few "characters" who I couldn't stand,.. and wanted to see them get voted out.
I think of all the people I really disliked the most, I would say Tony, Amy and Kristen would top the list for the girls and
Andon and Zack (Amy's boyfriend) for the guys. Zack somewhat redeemed himself during the marathon where he commented admitting that he knew he behaved badly. In fact, he's off my dislike list because it took guts to come back on and admit to the world he was embarrassed at the way he acted. Andon's an ##### though.

I think that there were "followers",...misguided ones that aligned themselves with the wrong people, that would be Alex, Boe and Scott. Alex and Bo had some bad moments, but in my opinion did their stupid things while being "peer" pressured by the other "originals"...somehow, because I don't see them as the ringleaders, and more as followers of the idiots, I have a soft spot for those 3.

Tony, well, it amazed me she had the guts to come back and comment on the show for the marathon that ran all day today, she has control issues and I hate people who think they have the right to get in other people's faces, or space and MAKE them listen to them rant and rage...I know someone like that, and everyone I know avoids her. ...I would have loved Tony if she didn't verbally attack anyone on the show.

Kristen and Amy, ..mmmm where would I start. Oh My God, How dare they say and assume that they have more of a right to stay at the hotel, ...just because they were there first. Geeze! Everything they accused Tara , Dave and Charla for, they themselves did, but not as good,... obviously. They are jealous freaks that are in denial that they made fools of themselves on the show. The fact they actually came back 1 and a half years later and still talked bad about the winners really cemented their place as jealous jerks.

I have to say that Zack surprised me on the comments today admitting that he made huge mistakes and so on. Of that "original group" he's the only one who is NOT so deep in denial of how badly they behaved.

I do not put Scott and Holly in that group even though they seemed to align themselves with them, they weren't obnoxious jerks like Amy, Tony, and the other originals.
Scott seemed nice, and I really liked Boe even though he made some mistakes, he was sincere and seemed so sweet... and later when he came back on the show, the only thought I had was, WOW, what a good guy that has connected himself with the wrong set of people...
Of all the comments I listened to during the marathon, I fell in love with Tara, she was the most down to earth person on the show and didn't react to some verbal abuse that was given wrongly by Tony and the others. She has a lot of poise and self respect and you can tell she knows she is better than any of the other girls, she doesn't need to debate with them about their ridiculous accusations.... IT WAS A GAME... duh...
Keith was a cutie, and I'm glad he won. He played the game, he wasn't mean to anyone. And God if any of those originals read this,....NONE OF YOU deserved to win, you behaved like jerks, ....Keith played the game, he wasn't mean,...YOU GUYS were mean jerks and made complete idiots of yourselves on national TV. What bothers me is that you didn't come on today with your comments with that right up front,..You should have said..
"oh god, I was an idiot, it was a game and I behaved badly, ...I tried to harrass people that were winning because I was jealous and didn't want them to win"...that is what you should have said!
Anyway, yeah, Keith, and Boe were cuties, ... Scott was cute too and seemed to be someone down to earth and someone I would have liked to know. ...
Charla and DAve... Well, I really liked Charla UNTIL she kept the money, every single episode I was cheering her and Tara on, and I was really disappointed at the end when she didn't share "the" money with Dave... I heard her say that other people also helped her stay in the game, but that is a rationalization, Dave is the reason she won and nothing she tells herself with change that,...and Dave, wow, how funny and entertaining he made the show, ...you know , I liked him.
I think it was sad for him how they edited the last 2 shows (and how the group ganged up on him again)... how when it got down to the last 4, that "how dare he play the game" mentality set in again, ......Yeah, I think he deserved to win, he worked hard, he had to work 10 times harder then any of the idiot "originals" because that wasn't "his" group, he is in a class by himself,.... He's smart and loyal and there are 10 other great personality qualities I saw in him that were absent in most the others. Yeah, he's not "cute" like the other guys, but his personality more than makes up for whatever you think about his looks, and we are all unique individuals, all with different strengths and weaknesses, and isn't it interesting how we put our looks above all else in qualities important to have. Looks fade, we all get old, and all we have in the end is our intellect and knowing whether or not we have lived a virtuous life. Imagine in 30 years this group of people, just imagine it.

Yeah, it bothered me the way he was treated, and for everyone to be against him at the end for "his" behavior, well, that just shows why they are idiots and why I watched the show.....to watch the people I didn't like make idiots out of themselves, and for me to enjoy tremendously that the ones I did like WIN, ...except Dave (Charla was selfish)
Again, I really enjoyed the show, I am not a TV person, but this show was interesting (I'm a psych major) and I would watch any reunion, or sequal... LeAnna

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Everyone made mistakes..."
Posted by Sonya on 12-27-05 at 03:12 PM
I would love to know who all took the trip to Vegas and how it turned out. I would love a reunion show. I want to know if Amy and Zach are still together too. When will there be another Paradise Hotel? I loved it!

Posted by Sonya on 12-28-05 at 05:44 PM
I soooo want the show to come back!

Posted by MoonLiteDreamz on 01-19-06 at 11:16 AM
LAST EDITED ON 01-19-06 AT 11:18 AM (EST)

I think they(originals) had a reason to feel threatened by Keith and Tara. Of course, to you they had no rights to feel like they're more worthy of winning than the newbies. but think about it this way.

if it was u. u were on the show for like 9/10 of it. You made friendship and love. bu then at the very end(the last 1/10), someone comes along and tears all your friends and love apart through 'strategies' and wins the game. How would you feel? so when Zach was voted out by keith, u think Amy would just go 'O. Keith you're such a smart person! I think you should win!' OF COURSE NOT. You'd expect her to be angry with Keith.

For Toni, in a bad way, you can call her a control freak. But then she can also be a 'sister' figure that people rely on. like Amy and Amanda. Someone people can talk to and suggest advise etc.and I dun see anything wrong with sticking up for your lil' siblings.

Posted by Mimi31 on 02-20-06 at 12:40 PM
Well said LeAnna!! I was going to comment, but when I read yours, it said all I would have said and more. I totally agree with you and especially what you said regarding Dave...what a great individual! He has an excellent mind and a good heart...he played the game the way it should have been played as did Keith, Scott and Tara.

I too would watch any reunion or sequel and am especially enjoying the current re-run of the show. Mimi31

Posted by ChadB on 06-10-06 at 04:24 PM
LAST EDITED ON 06-10-06 AT 04:45 PM (EST)

Good post Leanna, I agree with you mostly. I'm a defender of Charla not sharing the money. I actually have several reasons I defend her not sharing it but will for the sake of brevity just list my main one (even keeping in mind the title of your post is "everyone made mistakes..."

I agree everyone made mistakes, though at the moment I'm not thinking of a single one Keith made IMO. However I think Dave made at least one that I consider "really bad". You see there are mistakes that I consider over-lookable, and then there are mistakes I consider deal breakers. IMO Dave made a deal breaker when he what you apparently refer to as playing the game. This is why; it's one thing to play-the-game, and quite another to betray a loyalty. The fab4 had agreed they wanted THEM 4 to be the last 4 in the game. They HAD all assumed there would be a final 4 (and there was). Obviously they knew at that point the 4 of them would THEN have to play against each other. 3 of them honored that agreement Leanna, Dave broke it. He began playing against Keith and Tara when there were still 6 people there. Call it playing the game all you want, but that was a deal breaker and it would have served Dave right if Keith had then chosen Scott over Dave, don't you think? In other words, if not for the friendship of Tara and Charla, Dave may very well have cost Charla the game when he did that. Surely you noticed how upset Charla was that Dave had done it. As a TEAM I think he PROBABLY should have consulted with Charla before even contemplating such an action. His behavior had also had the possibility of driving a wedge between the one real close relationship she'd developed there.

It was supposed to be keith, tara, charla, and Dave. But in reality, as seen when charla left dave to go sleep with tara and keith, it was REALLY a trio with dave hanging on. He messed that up and alienated himself when he backstabbed keith and charla. Consider that if Dave had never done that then keith would not have had to think twice about who he was picking, scott or Dave. But because of what dave did, he DID make the decision hard for keith. Horrible mistake, $125k mistake. Charla did not alienate dave, dave did it to himself. test