URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID58
Thread Number: 578
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Jesus make-over"

Posted by DonnaLynn on 07-06-05 at 02:14 PM
Holy Cow! I couldn't believe the make-over on last nights Average Joe! I can't remember his name, but he the one they all say looks like Jesus. Underneath the long hair and beard, he really is a cutie!

I can't wait til the made-over guys come back onto the show... Anyway, just wondering what everyone else thought of the make-over last night and if anyone had any thoughts...

--Donna :~)

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Jesus make-over"
Posted by Reeflex7 on 07-06-05 at 02:25 PM
That segment last night was basically a Cliff Notes version of Queer Eye. They picked the right dude. Those are always the most interesting makeovers, the ones with the long hair and beards and then POOF, all of a sudden you get to see the face underneath all of that. He did look a lot better.

Posted by bullzeye on 07-06-05 at 03:55 PM
I agree - underneath all of that was a pretty good looking dude. Interesting what the life coach said about him hiding behind his appearance - wonder if there is any truth to that and whether he will revert back in the weeks/months ahead?

Posted by BlueLies on 07-06-05 at 05:48 PM
It was a great improvement, however, I think he needed a better haircut. He's so down in the dumps all the time. Even if he was a hunk, he wouldn't attract much being that way ALL the time. Makes me want to shake, then slap then punch the casting director... oh, then do that again and say, what were you thinking?

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 07-07-05 at 09:22 AM
Didn't you see this one coming a mile away???

The minute they announced there would be makeovers I knew that he would be one of those chosen.

The makeover will however not change him. He is what he is. You can dress a pig in sheeps clothing but a pig is still a pig. (Not that Joshua is a pig).

Actually, I thought Joshua was a funny guy. I didn't get the impression he was always down in the dumps.

I think Dante will be the one to get a makeover this week. He's the David Daschal of this season and didn't David Daschal go when there were 7. Of those left he is the most obvisious makeover choice. Also, the previews showed a bigger man having a makever - the magician and Jesus do not qualify for that.

Who knows, I get the impression that there will be some surprise makeovers.

Posted by woiwod on 07-07-05 at 11:04 AM
I agree, I think Dante will be one of the makeovers. He sure could use some making over. I think he is a nice guy who looks weird on purpose. Maybe the producers want him to look that way so they can show what a difference a makeover can do. Once made over, I think he will have a run at the prize.....

Also I was glad that they didn't choose to makeover Igor. He has a totally rude and disgusting personality.

Posted by BlueLies on 07-07-05 at 01:00 PM
Just getting Dante different rims and a better haircut would do wonders.

Yeah, Momma raised Igor to have too much pride or whatever we call it in his case.

Posted by Sandra on 07-07-05 at 01:20 PM
>Yeah, Momma raised Igor to have too much pride
>or whatever we call it in his case.

I think the word you're looking for is "ego." ;)

Sandy

Posted by tamarama on 07-07-05 at 02:34 PM
tee hee...

"Egor"

Posted by Loree on 07-07-05 at 01:17 PM
I agree that he should have gotten a better haircut.

Posted by Moother on 07-09-05 at 00:40 AM
LAST EDITED ON 07-09-05 AT 00:43 AM (EST)

I didn't care for the hair cut but my first thought was suspicious, but that is my nature.
I immediately felt like that was kind of a set up. I figured they scheduled him for the show, then had him grow out the hair and act dorky so that when he shows back up the change is dramatic! (You can tell I watch to much REALITY TV)
As far Dante.....well, they can clean him up but it is gonna take some work to make him Mr. Right.

"Dante makeover"
Posted by kryp on 07-13-05 at 04:06 PM
They removed hair from his back, fixed his teeth, cut and straightened out his hair, and supposedly cleaned up his hygiene. I still don't think he looks that much better.

Posted by DonnaLynn on 07-20-05 at 11:55 AM

>I didn't care for the hair
>cut but my first thought
>was suspicious, but that is
>my nature.
>I immediately felt like that was
>kind of a set up.
> I figured they scheduled
>him for the show, then
>had him grow out the
>hair and act dorky so
>that when he shows back
>up the change is dramatic!

Come on! Do you have any idea how long it would take that guy to grow his hair out like that? You sound just like my husband. He's always so sckeptical of everything...

Why can't we just watch a T.V. show for what it is? Entertainment!

--Donna :~)

Posted by ladro on 07-20-05 at 12:52 PM
I am probably twice as skeptical as your husband. So count your blessings that your not married to me.

Seeing through, and trying to predict, the Producer manipulations 'is' a large part of the entertainment value of the show for me.