URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 5634
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Survivor Promo 1/10 ... Spoiler."

Posted by tribephyl on 01-11-05 at 04:55 AM
Heavy on the pictures. Please leave signatures out of posts.
Actually I cut it down by almost 30 pictures, but trust me when I say they are animal shots and wreckage photos.
From SFever

VoiceOver:

"Coming to CBS this February, 20 new Survivors will be stranded on the island of Palau with absolutely nothing.
No help of any kind.
What will they do when they discover they are lost for real?
A premiere so intense 3 castaways will be going home before this night is over.
Don't miss Survivor: Palau coming to CBS this February."

5. Logo

recycled from S2

11. More Recycles from S2

skipping over some more logos and rehash pics from the after reunion promo.(scenery stuff)

Some folks jumping in? Or falling

Some folks rowing...

A little bit of running...

Some more shots of a bunker (could be TC?)

The eye from S3

Australias tribal council

S4 mood shot...

S7 legs...

More nature shots...

This one from S6 .

I have no idea but i imagine it's someone jumping into the water, taken from a camera below...

Lot's of wreckage photos and nature shots, I just had to glide over them.
However, if you haven't read it already, GarboTalk has some interesting insights as to the animal symbolism, that MB is fond of.

tribe

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Survivor Promo 1/10 ... Spoiler."
Posted by KObrien_fan on 01-11-05 at 06:22 AM
Caps 18 and 19 look almost like the puffy white of a parachute, maybe they all have to jump from planes as the plane is shot down into the waters of Palau. They have to swim for the beach and discover that it was a real plane wreck, they have NOTHING! (I wonder if nothing really means no water source even?). Maybe some are by boat and some are by plane?

Interesting that 3 people will leave before the night is over, sure hope the premiere is 2 hours!

Love the bunker shots, I bet that is TC as described earlier.

Posted by Loree on 01-11-05 at 09:29 AM
They have to have a 2 hr premiere to get rid of 3 people. There will be so much happening.

"Cliff jumping? "
Posted by Krautboy on 01-11-05 at 09:29 AM
LAST EDITED ON 01-11-05 AT 08:12 PM (EST)

Vidcaps 7,8,9 & 10 show a castaway jumping off a cliff. Part of a challenge as we saw back in S2 when Roger made his famous jump? Or celebration after winning a challenge?

Vidcaps 43-45 may be the underwater shot of the cliff jumper as they hit the water...

Krautboy

"Running shots are from S9"
Posted by Brownroach on 01-11-05 at 10:16 AM
LAST EDITED ON 01-11-05 AT 10:19 AM (EST)

Caps 25-27 are from the immunity challenge in Ep 5 (after the earthquake -- I should remember, I did the SOTS that week).

(Edited to remove sig-pic)

"Initial thoughts"
Posted by FesterFan1 on 01-11-05 at 10:19 AM
LAST EDITED ON 01-11-05 AT 10:19 AM (EST)

3 boots: This would still be consistent with the idea of 2 getting booted almost immediately, then the third going at TC.

I can't imagine they'd have 3 TCs, even with a 2-hour premiere.

Right now, I'd lean toward 2 going when the tribes are formed, then the 2 nine-person tribes compete in the IC, with the loser booting someone at a normal TC.

"No help": That's interesting. Does that mean no rewards this season? No fishing gear? No comfort items (pillows, blankets, etc.)? No additional food?

That would be consistent with a more athletic cast than we've ever had. It would also be consistent with the potential of at least one more quitter. (Remembering Jeff's "Don't apply if you're going to quit" comment at the S9 reunion show.)

Hopefully, Thursday's Early Show will shed some more light.

Fester

"RE: Initial thoughts"
Posted by Scarlett O Hara on 01-11-05 at 12:43 PM
"No help": That's interesting. Does that mean no rewards this season? No fishing gear? No comfort items (pillows, blankets, etc.)? No additional food?

I take the "No Help" cap to mean that they will have to jump overboard with just the clothes on their backs (a la S7?) No pots, no pans, no knives, no rope, no matches, no nuttin'. However, I'd bet my bottom dollar that they will still be given these items for rewards.

It would truly be great to see these people have to actually "S-U-R-V-I-V-E out there!

Scarlett

"RE: Initial thoughts"
Posted by cuon10 on 01-12-05 at 11:33 AM
is for sure. Hopefully, they will have these people out here being expected to survive and it will detour some of the ones from applying so quickly to get alot of camera time. But S9
got off to a slow start and became one of the better ones. The LeAnne vote off was priceless. Hopefully, this one will show people actually taking care of themselves and actually playing the game. The whole team. People assume that the more fit the person is, the longer they will last and the better they will do, but that is not necessarily so. It helps in the physical challenges, but certain trained bodies suffer quicker than an average person's because they are so trained and everything is normally like clockwork, so throw any body out of sinc and each body reacts differently. i.e. Osten. Makes you wonder how long
Ibreham will make it. And the female models this go round are not Amy from S9. Not their strength build and probably not their mental attitudes. The best survivors are the ones with a huge variety of people. Like Marqueses,Australia or Pearl Islands.

"As A Promo"
Posted by Devious Weasel on 01-11-05 at 11:07 AM
It actually works pretty well - the music is more intense than the standard Survivor promo, the voice over sounds more urgent, and the emphasis he puts on "Lost for real" makes it obvious they are taking a shot at that show.

Posted by VolcanicGlass on 01-11-05 at 03:03 PM
The footage is all recycled from previous seasons or from the preview at the S9 Finale.

Posted by caveman on 01-11-05 at 03:52 PM
'Lost for real' may also be a clue that the Survivors will experience a true survival challenge. No indication of where to set up a camp, or whether or not they will ever be forming tribes. No idea if they will even be remaining on the island they have land on.

I'm looking forward to a game start that really tests the players and strains the emotions from the outset. Picture 20 individuals being followed around by cameras, but 'no help' and no directions from the production staff and no sign of Jeff until the third day. Alone and confused just long enough to force leaders to step forward for the sake of survival. Strategy and political correctness be damned.

Caveman

"Inconsistency ..."
Posted by mikey on 01-11-05 at 03:55 PM
If the castaways are "lost for real", how could 3 of them be sent home in the first episode -- doesn't Jiffy need to find them first?

"RE: Inconsistency ..."
Posted by Brownroach on 01-11-05 at 04:15 PM
Whatever happens, the camera crew will be following them around. They won't be *that* "lost".

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Posted by Devious Weasel on 01-11-05 at 04:47 PM
It really is just a shot at that other television show.

Posted by Dakota on 01-11-05 at 08:51 PM
>Whatever happens, the camera crew will
>be following them around.
> They won't be *that*
>"lost".

Although it would be politically incorrect to let them die of hunger, thirst or hypothermia, especially with the cameras on, MB can keep them quite miserable, and he enjoys watching them squirm. So really lost might mean they don't find camp or there is no flag to run to, no map to water. They have to decide for themselves where to build a camp, have to find a water source.
Charter Member: Club Anti-DAW

"A working theory"
Posted by FesterFan1 on 01-11-05 at 09:50 PM
We open with 20 castaways on a boat, maybe below deck. Jeff narrates over top of this footage, but he's not on the boat like he usually is. At a predetermined spot, one of the boat's crew (maybe the captain) gives them a tree-mail style note. It says something to the effect of "The game's afoot. Here's a map. Take the boats to your campsite." And that's it.

All 20 then row to the same campsite in 2 10-person boats. There is a flag and maybe a pot and machete (then again, maybe not). There is enough information, and the presence of a camera crew, to make them realize that they are, in fact, playing. Day 1 and Day 2 they build their camp. On Day 3, they have treemail that tells them to go to the IC.

At the IC, Jeff is waiting, and there is some form of tribal selection. Perhaps here is where the first 2 go home, either by not being chosen, or by losing some sort of competition. The remaining 18 (2 tribes of 9) then receive buffs and have the IC. The winner gets to keep the campsite as reward. The loser goes to TC, votes someone out, and gets a map to the second campsite that they have to find in the dark, and have to begin to build from scratch.

From there it more resembles previous incarnations.

Thoughts? Holes? What am I forgetting?

Fester

"RE: A working theory"
Posted by KObrien_fan on 01-11-05 at 09:59 PM
There have been three buff colors revealed, I doubt that any of them is the merge color. Maybe some how they get split into 3 tribes of 6 at the IC and the remaining 2 have to leave as your scenario above. Or maybe we have 2 early quitters? One tribe wins IC, the other comes in 2nd and gets immunity too, the third tribe goes to TC and votes out the third person.

S9 LOTD Champion

"WW2"
Posted by MattyMax on 01-11-05 at 10:39 PM
Guys. This is WW2 era stuff. the bunker, the modern building, the howitzer or whatever in shot 38. The Palau were huge WW2 Pacific battlefronts. They're filled with bases and weapons and bunkers, but not many people (save the old japanese man who still thinks the war is going on).

Post-War Survivor. Post-Apocalyptic Survivor!

MM

"RE: WW2"
Posted by MattyMax on 01-12-05 at 01:20 PM
Another shot from the Fever set:

Isn't that a WW2 era fighter plane, on the ocean floor?

and check this out from the cbs website:

I think this is the theme for the season.

"RE: WW2"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 01-12-05 at 02:41 PM
It's already been well-established that there's a "war" theme to the season -- there will be buffs that are camouflage-coloured, for one.

Scratch and sniff

"3 castaways will be going home"
Posted by bebekid on 01-12-05 at 10:27 AM
LAST EDITED ON 01-12-05 AT 10:30 AM (EST)

A premiere so intense says to me that 2 castaways will be booted and one will quit. Didn't Jiffy allude to someone quitting at the S9 finale?

Just my initial reaction.

edited to remove sigpic.

"RE: 3 castaways will be going home"
Posted by Brownroach on 01-12-05 at 01:41 PM
LAST EDITED ON 01-12-05 AT 05:55 PM (EST)

I don't think anyone quits, at least not in Ep 1. On each occasion in the past that someone quit, the quitter was turned into that episode's departure and there was no other bootee.

If three people are leaving in Ep 1, it is because MB planned for three people to leave. Maybe one or more gets axed without a TC vote, although I submit that if the premiere is 2 hours there would be enough time to have at least two, or even three, tribal councils (though 3 seems unlikely).

Posted by Loree on 01-12-05 at 02:16 PM
I can see some kind of competition that boots the slowest/weakest/dumbest male and female before tribes are even chosen. They are proven to not be Survivors and asked to leave. It would be a way to get rid of the ones that should have never went on the show in the first place. Then the third person to leave is voted off in normal TC.

Posted by pmspml5 on 01-12-05 at 03:21 PM
To me the key here is "so Intense" and "going home". They have not used that term before unless leaving was voluntary that I can remember - also the hint that it is a while before they figure out their not getting any help. I'm going out on a limb and saying that at least one person quits right away. JP's comment at the reunion show and these 2 comments leads me to believe this.

Posted by Loquatrix on 01-22-05 at 00:59 AM
I tend to concur with Brownroach that the two early exits (and thus three total departures) in Episode 1 is intentional on the part of the producers rather than unplanned quitting by cast members. Otherwise, why would we be starting the game with such a strange number of people?

If they weren't planning to get down to 18 people immediately (for division into the three tribes of nine), how were they planning to divide a cast of twenty?

Posted by ohmyheck on 01-22-05 at 11:59 AM
three tribes of nine???

Posted by Loquatrix on 01-22-05 at 01:33 PM
Um... duh! I meant two tribes of nine. Slap upside head for me!

Posted by Devious Weasel on 01-12-05 at 03:44 PM
Also, the assumption is that the first episode is still over 1-3 days. I don't think anyone, no matter how bad the conditions, would want to quit after only 1-3 days.

Posted by FesterFan1 on 01-12-05 at 04:03 PM
I dunno. When did Osten first broach the subject? Somewhere around Day 4 if memory serves. Matter of fact, the E2 title was "To Quit or Not to Quit".

If they're given no rations, no water map, no boiling pot or machete, and they're told there will be no rewards, someone might say "Screw you guys, I'm going home." Not saying I believe that's what happens, mind you.

Fester

Posted by Brownroach on 01-12-05 at 04:23 PM
It's possible someone gets sick upon arrival and simply cannot adapt to the conditions. Still, I'd expect the person to wait till the second day at the very least before deciding to pack it in.

Either way, I still think that if three departures occur during the time period covered by Ep 1, it is because MB intended all along for three people to leave during that time. I don't think a quitter would be handled as an "extra" departure, as that would mess up MB's boot schedule from the get-go.

Posted by FesterFan1 on 01-12-05 at 04:48 PM
LAST EDITED ON 01-12-05 AT 07:42 PM (EST)

I tend to agree with this, which is why I don't think someone quits in E1. I just don't want to discount the possibility out of hand.

But I do think at least one person quits during the S10 run.

Fester

Posted by Ontheroadagain on 01-12-05 at 07:36 PM
Gotta think that with 20 castaways instead of 18 and with 3 going in the first show instead of 1 that it was meant to be. I suspect that 3 teams of 6 will be picked and the 2 not picked will be going home. Then the usual boot at the end.

Posted by Flowerpower on 01-12-05 at 10:03 PM
I agree Fester, especially when they get there and they see who their competition is....all of those super DAWS!

Posted by aethelstan on 01-19-05 at 03:31 PM
To me, three going home suggests that this time, MB decided not to have two alternates but instead throw them in right away and let some sort of challenge decide which 2 of the 20 become the 'alternates'.

What sort of challenge? Military style obstacle race with the last 2 going home? This would fit with the theme and serve to increase the likelihood of a younger, fitter group lasting longer in the game (since people complained that Vanuatu had a geriatric jury). However, this would be quite unfair to some of the older competitors if, for example, they have a bum knee. Nevertheless, I think the emphasis will be on some more physically demanding challenges this time around.

©Kittyloaf Creations, 2004
Sorry if I'm bumping an old thread, I've been away.

Posted by RyrieRae on 01-22-05 at 09:10 AM
The only who would I would classify as "older" would be the Firefighter and Wanda. I'm sure the Firefighter is in great shape, but Wanda is kind of a wild card. She seems thin and energetic, so maybe she could give the younger ones a run for their money. I mean, how athletic does a gay hair dresser sound?

If you were referring to Scout with the "bum knee" comment, that was a total surprise to the producers. She kept it a secret to get/remain on the show. Should someone pull the same stunt this time around, they may be very sorry.

Posted by volsfan on 01-22-05 at 09:35 AM
I mean, how athletic does a gay hair dresser sound?

You may be right but let's wait until we see the person until we make such judgements!

Posted by Scarlett O Hara on 01-23-05 at 09:23 AM
The only who would I would classify as "older" would be the Firefighter and Wanda.

Now look here Ryrie Rae ... Tom the Firefighter is really not old ... he is in his early 40's and appears to be in great shape. I would put him up against any of those young babes any day of the week in ANY atheletic competition ...

There are many 40-year-olds that I know that are in fantastic physical shape!

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 01-23-05 at 09:36 AM
Don't forget Will "Not-So-Fresh Prince of Palau" Smith, who's in his mid-50's. That's quite a bit older than the Firefighter.

Scratch and sniff

"PREMIERE IS FEBRUARY 17! "
Posted by smokedog on 01-13-05 at 11:15 AM
Per cbs.com. The official website is up.