URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 5617
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S9 Finale East Coast Update Thread "

Posted by IceCat on 12-12-04 at 07:21 PM
Please discuss tonight's finale only on this thread until the folks on the West Coast have a chance to see the episode. Thanks.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Here we go..."
Posted by IceCat on 12-12-04 at 07:22 PM
Posted a little early just in case people were getting excited for the show to start.

"WOW!"
Posted by volsfan on 12-12-04 at 07:23 PM
Have we ever had a finale when spoilers were so all over the place?

I.CAN'T.WAIT!

This season has been so much better than All Stars!

"RE: WOW!"
Posted by Gothmog on 12-12-04 at 07:25 PM
I'll be here with play by play for the west-coasters. You too, doc?

Posted by volsfan on 12-12-04 at 07:29 PM
Yep! It should be fun!

Posted by Capn2patch on 12-12-04 at 07:31 PM
Oh yeah sure. Tonite I've got the television all to myself and you two jokers are doing PBP.

"What?"
Posted by volsfan on 12-12-04 at 07:33 PM
You can join in! Do you never have the TV to yourself?

"RE: What?"
Posted by Capn2patch on 12-12-04 at 07:35 PM
There's 4 of us here, including 2 teenagers, competing for 2 televisions. Sometimes Dad has to take one for the team.

"RE: What?"
Posted by KeithFan on 12-12-04 at 07:38 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-12-04 AT 07:41 PM (EST)

When there is going to be a good episode I always invite company, then the kids can't have the good TV!

"Survivor Party"
Posted by Capn2patch on 12-12-04 at 07:43 PM
Greetings and salutations from the Great White North for your guests.

Posted by nattynats on 12-12-04 at 07:34 PM
I'm looking forward tot he play by play.... I can't wait until tonight (Monday night from 7.30 Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time)...

So bring on the blow-by-blow plays... Love you guys!!!

Posted by Jims02 on 12-12-04 at 07:42 PM
This is more exciting than normal. I'm seriously considering doing a Spoiler-Free Study for next season, to see how entertaining (or surprising) the show is without spoilers.

A 2004 holiday treat from Mon Cherie. Jims' Random Thoughts

"I am down the street"
Posted by Loquatrix on 12-12-04 at 07:37 PM
from the studio in which the finale and reunion are being taped. If I were the sort to drive down the boulevard specially to egg one of the cast on behalf of SurvivorBlows Tribe, whom would you have me anoint?

"RE: I am down the street"
Posted by Capn2patch on 12-12-04 at 07:39 PM
You can have Pooperts' from me.

Posted by Loree on 12-12-04 at 07:47 PM
I sure hope Rupert won't be on the reunion show. I will scream if he gets anymore screen time.

Posted by ExInterper on 12-12-04 at 07:49 PM
I'm willing to be a shiny new penny that he's going to be an audience interviewer. God help us all.

(c) Slicey 2004
Mmmm...blog.... "Politics or just a game? Well in the end they knew his name." -- Mighty Mighty Bosstones

Posted by Capn2patch on 12-12-04 at 07:52 PM
Want a couple of spare patches, cause at the most inopportune time, SeeBS is sure to capitalize on his 'star' value. Get ready.

Posted by forehead on 12-12-04 at 07:40 PM
Twila

Posted by KeithFan on 12-12-04 at 07:40 PM
I would say Ami, but I just saw her "previous exposure" pictures for the first time today, so I have to cut her some slack!

Posted by applejack93 on 12-12-04 at 07:41 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-12-04 AT 07:56 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 12-12-04 AT 07:44 PM (EST)

Brook and Dolly, for being so damn bad at the game.

Sorry, I deleted the 'e'. MY apologies.

Posted by ExInterper on 12-12-04 at 07:47 PM
On behalf of all male "Brook"s everwhere, for the love of god:

THE GUY'S VERSION OF THAT NAME DOES NOT INCLUDE AN "E".

Sorry...kinda lost it there for a minute.

Sorry I can't help out with PBP tonight, GM & Doc: I'm only going to have half an eye on the finale, with an exam tomorrow morning.

(c) Slicey 2004
Mmmm...blog.... "Politics or just a game? Well in the end they knew his name." -- Mighty Mighty Bosstones

Posted by volsfan on 12-12-04 at 08:46 PM
That's ok...just enjoy the show and good luck on your exam in the morning!

Posted by dreamerbeliever on 12-12-04 at 07:44 PM
lol, nobody on the current cast would warrant a middle finger salute but if ya see Fairplay, wave one high and proud for me.

Enjoy the show all!

Posted by dabo on 12-12-04 at 07:49 PM
If you see Osten give a traditional Brooklyn cheer for me, mmkay!

"Ditto."
Posted by Coconut on 12-12-04 at 07:51 PM
If you can't egg Osten, get Eliza for me, okay?

I am working on the EP 13 summary as we speak, so no play-by-play for me.

"10 minutes to go..."
Posted by Capn2patch on 12-12-04 at 07:45 PM
...before, "Last Week On Survivor Vanuatu"!!

"Hello "
Posted by samboohoo on 12-12-04 at 07:45 PM
Just wanted to say Hi and Have Fun. No laptop tonight, and I can't keep running back and forth.

See you in the morning!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

No Desparate Housewives tonight, either. Why couldn't they have had that movie this week?

"RE: Hello "
Posted by volsfan on 12-12-04 at 07:52 PM
There is an episode of Desparate Housewives...I am taping it!

"Previuosly on Survivor"
Posted by volsfan on 12-12-04 at 07:51 PM
will take forever tonight! I bet it will be the first 10 mins...I won't PBP this part!

"My receiver went out on me yesterday"
Posted by Magic Fingers on 12-12-04 at 07:53 PM
I am soooooo glad you guys are here tonight...my sat. receiver went out yesterday and I was gonna panic if you weren't here tonight.
A BIG THANK YOU FROM ME

"The Spirit Stone"
Posted by volsfan on 12-12-04 at 07:54 PM
Was shown in the recarp!

"RE: The Spirit Stone"
Posted by Loree on 12-12-04 at 07:55 PM
And now they are going thru every boot. So this will take awhile.

"Opening"
Posted by Gothmog on 12-12-04 at 07:55 PM
Seeing everyone at the beginning of the game again, I'm always surprised how much weight the F4 has lost--especially Chris

"RE: Opening"
Posted by volsfan on 12-12-04 at 07:56 PM
I noticed that too! I couldn't believe at how much weight he lost!

"RE: S9 Finale East Coast Update Thread "
Posted by Estee on 12-12-04 at 07:55 PM
My challenge? Staying awake. Weird work hours may catch up to me again, and there's every chance I'll pass out before Jiffie reads off the last vote. There's no way I'm making it through the reunion show.

I've set up a noisy environment, though, so I'll try to at least make it through Scout's win.

(If I say it, it won't happen. Right?)

"Reliving the entire season"
Posted by volsfan on 12-12-04 at 07:55 PM
Almost day by day!

"RE: Reliving the entire season"
Posted by dreamerbeliever on 12-12-04 at 07:58 PM
was there a worse move this season then Bubba's signal to Chris? Hey look there was Scout being pathetic at a challenge again, imagine that.

"RE: Reliving the entire season"
Posted by cadfile on 12-12-04 at 08:02 PM
Will they have time for the reunion show now.....

--
Doug

Cousin Eddie: Every time Catherine would turn on the microwave, I'd pee my pants and forget who I was for about half an hour.

"after last TC"
Posted by Loree on 12-12-04 at 08:02 PM
I am waiting to see how angry Eliza was with Chris voting out Julie. Can he calm her down and make her see he did it for them and the game?

"RE: after last TC"
Posted by dreamerbeliever on 12-12-04 at 08:05 PM
Really hoping so, Eliza is Chris's ticket to final two I think. Plus he did kind of forwarn her last episode that if he did it, it would be for their good. We shall see in a minute or so.

"RE: after last TC"
Posted by dreamerbeliever on 12-12-04 at 08:11 PM
Yes Chris did manage to calm down Eliza. Said it was for their good and that she should have more faith in the person she is alligned with.

Also said that Julie deserved to get voted off and it was payback for her switching back to the girl power when the merge happened.

"Whew!"
Posted by volsfan on 12-12-04 at 08:02 PM
That's over and now another 3 mins of commercials! URGH!

"I am gonna post"
Posted by volsfan on 12-12-04 at 08:04 PM
by commercial block. I will include one entire segment in my post. I think GM is going to do that as well. Feel free to help us out!

"After Final 5 TC"
Posted by volsfan on 12-12-04 at 08:15 PM
Night 36

Chris had the first confessional. Eliza saying it is hard to know who to trust and that you believe in people and they do something else. Chris says that it is part of the game. Twila goes off and tells Eliza that she doesn't deserve to be there! Says that Eliza has only boiled water. Eliza says that she has conserved her energy! Twila says that everyone has used Eliza up to this point and that is the only reason she is left in the game

Eliza and Chris talking about sticking with an alliance with her tomorrow. Chris says that he voted out Julie for their final 2 alliance. Chris tells her that she should put faith in him and then tells her to not talk about it right now.

Day 37

Eliza says that she would not imagined that these would be the final four. They are getting ready for the immunity challenge. Eliza says that Chris or her has to have immunity.

THE CHALLENGE!

The big wall thingie..is a verticle maze collecting wooden tiles and there are 10. They will untie them and the tiles have letters and they have to solve the two word puzzle.

GO! Scout just walks in...This looks pretty cool! Twila has her first pair of tiles and now Chris has his. Eliza having problems. Twila with two and now Eliza has one. Scout should just sit down!

All have two sets. now all but Scout have three. It is a three person race with 7 pairs each! Chris has 9 pairs...Eliza 8 and Twila has 9! Chris has the 10th and ready to start the puzzle. Twila has now started. Down to Chris and Twila.

The words are Final Three and Chris wins immunity!

"1st segment"
Posted by Gothmog on 12-12-04 at 08:15 PM
8:13 and we still haven't had anything new yet....
ok, here we go.

Mood shots: skull and volcano
Night 36.
Chris: I got Julie back after she pulled a fast one after the merge.
Eliza is depressed, Chris says it's part of the game. Eliza and Twila fight over Twila's "Eliza doesn't deserve to be here." T says that E has been riding coattails, E says she's been playing the game by playing the challenges.

Eliza: I think Twila's a dumb b!tch. She tells Chris that she doesn't want to see Scout or Twila in final two. Chris tries to convince E that their alliance is still strong. Chris says in confessional he doesn't think much of any of the women here. E & T's arguing puts some excitement in camp.

E: I never would have imagined that this would be the F4. It's clear that S & T will vote for me; I really need immunity to stay in this game. If not me, I pray it's Chris.

Challenge: it's a vertical maze--collect 10 pairs of wooden tiles, reveal 10 letters to form 2-word answer.

Twila has a pair. Scout limps along. Chris has 1. T--2, Eliza follows T for her first. S =1, e-2, c-2, t-3, e-3, c-3, e-4, s-2, c-4, t-5, c-5, e-5, t-6, c-6, e-6, t-7, c-7, e-7, t-8, c-8, s-3!, c-9, e-8, t-9, c-10, t-10. Chris and Twila are looking for words. e-9, e-10. Chris has it: spells "Final Three." Chris wins Immunity.

"RE: 1st segment"
Posted by Loree on 12-12-04 at 08:18 PM
I'm curious why Eliza wanted Chris to win the IC if she couldn't. If she really believes Scout and Twila will stick together. Then if Chris has the IC who does she think they will vote against? HER. If she can't win she should be hoping that Chris doesn't win either so they may vote against him instead of her. Eliza plays more for friendship than strategy half the time.

Posted by volsfan on 12-12-04 at 08:18 PM
Great job with the exact words said! Hell, I can't type that fast!

"Wow"
Posted by moonbaby on 12-12-04 at 08:19 PM
A new challenge! Dooood! So glad to see Chris win immunity-now he is more in the middle than ever.

"RE: Wow"
Posted by Loree on 12-12-04 at 08:21 PM
Chris was smart to start at the top when he had the energy to climb. As he got tired he didn't have to climb as far.

Posted by Estee on 12-12-04 at 08:20 PM
At this point, does Chris decide 'I can beat Scout and Twila at anything up to and including Death By Tiddlywinks' and turn on Eliza? Because if not, the other option is starting to look like The Purple Rock.

It's finally reached the point where watching Scout struggle around the challenge courses is producing empathy pains. 'Scout's going to give it a try.' There's always the chance of aliens abducting the other three.

"Volsfan and Gothmog"
Posted by BoBoSYD on 12-12-04 at 08:19 PM
In case I dont get a chance to say it later on - THANKS!

"RE: Volsfan and Gothmog"
Posted by volsfan on 12-12-04 at 08:30 PM
You are welcome! I hope you enjoy!

"RE: Volsfan and Gothmog"
Posted by Gothmog on 12-12-04 at 08:46 PM
you're very welcome! I enjoy this, actually!

"Final Immunity Challenge"
Posted by Gothmog on 12-12-04 at 08:54 PM
They will use bow and arrow--in ready position. When they release bow, it will pierce a marker, and they're out. They can't touch ground, and they will be barefoot on stumps.

This takes lots of concentration, says Jiff. Scout is out. Big surprise there. Twila is holding her bow up, Chris is holding his down. Twila almost loses her balance. Twila looks shaky, Chris looks pretty steady. Now Chris looks shaky. They start talking strategy. Chris tells Twila to step down. She snaps back. Scout encourages Twila. Chris says you better stay up there, since they now know where they stand. 55 minutes. Chris says he's not feeling anything yet. Twila slips and pierces. Chris wins immunity!

"I'm an idiot"
Posted by Gothmog on 12-12-04 at 08:57 PM
I don't know how this ended up here. Oh well.

"Chris says Twila "
Posted by moonbaby on 12-12-04 at 08:22 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-12-04 AT 08:24 PM (EST)

gets on his nerves. Encouraged her to chide Eliza.

He also said in confessional he feels he has no alliance with anyone, all he cares about is getting to the next step. He went there to win.

"Eliza was working Scout"
Posted by Loree on 12-12-04 at 08:24 PM
Eliza really wants to vote out Twila. She completely trusts Chris.

"RE: Chris says Twila "
Posted by cadfile on 12-12-04 at 08:25 PM
Misdirection Misdirection Misdirection

I bet Eliza goes

--
Doug

Cousin Eddie: Every time Catherine would turn on the microwave, I'd pee my pants and forget who I was for about half an hour.

"what the heck"
Posted by moonbaby on 12-12-04 at 08:28 PM
is that orange thing Ami is wearing around her neck?

"nice!"
Posted by moonbaby on 12-12-04 at 08:30 PM
and so goes my PTTE.

"The jury"
Posted by Loree on 12-12-04 at 08:27 PM
They keep showing Sarge and he is not happy.

"Plotting..."
Posted by volsfan on 12-12-04 at 08:30 PM
Day 37...Chris says that it is a beautiful day! Scout says that the necklace looks good on him. Twila was right on his tail.

Chris, Scout and Twila hug and say final 3! They are hugging. Twila says the little wench is going tonight. Twila asks if she needs to pack her bags? OMH! Chris tells Twila to give Eliza a hard time. Twila is smiling from ear to ear. Twila says that Chris is working it to make sure that she gives the peeps a hard time.

Chris is telling Scout that he wants to make sure they are ok. Chris is saying that he has an alliance with all three women. Chris telling Eliza that the other two have no clue that they have an alliance.

Eliza and Scout talking now and Eliza asks Scout if she has a deal with Chris and she says that she has thought about it. Eliza tells Scout that she wants Chris and Scout in final 2. Eliza says to Scout...you wanna vote out Twila tonight and Scout says that she has thought about it.

Chris says he just wants to win and to hell with everyone else!

TC:

First question at TC goes to : Eliza

He asks her about the balance beam and Chris and if she is envious. Eliza says that if not her for II she wanted Chris to win. Eliza says she has a friendship with Chris.

Twila says that she trusts no one! She did pack her bags and that she is at ease about the TC. Eliza looks at Chris. Scout says that it would surprise her if it is her.

Chris says that he has a relationship with all three of the women.

Twila says there have been days where she has done things she shouldn't have.

Time to vote: Chris keeps Immunity

Eliza votes first and votes Twila for the third time!
Twila vote Eliza

Jiffy to tally the votes

1st vote Eliza
2nd vote Twila
3rd vote Eliza
4th vote Eliza!

She looks at Chris like she could beat the carp out of him! Chris just smirks at her!

BWAHAHAHAHA! That was hilarious!

"RE: Plotting..."
Posted by Loree on 12-12-04 at 08:32 PM
Chris would rather challenge Scout and Twila in a comp than Eliza. But Eliza would take him to the final 2. Twila and Scout might take each other. OK Scout will never win anything. But would Twila take Chris or Scout? And will Julie and Eliza be angry enough at Chris to vote for Twila or Scout over him?

Posted by applejack93 on 12-12-04 at 08:33 PM
Chris no longer has Eliza or Julie's votes if he gets to F2.

Posted by dreamerbeliever on 12-12-04 at 08:35 PM
Oh my gosh, that was the funniest reaction shot of a remaining player after someone was voted out. Still have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard.

"2nd segment"
Posted by Gothmog on 12-12-04 at 08:30 PM
Back home--it's a beautiful day. Chris: I'm not going to give up on this game. Twila gave me a run for my money, but immunity is all I wanted.
He hugs Scout and Twila, they look like they're voting out Eliza. Twila--I want to gloat that that little ***** is going home. Chris: Twila gets on my nerves. Chris is trying to instigate Twila and Eliza. Twila sees that Chris is trying to get her to p!ss off the jury. She wonders if she should pack her bags or not (uh oh). Chris and Scout discuss strategy. He says he has an alliance with all three of them. And he's tired of all three of them.

Eliza: I put all of my trust into Chris; now that we've made this pact, neither one is going to vote against each other. Eliza goes to Scout and tries to convince her to vote for Twila. She says she wants S & C to be in final two. Scout says she's thought about voting for T.

Chris: it's all about getting to the next step; there's no loyalty in this game. I came to win.

Tribal Council:
Jury comes in:
Jeff brings up 1st challenge balance beam.
Eliza: I'm glad it's Chris, if it couldn't be me. I have afriendship with Chris.
Twila: I like these people, but don't trust them. I'm not comfortable enough to trust, but this is the first night I feel good about vote. (Eliza shoots Chris a look!)
Scout: I'd be surprised if I was voted out, but I'll get up and go.
Chris: I have relationships with all three of these, but I'm playing the game, and putting friendship aside.
Twila: Most definitely I've made mistakes out here, like swearing on my sons name. But if I win the million, he'll be fine with it. But I still shouldn't have done it.

Chris does not give up immunity.

Eliza votes Twila: this is my 3rd vote for you; you're like the cockroach that won't die under the fridge.
Twila votes Eliza: If you go home, it'll be the happiest night since I've been here.
Other two aren't shown.

Tally: Eliza, Twila, Liza, Eliza. Eliza's gone. Eliza gives chris a hard look. Chris smirks back.

Jeff: tomorrow's challenge is critical, brak brak brak

Eliza's last words: I'm definitely disappointed that Chris voted for me when he swore he wouldn't. I didn't have a single ally in this game.

Posted by Estee on 12-12-04 at 08:31 PM
Notice Scout's expression when Jiffie mentioned the final Immunity Challenge? 'Forfeit.'

Posted by cadfile on 12-12-04 at 08:38 PM
Jiffy: So now you will go over to the most sacret site in Vanuatu so we can descrate it for cheap televison programing.....

--
Doug

"Chris counting on final immunity"
Posted by IceCat on 12-12-04 at 08:37 PM
You know it's going to be one of those awkward balance under tension things that will favor the two women. If we see a Twila/Scout final two, I will turn the TV off as soon as Chris gets his torch snuffed.

"RE: Chris counting on final immunity"
Posted by Estee on 12-12-04 at 08:46 PM
Since this is my nightmare, I'm not sure if I'm still awake or not...

"Time for 'Fallen Numbties'..."
Posted by IceCat on 12-12-04 at 08:39 PM
The Losers Litany is the suckiest part of the entire format of the show.

"RE: Time for 'Fallen Numbties'..."
Posted by Loree on 12-12-04 at 08:43 PM
This is so we will recognize everyone at the reunion show instead of saying "Who was that?"

"LOL"
Posted by moonbaby on 12-12-04 at 08:47 PM
I never thought of that!

"I just realized"
Posted by moonbaby on 12-12-04 at 08:40 PM
Bubba is Bobby Hill all grown up

"RE: I just realized"
Posted by Loree on 12-12-04 at 08:42 PM
>Bubba is Bobby Hill all grown
>up

That is hilarious. And I can see it.

"ah tell u whut..."
Posted by IceCat on 12-12-04 at 09:18 PM

"that is priceless!"
Posted by moonbaby on 12-12-04 at 09:43 PM

"3rd segment"
Posted by Gothmog on 12-12-04 at 08:43 PM
Chris: I stick with my alliance.
Scout: it's so quiet!
Twila: It's like a thorn is gone from my foot.
Chris: I can't believe I'm playing the game like this--with all the deceiving. But you have to, if you want the million.

Jeff comes next morning. He reminds them of the story he just told--the island that nobody visited for 700 years is right across from them. They will paddle to it, find torches of survivors that are gone. They will take a moment to reflect on them, then go to burial site of Roymata (sp?) and make an offering, say thanks, leave something of value. Twila: this will be a happy and a sad day all at once.

The arrive, stop at torches. I'm not going to PBP this: they say some words at each torch, and we see clips from each survivor, as they talk about their experience.

They come to the cheif's burial ground. Chris leaves the Spirit Stone. Scout leaves the chief staff. Twila says thanks and offers other chief staff.
Scout: I had a special feeling of being a part of a history that I didn't know about. I have a lot of respect for it.

Posted by volsfan on 12-12-04 at 08:43 PM
Chris and Twila laughing at the look Eliza gave Chris. Scout saying that it is so quit and everyone is happy. They are enjoying the stars!

Chris says he can't believe he is lying but he has to in order to win a million bucks because that would change your life.

Jiffy shows up at day 38. Jiffy tells them they remember the story of the chief that was poisoned. The island is the one in front of them and is the most sacred spot. They are going to go down memory freakin lane. They are going to actual burial sight of the chief and they have offer something as a sacrafice. Jiffy will meet them over at the island. They have to paddle there. Twila says they will get there by noon tomorrow! BWAHAHAHA!

Brook and Chris says that he really had no chance and we hear a voice over from Brook. Dolly says she was confused and couldn't make up her mind. John P. says that this has changed things for him. Mia says that she just didn't get along with the women and her temper was her downfall (you think)? Brady says that he shouldn't have climb the pole. Bubba says that he learned alot by going to do the show and he is excited to see his children. John K. says he is a bummed and he wanted to win. Rory has no regrets at all because he played the game! Lea (Sarge) says his downfall was putting trust in age (OMH...he admits it!) Chad did some soul searching and now he is stronger for it. Leann says it was worth every minute. Ami says that her strategy was to stick with the women (WE KNOW!). Jules says it was a mental battle as to what to expose. Eliza says it is the best experience except for not winning.

They are at the burial sight and there are shells lying on the grave. Chris offers the SPIRITUAL IDOL! Scout offers a chief staff. Twila offers another staff as well.

Scout babbles something in tongues!

Posted by Loree on 12-12-04 at 08:46 PM
If Scout makes it to the F2 we should all sue CBS. She is the most pathetic player they have ever had make it this far.

This is reminding me of Brian from Thailand at the end. He has the older players and they all like him.

Posted by Cat_Eyes on 12-12-04 at 08:57 PM
I can't take it anymore - I have been a lurker since Survivor 2, and now must voice my frustration to this final 3. I should have been able to predict the winner, because seasons past it has always been the one I dislike. I dislike Scout the most, she doesn't deserve to be there, so according to my personal theory - she will win - - ugh.... please tell me I am crazy and that she really didn't make it to the final three.

Posted by dabo on 12-13-04 at 00:45 AM
Welcome aboard, Cat_Eyes!

They all started the game this time azz-backwards, thinking post-merge strategies without paying attention to pre-merge strategies, or she would never have even made the merge.

"Oh geez "
Posted by moonbaby on 12-12-04 at 08:49 PM
Hold bow and arrow for as long as you can while balancing each foot on a stump-barefoot. See ya Scout.

"RE: Oh geez "
Posted by Loree on 12-12-04 at 08:51 PM
I like this challenge because it involves more than one thing. It takes strength, balance and willpower.

Oh Gee Scout is 1st out.

"4th Segment"
Posted by volsfan on 12-12-04 at 08:54 PM
Jiffy brings up on top of a huge rock with what appears to be sun dials. IC!

There is a bow and arrow with a warrior pose and the when the arrow pierces a marker they lose. They have to draw the arrow back and hold it! They have to stand on two logs without falling down. They have pulled the arrows back and the challenge has begun! Scout is doing it!

Scout is struggling. Chris and Twila standing pretty still. Scout is out first! SURPRISE! Twila was looking over at Scout and is wobbly! She saved it though.

30 minutes in and they are still standing. Chris is wobbly. Chris says you know the outcome and it is good as gold. Twila says give it up. Chris tells Twila that she backstabbed him at Lopevi. Scout has now passed out on the rock.

55 minutes later and Chris is excited. Chris asks Scout if she is dreaming of Twila winning. Chris is very arrogant! Jiffy asks Chris if there is so much why he don't step down.

Twila falls and Chris wins immunity! I guess he came through when he needed! Chris is in the final two!

"RE: 4th Segment"
Posted by Gothmog on 12-12-04 at 08:58 PM
I goofed and posted my PBP of the final challege up above. I'm an idiot. Keep up the good work, doc.

"RE: 4th Segment"
Posted by volsfan on 12-12-04 at 09:07 PM
I did this last week or the week before...right? BWAHAHAHAHA! It happens to all of us!

"YAY!"
Posted by moonbaby on 12-12-04 at 08:54 PM
Chris wins final immunity. HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!!!

"RE: YAY!"
Posted by Loree on 12-12-04 at 08:57 PM
Oh this is great. I would have died if we had Scout and Twila in the F2. Now Chris has to figure out who is more disliked. Scout or Twila? Actually Scout has done nothing to deserve being in the F2. If anyone voted for her they would be a disgrace to the game. Go Chris!

"RE: YAY!"
Posted by cadfile on 12-12-04 at 08:58 PM
Chris should take Twila to F2 he has a better chance.

--
Doug

"Chris takes Twila to F2"
Posted by moonbaby on 12-12-04 at 09:06 PM

"Final 3 TC"
Posted by volsfan on 12-12-04 at 09:05 PM
Chris saying that Twila was tough competition. Twila says that Chris has an alliance to go to the final two. Twila and Scout have a hug pack. Chris says that if Twila had an alliance with Scout that Twila ain't going. Chris asks Scout if they had a final two agreement and Scout says no...they have an agreement to go to final 4 but not to final 2! Chris says that Scout is honest and he respects her for that. Twila comes over and asks Chris for a big hug.

1st question at TC goes to Chris

Chris says that Twila is thick skinned. He says that he didn't get approached by either woman and that he was holding the cards and he will make it. Scout says that the the other two are amazing people. Twila says she has played all the way to get where they are. Chris says he respects how Scout got to the end of the game. He says that Twila was aggressive whether lie or tell the truth.

Time to vote. Chris will vote for the person to take to the final two.

Jiffy to tally the vote!

Chris chooses to take Twila to the final two. Scout is voted out!

"F3 tribal council "
Posted by Gothmog on 12-12-04 at 09:05 PM
Chris: I'm shocked. Twila was stiff competition, but there's no way I was losing. Chris asks what Twila would have done--she says no. They had a pact to take each other. But Chris wants to know if Twila and Scout also has a pact. Scout tells him no. Chris thinks he can believe her, that they didn't have a pact. Chris thinks about the jury--will they vote on likability or will they vote on who played the game? He can't predict; his decision might be made a tribal council tonight.

TC:
Jury comes in. Eliza still glares at Chris.

They discuss the deal they tried to make at the final immunity challenge. Chris: When scout said "hang in there" I thought maybe T and I didn't have a deal. I wasn't approached by either one. They knew I had to make a decision, and they left it at that.
Scout: I'm happy--these are two great people
Twila: I don't want to settle for third
Jeff: you have a $900,000 decision to make here
Chris: I think Scout played a good mental game. Twila played hard. But I can't look at how they played the game; I have to look at how I played.

Time to vote. Chris heads past the jury, and let me say how hot Leann is looking! Wow.

Vote: Scout. It's Chris vs. Twila.

"Scout's last words"
Posted by Gothmog on 12-12-04 at 09:07 PM
I feel goood about how I played the game: was loyal up to a point, and then loyal with a new alliance to turn the game around. I'm proud to have gotten this far, and wish Chris and Twila the best.

"RE: F3 tribal council "
Posted by skye on 12-12-04 at 09:07 PM
OMH. Did you see Ami's face? How bitter is she?

Posted by J Slice on 12-12-04 at 09:08 PM
She is sooo... pathetic?

I hope someone smacks her at the reunion.

Scout handled her departure very well. I always did like her.

Posted by Loree on 12-12-04 at 09:09 PM
I wondered if Amy and the rest were reacting to that open mouthed kiss Scout gave Chris.

Posted by tempo on 12-12-04 at 09:14 PM
>I wondered if Amy and the
>rest were reacting to that
>open mouthed kiss Scout gave
>Chris.

I saw that too! It looked like Ami was grimacing in response. I think the kiss was an accident. They were aiming for cheeks and they got mouth by mistake. No one's mouth was open, though.

Posted by nicalai on 12-12-04 at 09:12 PM
i hope jiffy calls her out on her bitterness at the reunion.

Posted by SouperStar on 12-12-04 at 09:17 PM
>OMH. Did you see Ami's face? How bitter is she?

Ami & Lex, bitter table for two.
Ami & Lex, your bitter table is now ready.

HEY LEX!!It's just a game!
Lex to Ethan -- It's not personal, it's business.
Lex to Jerri -- It's not personal, it's business.
Lex to Rob -- It's personal, bro.

"Nice work, Gman!"
Posted by moonbaby on 12-12-04 at 09:08 PM
I'll stop typing now

How many people on the jury are angry at Chris? How many are upset with Twila. Hmmmm....

"Ami still a sore loser"
Posted by cadfile on 12-12-04 at 09:09 PM
During TC they kept show her making faces like when Scout hugged Chris.

--
Doug

Posted by landruajm on 12-12-04 at 09:11 PM
Gawd, is Ami just the worst human ever to consume our planet's precious oxygen, or what? I think in an Ami-Hitler final two, I'd give the money to Dolf.

Posted by Gothmog on 12-12-04 at 09:25 PM
Lboy, is your opinion even slightly colored by the fact that she's so hot? And plays for the other team?

Posted by landruajm on 12-12-04 at 09:28 PM
She's not hot, and I wonder how many other folks who play for that team have felt the need augment their floatation devices.

Posted by landruajm on 12-12-04 at 09:16 PM
Burn it! Burn the camp!

Hmph. Guess fire isn't everything after all.

"The hammock"
Posted by Loree on 12-12-04 at 09:17 PM
Oh I laughed when Chris and Twila broke the hammock.

"The jury"
Posted by Loree on 12-12-04 at 09:18 PM
Have we ever had a jury so dressed up for the dressing down of the F2?

Posted by J Slice on 12-12-04 at 09:19 PM
Sarge and Scout both shop at the Ugliest Clothing Ever Store.

Posted by tempo on 12-12-04 at 09:20 PM
Eliza's looking like Heidi Fleiss.

"Twila and Chris and first part of last TC"
Posted by volsfan on 12-12-04 at 09:21 PM
Day 39

Chris and Twila are talking about this being the last time they eat maniok. Twila saying she pissed off a lot of people. Chris is saying that he is very stressed! Chris says he ain't taking crap from them and that he knows Twila is an outspoken person. Chris is trying to feed Twila to make sure she takes no crap. That will be the last nail in the coffin for her.

Twila says she played the game the best and that she deserves the million. They are getting ready to go to TC and they give each other a big hug. They break the hammock! They were in it together.

Chris is worried about the women's alliance and that a woman will win it! They are off to the TC. Twila says she has a sense of pride by the way she played. Chris says it is ironic that there were 6 women and him and that he wasn't calling the shots.

TC...

The first question at TC goes to Chris

In his opening statement he says that he was loyal to his alliances and he overcame more odds than anyone.

Twila says that she had a goal to win and she played to win. She realizes she could play better and that is why she should win. She earned it!

"Chris and Twila--last day "
Posted by Gothmog on 12-12-04 at 09:21 PM
Day 39. Twila: I made it! I turned things around in my favor, and it paid off. Chris: I'm definitely feeling stress on a day when I thought I'd never feel stress. I"ve got to keep playing the game.
He tells Twila: I won't take crap from the jury, cuz I know you won't. But he reveals that this is his strategy to let Twila turn off the jury even more.

Twila says she hopes they don't hold it against her because she outwitted and outplayed them. She deserves it just as much as Chris.

They break the hammock. Chris has the women's alliance in the back of his mind--they'll vote for Twila to prove woman's alliance worked. Chris says, as they leave, I'm actually gonna miss this place. Twila says the pride she'll take from this game will be with her a lifetime. It's been an amazing adventure. Chris: If I get 2nd place, being the last man is still an accomplishment. But it's still hard, and it doesn't quit, until I walk off this island and it's over.

Tribal Council.
Jury comes in. Jiff begins with congrats. Rehash over jury having power now, brak brak brak.

Opening statements:
Chris: I deserve to win--I was loyal to alliances in game, I overcame more odds.
Twila: I had one goal: to win. I played to win, played hard. I know I did some things I shouldn't have done, but I did it all to win. I worked hard for it, and I deserve it.

Posted by landruajm on 12-12-04 at 09:23 PM
Dear Lord, I beseech thee, please please please give me that Vickie's Secret commercial to mock during the reunion show.

Posted by landruajm on 12-12-04 at 09:25 PM
And while we're at it, a promo for Wickedly Perfect.

"Eliza thinks it's all about her"
Posted by IceCat on 12-12-04 at 09:26 PM
brak brak brak...

"RE: Eliza thinks it's all about her"
Posted by landruajm on 12-12-04 at 09:29 PM
I invented that. The brak brak brak, not the self-absorption. Yeah, okay, I was in early on the self-absorption thing too.

"You'll notice"
Posted by Gothmog on 12-12-04 at 09:44 PM
that I've used "brak brak brak" twice (ok, this is three times) in my Play by Play so far tonight. If I had more time, I would have footnoted.

"RE: You'll notice"
Posted by landruajm on 12-12-04 at 09:45 PM
Actually, I haven't read it all, but you owed me for not waving to you on the reviewing stand.

"RE: Eliza thinks it's all about her"
Posted by Loree on 12-12-04 at 09:32 PM
They always think it's all about them. This is their last time to grandstand and have the attention.

Posted by J Slice on 12-12-04 at 09:33 PM
Ami's mad at Twila for being honest?

"So far..."
Posted by Loree on 12-12-04 at 09:35 PM
Julie brought on the most tears. I was waiting to see if Jeffy had a tear for Julie.

"RE: So far..."
Posted by citygirl on 12-13-04 at 02:46 AM
So I don't get why both Chris and Twila didn't point out to Julie about the time she lied to them both and screwed them over. She told Twila the guys had promised her final 5, convincing her to stick in the women's alliance. And then she told Chris she and Twila would vote with the guys after the merge and she didn't. Big baby.

Posted by J Slice on 12-12-04 at 09:37 PM
Chris is layin' it on thick, no?

"Sarge"
Posted by Loree on 12-12-04 at 09:38 PM
What is with Sarge's attitude?

"RE: Sarge"
Posted by dreamerbeliever on 12-12-04 at 09:43 PM
Okay, that made zero sense Sarge. He's 99% sure he's going to give Twila his vote so that she can buy back her respect but Chris is still his buddy. Huh? I predict Sarge switches vote for Chris.

"RE: Sarge"
Posted by Loree on 12-12-04 at 09:46 PM
I so often think the jury players want to feel in control. And they want to shock the F2 and the audience. They do not want us to know who they will vote for. Then they feel important.

"Twila may have just won the game"
Posted by IceCat on 12-12-04 at 09:38 PM
She said to Ami... 'I'm a little more hard but I wear it on my sleeve. I didn't hide anything'.

At the same time Chris is coming across as slimy.

"RE: Twila may have just won the game"
Posted by J Slice on 12-12-04 at 09:40 PM
Scout totally drove THAT home. She's very right about Twila not being able to BS

Posted by J Slice on 12-12-04 at 09:38 PM
Sarge is really, really pissed. Whoa.

Posted by cadfile on 12-12-04 at 09:44 PM
The Jury wringer always cracks me up because they talk about stuff that has nothing to do with the game like trust, honesty, and integrity.

If I had been Chris I would said "No one sitting on the jury can tell me that if the roles were reversed you wouldn't have done the same things I did."

Having said that sometimes what is said in the jury isn't how the vote plays out. I think it was classic misdirection making it look like Twila had a better time of it.

--
Doug

"Let the questions begin"
Posted by volsfan on 12-12-04 at 09:40 PM
Eliza is up first:

She tells Twila congrats and that she would do anything and that she is a lying b!tch and that she envies her position but not her life. Chris shocked her and that he is a lying b!tch also. He stabbed her in the back and rubbed salt in the wounds. She wants an apology.

Twila said that she never said bad things until the end of the game. Twila says that Eliza talks too much. Twila says that Eliza is a spoiled brat and she doesn't owe her an apology.

Chris says the alliance was not meant to hurt her and he apologizes.

Julie is next and she is crying. Chris bows his head. She says that Twila's antics and she tried get her out of the game. She will direct her questions to Chris. She says that he approached her as a friend and she helped him. Why did Chris have the guts to look her in the eyes and base things on their friendship? Chris says that she was the hardest decision. He says that at the time he wasn't gonna vote her and he lied and he can't take it back he is sorry. Julie wants to know when he started playing her. Chris says he lied to her but he didn't play her. In the end he didn't know he was going to vote her. He is sorry that he lied to her and that he truly looks at her as a sister.

Leann...oh no...Twila decided to turn her back on Leann an vote her out. Leann wants to know why. Twila says that they felt like they could turn their backs on them after they brought Julie into the alliance. Twila thought she was on the outside looking in. Chris...Leann says that she was hardcore with the women and now convince her to vote Chris. Chris says that he knew the women was tight and Twila came to him and offered him the chance. He took the challenge and that is why he deserves to win.

Ami...says that she sees some seriuos irony because she wouldn't apologize for a million but she would lie to win. She tells Chris that she doesn't understand about his lies and what are his attributes to sit in the final two. He says that he has no qualities that she doesn't she just let her guard down and he pounced. Twila apologizes to Ami and Leann about putting her word on her son. Twila says that she is harder and colder and that Ami don't have that in her.

Chad...(looking good i might add). He starts with Twila and wants to know what has changed her. She says that she needs to ease up and not open her mouth to often. Chris says that experience in the 9 peeps left has shown him the qualities they have and they don't falter. He says that the 7 looked past the million dollars and he and Twila didn't.

Sarge...says that Twila is a liar and he don't want to see her ever again and that she needs the money and she will prolly get his vote. Sarge wants to know about the friendship they have. Chris says that they will be firends no matter whatever...give her his vote.

Scout...says that Twila and her formed an alliance from day one. Scout says that Twila is open and sometimes that gets her in trouble. She just says thanks.

Hell, I think Twila has a great chance to win!

"Jury questions"
Posted by Gothmog on 12-12-04 at 09:40 PM
Eliza: Congrats on being a b!tch. You never respected me. I might envy your position, but I don't envy your life. But you played a good game. You were outward about it. But Chris, I had no idea you were also a b!tch, and even worse, I never knew it. What I want from each of you is an apology.
Twila and Eliza get into an argument. Twila: why should I apologize to you? Your spoiled.
Chris--I didn't intend to break our pact. I did it for strategy, and you're right, I owe you an apology.

Julie: (starts crying). Twila, I tried to get you out of the game, so I'm going to direct my energy to Chris, voting for him or against him. Chris, you came to me as a friend. Why did you base things on our friendship, that I thought were real. Chris: Julie, you were the hardest decision to make. At the time, I had no intentions for writing your name down. I lied to you, and I can't take it back. Julie: I'm p!ssed off at you. When did you decide to dawg me. Chris: I decided when I entered the booth. I truly looked at you as a little sister, and I'm sorry.

Leann: Explain your thought process in betraying our alliance, when you swore on your son. Twila: I became mistrustful when you turned your back on Scout and brought Julie into your alliance. So I had a change of strategy, but it wasn't out of disrespect for you. Leann: Chris, convince me to abandon the women's alliance and vote for you. Chris: I had to further myself in the game when Twila came to me (oops--this makes Twila look good as a strategist! not a smart move!). I think I played the game right.

Ami: I can't believe Twila you wouldn't make an apology for a million dollars, but you lied for a million dollars. And Chris, I can't believe you flat out lied to two people who trusted you. What qualities do you have that I don't have that puts you there? Chris: It's because you have a soft heart, and let your personal feelings interfer with the game. You let your guard down. Ami: Twila, same question. Twila: First let me apologize for swearing on my son. (They argue a bit) Twila says maybe it's because I'm a little colder than you are.

Chad: Tell me something that's changed you. Twila: In a bad sense, maybe I need to watch what I say. I'm quick to judge, and maybe I shouldn't be. Chris: I'm impressed with the genuine qualities that people possess when a million dollars are at stake. I think the two people with the least amount of those qualities are sitting here--maybe the money got in the way. (what a suck-up).

Sarge: Congrats on outwitting and outlasting, even though, Twila, I don't ever want to see you again, even though you probably will get my vote. Was your lying on your son's name worth a million? Twila says no. Sarge: will we still be friends even though you don't get my vote? Chris: of course.

Scout: I know you two better than the rest of the jury does. I see qualities they don't. (she doesn't ask a question, just reinforces both of their characters. That was nice to see.)

"RE: Jury questions"
Posted by J Slice on 12-12-04 at 09:41 PM
Scout fulfilled her role for the entire series: she's REALLY good at reading people.

"RE: Jury questions"
Posted by nicalai on 12-12-04 at 09:44 PM
goooo scout....

Posted by nicalai on 12-12-04 at 09:46 PM
ami sheds a tear...she's human after all!

Posted by landruajm on 12-12-04 at 09:47 PM
She's just crying because she needs to vote for a man.

Posted by nicalai on 12-12-04 at 09:50 PM
lol.

Posted by landruajm on 12-12-04 at 09:49 PM
Gawd, that was vomitorious horsedoody.

"ooo the best part"
Posted by moonbaby on 12-12-04 at 09:52 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-12-04 AT 09:54 PM (EST)

Jiffy's long flight back to swivelization.

And I am LMAO at the vote urn on the back of the bike

"RE: ooo the best part"
Posted by Loree on 12-12-04 at 09:54 PM
I loved Jiffy fighting thru the greens and then his dramatic trip.

Posted by landruajm on 12-12-04 at 09:55 PM
Stunt double much?

Okay, I'm out...I gotta pay attention now.

Posted by Dave_W6DPS on 12-12-04 at 11:01 PM
I spent most of Jeff's trip home laughing--but it was cool to see him skydive at Lake Elsinore (my home town)--I understand he comes here pretty regularly.

Watching that sequence would make you think the show is all about him....

"WHAT????"
Posted by sorgee on 12-12-04 at 09:53 PM
what? the final 2 speeches or jeff's exit?

"Closing statements"
Posted by Gothmog on 12-12-04 at 09:52 PM
Twila: I didn't come into this game intentionally trying to deceive anyone. Back home, my word is good. All I thought about is how I could get farther in this game; I was too self-centered to worry about your feelings. This game has turned me into something I like. Sarge you don't have to rub it in to make me feel any worse. It hurts me to hear that from someone I respect. I apologize to each and every one of you--it was the game that played me. If I could do right again, I would. If you can forgive me, maybe I can forgive myself.

Chris: Scout, you're right. Julie, I want to mend some fences, and not for your vote. Eliza, I did you wrong. And you're both right--you'd be sitting here if it weren't for me. Ami and LeAnn, you got out of the game because of me and the person sitting here. Chad and Sarge, no matter how you vote, I've made two good friends.

Time to vote:
Sarge: votes for Chris. I had to know where our friendship stood. you know where I stand--for honor and integrity.
Scout: Twila--thank you for the strong unspoken women's alliance. You took it to the end of the game.
Eliza: Chris--you screwed me over and hurt my feelings, but I like you better, I just wish I was sitting next to you. I hope you win.
Ami: Twila--you didn't give any crap answers, you only said things you meant from your heart.

Other votes are not shown.
Jiffy picks up the vote pot and heads out. Picks up a machete and cuts his way out to a waiting plane. Puh-leeeeeeeze!

"Oooh, it's"
Posted by Gothmog on 12-12-04 at 09:53 PM
Indiana Probst!

"Indiana Jiffy!"
Posted by IceCat on 12-12-04 at 09:52 PM
... and the Machete of Doom!

"RE: Indiana Jiffy!"
Posted by nicalai on 12-12-04 at 09:54 PM
as my boyfriend would say..and he did..."good night irene"...

"RE: Indiana Jiffy!"
Posted by nicalai on 12-12-04 at 09:55 PM
who are those people on the jury? jeez they are different..

"Last segment before we go live!"
Posted by volsfan on 12-12-04 at 09:53 PM
They have a chance to say their last words...

Twila goes first. She didn't come into the game to lie to anyone and she doesn't do that back home. All she thought about was to better her life and how she could do it...she didn't think of other's feelings. People kill for less than what they are playing for. She tells Sarge that he doesn't have to rub it in and that she respects him and she is hurt by what he said. She is crying and says that the game played her.

Chris is next. He tells Julie that it ain't about a vote he just wants to mend fences and he brings her the hat. He tells Eliza he should apologize to her and that he is sorry. He lied to her and he was her demise. Ami and Leann got to sneak in the backdoor due to Scout and Twila and they are out of the game because of that. He tells Chad and Sarge he made two friends and to vote with their heart.

Time to vote:

Sarge goes and votes Chris because he had to know where their friendship stood!

Scout votes Twila OF COURSE!

Eliza votes Chris because she likes him better.

Ami votes Twila because she is woman of course! Did you really think she would vote a man? Come on...

Jiffy to tally the votes!

Jiffy is a maniac cutting braches and tree limbs! Cuts his way to an airplane! The votes are in the air! They now arrive in California!

OMH! He is parachuting out of the plane! HEHEHE! Now he is getting on a motocycle with votes in tow and he is off!

"RE: Last segment before we go live!"
Posted by RudyRules on 12-12-04 at 11:51 PM
OMH! He is parachuting out of the plane!

Stunt double.

Now he is getting on a motocycle with votes in tow and he is off!

All I could think of is like from the Wizard of Oz when Toto escapes from the old hag's bag on the back of the bike.
Maybe the top will come loose and the votes will scatter to the winds!

Your 2003 & 2004 College Football Pool Ultimate Prize Winner!
Yup, it's a Syren!

"RE: Last segment before we go live!"
Posted by dabo on 12-13-04 at 00:34 AM
I think the vote urn was a stunt double too.

"And the crowd in LA chants"
Posted by moonbaby on 12-12-04 at 09:55 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-12-04 AT 09:56 PM (EST)

we want sleeeve! we want sleeeve!

Chris will have to do

"Final Tally"
Posted by Gothmog on 12-12-04 at 09:56 PM
votes:
Chris, Chris, Twila, Twyla, Chris, Chris

"The live vote count"
Posted by volsfan on 12-12-04 at 09:56 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-12-04 AT 10:00 PM (EST)

Jiffy ready to read the votes! Twila and Chris both have their hair down

1st vote Chris
2nd vote Chris
3rd vote Twila
4th vote Twila
5th vote Chris
6th vote Chris

Chris wins!

ETA: from here on out...I am only gonna type good things. I am not going word for word.

"RE: The live vote count"
Posted by Loree on 12-12-04 at 10:00 PM
Chris' final speech came off more real than his earlier answers. And I think that did it. Only Ami and Scout voted for Twila. Interesting they were the only ones in the end that held on to the women's alliance.

Chris said a bad word when he won...

"RE: The live vote count"
Posted by mistofleas on 12-12-04 at 10:00 PM
I just have one thing to say and then I have to go to bed.

Twila should have won just so that she could afford to have someone give her some advice about her hair.

She needs to be reminded that Mall Bangs went out a long time ago!

(I am kidding, I'm glad Chris won!)

"All in all"
Posted by dabo on 12-12-04 at 11:06 PM
For a fairly lousy season, that was a very satisfying finale.

"RE: All in all"
Posted by Loree on 12-12-04 at 11:42 PM
I agree. I did not really enjoy this whole season. I thought they booted alot of the more interesting players early. And then it got predictable. But the ending was satisfying once Scout was booted.

"Sheepherder girls looks tarty"
Posted by IceCat on 12-12-04 at 09:58 PM
Too dolled up... shoulda went with the low key look...

Posted by J Slice on 12-12-04 at 09:59 PM
Scout seems to have cornered the market on ugly fringed shirts.

Posted by dreamerbeliever on 12-12-04 at 10:13 PM
And what's up with that shirt Jiffy is wearing? Looks like something I would go to bed in rather than something I would go on national TV with.

And Leann, wow! She looks ... wow!

Posted by Loree on 12-12-04 at 10:14 PM
Jiffy looks like he just got back from ball practice.

Posted by Smooth23 on 12-12-04 at 10:03 PM
Finally the person who I thought deserved to win won. It only took what, 34, 35 seasons?

"After the game..."
Posted by Loree on 12-12-04 at 10:07 PM
Sarge is still angry. After all these months. Can't they get over it?

Jeffy made sure Julie got the first screen time.

I'm happy to see Brady is there. I guess they let him show up for this.

"RE: After the game..."
Posted by Loree on 12-12-04 at 10:09 PM
There goes Jeffy giving Julie more screen time.

I noticed Chris' brother has his ponytail hair too.

And I hate Twila's hair tonight.

"RE: After the game..."
Posted by J Slice on 12-12-04 at 10:10 PM
Seriously bad Wal-Mart bangs.

Posted by volsfan on 12-12-04 at 10:07 PM
Sarge is caught in it! He claims that he didn't vote man/woman...bullsh!t!

Posted by cadfile on 12-12-04 at 10:15 PM
Ami said that the women's aliance didn't hold together because women don't know how to support themselves.

Wrong.

The women didn't stick together because they focus on the emotional. If they had bit their tongues and held to their plan then a woman would have won the game.

--
Doug

Posted by Loree on 12-12-04 at 10:18 PM
The women didn't hold together because Ami and LeeAnn got too cocky.

Posted by dabo on 12-13-04 at 00:53 AM
Right On! Ami and Leann decided to bully Twila and get her to swear on her son, then they went and browbeat Scout and told her she wasn't F4, then they decided to oust Eliza in order to save Chris for three more days; their alliance was a BS alliance and Twila should have nailed them on it.

Posted by citygirl on 12-13-04 at 02:50 AM
I don't think women have any more trouble than men sticking together - there were just too damn many of them in thsi alliance. As soon as you have more than 4, it will become clear to a few of them that they're better off in their own alliance. Didn't the same thing happen to Ethan, Lex, Tom and some other idiot?

"WTF?"
Posted by volsfan on 12-12-04 at 10:20 PM
Why is every other question going to Leann and Ami...get the b!tch off my TV!

"RE: WTF?"
Posted by Loree on 12-12-04 at 10:21 PM
I want them to at least mention the players that didn't make the jury.

Posted by tempo on 12-12-04 at 10:22 PM
Alright people need to lay off Twila and her hairdo because Sarge looks absolutely psychotic with that buzz cut. Does he actually think that is attractive or does he just not know any better?

Posted by Loree on 12-12-04 at 10:23 PM
Sarge's shirt has blinded me so I haven't even noticed his hair.

Posted by okaloosajohn on 12-12-04 at 10:25 PM
Hehehe... He's still on active duty. That's a regulation do

Posted by dreamerbeliever on 12-12-04 at 10:25 PM
The non-jury members can speak right? Should get their take in this next segment. Any sign of Brady yet or is he still being resticted by the FBI brass? Don't think I've seen him.

Posted by Loree on 12-12-04 at 10:30 PM
Brady is there. But Jeffy seems to spend all his time on Julie.

Posted by tempo on 12-12-04 at 10:33 PM
Brady was restricted? How? He works for the FBI?

Posted by Loree on 12-12-04 at 10:37 PM
Brady was not allowed to go on The Early Show after he was booted. The FBI was not happy with the idea.

Posted by dreamerbeliever on 12-12-04 at 10:39 PM
Brady did no post vote off interviews, no Early Show or anything like it that other contestants get to do. Rumor was that the FBI brass said he couldn't.

"Brady got married"
Posted by Loree on 12-12-04 at 10:47 PM
The only comment made by Brady was that he came home and got married in Australia.

"Eliza... LET.IT.GO!"
Posted by IceCat on 12-12-04 at 10:20 PM
Jeeeeeze! Quit whining!

"RE: Eliza... LET.IT.GO!"
Posted by J Slice on 12-12-04 at 10:24 PM
I feel misrepresented for my age by this idiot!

Posted by CantStandToLook on 12-12-04 at 10:26 PM
lol...how old is Eliza.

I'm having a hard time buying some of the reasons people gave for voting the way they did. I'm glad Chris won though, he was the biggest longshot after the last guy got voted off.

Posted by J Slice on 12-12-04 at 10:35 PM
Eliza's actually a year older, she's 21.

So freaking bitter! Can't even see good gameplay. Effing pinhead.

"RE: Eliza... LET.IT.GO! -----> No, you do."
Posted by Jerrethan on 12-12-04 at 10:30 PM
That's OK, I feel misrepresented for my age by you. If you're a man... boy, what a gentleman!, insulting a woman.

Posted by J Slice on 12-12-04 at 10:32 PM
Explain...

I'm female by the way.

Posted by Jerrethan on 12-12-04 at 10:44 PM
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to get rude, but I hate reading all tha nasty things they say about the women of the show... But if you're a girl, that's fine I guess, I thought you were a guy insulting Eliza.

"The reunion"
Posted by Loree on 12-12-04 at 10:29 PM
I am so happy we are halfway thru the reunion and I have not seen Rupert yet.

Chris never told Lorie he made it to the end. He told her that he got voted out the week she showed up because of her and him not winning the IC. She really thought she was going to NY for the interview the Thanksgiving weekend.

Why is Jeff talking to Julie again? Oh right....

"I am so urinated off!"
Posted by volsfan on 12-12-04 at 10:31 PM
Jiffy can only ask Ami and Julie questions...come on...there are others on the freakin show!

OH WAIT...Rory gets a chance to speak

Posted by J Slice on 12-12-04 at 10:31 PM
Who are those seat-fillers in the top row?

Posted by volsfan on 12-12-04 at 10:32 PM
We will never know because Jiffy can't get past the nookie!

Posted by Loree on 12-12-04 at 10:34 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-12-04 AT 10:34 PM (EST)

I thought the people on the top row were on the show. But so far Rory is the only non-jury member to speak. They didn't even introduce the others when they walked on the stage. Maybe they cut out their tongues?

Posted by RudyRules on 12-12-04 at 11:03 PM
Maybe they cut out their tongues?

Nah, I think they only do that to Dolly's sheep.

Yup, it's a Syren!

"so over the reunion portion"
Posted by moonbaby on 12-12-04 at 10:34 PM
a half hour of this is enough.

Thank you again and goodnight!

"RE: so over the reunion portion"
Posted by dreamerbeliever on 12-12-04 at 11:00 PM
Calling it a night, thanks to Goth & Vols for the updates even though I didn't really need em, just happened to be playin' on the puter tonight while watching. Final thought, really glad Chris won and haven't been this excited for the winner since maybe Ethan or even Sandra. IMHO this was an average season at best, not great but it was no Thailand. Night all.

"Rory says"
Posted by volsfan on 12-12-04 at 10:47 PM
his biggest regret? Not burning down the camp!

BWAHAHAHAHA!

"URGH! "
Posted by volsfan on 12-12-04 at 10:49 PM
There is gonna be 20 peeps on the next version!

"RE: URGH! "
Posted by FFantasyFX on 12-12-04 at 10:53 PM
I did a doubletake when they announced twenty as well. I can live with that number if they really do make significant changes to the game's structure (hah! not in a million years), but the early episodes are going to be a blur.

Posted by J Slice on 12-12-04 at 10:54 PM
Hell, I could barely rememer anyone before Rory.

Geesh. 20? There better be some double eniminations.

Posted by Loree on 12-12-04 at 10:55 PM
There better be more episodes.

Posted by volsfan on 12-13-04 at 00:07 AM
I hope there are more episodes and more time to get to know the peeps!

Posted by RudyRules on 12-12-04 at 10:57 PM
Hey Vols,
You called the Chris win right bud. I ended up changing my picks from E to C on contests that I could but not on KOs or Spoiler Island, so I screwed up on those games.

I want to salute the spoilers here and elsewhere for all the hard work and while not perfect, did some good detective work on this very hard to call finale!!

Yup, it's a Syren!

Posted by volsfan on 12-13-04 at 00:09 AM
Thanks RR! I thought Chris would take Scout instead of Twila but other than that...pretty good! I hope we win the CBS game!

Posted by J Slice on 12-12-04 at 10:51 PM
PALAU LOOKS SO COOL.

My goodness... warplane skeletons? Sounds incredible.

Posted by aquariaqueen on 12-12-04 at 10:53 PM
Who was he talking about the "hair growing back, get well".

Did he say Ali or was he talking Elizabeth Edwards?

Posted by dabo on 12-13-04 at 00:57 AM
Dunno, maybe some young fan taking advantage of "Make A Wish."

Posted by RudyRules on 12-12-04 at 11:01 PM
It was a major battle area during WWII

Yup, it's a Syren!

"20 castaways for S10"
Posted by KObrien_fan on 12-12-04 at 10:52 PM
Looks like there will be a big change up for Survivor 10...

"RE: 20 castaways for S10"
Posted by Loree on 12-12-04 at 10:54 PM
I love it. We need a change.

Posted by toad8098 on 12-12-04 at 10:58 PM
WOW!!! Wonder if there will be 4 tribes of 5 people each?? or still 2 tribes?? Wonder how they'll squeeze in an extra tribal council or two.

Good change. Let's hope S10's cast is better then S9. (Although I don't think it could get any worse.)

Posted by dabo on 12-12-04 at 11:08 PM
Maybe one tribe with random teamings for challenges.

Posted by RudyRules on 12-12-04 at 10:59 PM
A REAL change would be doing it in NorthernLights' backyard in Februaury!

Yup, it's a Syren!

Posted by Capn2patch on 12-12-04 at 11:02 PM
Everything the former survivors have come to know will change in the first 10 minutes.

"Everything the former survivors have come to know will change in the first 10 minutes. "
Posted by RudyRules on 12-12-04 at 11:07 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-12-04 AT 11:08 PM (EST)

SPOILER ALERT:

Each Survivor is given a WWII rifle and 5 rounds.

They may choose to kill other Survivors or form alliances, or both.
As a last resort, the weapon may be used to commit Hare Kare when you feel like pulling an "Osten" as no one will be permitted to leave until dead or voted out.

Yup, it's a Syren!

"RE: Everything the former survivors have come to know will change in the first 10 minutes. "
Posted by dabo on 12-12-04 at 11:09 PM
))) SNORT! (((

good'un

"RE: Everything the former survivors have come to know will change in the first 10 minutes. "
Posted by RudyRules on 12-12-04 at 11:12 PM
))BOWS((

Thanks dabo, I have an occasional moment of insight.
Yup, it's a Syren!

"Hehehehe"
Posted by Capn2patch on 12-12-04 at 11:15 PM
Interesting that Jiffy Pop mentioned 'quitters' when promoting new contestants for future survivors.

Jiffy just concluded filming S10 this past Thurday. Will we have a case of the 'quits' in S10?

"RE: Hehehehe"
Posted by RudyRules on 12-12-04 at 11:16 PM
hmmm... the spoiling begins.

Yup, it's a Syren!

"RE: Hehehehe"
Posted by Capn2patch on 12-12-04 at 11:20 PM
Maybe they line up all the quitters from previous eps and shoot them.

That would solve the problem.

Posted by J Slice on 12-12-04 at 11:12 PM
Why couldn't Osten have been dead instead?

Posted by RudyRules on 12-12-04 at 11:15 PM
I forgot to mention, the official "Survivor manual" will be "The Most Dangerous Game".

Yup, it's a Syren!

Posted by canadagrl on 12-12-04 at 11:27 PM
Tonight, b!tch and sh!t were two popular expressions. The former came through loud and clear, but the latter kept being bleeped out. Anybody know the rationale for this, why one is acceptable and the other isn't?

Posted by RudyRules on 12-12-04 at 11:44 PM
5 letters vs. 4 letters I imagine.

Yup, it's a Syren!

Posted by Estee on 12-13-04 at 06:22 AM
Fearless predictions: I'll make it through the random draw to land an S10, wind up with Episode #1, have to introduce everybody, write a forty-pager, and get zero readers 'cause no one will be able to finish the thing. Including me.

"Trailer Park Boys X-Mas Special"
Posted by braveheart on 12-13-04 at 00:22 AM
Great Survivor but now must move on to Trailer Park Boys X-Mas Special! Tune in to Showcase!

Gotta go, commercial over