URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 594
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Is Amber Next to go for Ogakor?"

Posted by IslandFever on 02-04-01 at 01:30 AM
LAST EDITED ON 02-04-01 AT 07:57 PM (EST)

There is a picture at www.ellipsiiis.com/cgi-bin/photo/photo.pl showing Ogakor without Kel and Amber. Since Jerri seems to be calling the shots and she isn't close to Amber, I could see this. I'm not happy about it, but I could logically see it happening.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Link?"
Posted by George Tirebiter on 02-04-01 at 09:32 AM
Sorry, but your non-link (why is that? no "http"?) took me to a page that only says ellipsiis • coming soon. Is there a more specific link?

"RE: Is Amber Next to go for Ogakor?"
Posted by Tracker on 02-04-01 at 06:30 PM
Keith is next. Like Jerri said in show number 1 things don't slide off of her back. She will keep festering about how Keith is useless as a chef and convince others that is the case. Right now there are 4 females to 3 males. Colby will be a "love slave" for Jerri unless Keith can knock some sense into him afterwards. But too little too late. Amber is the weak link in the dynamics. Mitchell needs to gain Amber's vote to vote against Jerri.

"RE: Is Amber Next to go for Ogakor?"
Posted by SurvivorBlows on 02-04-01 at 06:47 PM
I thought there were media reports commenting on all the weight Amber lost???

...that wouldn't seem to fit with getting booted early

"Gender mix of the merged tribe."
Posted by AyatollahKhomeini on 02-04-01 at 10:58 PM
I have a hard time believing Amber lost as much weight as has been reported unless she was ill. If she lost thirty pounds, she'd look like a Holocaust survivor.

Amber going next from Ogakor (E5?) would fit with one of the things we have supposedly been leaked: that there were more men than women in the combined tribe. If the First Four theory holds up (and it makes sense that the early info about the cast came from an E5 camera call sheet, which wouldn't have listed the booted contestants), then the last two to go before the merger must both be women.

One other leaked piece of info was that the merged tribe had more members from one of the tribes. If the First Four theory is right, then that would tell us that Kucha loses at least one of the ICs in Weeks 5 & 6. Right now, I'm presuming that the FF theory holds and that the merged tribe has 6 Ogakor and 4 Kucha, meaning only one more Ogakor has to go pre-merger.

"RE: Gender mix of the merged tribe."
Posted by SurvivorBlows on 02-04-01 at 11:05 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-04-01 AT 11:06 PM (EST)

Did the reports say she literally lost thirty pounds or just that she lost lots of weight-- for her, 15 pounds is a lot... I thought it was just comments from her friends that "she lost a bunch of weight"

...besides, think back to Dirk -- I have no clue how much he lost -- he didn't even make it to the merged tribe, so it couldn't be too much -- and remember how sickly he looked.

"Sorry, plus link"
Posted by AyatollahKhomeini on 02-04-01 at 11:24 PM
Well, now that you mention it, you're right -- the "30 pounds" was someone's speculation elsewhere. Frankly, it would probably be quite noticable if she lost as little as 5-10 pounds ... which she could certainly have done in 15 days.

Oh, by the way, the link to the picture described above is really:

Hope this helps.

"RE: Sorry, plus link"
Posted by YogiBear on 02-05-01 at 00:31 AM
They all look pretty slimmed down by there too.

"RE: About the picture of SIX Ogakors...."
Posted by Dalton on 02-05-01 at 08:23 PM
Someone help...the white/blonde female head
who is being covered by the female in blue...

Is that Tina or Maralyn???

My estimation of Jerri's plan, if she can keep
her influence, is that she won't try to knock
off another male because she needs them for
winning competitions.

Amber has been polite and docile enough to
keep around (Jerri waited until Amber
whooped and hollered over her tortillos; big
sister/little sister thingy going on there, imo.

But TINA....Tina fails challenges; Tina sings out
at TC "I deserve to be voted out"; Tina has opinions;
Tina is "older" and probably misses her kids (LOL).

I think if Jerri continues to influence the sheep
of the Ogakor Tribe; TINA will be the next to go!!

Dalton

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 02-05-01 at 09:35 PM
>Someone help...the white/blonde female head
>who is being covered by the
>female in blue...
>
>Is that Tina or Maralyn???

Tina is the woman next to Keith -- second from the left. The white haired head next to Jerri is Maralyn.

Posted by Dalton on 02-05-01 at 09:54 PM
Thanks for the info SB.

No Amber in that picture surely makes me feel
uneasy. I like Amber, she is really trying;
but now I'm worried <sigh>.

Seeing Amber get the boot so early would,
for me, be like my "OH NO, Not Gretchen!!"
reaction from S1.

Meanwhile Jerri sails to the final 7 leading
the tattered tribe of Ogakor. Big UGH.

Dalton

Posted by shakes the clown on 02-05-01 at 10:02 PM
>No Amber in that picture surely
>makes me feel
>uneasy. I like Amber, she
>is really trying;
>but now I'm worried <sigh>.
>

....how is she "really trying"???? All she does is lay around under the tent all day...oh wait, I forgot the time she got off her ass to rifle through Kel's bag.....and then there was the time she bitched about the rice...and the time she ate the tortilla. That has been the extent of "Amber contributions" to Survivor II.

She'll go as far as Jerri will let her.

Posted by Dalton on 02-05-01 at 10:45 PM
When I said Amber was "really trying" I was
referring to her willingness and general
ability to "try" in the challenges.

She hasn't screwed up her team's efforts
or turned into a cry baby (Tina) or a
scheming schrew (Jerri)....So I kinda
like her, OK????

Note: The word "contribution"; as in "Amber's",
was not made in my post.

Dalton

Posted by Minstrel on 02-05-01 at 09:46 PM
I think this is the reward challenge won by Ogakor for 2 wool blankets in E2. L-R is Kel, Tina, Colby bending over, Mitch sitting on crate and still towering over everyone standing, Maralyn behind him, and Jerri. Amber and Keith are out of frame to the right and then comes Kucha. No news here.

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 02-05-01 at 10:22 PM
Mins, I had the same thought as well -- it's defintely from a challenge -- look at those cliffs, their camp isn't near those, I'm going to pop my tape of Ep 2 in tonight and see if I can grab a screen cap or two from it and rule this image out

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 02-06-01 at 01:21 AM
Yep, it's from Ep2 Reward Challenge...

Below is a video cap of them opening the crate after winning -- notice Mitchell sitting on the crate stand, everyone but Colby (who's wandering quite a bit in the footage) in roughly the same stop as in the above still -- including Amber (back shown) being the only one who'd be sitting to the right of the crate in the above still (and therefore not shown)

Posted by tari32 on 02-06-01 at 00:29 AM
I agree min, to the left in the photo is a old miners lamp and an old-time jug. They look like props from the "Miner's Camp" in episode 2. There is a message somewhere that shows the Miner's camp as an old possible spoiler, maybe that can help.

Posted by Tracker on 02-06-01 at 06:14 PM
Plus that should be Kel's hand with the wrist band on just in the left part of that second picture. They are all there.

"Good analysis"
Posted by AyatollahKhomeini on 02-07-01 at 03:00 PM
Good work, everybody! One thing that I thought at the end of S1 but seem to have forgotten recently is that MB wasn't going to make another mistake like the "Final Seven" shot. Guess we(I?) should've learned from the "Walking on the Beach" picture in S1 about contestants being out of frame (though that picture led us to the right result, because Colleen was out of frame and then got voted off).

BTW, I think Dalton's analysis above seems logical. If a woman has to go next from Ogakor (no guarantees on this, either), Tina seems like the most likely candidate from the storyline to date.

"Society's goal is to be part of the whole. That may sound good to you, not to me." -- P.F. Sloan