URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 5581
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Can someone refresh my memory on the "Car Curse"?"

Posted by cadfile on 12-03-04 at 01:03 AM
Is it who wins the car doesn't win the game?

--
Doug

Cousin Eddie: Every time Catherine would turn on the microwave, I'd pee my pants and forget who I was for about half an hour.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Can someone refresh my memory on the "Car Curse"?"
Posted by Markopolo100 on 12-03-04 at 01:14 AM
Correct.

(Though Amber was "given" a second car by joining Rob on the reward in All Stars).

Car winners plus finishes
S2: Colby (second)
S3: Lex (third)
S4: Sean (fifth)
S5: Ted (fifth)
S6: Matt (second)
S7: Burton (fifth)
S8: Rob M. (second)

Posted by cadfile on 12-03-04 at 01:38 AM
Thanks

--
Doug

Cousin Eddie: Every time Catherine would turn on the microwave, I'd pee my pants and forget who I was for about half an hour.

Posted by dabo on 12-03-04 at 02:02 AM
You realize, I hope, that if they keep playing the game long enough, this is the sort of thing that will eventually be disproved.

Posted by KObrien_fan on 12-03-04 at 02:10 AM
There is also a possibility that MB is trying to break it this season by giving a car away in E12 and will follow that up by giving away a car in E13 with the next superchallenge.

2004 ASS Trivia Champ

Posted by JohnMc on 12-03-04 at 11:00 AM
Even if Ami had won the challenge last night (which she would have had she not stumbled, allowing Eliza to pass her), then she ultimately would not have won.

Eliza now has the car curse on her. I don't think she can beat Chris. She can definitely beat Scout, though Scout will have happen to her what should have happened to MamaKim: be booted at Final 4. Eliza has to have Twila in F2 to win. But if Chris wins F3 immunity, then he wins the game against either of them. Hands down.

I don't see another car being given away this season. The best reward for the super-recycled challenge is to win immunity.

Posted by RyrieRae on 12-03-04 at 11:32 AM
What should be considered though is that the Car Curse wasn't mentioned this season. The one time they showed Jeff saying it was in allstars, which ended up being a giveaway, because Rob one the car and came in second. I know last season, car giveaways were big, rob amber and shiann, but i wonder why this was the only season that showed jeff mentioning that. Who knows when he started making the Survivors aware of this curse (maybe Allstars was the first) but i definetly waiting for him to say something about it this season.

Either 1) he never said it to this season of survivors, or 2) he said it, but they did not edit it in, for their own storytelling purposes.

Posted by Brownroach on 12-03-04 at 11:56 AM
Also, though, this is the first time ever that a woman has won the car. For the most part the car winners have been alpha-male types who got taken out shortly after the win. Only three of the past car winners have made it to F2.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Posted by Oscirus on 12-03-04 at 01:42 PM
Technically due to the car rc usually being the last one couldn't we put Kelly in this group if there was a car she would have won it for that season.

"This is the year..."
Posted by Loquatrix on 12-03-04 at 03:09 PM
...for the car curse to be broken. With the Red Sox winning the world series, and the Washingon Redskins having lost their final home game before the Presidential election and the incumbent still winning the election despite a tradition dating back to 1936 that the incumbent should have lost when the Redskins did, this is the year for long-standing competitive traditions to be broken.

I am not ruling out an Eliza win just because she won the car. Though I do want someone other than her (Chris) to win.