URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 5739
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"SeeBS Mis-direction Ep. 2"

Posted by tribephyl on 02-25-05 at 00:13 AM
One tribe relaxes after winning a Challenge, which annoys a tribemate frustrated with the lack of a work ethic.

A war of words erupts between two tribe members as one lays into the other for being bossy.

Just as a Challenge is set to begin, one tribe faces a setback when a member suffers an injury. Will this affect their ability to compete?

Two fearless castaways take it upon themselves to confront some deadly creatures on the island.

Discuss...

Sn'DCS©MMIV

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: SeeBS Mis-direction Ep. 2"
Posted by Gothmog on 02-25-05 at 00:18 AM
Well, nothing really spoilerish in the last three, as they were all given away in the preview for next week. The only realy question is: will Jeff's injury be before RC or IC?

As for #1--if it's Koror, this might be Caryn. If it's Ulong, I'm guessing Stephanie.

I think you mean episode 3, phyl--too bad you can't edit the subject line!

"RE: SeeBS Mis-direction Ep. 3"
Posted by tribephyl on 02-25-05 at 00:28 AM
I think you mean episode 3, phyl--too bad you can't edit the subject line!

Carp! Carp! Carp!

Posted by tribephyl on 02-25-05 at 00:27 AM
Ulong has already had the "disagreement regarding "work-ethic". They booted Ashlee as a result.

So the (reward)challenge winning team, IMO would be Koror.
Caryn has mentioned a couple of passing frustrations so she probably continues to stew over "ethics".
Which leads right into the "war of words" which as we can see from the post-show promos is Caryn blowing up at Katie. And Katie calling Caryn bossy.

The 2 fearless castaways are Tom and Ian hunting the deadly shark (again, shown in the post-show promo).

Just as a challenge is set to begin, Jeff suffers a "booboo" and can't put any pressure on his leg/foot/knee.
The misdirection adds "Will this affect their ability to compete?"
Under normal circumstances I would say "NO! it's misdirection." but this time I'm betting the answer is YES!
and Ulong goes back to TC (or someone quits)

Sn'DCS©MMIV

Posted by nicholas on 02-25-05 at 02:25 AM
i think the first one would have to be Ulong. I think Koror is pretty much organized when it comes to their work around the camp maybe even too organized for one of them to be too bossy leading to the war of words.

the preview has pretty much given up everything.

as to prior what challenge jeff got injured, i'm leading to IC and with Ulong winning.

one last thing... looking at the previews, there might not be a switch at episode three.

Posted by Brownroach on 02-25-05 at 11:12 AM
That was the first thing I noticed -- no indication of a switch next week.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Posted by memacmur on 02-25-05 at 01:28 PM
Well, given that shoot & switch was listed on the post-it-board spoiler as a challenge name, I think the idea of switching players this early in the game is bunk.

Surely they would have mentioned an 'unexpected twist' or 'biggest surprise ever' if such a thing was happening...

I believe it will be Jeff getting hurt, and regardless of it's effect on his competitiveness, Koror will win immunity again (brains come in handly every once in a while), and with both the injury and Romber-like alliance threat, Jeff will be toast (be it via quitting or a vote).

Caryn/Katie easy pick for the conflict, Ian/Tom as our shark-hunters. Both on the Koror side of things - mis-direction to distract us a little bit from the injured Survivor boot?

Posted by KObrien_fan on 02-25-05 at 04:53 AM
Just as a Challenge is set to begin, one tribe faces a setback when a member suffers an injury. Will this affect their ability to compete?

The IC this week is the "Hot Pursuit" one. You are strung together and carrying heavy sand bags chase around an oval to catch up to the other tribe. The person out will give their sandbag to another tribe member. This will not bode well for Ulong if Jeff who is one of their strongest can't compete.

Posted by television on 02-25-05 at 02:22 PM
Especially since they're down two members and can't sit someone out. This seems straight-forward enough - I can't see how they could really win with someone who can't put weight on one leg, so unless he quits and doesn't compete, Ulong will go to tribal, where they will probably vote him out anyway, unless there's potential of great recovery in the next 3 days.

Posted by JazzyJax on 02-25-05 at 01:16 PM
Long time no see! I'll play:

>One tribe relaxes after winning a
>Challenge, which annoys a tribemate
>frustrated with the lack of
>a work ethic.

This to me also says Ulong wins RC. I think this is the start of where the storyline laid out by James about a "democratic society" starts to unravel. As seem in the first episode, this is not a team that communicates well, and needs leadership in some form. Someone on the Ulong team is not happy about the loss of direction. Was it Stephanie that asked: "what should be done first?" and Jeff that said "wake up first?" (I'm still having a hard time with names.)

>A war of words erupts between
>two tribe members as one
>lays into the other for
>being bossy.

Everyone already has seen this is Caryn and Katy. I think Caryn goes off because of a RC loss, she doesn't seem to be the type to let something go.

>Just as a Challenge is set
>to begin, one tribe faces
>a setback when a member
>suffers an injury. Will this
>affect their ability to compete?

Since this was shown as beef guy Jeff, the answer is probably no. Somebody's looking for attention?

>Two fearless castaways take it upon
>themselves to confront some deadly
>creatures on the island.

Iam and Tom were shown ineffectually throwing stuff at the shark. Good luck to them!

Tell me if I got any names wrong!

Posted by volsfan on 02-25-05 at 01:35 PM
If spoilers are to be believed, Ian and Tom are successful in their attempt to kill the shark!

Posted by Corvis on 02-25-05 at 01:31 PM
The web preview is up. Emphasis is on Jeff and Kim's romance and killing the shark. There are shots of both challenges, I think. One is very physical as you see Angie jumping on Gregg in the water in what appears to be an attempt to dunk him. I can't wait to see the vidcaps.

Posted by munson on 02-25-05 at 11:40 PM
Jolanda selected BJ first because she thought him the hardest worker during the first day spent on the island. We see caps of Jeff and Kim snuggling on what might be the bedding won during RC.

Maybe Bobby Jon is frustrated. He sure seemed to have an edge to him during RC!