URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID45
Thread Number: 570
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Big Love's opening sequence..."

Posted by bacon on 04-11-06 at 11:37 AM
...is probably the best one on television. It combines Ice Skating, passionate stares, some neato special effects, and the greatest pop song of all time. Oh, and the show is pretty good, too.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Big Love's opening sequence..."
Posted by zombiebaby on 04-11-06 at 03:14 PM
Oh bacon! "God Only Knows" was my wedding song!

I do think the show is getting better. Last episode was the best yet.

I just don't get why they are polygamists. The Hendricksons. Why did the first wife agree to it? Why do this for all the trouble it is.

Siggy conceived by Arkie, gestating done by Zombs

Posted by HobbsofMI on 04-12-06 at 11:09 AM
Why not just say you are married but have two open mistress.....lol...I know that would fly far in Utah or with the Mormon Church.

I do like this show but having 3 wives would be too much work and the kids stories are fun to watch develop too.

sig by arkieglr and bouncy by IceCat

Posted by bacon on 04-17-06 at 12:33 PM
I understand why the 2nd wife and third wife agreed to it. The 2nd one seems as if she needs drama around her at all times and the 3rd is very young and naive. But you are right about the first wife, she seems to strong-willed to put up with this. But maybe that'll be answered in time.

Posted by ginger on 04-17-06 at 04:41 PM
As the backstory unfolds, we are learning that Barb had cancer and was supposedly going to die when Nikki came into their lives. In fact, it is implied that Nikki nursed Barb through the cancer.

Posted by ginger on 04-17-06 at 04:44 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-17-06 AT 04:44 PM (EST)

ETA - oops! Hit post instead of reset. Ignore this.

Posted by theking0075 on 04-24-06 at 10:27 AM
A few things,

First as far as Barb allowing Bill to marry Nickie, Sarah explained a few weeks ago that when Barb got sick, Bill rediscovered his faith when he turned to God to ask that Barb be healed. Polygamy being part of Bill’s faith, he took Nickie as a second wife. Barb allowed it because she was too sick probably to object at the time it happened and once she did get better, it was already done and she didn’t want to leave Bill.

Next, in regards to the opening scene, anyone else notice Bill wears two wedding bands, one on each hand? I find it interesting he doesn’t wear three or just one.

Finally, I have a question, if you saw the show last night, what was going on between Alby and the gay hitchhiker? Are they implying Alby may be gay or did he just want some company?

"Evil" Dr. Will: Reality Show Legend!

Posted by freakusmaximus2 on 05-08-06 at 09:23 AM
In terms of the back story, was it implied that when barb was sick and Bill started praying, etc that Roman paid for Brab's surgery? (and that is why Bill was indebted to Roman , giving him a % of his first stores) I am not sure but I think that was implied, and possibly Bill marrying Roman's daughter Nikki was a showing of gratitude