URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 5848
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"EP. 8: What we know, what we don't know"

Posted by bobscure on 04-03-05 at 11:49 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-03-05 AT 02:27 PM (EST)

We see lots of pics of the tribes at camp. We see very few pics of Gregg and many reused pics of BJ - at GFC, chopping wood, competing in the IC, walking back from the IC, and by a fire. We hear Tom talk about rats, Coby complain about the girls' laziness and Steph saying "It's like being alone out here." We see no pics of anyone enjoying the reward and we see lots of pics of Steph by herself.

We know Ulong has been pathetic but the point this season has been trying to make is to not vote out your strongest players. They're finally down to the 2 that have been their strongest players. Even the web promo asks "Can the mighty beat the many?". What's the moral of the story if these 2 lose?

We see both tribes in the segment after the IC. That rarely happens. Usually the focus is on the losing, scheming tribe with no screen time given to the victorious tribe. As I mentioned, we see Koror scheming and we see an upset Coby. We see Ulong walking. They appear to look downtrodden but look closer. Annoyed is a good word as well. They were expecting a merge and looked very happy earlier. I'm thinking Steph doesn't want to spend another night alone with the caveman.

Look at the pics of them walking. They look like consecutive pics, but look at the surrounding foliage - it's near, it's far. They're not consecutive pics. Take a closer look. BJ's hauling the tribe flag. In many of the pics, Steph's arm is straight, as though she's carrying something. Apparently she is carrying something, but it's been cropped out. I've found pieces and I think evidence of tampering. Also, in a few pics it appears that Steph is carrying nothing and BJ has both hands occupied.

Here's the original pic. If you look closely you can see Steph's right hand closed around something.

Here's a lighter, clearer pic. There appears to be a bulbous object extending out in front of her hand.

Here's a close-up. You can see a square pixelated box directly below her hand. In the digital photo editing programs I'm familiar with, cropping tools cut out square or rectangular areas.:

The foliage is the same in these 2 pics. In the first pic most of Steph's arm is straight. The rest has been cut off.

I see something in her left hand this time:

Here the lower half of BJ is offset and too large:

I'm hoping somebody else can confirm the pics have been tampered with, but from what I can see, all the pics of them walking have fuzzy hands and offset or missing appendages. I've more pics but will have to add them later.

ETA: The perils of posting and running... I was 4 miles away from home when I realized I forgot what may be the most important link.

We know the II is not large. It's also pretty flat and can easily be cropped from a pic. I may well be wrong, but the top 2 pictures of Steph looks like she has her hand through the II's arm with the head extending out in front. Here's a side view from the first episode to compare:

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Greg = BJ?"
Posted by mavsfan on 04-03-05 at 07:34 PM
Is there a chance Mersaydeez's informer got Greg and BJ confussed?

I know the Outfront Girl Theory has been discussed many times, but I'm not as up on it as I could be. Doesn't the OFG theory say that the person going home is "in the promos, but not THE SUBJECT of the promo's". That is to say, that if the promo's Feature BJ, then he's probably safe this week.

So, I'm back to Mersaydeez spoiler that lead Mersaydeez to CONCLUDED BJ leaves pre-merge - This week.

I still thinking of the BJ 'ate like he was starving when he got home' spoiler.

"RE: Greg = BJ?"
Posted by bobscure on 04-03-05 at 08:16 PM
Mavs, I may be full of hot air but I think that if BJ is not voted out mer's source may have speculated why Steph spent the night alone. It makes sense somebody would speculate BJ was voted out so she went back alone. It makes sense. I beleive it may happen.

I also believe the many BJ spoilers stem from this incident. If you heard somebody spent the night alone wouldn't you want to know how that happened? That's never happened. Further, from what we've seen in past seasons, it could never happen. What if the person answering you doesn't know for sure or has their info 2nd hand?

Anyhoo, if it happens I think it's Coby not Gregg. Corvis has Coby as being the most in danger and in the vidcaps Coby even looks like he's in trouble.

Posted by I_AM_HE on 04-03-05 at 08:23 PM
I'd agree Coby is in more trouble than Gregg, but everyone *has* been commenting on the G/J pair, even Coby, and I think if Tom offered him Gregg's place, he'd take it. That's if Gregg hasn't been confused with BJ, as mavs speculates. Not that I think it matters much, because I agree with you about the likely implications of Steph spending the night alone. And if, as is by far the most likley, G/BJ haven't been switched up, I'm not sure why Caryn still wouldn't be the prime target on Koror

Posted by volsfan on 04-03-05 at 08:35 PM
bob, I am not following you here.

Do you believe Steph ever spends a night alone? Because, if Koror loses this time around there will still be two people on Ulong.

Posted by bobscure on 04-03-05 at 09:14 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-03-05 AT 09:21 PM (EST)

Vols, yes absolutely I think she does spend the night alone but it may be because BJ is enjoying an overnight reward and we do not know what the RC reward is or who won.

If you had a juicy bit of gossip, for Survivor purposes, say where somebody allegedly hid his matches, somebody catching a shark, or somebody spending the night alone, wouldn't you be itching to tell somebody? What if the person you told asked you how that the heck that happened and while you weren't sure, you had a good idea so you offered that explanation.

In the unlikely event this this scenario plays out this way, it does not mean the majority of the mersaydeez spoiler is incorrect. Coby, Janu, BJ, and Steph could still be the people eliminated at 10, 9, 8, and 7, but it's 7 original Koror not 8. It's still a great spoiler and I would not be surprised if there were no aberration. What brought me to post this thread are anomalies in the pics I've not noticed before and per a post I made a few days ago, there are holes in the vidcap story right where I'd expect them to be.

ET: Clarify and change the match hider's name.

Posted by volsfan on 04-03-05 at 09:29 PM
Gotcha!

The RC is the gross food challenge and I guess BJ could win. I wish we knew how it plays out. If one at a time goes and Steph/BJ have to rotate going; it is going to be really difficult for either one of them to do it. But we don't know that.

Thanks for the clarification.

Posted by watermelon on 04-04-05 at 12:14 PM
This could be a long shot and I'm usually not confident enough to post on the spoilers board! But... could the gross food challenge be for individual reward? Personally, I think it's unfair that for every Koror member that eats 1 gross thing, BJ and Steph have to eat it 4 times. I'm pretty good at eating gross things, but quantity is a big deal - gross foods in small amounts are easy to manage, but when you have to do it over and over... very hard!

Anyway, maybe if BJ wins individual reward, he gets to go somewhere, leaving Steph alone for the night. Then, at the next IC, maybe they finally win and Koror have to vote someone out! I hope something like this happens - I want them to win now!

"Something to munch on"
Posted by mavsfan on 04-03-05 at 11:54 PM
Let's say for the moment, the pictures you've posted are in fact digitally altered.

Why would it be altered? To hide Steph carrying the immunity Idol back?
Too,

<< What if the person you told asked you how that the heck that
<< happened and while you weren't sure, you had a good idea so
<< you offered that explanation.

I'm always struck when I stop to ask directions, that the person I'm asking will almost always give me directs regardless of if they really know or not. I would not be shocked if Mersaydeez source, in an attempt to be helpful, guessed at some of the facts. (Steph and Ibe compete in fire building for immunity).

If this challenge is a multi stage challenge, Steph may very well compete heads up against someone for immunity (Greg? Colby? Janu?) and beat them. Sending a Koror home instead of BJ. I don't know how we get Steph alone unless next week there's a vague "Pick a player as a Rep" and BJ (ambassador) is taken away without Steph knowing why or for how long. She spends the night alone freaking out, before the merge.

Posted by Brownroach on 04-04-05 at 11:17 AM
I know the Outfront Girl Theory has been discussed many times, but I'm not as up on it as I could be. Doesn't the OFG theory say that the person going home is "in the promos, but not THE SUBJECT of the promo's". That is to say, that if the promo's Feature BJ, then he's probably safe this week.

If the promo heavily features someone as being *in danger*, that person is almost certainly safe. Otherwise, I don't think OFG theory says the bootee can't be front and center in the promo. And with only two people on Ulong now, it'd be kind of hard to not show both of them extensively.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

"RE: EP. 8: What we know, what we don't know"
Posted by I_AM_HE on 04-03-05 at 08:17 PM
hmm, a couple of those pics do look slightly suspicious, but i'm no vidcap expert. i'd love for you to be right, but i don't think it's conclusive enough that i wouldn't accept any argument that says there's nothing fishy. the other spoilers sadly seem to indicate Ulong loses yet again and BJ goes, and i'd still say that's more likely. but again, i hope you're right. this is doubt i like.

"RE: EP. 8: What we know, what we don't know"
Posted by knuckles487 on 04-04-05 at 02:37 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-05 AT 02:45 AM (EST)

Pardon this post. I asked a stupid ? but then figured it out. Sorry.