URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 553
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Some Kellie lvoe"

Posted by nailbone on 03-08-06 at 12:32 PM
The girl is just precious!! Oh sure, "hick" to the point of silliness, almost, but it's so real and so cute!

Sig by Arkie!!

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Some Kellie lvoe"
Posted by prosecutor on 03-08-06 at 02:49 PM
Nailbone, I agree with you. Simon wishes she was on last years idol(hahaha) because he influenced people to vote for robot no personality Carrie (hahaha) Kellie is a real country bunkin everyone I hear talking about idol, says they like her.

Posted by Ricky on 03-08-06 at 04:52 PM
She was funny the other night. She didn't know what a "minx" was and said she ate "salmon" (pronounced the l) the other day.

"My mother was deaf"-Shanna Moakler

Posted by finallytyping on 03-08-06 at 05:02 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-08-06 AT 05:04 PM (EST)

One person's minx is another person's fool who feels no pain.
I am not at all tickled by Pickler.
There is a bit of a Pickler in McPhee and that is not a good
thing. The bouncy giggling has got to go, although, I'm sure
there are many people out there who are grinning at the
bouncy parts. Understandable.

Posted by geekboy on 03-14-06 at 03:32 PM
I, too, am not a member of the 'Pickler Love Club'. Yes, she is cute and naive to a degree...but am I the only one who thought the "Sal-mon" bit last week was planned and rehearsed? It was almost as if Ryan had it all planned, but Simon took too much time, so he just squeezed it in at the end.

I don't get it. She is definately not the best singer and by far not the best performer. But everyone seems to just love her.

geekboy

Posted by finallytyping on 03-14-06 at 05:22 PM
Was it Clint Eastwood who said "confidence is sexy"
in a commercial many years ago?

Granted, there are gradations of confidence that are
a complete turnoff (Brenna anyone?) but, come on, how
sexy is "Ar et a sal-mon an ih tested lahk cheekin?
wooee!"

Posted by nailbone on 03-14-06 at 05:31 PM
Granted, there are gradations of confidence that are
a complete turnoff (Brenna anyone?) but, come on, how
sexy is "Ar et a sal-mon an ih tested lahk cheekin?
wooee!"

Comin' outta that face, pretty sexy.

Sig by Arkie!!

Posted by TheMommy on 03-15-06 at 01:50 AM
>LAST EDITED ON 03-08-06
>AT 05:04 PM (EST)

>

>I am not at all tickled
>by Pickler.
>There is a bit of a
>Pickler in McPhee and that
>is not a good
>thing. The bouncy giggling has got
>to go, although, I'm sure
>

I agree. Katherine and Kellie are roommates and it looks like Kat is slowly turning into a Kellie with that sheepish look she has lately.

My husband thinks Kellie is so innocent. I told him," that's because you're a man and you're falling for her act."

And folks...IT IS AN ACT.

Posted by helllo on 03-23-06 at 11:20 AM
>>LAST EDITED ON 03-08-06
>>AT 05:04 PM (EST)

>>
>
>
>>I am not at all tickled
>>by Pickler.
>>There is a bit of a
>>Pickler in McPhee and that
>>is not a good
>>thing. The bouncy giggling has got
>>to go, although, I'm sure
>>
>
>I agree. Katherine and Kellie are
>roommates and it looks like
>Kat is slowly turning into
>a Kellie with that sheepish
>look she has lately.
>
>My husband thinks Kellie is so
>innocent. I told him," that's
>because you're a man and
>you're falling for her act."
>
>
>And folks...IT IS AN ACT.

It is definitely an act now. But it was not in the beginning. But thankfully, she sings very well. And I'm sure the network has told her to ham it up.

Posted by nailbone on 03-23-06 at 11:58 AM
i have to agree. Ryan keeps feeding her lines, and that "what's a ballsy" line just seemed forced.

Sig by Arkie!!

Posted by Glow on 03-08-06 at 02:53 PM
She's friggin adorable. I love the way she says 'thank you' and plan to practice it so I can say it that way when I meat new people.

yes, I know there is a typo. I thought it was kind of funny, so I left it.

Posted by nailbone on 03-14-06 at 02:59 PM
Thaynk yew.

Sig by Arkie!!

Posted by SOfan0221 on 03-19-06 at 06:17 PM
Isn't it closer to..........working up a drawl here. D-R-A-W-L. Ok, here goes.

Thunnnnk kyewwwwww *bats eyelashes *does a dipsy doodle

"RE: Some Kellie love"
Posted by LIVEURBESTLIFE on 03-14-06 at 10:47 PM
At first I thought Kellie was cute. But after tonite I am beginning to think she is acting. I mean c'mon what woman doesnt know about false eyelashes? He!! women in the South do use them and Kellie does not strike as the type of young woman that doesnt know makeup.

Plus, she works the crowd and the audience at home very well. She is truly one confident and together "country bumpkin" (sarcasm). If her act were true I don't think she would be nearly as comfortable playing to the audience and judges at this point in the competition as she is. She looks like she knows exactly what she is doing and knows exactly how to win peeple over which is fine I'm not hatin' I'm just not buying her act.

Posted by finallytyping on 03-15-06 at 01:13 AM
After tonite's performance, I'm not sure Kellie even
knows what sarcasm is. "Sayercahzm? Ahm a good country
gal. I dahn't do those thangs with boyz."

She makes gullible people feel like they are in on the joke.

Posted by zipperhead on 03-15-06 at 09:26 AM
I'm not so sure that she is putting on an act. I've known a few people who really are that naive and, for lack of a better word, stupid. Just because she has barely enough talent to be in this competition and she is a cutie, she is not automatically a manipulator.

"I got these shoes on SALE!" Who is she trying to win over with a comment like that?

Posted by nailbone on 03-15-06 at 11:24 AM
To an extent I don't think it's an act, but she could tone it down a bit. But rather than giving her that advice, They (Seacrest) are just feeding her straight lines to play with (notice that she didn't even flinch at the word "arachnophobia", but knew just what it meant...except she went with "buggs" rather than "spiders".

Sig by Arkie!!

Posted by finallytyping on 03-15-06 at 01:13 PM
Seacrest seemed extremely shocked that she was even
close to knowing what arachnophobia meant. I completely
expected her ask what the war in Iraq had to do with
her eyelashes.

Posted by CBailey on 03-15-06 at 01:40 PM
Kellie would know what aracmiphobia means because of the movie. Seriously who hasn't seen that or at least knows what it is about.

I don't think Kellie is faking it at all I have no idea what a minx is either. I think she really is the innocent kind of girl.

Posted by finallytyping on 03-15-06 at 02:51 PM
Here ya go!

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=minx

I've never seen the movie "aracmiphobia." What is it about?

Posted by CBailey on 03-15-06 at 02:58 PM
The movie is about Spiders. It is a scary movie and it focus's on spiders.

It's kind of like Anaconda with the whole snakes thing.

Thanks for the minx dictionary website I finally know what it is now.

Posted by LIVEURBESTLIFE on 03-15-06 at 06:57 PM
It's really not the fact that she didn't know what a minx is. I am almost positive that many people watching didn't know what it is.

It's the fact that she felt so comfortable asking what it was. By doing that she puts the spotlight on herself. Most of the contestants don't have nearly as much to say on stage as Kellie does. Everything she does whenever she is on stage seems like an act to me designed to win herself votes and camera time or at least that is what the end result is.

And you know the movie Arachnophia was out years ago. Kellie is only 19 and somebody as country bumpkin like as she seems to be probably wouldn't be able to make the connection between a movie title and a legitimate psychological condition.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if she claimed to have never even seen any movie at all before. The younger people on AI aren't as naive and awestruck as Kellie. I don't hear Paris, Lisa, Melissa, or Kevin proclaiming such naivette and ignorance of the world outside of their own front porch.

JMHO

Posted by LIVEURBESTLIFE on 03-15-06 at 07:01 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-15-06 AT 07:06 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-15-06 AT 07:03 PM (EST)

Zipperhead writes: "I got these shoes on SALE!" Who is she trying to win over with a comment like that?

By saying that you remember her don't you. Being remembered in a positive way is the fastest way I can think of to get votes especially when your performance is much weaker in comparison to others you are competing with.

Posted by zipperhead on 03-17-06 at 10:06 AM
Well, there's only twelve people now, so it's pretty easy to remember little things about each of them. Why else would you bother watching this show if you weren't interested enough to notice little things that separate the contestants?

I remember her comment about the shoes because Paula commented on them (IIRC) and Kellie seemed genuinely proud of the fact that she found them on sale (c'mon, what woman wouldn't be proud of finding a nice pair of shoes on sale?). In light of the discussion that she is putting on an act, I thought that this particular comment seemed genuine to me. I will admit that the comments about the eyelashes seemed forced, but they have to have something to talk about with each contestant.

Posted by LisaPles on 03-16-06 at 12:53 PM
>"I got these shoes on SALE!"
>Who is she trying to
>win over with a comment
>like that?

She is hoping people will feel sorry for her and vote for her because she needs the money. Poor little country girl!

Posted by DontGetMeStarted on 03-23-06 at 02:38 PM
and we should admire her thrifty ways.

*cough*

Posted by shaaker on 04-20-06 at 09:53 PM
>At first I thought Kellie was
>cute. But after tonite I
>am beginning to think she
>is acting. , she works the crowd and
>the audience at home very
>well. She is truly one
>confident and together "country bumpkin"
>(sarcasm). If her act were
>true I don't think she
>would be nearly as comfortable
>playing to the audience and
>judges at this point in
>the competition as she is.
>She looks like she knows
>exactly what she is doing
>and knows exactly how to
>win peeple over which is
>fine I'm not hatin' I'm
>just not buying her act.
>

All of the contestants on IDOL have had some exposure to performing. Kelly has apparently had no professional training but it was never disputed that she had been performing for crowds for a at least a year. See the RealityWorlds main page for Idol.

Posted by xwraith27 on 03-15-06 at 07:18 PM
Something about Kellie comes across as fake to me. For some reason, I just wouldn't believe that someone who isn't familiar with Stevie Wonder songs (as she claimed) would cry upon seeing Stevie Wonder. It just doesn't quite jive to me. She DOES have a nice voice, I'll give her that. I'm just bothered by something about her. And I'm not really sure what.

"playin' to the crowd"
Posted by niteowl on 03-15-06 at 09:35 PM
Didn't I read somewhere she'd been in a pageant? And her talent portion was singing. Pageant's are all about playin' to the crowd. She's a player...

Posted by Madre on 03-16-06 at 01:56 AM
>Something about Kellie comes across as
>fake to me. For some
>reason, I just wouldn't believe
>that someone who isn't familiar
>with Stevie Wonder songs (as
>she claimed) would cry upon
>seeing Stevie Wonder. It just
>doesn't quite jive to me.
>She DOES have a nice
>voice, I'll give her that.
>I'm just bothered by something
>about her. And I'm not
>really sure what.

I hear ya. I thought THE EXACT SAME THING regarding the tears for Stevie Wonder.

Posted by finallytyping on 03-16-06 at 11:50 AM
Maybe the tears flowed from her sad realization that all
she would have going for her was her voice and that wouldn't
be enough to impress Stevie Wonder.

"RE: Sorry, But No Love For Kelly "
Posted by LisaPles on 03-16-06 at 12:13 PM
Kelly is a total twit and an embarrassment to young women everywhere. Not to mention that her last few performances were awful. I don't think there is anything cute about acting dumb.
At the beginning of the season she really turned me off by constantly talking about her sob story of how her father is in jail and she was raised by her grandfather. It's as if she was looking for the sympathy vote early on.
I can't wait for her to go.

Posted by phantomphan on 03-16-06 at 05:49 PM
www.votefortheworst.com

This site has a link that says "the truth about Kelly Pickler." It may not all be true, but some of it is indisputible. When we first met Kellie, she said she had barely any singing experience, later she said she'd only sung in the shower. But this site shows links to competitions she has sung in.

Posted by Macfever on 03-27-06 at 11:07 AM
Thats not something to be so caviler about. You really should take pity on someone like that. A person that has had a rough life like pickler has i can see why she is dumb as she is. I mean she been abused and abused and can cause a person to shut down to the rest of the world. Why she went to AI is beyond me. Maybe she is hopeing for exceptance that she never got growing up. You ppl shouldnt be so hard on a girl that grew up the way she did. I know i was abused growing up and i can relate to her very well. Its aweful to know that there is nothing you can control at an early age in your life. So give the girl a break will ya. Not everyone has had a perfect life like you and that has been given everything like spoiled little brats. Again watch what you say to ppl. Words cut sharper than a 2 edge sword.

"WARNING - Macfever "
Posted by Bebo on 03-27-06 at 07:27 PM
Posters are allowed to make positive and negative comments about the show and its participants, but you do not have the right to criticize posters for stating their opinions. Please read the message at the top of this (and every) page, as well as our community guidelines.

"RE: WARNING - Macfever "
Posted by Macfever on 03-29-06 at 08:41 AM
wow so if its my opinion that this board sucks your ok with that? and if i think your an ##### its fine to say that. Probably not since ill probably get banned for saying this but hey the world is full of hypocrites. I know this for sure.
I really dont want to be around ppl that thinks its ok to be negative to a person that has had a life like pickler and i have had. So im outta here and dont bother about banning me cuz i wont be coming back to this forum ever again.

Later

Posted by Rockytop Chick on 04-21-06 at 12:20 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-21-06 AT 12:22 PM (EST)

>Thats not something to be so
>caviler about. You really should
>take pity on someone like
>that. A person that has
>had a rough life like
>pickler has i can see
>why she is dumb as
>she is. I mean she
>been abused and abused and
>can cause a person to
>shut down to the rest
>of the world. Why she
>went to AI is beyond
>me. Maybe she is hopeing
>for exceptance that she never
>got growing up. You ppl
>shouldnt be so hard on
>a girl that grew up
>the way she did. I
>know i was abused growing
>up and i can relate
>to her very well. Its
>aweful to know that there
>is nothing you can control
>at an early age in
>your life. So give the
>girl a break will ya.
>Not everyone has had a
>perfect life like you and
>that has been given everything
>like spoiled little brats. Again
>watch what you say to
>ppl. Words cut sharper than
>a 2 edge sword.

I honestly don't recall any part of Kellie's story saying she was abused. she was pretty much raised by her grandfather, according to what they've shown on TV, because her mother had left and her father was in and out of jail. And if her grandfather had abused her, I seriously doubt he would have been on TV last week

Posted by anotherkim on 03-16-06 at 11:13 PM

Oh, boner, dayum. She's dumb as a stump and comes off sounding like white trash. There's nothing cute about it.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--She needs to go back home to Nawth Calina real soon.

"RE: Some Kellie "
Posted by Little Blimp on 03-17-06 at 08:00 PM
I can't stand her! There is nothing cute or funny about playing the "dumb blonde." If she stays in this thing and ends up in the top two or three, I'm done with this show. So many people seem to be disgusted by her, yet she keeps staying in the competition week after week. I don't get it!

"RE: Some Kellie "
Posted by Kattrikk on 03-19-06 at 03:37 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-19-06 AT 03:38 AM (EST)

>I can't stand her! There
>is nothing cute or funny
>about playing the "dumb blonde."

Yep, that's it. She is trying to pull the Jessica Simpson routine (and it works very well for Jessica). Kellie will never be a Jessica.

Posted by acelover on 03-22-06 at 10:14 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-22-06 AT 10:20 PM (EST)

Oh,pleeeeeeeeeeeaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! After seeing tonight's results show, I hope the voters finally get smart! Up to now, I too thought Kellie was 'cute'. But, America shouldn't vote for someone that ignorant. I don't believe that she's pulling a Jessica Simpson (you know, just acting dumb). It would be an embarrassment if intelligence was not considered when voting for a so-called role model - which I believe is what American Idol should be.
Also, I don't know how the tag was added to my user name,but I didn't put it there...am first time user here.

"Disclaimer"
Posted by nailbone on 03-23-06 at 10:34 AM
Well, I originally posted this a couple of weeks ago. Since then, I've come to learn the error of my ways.

Although, being dumb DEFINITELY doesn't disqualify her from being a star or even an American Idol (see Paris Hilton...Jessica Simpson...Ashlee Simpson... Britney Spears...etc. etc. etc.)

Sig by Arkie!!

"RE: Disclaimer"
Posted by Tahj on 03-23-06 at 10:53 AM
Ha! Too late. You committed.

Moves courtesy of Syren

Posted by nailbone on 03-23-06 at 12:00 PM
No way, man. I'm now going Kat and Chris all the way!

Sig by Arkie!!

Posted by Iconoclastic on 03-23-06 at 03:10 PM
Well, I originally posted this a couple of weeks ago. Since then, I've come to learn the error of my ways.

Don't feel bad dude. I liked her when she was playing the "Coal Miners Daughter" hard luck story rising to the top through singing schtick but now that she's gone all Kellie-Mae Clampet I can't stand her. She's such a phony and that "What's a ballsy" was the straw that broke the camels back for a lot of people. It was her "Jump The Shark" moment and she has earned her place as vote for the worsts new poster child. She could very well displace Scott Savol as their all time favorite.

Posted by CattyChat on 03-23-06 at 12:09 PM
Kellie is still one of my favorites & I refuse to believe any hearsay unless it's somehow proven reliable.

I still believe she is small-town, country hicksville USA and naive. To me it's very possible, given the fact it seems she was basically raised by her grandparents/grandfather. When her "family" is shown in the audience, they consist of the "senior set."

I just know, from experience, having my grandparents play a HUGE role in my childhood "formative years" growing up how differently I was compared to my friends and peers. I was never naive/ditsy like Kellie, but my grandparents' values were instilled in me early in life & I looked to them as my role models, thereby "sheltering" myself in a lot of ways growing up, because I refused to allow myself be in situations where I could be tempted to take the wrong path or allow myself to succomb to peer pressure. Also, when I was 12 we moved from large urban area out west to small town/ultra conservative USA. Moving back to the city in my late 20s my eyes were opened really wide and I became much more aware of things, less naive -- a heck of a lot more open-minded and saw there's a huge, big world out there that many small town sheltered people have no idea of.

So, I'm just saying that Kellie's "act" is totally believable in my eyes & until there is reliable evidence to the contrary, I am not going to judge her in a negative way based on that. So until then, she is an adorable little country bumpkin, seeing a whole new world.

So there

Kind Creation of ARNutz

"RE: Is Kelly Dolly Parton's secret love-child? "
Posted by YaleGale on 03-23-06 at 02:01 PM
Doesn't anyone else think that naive hill-billy routine that Kelly puts out is gettin' a little old? How could she ask what "ballsy" means last night when I'm sure someone would have explained it to her between last week and last night. I think she's being really shrewed and comin' out with this stuff so that people remember her. I think she’s trying to beat Dolly Parton at her own game! Maybe she's Dolly's secret love-child. I bet that headline makes it to a scandal rag soon!

What say y'all?

Posted by Magnolia_Rocker on 03-23-06 at 02:03 PM
I think she's missing a pair of "assets" that would pin-point her as Dolly's child.

Siggy thanks to Syren!

Posted by nailbone on 03-23-06 at 03:23 PM
How could she ask what "ballsy" means last night when I'm sure someone would have explained it to her between last week and last night.

The long "oh crap, I better say somethin' hick-like here" pause before she asked that question is what makes me think it was forced and pretend.

Sig by Arkie!!

"RE: Kellie Is A Lame Brain! "
Posted by LisaPles on 03-24-06 at 03:45 PM
It's one thing to be naive and another to be just plain stupid. Does this girl even have a high school diploma, or what? Scary!

Fantasia was illiterate and didn't come across as stupid as Kellie!

Posted by finallytyping on 03-24-06 at 05:33 PM
I can't believe I'm defending the girl, but as I recall it,
Kellie said: "It wasn't ballsy" meaning that Simon hadn't used the
exact word "ballsy" in describing her, rather, he said "gutsy"
or some other word with similar meaning. Of course, this is just
from my limited memory (I deleted the show from TiVo in a heart
beat,) so I will be happy to believe that she didn't know what
ballsy meant. That is much more delicious.

Posted by hoazi on 03-24-06 at 06:28 PM
"I'm just a gosh darned likeable and naive gal from the sticks!"

Posted by Kattrikk on 03-26-06 at 02:26 AM
Ahh yes, Kellie in her prom dress. There was much debate on the AI official boards as to whether or not this was actually her. Evidently, her yearbook contained a picture of Kellie in the dress. I believe the yearbook site is scuttlebug.com but not sure of the specific location (or the name of her highschool).
Anyway, she sure doesn't look naive there.

Posted by Magnolia_Rocker on 03-27-06 at 09:29 AM
Ummmmm, her grandpa let her out of the house in this? Looks like she should be performing on stage in Vegas. :/

Siggy thanks to Syren!

Posted by LIVEURBESTLIFE on 03-25-06 at 03:21 AM
Finallytyping,

It is hard to believe the girl didn't know what ballsy meant. But after Ryan read the judges comments about her performance she said,"What's a ballsy"

Ryan's response was, "It's only a 30minute show. I don't have time to explain." or something to that effect.

Naive..I dunno. Putting on an act I am almost positive or at least I hope so. Because it would be a real shame if the girl where really that unaware.

Posted by finallytyping on 03-25-06 at 12:31 PM
Ok, I sit corrected!

I do recall Ryan's response so I must have misunderstood Kellie.
Understandable, as the one language class I didn't take in
school was whatever language she is speaking.

Posted by sweet cheeks on 04-02-06 at 07:15 PM

Well believe it or not she is a very naive girl from
the South. When I was her age I was much more naive than she is.
Its not an act!!
I was bred, born and raised in the south.

"The reason why Kellie's so STUPID"
Posted by hoazi on 03-27-06 at 04:54 AM
...She was diagnosed with Cerebral Ballsy.

"RE: The reason why Kellie's so STUPID"
Posted by LisaPles on 03-27-06 at 09:14 AM
Wow! What a skanky prom dress!

"What if...."
Posted by nailbone on 03-28-06 at 12:05 PM
...this is all part of the "make Chris (or whomever) the American Idol" conspiracy? Maybe the producers are telling her to play up this country/hick act to make people vote for her, while actually they WANT it to turn people from her to help improve Chris's (or whoever's) chances to win.

Sig by Arkie!!

"By Jove!"
Posted by mrc on 03-28-06 at 12:24 PM
I think you've got it!

We needed a new conspiracy for this season.

"Well"
Posted by Glow on 03-28-06 at 12:34 PM
That certainly doesn't make her any smarter, does it?

"RE: What if...."
Posted by EvelynisObsessed on 03-29-06 at 11:02 AM
Heh heh.. Maybe they want Kelli to stay for the tour. She'll be good for the show.

I love Kelli, I cringed when she talked about finding the shoes on sale because I knew she really was proud of finding them. Not an act, she really doesn't the resources that others have. As I recall they all had to supply their own clothes before the final 12 and she didn't have much to wear.

As for Chris, if he doesn't start singing better songs and cut the one-trick pony act he'll be gone faster than Constantine last year. I think he can sing, I just want to hear it.

Evelyn

Posted by Precious_JiNi on 03-28-06 at 02:59 PM
Yeah, she's cute ... but she can't sing. She's a karaoke singer at best, just like Nikki from season 1, who miraculously made it to the final four, when she shouldn't have.

Kellie should've been booted off the same night the chic that sang "Hero" left.

I don't buy this "jessica simpson" routine for one second. She's a pro at milking this fakeness.

Posted by sweet cheeks on 04-02-06 at 07:19 PM
She's not faking . There happens to be naive girls left.
And from the South. Some people might find that refreshing.

Posted by Kattrikk on 04-02-06 at 11:19 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-02-06 AT 11:20 PM (EST)

Personally, I am not buying the naive farm girl routine. I live (and was raised in) a small little hick town north of Sacramento and did not have a lot of city exposure and I sure knew what ballsy meant in high school. Geez.

I thought she was so adorable during her audition but the calamari and ESP the ballsy comment did me in. Not to mention the girl just can't sing that well IMO. I was fine with her being in the top 24 and even the top twelve, because there is no doubt that she brings something to the competition- the look, the act.. but I personally don't think she is top runner material. Time will tell. It wouldn't surprise me to see America keep her in and it wouldn't surprise me to see her in the bottom three soon. Time will tell.

I think once Ace and Bucky leave, things will get very interesting

Oh and btw, I totally agree that many people find her refreshing. Even if it IS an act, perhaps that is a lot more attractive than the slutty sexy cookie cutter pop star style that America has had so much exposure to in recent years.

Posted by Lisapooh on 04-03-06 at 12:38 PM
It would be refreshing, but her prom dress shows her pubes so it's really kinda not.

"RE: No Love"
Posted by LisaPles on 04-04-06 at 10:35 AM
I'm totally with you on not buying the "little miss innocence from the South" act!
Sorry Kellie, you will not get a sympathy vote from me because you buy your shoes from the sale rack. Gimme a break!

Posted by PagongRatEater on 04-19-06 at 10:23 AM
Sorry - I still just love the carp out of her. She is sweet and innocent and has an amazing story. Her voice is pretty one dimensional, but she is good within her genre.

I don't know if she should win, but she definitely belongs and has my lvoe and admiration.

But, the four of us had a great time.

Posted by CattyChat on 04-19-06 at 12:36 PM
I'm with you, PRE. I do think she has a nice voice, too, especially considering she hasn't had the training some others have had or the experience.

Last night she messed up, but it wasn't a train wreck and it she still sang well. I think her vocals will improve since there is raw talent there to begin with -- when you add in Kellie's personality, looks, upbringing/backstory Kellie has A LOT to offer. I think Kellie has a great career possibility as already paved by the Hilary Duff/Lindsay Lohan/Mandy Moores before her -- singing / acting / MERCHANDISING (I exclude Jessica Simpson, because I think Kellie sings MUCH better than Jessica). Kellie can be & do what Carrie can't.

While some may not like her "personality" or her "singing" she really only had one terrible week (Stevie Wonder) and even surprised everyone last week with Queen. She is nowhere near "sucking" & I think she's trying hard and taking every piece of advice offered.

Like her good ole Grandpa said last week "Hold yer head up, Kellie, everyone sends their love."

Kind Creation of ARNutz

Posted by tamarama on 04-19-06 at 06:32 PM
>>Last night she messed up, but it wasn't a train wreck<<

Gotta disagree with you there...she had major pitch problems, she ran ahead of the band for about half the song (though they tried valiantly to catch her) and she clearly wasn't thinking about the words she was singing (blank-eyed the whole way).

Vocally she's the weakest of the remaining women...and all in, I think Ace is the only one weaker.

Posted by Captain_Savem on 04-19-06 at 12:05 PM
I gotta admit, she was looking pretty damn good last night in that pink dress...

Handcrafted by RollDdice, yo.
MySpace

"ha!"
Posted by PagongRatEater on 04-19-06 at 12:15 PM
Great pic.

Long time since I've seen you around Cappy...great to see ya!

"RE: ha!"
Posted by Captain_Savem on 04-19-06 at 01:31 PM
Thanks!

Handcrafted by RollDdice, yo.
MySpace
Yeah, It's been a minute...

Posted by Twinkles on 04-19-06 at 07:16 PM
I think she's not faking it for the public. I think she probably does it all the time because there has been some huge payoff personally (and in the South probably few people ever blinked twice about it being a problem. She's cute and sexy and there are enough people who are happy with women who value looks and passivity over independence or feminism, for example.)

I think it must be some kind of way of getting attention and she's not putting it on like a light switch but it has been some skill it works for the attention she has needed in her personal life. It's also working right now on AI. If it's the deepest desire to be daddy's little girl and Grandaddy's little girl so she acts like she needs correcting all the time and speaks like a child, maybe that's it. I don't know exactly what it is of course because I don't know her personally.

For most people there is more of a payoff to act their age to get along with their peers and to become independent but she seems more determined to connect with her father figures.

I suspect that if she were cast out to survive on her own and she needed to catch on quickly her speaking voice would drop an octave and she would suddenly be able to figure out what everybody meant by everything they said. (She'd notice that other people at a restaurant didn't say the "L" in salmon, for example and quickly adapt).

But I still don't think she's annoying the heck out of me on purpose.

Posted by LisaPles on 04-21-06 at 02:42 PM
Excellent theory Twinkles. I totally agree with you.
As long as she acts that immature and helpless she can get people to do things for her and doesn't have to put forth the effort to achieve independence. I think you're right that it is habit for her to operate this way.

The main thing that turned me off to her right away in the beginning of the show is that she always brought the conversation back to her, oh so sad, backstory. You could tell that she was used to getting things because people think she's cute and feel sorry for her. I think that is so lame and is such a poor example to young women. Many young women overcome adversity in their lives and they don't wear it on their sleeve and throw it out there every opportunity they get.

Posted by nailbone on 04-21-06 at 02:52 PM
Did SHE put it out there all the time, or did the producers and Seacrest?

Sig by Arkie!!

Posted by LisaPles on 04-21-06 at 03:04 PM
I recall she was the one always reverting back to her "story". Of course, the producers pimped it, too.
Sorry, I know we have a difference of opinion here but I don't think Kelly would have let them forget about it if they tried!

Posted by nailbone on 04-21-06 at 04:23 PM
Maybe. I don't remember, that's why I was askin'. Like I say, I usually try to just watch her and not pay much attention to what she says anymore.

Sig by Arkie!!