URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID42
Thread Number: 591
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Did I miss something?"

Posted by ljr08 on 02-26-04 at 00:18 AM
I thought Ian made a "promise" to his brother that he would not give her a ring...and I thought he told her he was a private person and would not ask her to marry him "in this kind of setting". Also, did I miss the part where he told her he was in love with her and wanted to spend the rest of his life with her? I almost felt like I missed some episodes or was not watching the same show.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Did I miss something?"
Posted by mookiemeister on 02-26-04 at 03:36 PM
>I thought Ian made a "promise"
>to his brother that he
>would not give her a
>ring...and I thought he told
>her he was a private
>person and would not ask
>her to marry him "in
>this kind of setting".
>Also, did I miss the
>part where he told her
>he was in love with
>her and wanted to spend
>the rest of his life
>with her? I
>almost felt like I missed
>some episodes or was not
>watching the same show.

That was a few episodes ago when they visited Ian's family. Most likely between that time and the finale, Meredith was able to change Ian's mind about proposing to her. I'm glad he did propose to her though. It was a risk for her to pick Ian, but I'm glad she did and she end up with someone she's more passionate about.

Dave

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Einstein

Posted by minkey on 02-26-04 at 04:05 PM
First, I totally support Meredith and Ian. That said... I couldn't help but imagine Ian's brother shattering the TV with his martini glass when Ian whipped out the ring.

Posted by SilverStar on 02-26-04 at 04:15 PM
I think it was a totally spur of the moment thing. He said that he didn't want to deny her something he knew she really wanted and I thought that was so sweet! Maybe he would have liked to do it in private, but Meredith wanted it done on TV and he did it for her. I did notice however, that he never actually said "I love you" to her (that we saw at least). But he did say it to the camera in a confessional.
SilverStar
Proud Member RBBRTFHLA

Posted by qwertypie on 02-26-04 at 08:21 PM
Ummm Ya, I totally agree with you -- it did seem out of character for him. Hey don't get me wrong -- I am a big romantic mush at heart, but I appreciated his seemingly practical grasp on what true love and committment entails. He seemed to realize that you can't just tell that in a few weeks totally isolated from every day hum drum life if the bond you have is strong enough to last. I was disappointed when he proposed -- and I wish them well, but I'll be surprised if it lasts.