URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 5862
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Stephenie, the wolf in sheeps clothing..."

Posted by Flowerpower on 04-08-05 at 09:18 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-05 AT 09:22 AM (EST)

Didn't know whether or not to start a thread for this, but decided in favor of it, as with Mersaydeez this year, there is not as much to ponder. At any rate, I found it fascinating that in confessional, after Tom and Ian had discussed their final 4 of Ian, Tom, Katie, and Stephenie, Tom said "Stephenie, she's like a wolf in sheeps clothing!"

Remember Snewser had the wolf in sheeps clothing when he made his statement, in the end, all will be wrong!!!! Now I know that Mersaydeez is the spoiling QUEEN this year, as is our own BIANCA!, but I must say this raised some serious red flags for me. Could Steph end up going farther then any of us think, despite the Mersaydeez spoiler? After all, Snewser is still "the King"! Will Mersaydeez be off just a bit? Remember Steph noting on the pringles that girls won more often than men?
Sure looks to me like the editing is taking a huge swing in her direction! GO STEPHENIE!!!!!! What do you make of this!?

Snewser....will you please come to our boards and answer this question, ARE YOU EPMB in Snewser clothing????

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Stephenie, the wolf in sheeps clothing..."
Posted by samboohoo on 04-08-05 at 09:21 AM
I also found it very interesting that when Bobby Jon was leaving he said something (and they showed the words) to the effect of "Win this thing." Key quote?

Crowned by Pooh. Decorated by Syren

Posted by laniking on 04-08-05 at 09:27 AM
If history is any indication, this is simply misdirection. Remember Kathy O'Brien and her editing? -lani

Posted by katethegreat on 04-08-05 at 09:41 AM
I think Steph is getting a "winner's" edit, and I hope Mersaydeez is wrong. Re: Kathy - she made the final three, so her edit drew you in to the final episode. Per Mersaydeez, Steph is not in the final three.

Posted by laniking on 04-08-05 at 11:32 AM
I dont see that kind of editing as a sure thing. They edited Rupert the same way and he got booted twice. And if the editing was an indication, why was vecepia so absent most of the season? I think they edit for drama and ratings. Those players we like alot and those we love to hate get the most air time. Those like V, dont get alot of camera time, but still may end up with $million. -lani

Posted by kary1371 on 04-08-05 at 12:56 PM
As VS has pointed the season when V won was edited diffently and cannot really be compared to other season...

(see the editing tread)

Posted by laniking on 04-08-05 at 01:01 PM
do you have the link to the editing thread? Perhaps they are editing this season differently from all the rest. just my .02. -lani

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 04-08-05 at 01:14 PM
Just look for threads started by VerucaSalt... there's two of them -- one is a 205-post monster and the other is a new one just started up today to continue the thoughts of the original one.

Don't forget to bring a cup of coffee and lunch/dinner with you -- it'll take that long to go through the big editing thread!

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

Posted by Flowerpower on 04-08-05 at 09:49 AM
Oh, I also forgot to mention....remember Jiffy said that what you do in the first couple of days could end up helping you out on day 23 and day 33!(or something to that effect). In my opinion, the only one that this could refer to is Stephenie. She must make it past day 23(which we know that she will), and she must make it past day 33, which takes us to ep 12, and the final 5. I think Steph is going to last longer than F7!

Posted by Brownroach on 04-08-05 at 11:52 AM
I was looking at that quote again yesterday.

What we haven't done is giving them no information. Almost always we give them some, here's the lay of the land, here's tribe A and tribe B, map of the water. This time I literally show up and say, "there's your beach, have a good time". What we want to do in each season is find one way to tweak the show that keeps them off balance. Not major restructuring, just tilt them a little bit. By not giving them any information... It doesn't sound like a whole lot but it pays off in the first few days then it pays off on day 23 or day 33...

First of all, we know from past experience that JP doesn't try to be totally accurate when he says stuff like this. He is talking about the merits of keeping the contestants off-balance, he's not talking about anyone specific.

What we saw at the end of last night and will see at the beginning of next week with Stephenie qualifies perfectly as such an event occurring "on Day 23" -- okay so it's on Day 21/22, not 23, but clearly this is what he's talking about. She's all by herself and doesn't know what's coming next.

And, he says "OR" Day 33. So it doesn't mean anything else is necessarily going to happen later.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Posted by aethelstan on 04-12-05 at 10:44 AM
What "pays off" for Steph on Day 23 is that she "in the first few days" made overtures of an alliance with Tom and Ian. It "pays off" because she doesn't get voted off on Day 23(ish), that is, this next episode.

jmho.

İForged by RolldDice, 2004
It is unbecoming for a Cardinal to ski badly --John Paul II

Posted by biancaxxx on 04-08-05 at 12:35 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-05 AT 12:37 PM (EST)

No disrespect to Snewser, but I would be surprised if he knew at ep 2 that Tom was going to say that about Steph in a confessional in ep 8. I think it's just a coincedence, and it's a well-known phrase that is said all the time. Unless of course his sources described Steph in that manner too.

That's just my 2 cents lol.

Posted by kary1371 on 04-08-05 at 01:01 PM
I have to agree with you as far as Snewser is concerned, even if he has inside info, I don't think he would be aware of a specific statement so long in advance.

As far as Stephanie staying longer than Mersaydeez said, I think it is possible that let's say Jen and her were switched in the order. That would still make her right for most of the game...

Posted by ginger on 04-08-05 at 01:03 PM
Perhaps the wolf gets devoured, pretty darn quickly, by the sheep. That would be where the "wrong" comes in - thinking that the wolf would conquer.

The wolf being Steph, that is.

Posted by Brownroach on 04-08-05 at 01:11 PM
I agree, Bianca, I was just reading all the breathless posts at Sucks that Stephenie must be the winner, LOL.

It's a very common expression. Nothing to get all jumpy about.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Posted by Alchemist on 04-08-05 at 02:58 PM
Or so we're supposed to think. "Stratagies revealed" again?

Alchemist

Posted by Debberz13 on 04-08-05 at 06:11 PM
Here is the original post by Snewser posted on 2/24

Everyone is wrong in the long run.

Some will be ducking for cover tomorrow night.

Others will initially appear heroes, but beware.

Don't know if it means anything but the name of the pic file name is wolf4sheep.

FP I too think this is something we shouldn't ignore. I think we need to watch how well Steph gets along with Katie (Mer says that Katie and Jenn don't like her) and we need to watch and see if Tom and Ian take her right back in the fold.

But most of all if Steph doesn't leave in EP. 11 then we will know for sure this was important.

Posted by Puffy on 04-09-05 at 04:34 PM
Steph deserves to be one of the final 2. Now the Korors should fight for the othe final 2 spot.

İSyren Creations, 2005

Posted by ohboy on 04-12-05 at 10:12 AM
I think that they are giving Steph a Rupert edit. Who knows we may have another vote for a second million . She is a winner and has probably won America's hearts with her determination and hard work. I hope she makes it far but I doubt the editing is leading us anywhere.

In general Korror has gotten far less face time that Ulong just because they keep winning and less drama. I don't know how long Steph will last if she is smart than she will stick with Tom cause if she starts wishy washing she is gone.

Posted by laniking on 04-12-05 at 11:10 AM
...that's what I'm SAYING!!! ... lol I stand by my original statement that they are editing her playing because she is the best player to ever be on such a loosing tribe as this. The first to spend a night alone on an island (albeit there were camera men and other staff there). The first to have to completely rely on herself and noone else. AND she's a woman! just MHO. -lani