URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID9
Thread Number: 583
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Cowboy crying...."

Posted by SpeedRacer1125 on 09-01-04 at 06:54 PM
Why does this dude cry so much? When he was crying when he was on the phone last night, he looked like such a goofus. What is wrong with him? I can't believe no one said anything about this. He cries more than a three year old.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Being away from your kids"
Posted by IceCat on 09-01-04 at 07:02 PM
Especially when they're young is hard on the kids and it's hard on the parents. I'm not afraid to say that I teared up when the little boy started crying when he was talking to his dad.

Far better to shed the odd tear from time to time than to be a 'man', bottling things up, and then dying from a heart attack at age 50.

I have to partially agree, however. A lot of pretty minor stuff seems to set Cowboy off.

Cowboy: Oh no... <sob>... I burnt the toast!

Cowboy: Oh Gawd... <sniffle>... The toilet paper is on the spool the wrong way!

"RE: Being away from your kids"
Posted by syren on 09-01-04 at 07:48 PM
I agree with Icecat....being away from your kids is hard of both sides, I cried with CB, not just a little either....I saw him for the first time in a different light....kinda liked him for about 10 minutes...lol
But he does cry over some silly stuff, that most wouldn't..but who am I kidding...I cry when I get a sappy card.....

"RE: Cowboy crying...."
Posted by Coconut on 09-01-04 at 10:03 PM
Commercials make me cry, and I tear up when I leave my baby at day care, but I still think Cowboy is a weenis.

patiently waiting for the Buggy kudos.

Posted by vixie on 09-01-04 at 11:04 PM
LOL>>>me too! I cry at everything! And don't let me see anyone get an award for anything...I mean anything, do you hear me! It even drives ME Nuts! I mean I'm a constant embarassment to my daughter who laughs at me when I cry at commercials and cartoons. In fact, I cried twice...yes, I said it, twice in Disney's Tarzan. Sue me! I leak!

Posted by Surveysez on 09-02-04 at 00:24 AM
And what is wrong with crying during cartoons? I cried when Baggie supposedly died at SherKan's paws in the original disney Jungle Book.

AND - 50 first dates - when the end came on and she came out on the boat and Sandler said "Go meet your Mommy". To think of never remembering your daughter or her birth or growing up had me crying like a baby. Fortunately, Vixie, my daughter cries with me.

Posted by motormouth on 09-02-04 at 02:37 PM
Since we're all admitting to our crybaby ways, I guess I'll share. Uncle Buck? Cry.Every.Time. Only at the end though.

*Don't even get me started on country music videos*

"I teared up (just a little)"
Posted by KScott on 09-02-04 at 08:51 AM
LAST EDITED ON 09-02-04 AT 11:43 AM (EST)

But like Coco, I too think he is still a weenie...

ETA: My Bad, I think CB is a Weenis. I like that better than weenie anyway.

- Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"

"RE: I teared up (just a little)"
Posted by vixie on 09-02-04 at 10:16 AM
Okay you guys, I'll go along that at least some of the time CB is a weenie. (So does that make him a cocktail weenie?)Geeesh!

Posted by Surveysez on 09-02-04 at 10:54 AM
No, if you check, Coco thinks CB is a weenis. Perhaps that is a double weenie?

Let's all have a sing along and do the Oscar Meyer song.

...I'll start "Oh I wish I was...

Posted by RealityAddict on 09-02-04 at 10:59 AM
"...a CBS weener!"

Posted by vixie on 09-02-04 at 11:30 AM
that is(SWAT) I'd truly like to beee

"sissies"
Posted by RyrieRae on 09-02-04 at 12:37 PM
Well, Speedracer, it seems that no one else will side with you, so I will. I laugh so freakin hard EVERY TIME they show him cry. What a sap! I personally believe that people who wear their emotions on their sleeves are very weak. It is dangerous to become that vulberable to people. I would rather die of a heart attack at 50 than be taken advantage of my whole life because people know they can push my buttons. Hiding emotions is a sign of strength, as it takes a lot of will to do so.

"Don't get me wrong...."
Posted by KScott on 09-02-04 at 12:44 PM
I LMAO everytime CB cries, I just can relate to when he was talking to the kid..

- Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"

"RE: sissies"
Posted by RealityAddict on 09-02-04 at 02:06 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-02-04 AT 03:24 PM (EST)

> I personally believe that
>people who wear their emotions
>on their sleeves are very
>weak. It is dangerous
>to become that vulberable to
>people. I would rather
>die of a heart attack
>at 50 than be taken
>advantage of my whole life
>because people know they can
>push my buttons. Hiding
>emotions is a sign of
>strength, as it takes a
>lot of will to do
>so.

I think hiding emotions is not a sign of strength, but a sign of weakness...a person who is too scared to allow themselves to open up. I would rather cry a little and live to be 100, IMHO. Now, granted, I do think CB seems to cry quite a lot for a guy...especially being on national tv. BUT, I'm not in that house so I have no idea what he's going through. I think it's sweet that he was moved to tears when talking to Chason.

edited to fix grammar

Posted by syren on 09-02-04 at 02:52 PM
Addict I agree..He cries tooo much....However I can tell you that I cry alot...emotions on my sleeve....However I am not weak far from it...Most people that know me would tell you if anything I am to strong willed and determined....but I cry alot..like vixie said I leak......lol

Posted by Captain_Savem on 09-02-04 at 06:15 PM

I agree with you, to a degree. I think that people who can't control their emotions at all, are weak. Whether it is joy, sorrow, or anger (especially anger). That being said, there's nothing wrong with crying when talking to you kid whom you haven't seen in over a month. There is something wrong with crying because you lost HOH. Big difference. To me, Diane is just as weak as Cowboy because it doesn't take much to set her off. Holly, Jase, and Scott got a big kick out of it, that's why they f'd with her so much. I almost wish they would come back because she's a bitch and is getting on my last nerve. So yes, not being able to control your emotions is a sign of weakness, not because being scared to show your true feelings, but because some people in this world will take that emotion and use it against you.

Courtesy of Slice & Dice Chop Shop ©2004 All Rights Reserved U.C.B. Local #69

"Incomplete philosophy"
Posted by IceCat on 09-02-04 at 07:31 PM
'Hiding emotions is a sign of strength, as it takes a lot of will to do so.'

Not if the hiding of the emotions is motivated by a fear of those emotions. True strength lies in being willing to feel the full breadth and depth of your emotions but to not let them cause you to do things that are hurtful to yourself or others.

Balance in all things...

Posted by vixie on 09-02-04 at 07:37 PM
Just for the record, Rae, SOME people who wear their hearts on their sleves MAY be weak. However, like I said above, I cry at the drop of a hat for joy, movies, cartoons, commercials, etc. Nevertheless, I've been a shrewd businesswoman most of my over 50 years, even when I was suffering psychologically. I not only held my own in the business world, I've had many powerful men commend me for being a worthy advesary.
BUT, I don't think Cowboy is one of the shrewd ones. I'm just sayin...

Posted by txmomma26 on 09-02-04 at 02:28 PM
I can totally understand crying over talking to your kid, but you've got a point SpeedRacer....CB cries over damn near anything. I'm guessing his mama forgot to tell him that real cowboys don't cry over spilled milk! ;)