URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID77
Thread Number: 584
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Dharma Orchid Station video!"

Posted by zombiebaby on 07-31-07 at 09:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Umnw0MN0ELs&NR=1

Interesting!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Dharma Orchid Station video!"
Posted by trigirl on 07-31-07 at 02:33 PM
Soooooooo Cool!

Dr. Edgar Hallowax? Candle to Hallowax?

Flashed images include DeGroot, Hanso's office in Copenhagen, text "God loves you as he loved Jacob" and someone riding a bike across the Dharma compound.

There are two identical rabbits and they must be kept apart. We had heard the twins on the raft that took Walt were important, but there have not been any twin themes since.

They mention "the shift". Time shift perhaps?

Posted by zombiebaby on 07-31-07 at 03:14 PM
Did you see it? The "time shift"? There was something right before the 2nd rabbit appeared. Like the rabbit fell from the sky.

Also I saw someone else noticed his arm! No fake arm!

A PhoenixMons Creation

"Time Shift"
Posted by trigirl on 08-02-07 at 08:46 AM
I did a screen cap of the image at 1:23 that dropped but can't figure out how to save it as a *.jpg. Silly me! I can only cut it into a Word document.

It looks like an upside down lab beaker filled with milk.

"Screen Caps"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 09-03-07 at 12:45 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-03-07 AT 12:53 PM (EST)

What I did was to press "PrtScr" and then pasted it into Photoshop for editing and then saving as .jpg -- Paint also works for this kind of thing if you don't have Photoshop.

My only beef is that there's never any closed-captioning on any of the YouTube videos so I could understand what's being said!

Here's the lab beaker:

Also I noticed a few other images and wondered if they made sense to anyone else or just happened to be random images thrown in?

At 0:39 ...

At 0:49 ...

At 1:09 ...

At 1:43 ... this image was upside down, I've rotated it

Posted by Ice 9 on 07-31-07 at 05:02 PM
The other thing Candle/Wickmund/Hallowax mentions is the island's "Casimir Effect", which I looked up. I'm no physicist, so it read like "blah, blah, blah, blah, WORMHOLE, blah, blah, blah, blah, ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELD, blah, blah, blah." So it has something to do with electromagnetic fields that cause wormholes?

At any rate, I've seen conjecture that what Hallowax was going to do in the video was to demonstrate the time travel (displacement?) aspect of The Orchid, only someone set the time incorrectly and the two rabbits wound up in the same space at the same time, which, so I'm told, is bad...very bad.

If this is true, then it kind of supports the theory that Adam and Eve (the two skeletons in the caves found in season 1) are really Kate and Jack, who eventually "went back" at Jack's urging, only well before the crash of flight 815. 50-100 years before.

BTW, I was at Comic Con and have a bunch of notes that I've been trying to formulate into a post. DL & CC had lots of juicy tidbits to share...

Posted by zombiebaby on 07-31-07 at 05:23 PM
Ooh exciting! I am anxiously awaiting your report!

I am thrilled that they released this video. It seems like they are giving away a lot though doesn't it?

One more of J
Slice's Awesome Creations!

Posted by CTgirl on 07-31-07 at 08:37 PM
Thanks for posting that zombie. I wonder how many more tidbits DL & CC will release before next winter? Little bits to keep us interested - that would be great. I don't think the film gave away much more than we already knew from Kate and Jack. My guess is that time shifting will be the theme for season 4.

I also rewatched the training films for The Swan and The Pearl on Youtube. I could get sucked in and watch youtube all night! Another cool video is the one where someone edited together everything that happened during the crash from all the different perspectives.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gIAqPCp1lb8

Summertime by Sharnina

Posted by trigirl on 08-02-07 at 08:33 AM
Thanks for the link CTGirl. That is such an amazing compilation...extremely well edited. Love it!

"whoa!"
Posted by zombiebaby on 05-23-08 at 07:55 PM
I just watched that link that CT girl has up and are Jack and Kate wearing the same clothes at the press conference that they are in the crash?

A PhoenixMons Creation

"RE: whoa!"
Posted by CTgirl on 05-25-08 at 11:44 AM
No, Kate has on a green suit (it was a dark color on the plane) and Jack has on a blazer instead of a suit and tie.

I love Youtube. You can find almost anything on it! Here's the press conference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vINXZtplCrg

Posted by michel on 08-06-07 at 02:48 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-06-07 AT 03:13 PM (EST)

A crude explanation for the Casimir effect is as follows: Vacuum still contains electromagnetic waves of all possible wavelengths. Even in vacuum, the lowest energy level isn't 0 even if it is considered as such.

Put 2 uncharged, parallel metallic plates in this vacuum. What happens is that not all wavelengths can fit inside the plates. Only the waves that have an exact number of crests and troughs that fit between the plates can exist, all others have destructive interference.

As the gap between the plates is made smaller, fewer waves can contribute to the energy density inside the plate. The energy density inside the plates gets lower than the energy density of the surrounding "empty space", thus appearing as negative energy. The result is a tiny force trying to pull the plates together.

For faster than light travel, a space that is in a negative energy state could conceivably have (or be?) a stable wormhole.

On the island, it seems they've imagined that the extreme electromagnetic field is enough to make the Casimir effect felt at the macroscopic level rather than only at the microscopic one. Since the Casimir effect is only felt inside a contained space, it would imply that the island is (or was) indeed contained inside a "bubble", probably by its own electromagnetic field.

Since we are dealing with Quantum and Particle Physics, the reason to keep the two rabbits apart could also involve Matter/Antimatter. This could explain the recovery of flight 815 and the outside world thinking they are all dead. It would be a sort of "Hawking Effect": Particles seem to escape from a black hole when, in reality, it is one half of a matter/antimatter couple that avoids the boundary of the black hole while its counterpart gets absorbed. The boundary here, instead of a black hole, would be the electromagnetic field. Dharma may thought they had found a way to shift the boundary. Maybe they weren't as good as they thought and it led to the catastrophic event that required pushing the numbers. For flight 815, the bodies recovered would be the matter half and our Losties are part of the antimatterial world. That would explain why Jack would want to get the hell out of that future.

"Casimir force"
Posted by blacknwhitedog on 08-07-07 at 09:21 AM
weird- this was just in the news

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070806/sc_afp/britainsciencelevitation_070806132733

2005 PhoenixMons

"Thanks!"
Posted by moonbaby on 08-02-07 at 08:06 PM
The thing that fell kinda looked like a milk bottle to me. I think the appearing time bunny knocked it off the shelf.

"Bump"
Posted by trigirl on 05-23-08 at 11:56 AM
Figured it was worth refreshing our memory!

bouncey by Ice

"RE: Bump"
Posted by Chez on 05-27-08 at 06:59 AM
I was watching some of the "extras" from the Season 3 DVD set over the weekend, and found the orchid video is in there, FWIW. So excited - just 2 more days to the finale!!