URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 573
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Elliott Fans Unite! "

Posted by LisaPles on 03-22-06 at 08:41 AM
As I started to watch last night’s show, I still did not have a “favorite”. I think that I enjoyed Elliott’s performance the best. I thought his vocals were great, and even through I don’t really like 50’s music, I enjoyed the song. Elliott is one of the few people that I can’t wait to hear next week. I hope he hangs in there because he is really talented.
I also want to comment on how a lot of the discussion about Elliott has been about his appearance. I think his looks are fine. Of course, he is not Ricky Martin, but let’s think about this. I think one of the things wrong with the music industry is that someone who has mediocre talent, but has “the look” gets the record deal. The really talented people who have average looks don’t make it because their face won’t look great on a CD cover. This is the reason why there is so much lame music out there these days.

I would like to start a discussion for Elliott fans to hear people’s feelings about his musical talent.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Elliott Fans Unite! "
Posted by miamicatt on 03-22-06 at 12:22 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-22-06 AT 12:23 PM (EST)

I'll unite witcha. I dig him. I love to hear him sing every week, his voice is like melted buttah.

Posted by Breezy on 03-22-06 at 01:10 PM
Effortless, it still amazes me that THAT voice comes out of him. I liked how he came to understand the awesomeness that is Barry last night. Doesn't matter if you were never into Barry's music, the man is a musical genius.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Posted by Tahj on 03-22-06 at 01:12 PM
I think Elliott is a fantastic singer. Truly. I've been impressed with him every time I've heard him sing.

As for his looks--when I first saw him I thought he did look pretty odd. From week to week I've been getting used to them, though, and I think what I've seen of his personality actually enhances the way he looks. I hope this unique look will become an advantage for him.

Moves courtesy of Syren

Posted by Kodi on 03-22-06 at 04:13 PM
Dude are you kidding me ... I am definetely an Elliot fan. His vocals are the best on the show and I agree that he may not be the best looking on the show,BUT ,He is definetly the SEXIEST Guy on that stage. Dude he is HOT...Love his build and think he would look great in a pair of Boxers!!!Lets keep him around for awhile if we want to hear GREAT VOCALS!!!!

Posted by LIVEURBESTLIFE on 03-22-06 at 05:21 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-22-06 AT 05:23 PM (EST)

Elliott definitely deserves some love. He is my favorite. His voice is amazing and I like his looks and personality.

It's nice to see a regular guy among all the divatude of some, hickness of another, and boy bandishness of one.

Posted by seahorse on 03-23-06 at 02:01 PM
I too think Elliott has the best voice on AI this year. And as Simon says, this is a singing contest.

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

Posted by 5 minutes late on 03-24-06 at 08:04 AM
I agree he is not getting the credit he deserves. GO GET THEM TIGER !!!

Posted by LisaPles on 03-29-06 at 09:28 AM
I thought Elliott was great last night! Although I admit I wasn't crazy about the arrangement of the song, I still thought his vocals were excellent. As far as his voice is concerned, he is absolutely one of the best, if not the best in this competition.
I can't wait to hear him sing again!

Posted by 2Centz on 03-29-06 at 07:21 PM
Me too. He's great, but he looked really scrappy last night. They need to polish his look a little, so he doen't come out looking like he just changed the oil in his car.

Posted by LisaPles on 03-30-06 at 08:52 AM
That's so funny! I see what you are saying, but I kind of like that about him. It's nice to see a guy on TV that looks like a real guy. I agree they should polish his look, especially for the performances.
The men probably get sick of the hair and makeup thing pretty quick!

Posted by Nightstar on 04-01-06 at 01:32 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-01-06 AT 01:34 AM (EST)

I Love Elliott I think he is the best of the whole Bunch ,not only does he have a Great Voice he is just a sweet down to Earth Guy. I think its time for Americans to vote for real talent ,and not another who cant sing but has a pretty face . Go Tiger show them what you got ,make them sit up and take notice of your real talent. knock them for a loop with that voice I know you have.

Posted by LisaPles on 04-03-06 at 08:25 AM
>I Love Elliott I
>think he is the best
>of the whole Bunch...

>I think its time for Americans
>to vote for real
> talent ,and not another
>who cant sing but
>has a pretty face.

Yes! I also think that Elliott has the best voice and I think he is going to start to blow the other contestants away!
I really hope that America votes for talent this time!

Posted by LisaPles on 04-05-06 at 10:14 AM
I thought that Elliott sounded great (again) last night! I love his voice! I think he could sing anything and sound great.

Did anyone notice him touch his ear after he started singing when the TV camera moved in? I bet that was a signal to someone special that he was singing to her. Cool!

Posted by Kodi on 04-05-06 at 12:14 PM
Hi Everyone,
I just need to say that I too believe that Elliott has the best vocals and he is the only one I voted for last night... I love him and also believe he could blow them all out of the water. I do agree that he needs to be more animated and just go into the zone and feel the music and trust me if he does that he will definetelty win the hearts of AMERICA!!!Love him,Love him,Love him..Also everyone if you would please go into the Mandisa Love sight and read about the article found on the ADVOCATE WEBSITE,and give us some of your feedback it would be very much appreciated.. Thanks Kodi

Posted by NicNac on 04-06-06 at 01:07 PM
In my humble opinion, I think Elliot is the only one left who is truly an "American Idol." He has a fantastic voice and is very humble about his talent. Plus, he is just a genuine nice guy. So, he has crooked teeth but his smile just makes me melt - unlike perfect teeth Ace who makes me cringe because he is so full of himself.

Posted by LisaPles on 04-12-06 at 08:43 AM
Elliott was one of the few last night who did not disappoint. I was hoping one of them (with vocal talent) would sing "Somebody To Love".
Does anyone else notice that when Elliott sings it seems effortless to him? I love that about him, he really is naturally talented and it seems to come easy to him. I always think that is the mark of a good singer.
I liked when he introduced himself in his DJ persona, he sounded good.
Elliott is cool!

Posted by LisaPles on 04-13-06 at 08:31 AM
Does anyone have any ideas why Elliott keeps ending up in the bottom three? I honestly can't figure it out because I think most people would agree he is one of the most talented. Has this show turned into some kind of beauty contest? Example: Kellie, Katherine, Ace (barf).
What is going on here?

Posted by sica077 on 04-14-06 at 03:21 AM
I absolutely loved Elliott's "Somebody to Love." I have had it stuck in my head since Tuesday night. I am confused, as well as others are, as to why he has been in the bottom three the few times he has. It makes me nervous, because I love to hear him sing...he is great, and I fear his votes won't boost. Why, though? After this performance, he'll hopefully be clear of the bottom three again.

Posted by Twinkles on 04-18-06 at 05:40 AM
He's my favorite. Up til last week I was calling for Chris & Elliot. I think now I'll just call for the Elliott. He needs me!

I think looks is some part of the Idolatry and his hair was half of his problem. He looks great now that it's growing out and it's been styled. He's also been weird in how he doesn't know how to look into the camera and woo the audience. He's getting better but he hasn't received any invitations from Paula to go to her place to show her his scars. lol

Posted by KoalaChick on 04-24-06 at 07:34 PM
>I absolutely loved Elliott's "Somebody to
>Love." I have had
>it stuck in my head
>since Tuesday night.

I have it downloaded as the ringtone on my phone. Did you know you can do that? I also have Chris Daughtry singing I Walk The Line. It's awesome!

Posted by Hoobie on 04-14-06 at 05:31 PM
Elliott reminds me of someone I was in love with in high school - a certain je ne sais quoi.

That aside, he really does have a great voice. His breakouts during the group medley last week were memorable.

Posted by LisaPles on 04-26-06 at 09:35 AM
I was so excited for Elliott last night. He was great as usual!

Simon's comments to Elliott were the most complimentary I have ever heard him give a contestant! I do not recall a reaction like that from Simon ever, and if so it has not happened often.

I hope that Elliott makes it through to the end because he is the only one that I really look forward to hearing sing. The guy has an awesome voice and he makes it look easy, too! Go Elliott!

Posted by KoalaChick on 04-26-06 at 12:06 PM
ComPLETEly agree, Lisa! OMG he was amazing last night. I have to admit, he brought me to tears as well. I love watching him grow each week, gaining confidence as he goes. He's always had the voice, but packaging up the look and the comfort zone he's reaching now on stage just makes him that much better. I had the McPheever for most of this competition, but I'm totally on Elliot's bandwagon now. Taylor and Chris have gotten boring, Paris is too annoying, Katharine is still great, but I have to throw my support to Mr. Yamin! Hope he goes all the way. I'll be first in line to buy his CD.

Posted by LisaPles on 04-26-06 at 02:47 PM
KoalaChick, I like what you said about Elliott growing in the competition and becoming more comfortable on stage. He was like a diamond in the rough when they discovered him and now he is all polished up and shining like the star he is! Isn't that the essence of what American Idol SHOULD be all about?
I am afraid to watch the results show because I don't know what I'm going to do if Elliott goes home. If America votes for Picklehead to stay and Elliott goes home, there will be no words for my feelings about American viewers!

Posted by KoalaChick on 04-26-06 at 04:42 PM
Well, according to most of the predictors on these boards, it's either Paris or Kellie to go, and neither one would break my heart. Neither one of them is ready to be the American Idol, either in training or in maturity.

About Elliot's evolvement, I'm glad you see it, too. It kind of happened that way with Kelly Clarkson. She was pretty much under the radar in the beginning, and just grew into the powerhouse that she is. In the auditions, she was a giggly bar waitress from Texas, and then she started feeling more comfortable, taking more chances, and she just exploded.

I think we're seeing something like that with Elliot. Chris and Taylor have shown us what they can do, and they just keep doing it each week, sometimes better than others. But Elliot hasn't even reached his potential yet. I love that I can't wait to hear what he's singing each week.

Posted by xwraith27 on 04-26-06 at 08:21 PM
Thing is, I'm still waiting for one of the judges to say something like "That was the best performance EVER on Idol" like they told Fantasia (Summertime) and Clay (To Love Somebody). I'm betting that if the judges DO comment like that, it would be addressed to Elliott.

*swoon*

Oh wait, I'm a guy.

*thud*

Posted by sica077 on 04-26-06 at 10:06 PM
*big smile*

Posted by niteowl on 04-27-06 at 01:06 AM

>
>Simon's comments to Elliott were the
>most complimentary I have ever
>heard him give a contestant!
>I do not recall a
>reaction like that from Simon
>ever, and if so it
>has not happened often.
>

But I can't help thinking he's only being that kind because he knows/thinks/hopes that Elliot will not win....just a feeling...

Posted by LisaPles on 04-27-06 at 09:45 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-27-06 AT 02:09 PM (EST)

Don't burst my bubble! (Just kidding!)

I am very hopeful for Elliott, but he (or any of them for that matter) will have a hard time competing against a pretty brunette.

*edited to remove potentially offensive content for sensitive viewers

Posted by rn4stork on 04-27-06 at 01:02 PM
>Don't burst my bubble! (Just kidding!)
>
>
>I am very hopeful for Elliott,
>but he (or any of
>them for that matter) will
>have a hard time competing
>against a pretty brunette with
>big t*ts.

Golly when you hate someone you don't let it go.....WOW!

Posted by LisaPles on 04-27-06 at 02:06 PM
>Golly when you hate someone you
>don't let it go.....

I'm confused as to how this message relates to me, as I am certainly not a Katherine "hater". Just speaking the truth - with her talent and great looks, she is serious competition!

Posted by LisaPles on 05-10-06 at 11:24 AM
Whooo-Hoooo! So glad to see Elliott get the credit he deserves from the judges! He was great last night!

Posted by xwraith27 on 05-10-06 at 11:42 AM
*nods head*

Two very solid performances, but I have to disagree with the judges. I don't think those were his two best performances. Also, I can't help but feel that Kat's de-pimping will get her fans frantically voting for her. I just hope us Yaminions (well, I'm not really allowed to vote) don't get complacent about Elliott's position in the competition.

Posted by jenniferdgdd on 05-11-06 at 01:13 PM
i tried to vote on tuesday for elliott and both his numbers had chris on them am i the only one this happened to?

Posted by KoalaChick on 05-14-06 at 12:54 PM
It's been great, watching Elliott grow with this competition. For that very reason, I'd love to see him win. He takes criticism and makes changes based on that. Now that he's out of Chris' shadow, he'll likely shine even more.

He has a beautiful voice that I can't wait to hear coming out of my CD player. Just getting a feeling that this week, with Clive Davis music, will be a goose-bump week!

Posted by LEXMEG1510 on 05-17-06 at 03:56 AM
I AM SO THERE WITH ALL ELLIOT FANS. MY FINGERS ARE WORN OUT FROM VOTING SO MUCH..I LIKED HIM FROM THE VERY BEGINNING.HE'S HAS AN UNREAL VOICE, CONSISTENT, AND YOU CAN TELL HE HAS A LOVING HEART.
I WILL BE VERY SAD IF HE DOESN'T MAKE IT!!!!!!

Posted by mrsunderstood on 05-17-06 at 10:59 AM
to me he could actually sell records. Taylor is a gimmick and the chick well...I can smell the pop ballads, tight clothes, and syrupy sweetness a mile away

"I'll tell you in another life when we are both cats"