URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID58
Thread Number: 577
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Episode 2 Discussion"

Posted by ladro on 07-06-05 at 10:04 AM
"No hair off of my back" --- Gino or Igor (I'm not sure)

Little Red Swimsuit Model goes on a few dates, and has deep meaningful connections with 4 Joes, and the Joes all feel a connection with her. The Dolphins make me cry, err, I mean GAG.

Dante has one thing in common with the Himbos, they both think this is a team event. What's all this 'WE' business? "We're going to go in there and steal her away, those guys won't know what hit them" (or one of a dozen variations of that). Didn't you see the show guys?, only one of you wins, and it isn't much of a victory. The irony of the red sports car sceen is that those guys can barely make payments on a used Pontaic Sunbird, and they make fun of guys that drive shiny sports cars.

The Fredo-esque Joe (Chuck?) takes a powder, just like Fredo. Dude, you were the token Biker type guy, this spoils the whole dynamic.

Jesus gets a makeover. A sign of the apocalypse?

You eat like a girl! WTF is that supposed to mean? TAFKA-Jesus appears to be in pretty good condition to me.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Episode 2 Discussion"
Posted by volsfan on 07-06-05 at 11:09 AM
I don't know who was defining average joe for the cast but Josh is one little cutie!

I thought the whole sports car thing was hilarious. I too kept thinking which one of the hunks could actually afford that type of car. NONE!

Posted by Sandra on 07-06-05 at 12:04 PM
Oh volsfan, I SO agree with you! Josh is adorable!!

I kept wishing one of the "Himbos" would crash into another. None of those guys impressed me. I can't STAND cocky people!!

And, even though I don't like Dante (So whiny), I thought taping him to the bed was a bit immature. Funny maybe, but immature.

Sandy

Posted by SilverStar on 07-06-05 at 01:20 PM
Yup, Josh is indeed an adorable cutie.

I thought taping Dante to the bed was hilarious, but then again, I'm immature.

I'm really getting sick of all the Joe's acting like they are in love with this chick after one date. If she wasn't pretty, do you think they would feel the same way? I don't.

Sigs by Bob! Fear and chemistry keep everyone happy!
I thought Aaron was a sweetheart, I was sad to see him go.

Posted by motormouth on 07-06-05 at 01:43 PM
I'm really getting sick of all the Joe's acting like they are in love with this chick after one date. If she wasn't pretty, do you think they would feel the same way? I don't.

I agree, I think they are infatuated because she is pretty and giving them a little attention. She does seem sweet, but not enough to fall in love with her so fast.

A totally rockin' RollDdice design

Posted by tamarama on 07-06-05 at 02:11 PM
>>I'm really getting sick of all the Joe's acting like they are in love with this chick after one date. If she wasn't pretty, do you think they would feel the same way? I don't.<<

Totally agree...but it's a fact of life.

Physical appearance is more important to men than to women.

In the real world (as opposed to the reali-tv world of models, bartenders & personal trainers) you are MUCH more likely to see an attractive woman with a less attractive man than vice versa.

In fact, I can't think of ANY couple I know where the man is more attractive than the woman. (But I know plenty of toads that married the princess.)

I'm not saying that women as a group are less superficial than men as a group...it's just that...well maybe I am saying that.

Posted by thefinn on 07-07-05 at 10:09 PM

>I'm not saying that women as
>a group are less superficial
>than men as a group...it's
>just that...well maybe I am
>saying that.

Wow. I'm a total message board virgin, but this got me to sign up and post!!!
I'm sure that all of us know numerous men who are insightful and sincere beyond looks, but think about it... Can you see there being an "Average Jane" where the set up would be reversed??? I don't think so, unfortunately. Sure there was Average Joe, Adam's return (or whatever) but were those women really on the same scale average (all various sizes, wacky personalities, no jobs, etc) as the men are in the show? Quite the mission for all of us moms of little boys, huh?
On the other hand, in the previous AJ's both times the woman at the end was faced with a decision between a hunk and an AJ, they both stated something similar along the lines of 'the AJ is exactly the kind of man I've looked for all my life - sweet, kind, loyal, etc. BUT there is something there with the hunk that I just can't pass over' Soooo, maybe these shows are just a sad documentary on the human kind and gives a whole lot of work for the mothers of little girls as well.... lol.

Posted by tamarama on 07-08-05 at 11:20 AM
>>I'm sure that all of us know numerous men who are insightful and sincere beyond looks,<<

Absolutely!! And thank God!! (Most of my favorite people are mmmmen.)

I know I was making a grossly over-stated generalization...I don't really believe that all men are shallow & all women are deep.

I don't think it's even really a matter of shallowness or depth...it's just part of that whole National Geographic coded-into-our-every-behavior thing...

Throughout the animal kingdom, it is the goal of the male of each species to spread his seed far and wide...

Throughout the animal kingdom, it is the goal of the female of the species to find the best possible mate to father her offspring.

Women more verbal, men more visual...blah-di-blah-blah & all that. (check out a doc called "Brain Sex"-- very interesting)

>>but were those women really on the same scale average<<
Yeah -- I agree that they kinda over-do the "average-ness" of the Joes.

Posted by greeneyes on 07-06-05 at 03:52 PM
Add me to the list that adore Josh! If she doesn't keep him around she is insane. He is adorable, and seems so sweet. I'm hoping we actually see an "Average Joe" win this time.

As for the so-called good looking hunks -- frankly, they didn't do anything for me. Especially the one that said he wanted to take her to the gun show -- Puuuuuleeeeese. Was it just me, or did it look like he had eye make-up on?

Posted by bullzeye on 07-06-05 at 02:58 PM
I must say that while I hated the "hunks" from the start - it was pretty funny seeing them sneak up on the "joes", and the "joes" reaction was priceless! Really thinking that they will get their payback - unlike previous seasons.

Posted by Loree on 07-07-05 at 02:00 PM
>I kept wishing one of the
>"Himbos" would crash into another.

I kept hoping with all that sand in their faces that they would drive into each other.

Posted by mmm_link on 07-06-05 at 01:59 PM
They were not even driving during those long shots. Nobody in their right mind would provide $125,000 Ferrari's to those guys. Especially for the type of synchonize driving they were doing. I'm surprised they didn't put up a disclaimer "Professional drivers on close course" I think they used the hunks only for close up shots and that was it.

Posted by tamarama on 07-06-05 at 04:28 PM
>>They were not even driving during those long shots.<<

Absolutely!!!

No way was it them. Especially when the one idiot kept checking his look in the rear-view mirror.

Posted by Thistlethorn on 07-06-05 at 04:44 PM
If memory serves, didn't the first two AJs have some hunky guys with real jobs? Maybe having only personal trainers, waiters and models is a way of evening the playing field. The producers may be hoping that Anna will go for a Joe with a job rather than a hunky loser. Seems that the only way to save this franchise is to have a Joe win since they are so far 0 for 3.

Posted by Sandra on 07-07-05 at 01:34 PM
>If memory serves, didn't the first
>two AJs have some hunky guys with real jobs?
>Maybe having only personal trainers,
>waiters and models is a way of evening the playing
>field. The producers may be hoping that Anna will
>go for a Joe with a job rather than a hunky loser. Seems that
>the only way to save this franchise is to have a Joe win since >they are so far 0 for 3.

Unfortunately, not necessarily. One season the girl (Can't remember her name. Melana?) chose the out-of-work actor (I think he worked occasionally as a waiter) over the wealthy Adam.

Sandy

Posted by Loree on 07-07-05 at 02:01 PM
And I think that hunk lived at home with Mom and Dad too.

Posted by Seana on 07-08-05 at 08:14 AM
Yep to both of you: Jason was a student/actor, who dreamed of being a weatherman named Jason Storm. He returned in drag for AJ3 w/ Adam.

And actually, I like how they bring back a couple people from previous seasons. I liked seeing Brian, David and Fredo (I'd forgotten Fredo's departure before).

Posted by ladro on 07-08-05 at 12:46 PM
Jason Storm! I had forgotten that he came back in drag for AJ2.

warning: do not go to link below if you are uncomfortable with male nudity. You have been warned! Seriously, don't say I didn't warn you. I'm not kidding.

At the end of AJ1, some one created a faux gay website called jasonstorm.com, it was only one page at the time. Your post inspired me to check back on it today. Someone really put a lot of work into that site. lmao

Posted by BlueLies on 07-06-05 at 05:38 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-06-05 AT 05:45 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 07-06-05 AT 05:41 PM (EST)

"No hair off of my back" Gino or Igor (I'm not sure)"

It was Igor, and it was what we'd expect from Igor. Buh Bye Igor.

"Jesus gets a makeover."

He looked much better after he cleaned up his look, but I think she could have done better on the haircut.

"You eat like a girl! WTF is that supposed to mean?"

Yeah, I know. What does that mean?

Yep, Josh is a cutie! If she rejects him, it's going to really hurt the poor guy.

Dante got taped to the bed? I missed the first 20 minutes, bummer.

"If she wasn't pretty, do you think they would feel the same way? I don't."

That's a good point. They should make that a twist in their (gulp) next AJ. I don't think they'd feel the same if she wasn't a babe. I wish they'd do a blind taste test one of these times, just to see how they really hit it off BEFORE they meet in person, then see how much chemistry and physical attraction really matter.