URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 5663
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Hot news about Survivor"

Posted by cuon10 on 01-13-05 at 08:53 PM
Two things just off www.variety.com. First, the way 3 people go home is this. The 20 are dropped off with literally no instructions and 2 actually get lost to the point where they do not make it back in time for immunity challenge, they are "truly"
lost. That is how 3 go home the first night. Per Mark Burnett.
Second, Madagascar, the one they were pretty sure was going to happen for Survivor 11 is definitely not. At least according to www.variety.com as of today. Neither will the places in India or the Maldives or anything in or around the Indian Ocean, which means possible delay on Survivor 11. You can check this out by going to www.variety.com. You do have to become a member, but it is a 14-day free trial.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Hot news about Survivor"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 01-13-05 at 09:00 PM
Yeah, the news about how the three people go home have already been discussed here and some theories are there.

Scratch and sniff

Posted by cuon10 on 01-13-05 at 09:40 PM
This is not theory. This was an interview they did with Mark Burnett. Go to the website. It is titled Isles..changes. The 3rd person is voted off. But the first two do not make it back for tribal council.

Posted by cuon10 on 01-13-05 at 09:48 PM

Posted: Wed., Jan. 12, 2005, 10:00pm PT

Isle make changes!
Burnett adds twists, people for next ‘Survivor’

By JOSEF ADALIAN
advertisement

A record 20 castaways will face off in ''Survivor: Palau,'' the tenth edition of the CBS reality adventure series, which is set to debut Feb. 17.
Burnett

Related
Hot Topic: Reality TV

TV News Around This Date

1/13/05 2:31pm

Current news....

Mark Burnett has come up with several twists to keep "Survivor" fresh as the CBS reality franchise prepares to start its 10th edition next month.
Eye today will announce a Feb. 17 start date for "Survivor: Palau," the latest winter premiere date for the unscripted island drama since 2002. SkeinSkein's eighth edition bowed Feb. 1, while in 2001, the show premiered on Feb. 13.

Delayed launch is designed to maximize the number of "Survivor" hours CBS can schedule during the all-important May sweeps, which this year could also determine the winner of the 2004-05 race for demo supremacy.

On the creative front, the first episode of "Survivor: Palau" will start with 20 contestants and end with only 17.

"They're given very little instruction about what to do, and some of them are genuinely lost," Burnett said. "Two people don't make it to the first challenge. That's how tough it is. It's very emotional."

Burnett said the two early casualties aren't flukes.

"It was all by design," he said. "You have this situation now where everyone thinks they know more about the rules and format than we do. I wanted to see what happens by completely revamping the way of starting (the show).

"My job as showrunnershowrunner, like if I were on a drama, is to come up with plot twists," he added. Producer indicated other twists were in store, but declined to offer specifics.

Twenty contestants on "Survivor: Palau" are a young lot, with 14 players in the 18-34 demo (and 11 under 30). Oldest player is 55; most interesting occupation is a Las Vegas showgirl (her name is Janu).

Burnett, meanwhile, said the recent tsunami disaster in the Indian Ocean has had an impact on "Survivor."

Just a few months ago, "We were scouting locations in Madagascar, southern India, Sri Lanka. We had a real focus on the Indian Ocean," he said. "Clearly, now, that won't be happening."

Burnett, as always, has a busy 2005 slate.

He's prepping for next week's third season bowbow of "The Apprentice" and next month's premiere of "The Contender," both on NBC.

Also in pre-productionpre-production is his music-based competishcompetish for CBS, "Rock Star""Rock Star" (Daily Variety, June 8). Burnett will produce nearly 40 episodes of the show, which he said will air three times per week this summer.

Burnett is also planning for his syndiesyndie revamp of "Martha Stewart Living" (Daily Variety, May 14).
Date in print: Thurs., Jan. 13, 2005, Los Angeles

Posted by volsfan on 01-13-05 at 09:59 PM
They're given very little instruction about what to do, and some of them are genuinely lost," Burnett said. "Two people don't make it to the first challenge. That's how tough it is. It's very emotional."

I don't think this statement confirms that just because they got lost they were booted.

However:

Burnett said the two early casualties aren't flukes.

This makes me believe the interviewer believes they get booted because of getting lost.

Is there a rule that says if you get lost you get the boot?

Posted by cuon10 on 01-13-05 at 10:25 PM
The lead in for Survivor says that 3 will be gone before the night is over. This is an interview with MB, but they did not say anything about any rules. In my opinion, I am guessing that
is the very little instruction they get before being left. Of course, the other two that are gone may not end up being two of the three that go home. I just found this interesting and thought it would be of interest to all the spoiler readers. The other thing is that none of the places they had scouted, including Madagascar are going to end up being the S11 as planned. MB said it was a direct affect of tsuanami. Maybe they will go over to Crete or Spinalonga in the Meditarranean and
do 11.

Posted by Wheezy on 01-13-05 at 10:28 PM
I dunno about that rule, but I do know one rule:

Journalists rarely get the story right. I've been interviewed enough to know that even the quoted bits are often quick jots in a pocket-sized notebook. And the non-quoted bits are rarely even close.

Wheeze * Wheeze's Blog

Posted by volsfan on 01-13-05 at 10:36 PM
Oh I agree! I just don't think this interview/article proves/confirms that the two that get lost are two of the three that are booted.

Posted by Wheezy on 01-13-05 at 10:48 PM

---> pssst--I was agreeing with you.

Wheeze * Wheeze's Blog

Posted by volsfan on 01-13-05 at 11:00 PM
LOL! I knew you were. I can really be a dunce at times though!

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 01-13-05 at 11:18 PM
LAST EDITED ON 01-13-05 AT 11:19 PM (EST)

It was "hot news" this morning, not in a posting made at 9PM ET -- the quotes have already been reported in our Reality TV World news story earlier today and the topic is already being discussed in numerous other threads. Use one of those.

Locking.