URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID45
Thread Number: 566
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"So Notorious"

Posted by LozengeofLove on 04-03-06 at 02:19 PM
Anyone catch Tori Spelling's VH1 show? I was skeptical at first, too, but this show is definitely worth watching. Tori is not afraid to poke fun at herself, as she obviously knows and acknowledges what everyone says about her. It's comedy in the realm of Curb Your Enthusiasm and Arrested Development (no joke.)

The second episode last night was a complete rip on Scientology, and they did it better than South Park, IMO. The best line of the night was when the guy (Wayne Jarvis from AD!) asked Tori if she was willing to have her picture put on a billboard that read, "Tori Spelling's Whole."

If you didn't catch it last night, I'm sure there will be numerous repeats (come on, it's VH1!), so check it out.

It was worth watching just to see the actor that played Adam Kaufman in 24 play a gay guy. Come on, we all knew he was closeted!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: So Notorious"
Posted by weltek on 04-03-06 at 03:08 PM
I normally would refuse to watch anything with her in it, but the previews looked entertaining. Based on that & your endorsement, I'll try to catch a rerun.

Posted by Lisapooh on 04-04-06 at 02:15 PM
yeah, it was better than I thought it would be. I'm not sure I'm gonna put it in regular rotation, but it was a lot better than those lifetime movies she normally does.

Posted by ginger on 04-04-06 at 03:39 PM
Rats. I missed it. I really liked the sneak previews. People teasing her about her bug-eyes, her own honest appraisal of her entirely-surgerically-altered bod, the casting of Loni Anderson (pretty scary now) as Mom...I'm sure I'll catch a rerun.

BTW, Pooh, I just watched Mean Girls for the 17th time or so, and thought of you.

Posted by Hoobie on 04-05-06 at 02:30 PM
Well, it is in my rotation, but it's not a must-see. I can wait a few days. It tends to jump around a little too much for my taste, but there are some funny moments.