URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 577
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Kim Who?"

Posted by RealityRyan on 08-25-04 at 01:16 AM
Ok, I love team Chip as much as the next guy... but who's that black woman that follows him wherever he goes? If she's going to stalk him around the world, the least she can do is have a little variety in her dialogue other than commenting on the money situation.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Kim Who?"
Posted by choochoo on 08-25-04 at 03:04 AM
...it's called a wife.....she's in it for THE MONEY!

Posted by mrc on 08-25-04 at 08:54 AM
Couldn't agree more. Chip is the best team in the race.

Courtesy of Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Posted by missygirl3 on 08-25-04 at 12:08 PM
Could not agree more. WTH has Kim done besides gripe about the $$$. nothing. She is only in it for the money and I think Chip is a great player and Kim is worthless.

Posted by Redemption on 08-26-04 at 02:59 AM
LAST EDITED ON 08-26-04 AT 03:01 AM (EST)

Kind of harsh.

I think they pair off well. Kim takes care of the travel arrangements and smaller details whilst Chip is the front man. They are doing well and Chip is not that bright, so Kim must be doing something right.

Kim is worthless? Missygirl3 what is your problem? Who knows what happens off camera and the fact they still come in 1 or two means something is right. Also, look at the teams who bicker and fight but are more on camera. Are they better?

Would you like some dirt to fill in that chip on your shoulder?

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 08-26-04 at 05:13 AM
This is coming from the person who has been unduly harsh on that "circus show freak" Charla as you keep putting it.

©Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Scratch and sniff
Posted by missygirl3 on 08-26-04 at 03:36 PM
first of all, I was voicing my opinion just like everyone else. There is no rule that says you have to like everyone, second of all, You are bashing me, which as far as I knew was not allowed on these boards. You dont know me or watch the show with me,I dont like team Chip and Kim and I have every right to voice MY opinion.

Posted by Redemption on 08-26-04 at 10:36 PM
I am not bashing you but to say Kim is worthless is too much. I apologise if I offended you.

"Do not bash other board members"
Posted by IceCat on 08-26-04 at 05:09 PM
The Board Guidlines are quite clear on this issue:

II. DO NOT ATTACK OTHER MEMBERS
Personal attacks on other members will not be tolerated. Challenging the points of view and the opinions of other members is permitted, but only as long as you can do so respectfully and thoughtfully, without personal attack or insult. If you cannot be tolerant of others' beliefs and opinions, then please avoid introducing, reading or participating in topics that lead to such discussions.

The fact that missygirl3 has an opinion that does not agree with yours is not indicative of a problem on her part. Please feel free to disagree and discuss but do not resort to insults.

Posted by Oscirus on 08-26-04 at 01:06 PM
She is the voice of reason. She lets Chip be the Alpha male and Acts when she is needed to. As for her being in it for the money, No s*** which of the remaining racers aren't in it for the money.

Posted by frisky on 08-26-04 at 02:47 PM
I like her. Chip and Kim are always in good spirits, and I think that's what Kim brings to the team. Chip, although very nice, is also very excitable. I think she calms him. She's the yang to his yin. The pea to his carrot. Without Kim, Chip would be all over the map. She's a stabilizer.

In any team, people make contributions based on their strengths. That is why Chip and Kim are doing well and are so consistent. They know each other's strenths and weaknesses. Each knows where the other stands.

You hear from these teams who think they're going to win because they're both competitive or their both athletic. That's not how teams work. A successful team, IMO, is one whose members complement each other. They bring different traits to the task. Where one is weak, the other is strong.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

Posted by KObrien_fan on 08-26-04 at 08:00 PM
I agree with you 100% Frisky, she helps Chip in many ways, most of all by standing by him and keeping him calm. She may not be the person to do the detours and roadblocks, but she hasn't slowed him down any either. Not to mention what a positive spirit she has. Kim is a great team partner to have on this race.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

Posted by okaychatt on 08-27-04 at 00:20 AM
Good analysis, Frisky. But then, cats are notoriously smart about people.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Posted by mikey on 08-26-04 at 04:58 PM
You're right, we don't see or hear much of Kim, especially when Chip is driving. The camera seems to always show him from the neck up, with a big smile on his face, and she is unseen, and this week he nearly rolled over the vehicle he was driving.

... Now that I think about it, everyone should have a teammate like Kim.

Posted by minky on 08-26-04 at 05:18 PM
Certainly Christie should

Posted by okaychatt on 08-27-04 at 00:22 AM
"Certainly Christie should "

Rimshot! Ba da bah. I do like that one liner, minky.

Posted by okaychatt on 08-27-04 at 00:33 AM
I like them as individuals and as a couple. There is a flow to their relationship that moves them along and keeps things in balance. They're true, loving partners.

Posted by okaychatt on 08-27-04 at 00:48 AM
"other than commenting on the money situation. "

Well, someone in that family has to have some money sense.

Posted by anotherkim on 08-27-04 at 10:01 PM
First of all, I have to agree with the sentiment that everyone needs a Kim on his team. .

Anyway. Kim and Chip are a great match because they compliment each other and round out their team. There's is a very comfortable and secure relationship and that's refreshing to see on TAR. A married couple that gets along, is nice to others and has a sense of humor and, above all, can actually play the game.

We don't see as much of Kim because she's not a "character" like some of the others, but you can be sure that she's not just following Chip around silently all the time.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--Go Chip and Kim!!!

Posted by buscemi on 09-01-04 at 09:36 AM
Interestingly enough, Kim may have saved the team last night by figuring out on the way to the airport that they needed to drive themsleves there and not take a taxi. Now, I'm not sure if they showed which of the two initially misread the clue, so her catch might be much less impressive if she's the one who made the mistake in the first place.

I also wonder what would have happened if they didn't make the catch. Would the people at the airport have told them they had to go back? Would they have been dq'd? Would they just have taken a time penalty?

Of course, it WAS a non-elimination leg last night, but depending on what happened if they didn't make the catch, they could very well have found themselves 12-24 hours behind with no $$ based on a last place finish.

Posted by KMan on 09-01-04 at 10:22 AM
I suspect that if Kim hadn't realized they needed to drive they would have been assessed a time penalty at the pitstop.

"RE: CHIP NOT BRIGHT?"
Posted by tokenbro on 09-01-04 at 08:26 PM
Don't mistake his kindness for not being as smart as the rest of the, "ugly americans" in the race.Just because he happens to not portray the stereotypical black male, I think a lot of white americans have a problem with that. His wife is not a pain in the ##### like a lot of the women in the race and she has a strong silence something you all should think about.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 09-01-04 at 09:08 PM
Chill, dude. Nobody's said anything about the race of either Chip or Kim in this thread -- there's no need to turn it into a race issue. Kim's simply a non-alpha person, whether she's white, black, native, green, etc. Neither is Christie or Nicole for the most part, either.

Scratch and sniff

Posted by tokenbro on 09-03-04 at 00:35 AM
Hold up Canuck! I believe someone did question Chip s intelligence. As for race being brought up in here Kim is a very strong and isn't going to play the typical role that most of you expect from a black woman. Race does happen to place a large part in the way reality tv shows are cast,especially if the poor whites aren't trailer enough and if the blacks aren't ethnic enough. Hey question did Canada get more then 15 medals?

Posted by mrc on 09-02-04 at 08:04 AM
"His wife is not a pain in the ##### like a lot of the women in the race"

Are you kidding me with this post?

Courtesy of Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Posted by seahorse on 09-01-04 at 11:29 PM
You are right Ryan. She must be some kind of stalker

Posted by Spider on 09-01-04 at 11:57 PM
Smart team.

Roadblock - down and dirty - Chip "I guess thats me"

And bang, they do it well. I bet Kim would have shaved her head if she had to.

Posted by RealityRyan on 09-02-04 at 01:59 PM
Well, I've come to realize that Kim is indeed a very strong asset to that team... even if she's not as vocal (or visible) as Chip... kudos to Kim for pushing the taxi (Collin was the only other person to do it besides her).