URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID45
Thread Number: 557
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Big Bill Paxton Love?"

Posted by ginger on 03-14-06 at 04:00 PM
Weird show. Not sure I want to see THIS much of an amorous Bill Paxton. Or Bill Paxton trying to be amorous (Sneetch left the room the minute his scrotum first appeared). Still, Tripplehorne is really shining in her role, Chloe Sevigny is always weird and wonderful, and the whole concept is ... well ... different.

What did you guys think?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Big Bill Paxton Love?"
Posted by RickCharles on 03-15-06 at 09:44 AM
I thought it was interesting. I have set it up as a "season pass" on Tivo. Tripplehorn is by far the hottest wife of the three, even if she is the oldest. The writing of the show has things unwinding at a good pace, so far. Hopefully Bruce Dern will add more in future episodes.

Posted by byoffer on 03-16-06 at 02:49 PM
I thought the three wives were Bravey, MCatt and Ginger??

Sig by me. Wish the rider was me!

Posted by samboohoo on 03-17-06 at 08:25 AM
See I Tivo'd it, but I haven't watched it yet. Now that I know a scrotum will appear . . .

It's Arkie Love

Sneetch is home? Is it Spring Break?

Posted by ginger on 03-22-06 at 03:53 PM

Sneetch was indeed home for Spring Break.

Posted by Glow on 03-17-06 at 09:07 AM
I watched it. I thought it was interesting enough to watch another episode before I decide if I'll watch it or not.

Posted by ginger on 03-22-06 at 03:53 PM
It's such a strange world, the realm of the polygymous. We have the "good/normal" polygamists in the Paxton houses, and then there's the creepy creepy compound. It is nice to see Harry Dean Stanton sink his teeth into a role again. And the woman who plays the mother...she was in the Big Easy (also as the mother), is terrific.

There is SUCH an "ick" factor, though...the 12-year old bride, among other things...

Posted by zombiebaby on 03-22-06 at 05:10 PM
I liked it. It is different. For me HBO shows take awhile to really get into so I will continue to watch.

I agree the 12 year old brides are creepy. I always find it fascinating that there is this whole subculture that seems soooo rural and backwards in the US.

Very interesting. There might have to be a drinking game called "spot the scrotum" for this show.

I liked how they have the characters use "heck" and "darn" a lot.

One more of J
Slice's Awesome Creations!

Posted by StarryLuna on 03-23-06 at 07:12 AM
DH and I discovered at the last possible minute that we had a free HBO preview weekend, so we Tivo'd the second episodes of The Sopranos and Big Love just before it was cut off.

I liked Big Love. I thought it was pretty interesting. DH's take? "One wife is enough of a pain in the ass. Why in the world would he possibly want three?" LOL.

Fantastic cast and the characters seemed well written. I may have to try to talk DH into adding HBO so I can continue watching (and see the end of The Sopranos of course.)

Luna's Eclipses

Posted by Hoobie on 03-27-06 at 02:44 PM
My hubby said the exact same thing.

I really like this show. Love, love, love Tina Majorino as Sarah's friend.

A lot of potential here. I wish they would focus more on the dynamics of the wives and less on the business/ the prophet.

Posted by samboohoo on 03-29-06 at 04:44 PM
Well I just got around to watching Episode 1. I wasn't wild about it. I probably won't watch anymore of it.

And is it me or does Chloe Sevigny just remind you too much of Magpie from last year's Big Brother?

It's Arkie Love

"OH GAWD!"
Posted by volsfan on 04-01-06 at 11:18 PM
I just threw up a little in my mouth.

*gag* *puke* *gag*