URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 5868
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Survivor Palau Insider, Episode 8"

Posted by SurvivorShrine on 04-09-05 at 08:20 PM
http://www.survivorshrine.com/s10/survivor_insider/episode08.shtml

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Survivor Palau Insider, Episode 8"
Posted by KLicK on 04-09-05 at 09:51 PM
Thanks for that! The interaction between Gregg and Coby is probably pretty significant in terms of what may happen this week:

Coby: We could ruin Tom, Ian and Katie’s alliance, even if we just took out Katie first.

Gregg: Isn’t Katie someone you want to go up against though? Like bring her to the Final Four and go against her?

Coby: That’d probably be smart, but I just can’t stand that she didn’t do anything. It drives me out of my mind.

Gregg: Yeah, but dude - the fact that people don’t do anything – don’t let that fog your judgment and the numbers in this game and how to win this.

Gregg: (To Coby) I don’t want to get locked into any strategy just yet. I think a good strategy is to just be patient, and watch things happen and see where you can really make your move. That’s the one thing that worries me, was talking too much too early.

Gregg (Confessional): I just wanted to let him know, like hey man, I’m still a potential ally, keep me open and don’t write me off yet. But any sort of talk that we have before we really have to make a move just puts any strategy we have at risk.

Posted by Flowerpower on 04-10-05 at 07:43 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-10-05 AT 07:45 AM (EST)

Wow, very enlightening stuff with Gregg. He is quite intelligent. Seems to keep re-evaluating as time passes, which I think is a great thing. He's questioning talking too much, too early...smart guy. It really sounds as if he wants to definately keep Coby as an ally, yet I definately think his strategy revealed earlier has most definately changed...which is good, it had to with lazy, want-to-go-home Janu. I get a sense that he's scrambling though...should be interesting to see how his strategy evolves, especially considering the next 2 boots.

ETA: I wonder if he has been conspiring with Katie...I think so! He's got her penciled in to make F4...we know the evil Katie will cut him loose later! Wonder if he'll be as shocked as Leanne was?

Thanks for bringing this over,

fp

Posted by Scarlett O Hara on 04-10-05 at 09:14 AM
Two strategies revealed here ...

First, Gregg's strategy of aligning with Coby and advising him to keep Katie in the game as opposed to Tom or Ian because she would be easier to compete against down the road. That could well explain how Katie makes it to the Final Four. (Hopefully though, because this is revealed to us ... Katie WON'T end up in the F-4!)

Second, Jenn's strategy as revealed to us by Caryn -- look beautiful at all costs. Remember at the very beginning of the game when she said she had every intention of using her beauty and flirting to stay in the game longer? That is another strategy revealed.

... and how does the saying go? Strategies revealed do not succeed ...

Posted by kingfish on 04-10-05 at 11:53 AM
My instant reaction is to this comment;

"Gregg: (To Coby) I don’t want to get locked into any strategy just yet. I think a good strategy is to just be patient, and watch things happen and see where you can really make your move. That’s the one thing that worries me, was talking too much too early."

Here he is talking, at this time, about the one thing that worries him, not talking too much too early. Moves me to quote an item from the (yet to be published) Survivor's Handbook:

It does not bode well for a survivor who discusses a strategy that can be defeated by being discussed.

From the handbook of "The Bloody Obvious".