URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 5528
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Ep. 10 Eyemail and Press Release"

Posted by sylvester on 11-15-04 at 10:42 PM
I just found these at Survivor Fever:

Episode 10 CBS Press Release

ONE CASTAWAY CONTEMPLATES DITCHING THEIR CURRENT ALLIANCE FOR ANOTHER, ON "SURVIVOR: VANUATU -- ISLANDS OF FIRE," THURSDAY, NOV. 18

"Culture Shock And Violent Storms!" -- One castaway struggles to decide whether to stay with their existing alliance or join another, on SURVIVOR: VANUATU -- ISLANDS OF FIRE, Thursday, Nov. 18 ( 8:00-9:00 PM , ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network.

As the castaway contemplates which alliance to be a part of, a fellow tribe member capitalizes on their indecisiveness to work a plan. A very surreal reward drives one castaway to over-indulge and pay for it later. After a tumultuous night where one castaway struggles to keep the camp together, it is decided the most useless tribe member should be the next to go. Leading into Tribal Council, one tribe member makes a last-ditch effort to secure a power position by attempting to sway a fellow tribe mate. But, will the effort work?

And, the tenth member is voted out of the tribe.

To get the Eyemail to load here, I had to crop off the top:

I think Ami is in trouble.

Sylvester (just call me CAT)

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"my 2cents"
Posted by Cathy the Canadian on 11-15-04 at 10:54 PM
The more they try to shove this "women's alliance in trouble thing" down our throats, the more I think they're just trying to divert attention from the obvious - a male pagonging. IMO, the women are all safe this week.

"RE: Ep. 10 Eyemail and Press Release"
Posted by KObrien_fan on 11-16-04 at 05:48 AM
I think this falls under the category of reverse misdirection. What is most obvious and in front of you is the answer. If you look at the CBS voted off poll, the general public has not been right about a boot yet this season. So CBS has done a good job of misdirecting the general public. I think this time they are showing us in plain sight.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

Posted by sylvester on 11-16-04 at 09:20 AM
I agree with KO 100%.

Last week I made a similar comment about Sarge. CBS gave us his boot on a silver platter, yet the boards were full of alternate theories, looking for possibilities that hinged on scenario A or scenario B, because the obvious is always mistrusted.

This week when I saw the preview I thought Ami was a goner. When I saw the web promo I thought Ami was a goner. I've been waiting for eyemail, and thought if Ami was featured that would seal the deal. Well, voila, deal sealed, lol.

Posted by cuon10 on 11-17-04 at 09:35 AM
Kind of in agreement with you. She does not seem that phased physically and if Survivor follows its usual pattern the final physical challenge will be endurance and I would not want to be up against her for that. I think she is possibly the goner, her or her little dog Eliza.

Posted by Flowerpower on 11-16-04 at 07:24 AM
The emydi theory says it's AMI or Scout....please let it be Scout!, Ha!

Posted by VerucaSalt on 11-16-04 at 07:39 AM
I love emydi and emydi's theory and I do wish Chad would last longer but I think we may have to tweak this theory a bit

Posted by emydi on 11-16-04 at 10:49 AM
Actually, I think my theory SUX...but if people want to give me a theory....

Courtesy of the Amazing Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Posted by cuon10 on 11-17-04 at 09:42 AM
I think that where it depicts Ami and Scout, this is representative of a power play with Scout trying to and probably succeeding temporarily by taking it from Ami. Who would you want to have a final physical challenge against? Ami or Scout.
Now is the time when they start weeding out the physically strong and treacherous people. Ami- both, Eliza-treacherous.
Plus, I believe right now the real alliances are Ami,Chris,Eliza and Twila,Chad,Scout with LeAnne and Julie thinking they are in control because they can swing either way if necessary. What usually happens when people get the power trip of being power swing voters in their head? Guillotene please. (may have spelled that wrong, but you get the picture.)
I am looking at Ami,Eliza,or Julie this week. They can afford to lose a couple of women and still be in control.

Posted by aethelstan on 11-16-04 at 08:04 AM
Interesting.

I speculated earlier that if the Eyemail showed Scout that I thought that Scout would be in serious trouble. I wonder if this is also hinting that Ami wins reward again?

I just have a suspicion that Ami will get wind that Scout is plotting against her and will turn the tables on her. The reward challenge where Ami spends time with Chris and Chadcould be instrumental. Perhaps Scout gets Chris to allign with her but Ami gets Chad?

İForged by RollDdice.

Posted by pmspml5 on 11-16-04 at 08:13 AM
I'm looking at this the other way around. They are showing Ami with the immunity necklace which means to me that she DOES NOT win immunity and that scout is instrumental in getter AMI kicked out. They have edited it so that Ami is on to Scout thanks to Eliza and making everyone think that Ami will make her move towards Scout. I think the exact opposite happens

Posted by Dakota on 11-16-04 at 10:10 AM
Note to FlowerPower - I so agree.
In the promo's on CBS, the statement "We have to start voting out the women" is made more than once. Then Scout is seen winking (how cute) at Chad. At first I thought that Scout was conning the guys. She's not ready to boot the women. But Eliza and Ami are feeling vulnerable, and Scout could be getting paranoid and ready to go with the guys. (Is it paranoia if they really ARE after you?)
- But Scout could be trying to break up any alliance the men are trying to make, especially after Ami and Eliza go with the guys for RC, thereby turning TC into another Rory-type surprise.

Then there's Snewser's reasonable certainty that Leann goes next week.
- A shift in alliances is essential if Leann leaves next week and I think Leann goes because Ami wins IC. The women are doubting each other and the men aren't as big a threat as Rory and Sarge.

The men want to get rid of Ami, but are trying to take advantage of any weakness to boot a woman. Any woman.
- Since the Scout/Eliza rift is getting so much play, I think one of them goes this week. I doubt that Eliza would be as hesitant to go against any alliance, now that she knows she's on the cusp of the alliance anyway. My vote: Scout

Posted by nailbone on 11-16-04 at 09:49 AM
also hinting that Ami wins reward again

So is the reward a neckrub from Jiffy P.?

Handcrafted by Rolly - ain't it cool!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

Posted by ShadyLady on 11-16-04 at 10:02 AM
I agree totally.

I think Ami is smart enough to adjust to changes in the game. I don't believe she will keep her stratgy static while the games changes around her. But if Ami gets Chad will she know what to do with him?

S-Lady

Posted by FesterFan1 on 11-16-04 at 11:01 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-16-04 AT 11:04 AM (EST)

Here are my problems with Ami being able to turn the tables:

1) The guys are certain that Ami's agenda is to keep the women solid. That, if given the option, she would choose a woman over either of them. Rory cautioned them as to how "ruthless" Ami is. I don't think either one of them want any part of her. And both of them know that she's the head of group. That's why they've been pushing since the merge to get rid of her.

2) Ami's much more of a challenge threat than Scout is. We already know the challenge threat baggage these guys have. They'd have to be over a serious barrel to pick Ami over Scout.

3) They have at least a tie with Scout and Twila. Twila has said she's more comfortable with the guys. Scout has a good personal relationship with Chris. Chris pulls the strings where Chad's concerned. Chad will not be able to convince Chris to make the move with Ami.

For me, I think something may go down, around the "most useless person" argument, between Ami and Scout. We have Chris' quote in the promo saying "if you question a woman's ability, she'll snap your neck". I think this is fallout after the tribe argues over who is the most useless, and Scout makes the decision to put her chips in with the boys.

The stumper in all of this is does the newly formed Scout/Twila/Chad/Chris bloc get a fifth member, or do they take their chances with a tie? It's hard for me to believe that they would take their chances, given that we haven't had a TC tie since the Purple Rock of Doom in S4. If they DO manage a majority, is the fifth Eliza (who is at odds with both Scout and Twila) or Julie (who seems to be MUCH more solid with Ami, Leeann and Eliza than with the older S/T/C/C bloc)? As of now, I can't think of one good reason that either of them would jump, UNLESS Eliza does what she did in E2. If she thinks she's the target, and Julie has immunity (as has been speculated elsewhere), she may agree to vote for Ami to save herself.

Fester

Posted by sylvester on 11-16-04 at 12:26 PM
"The stumper in all of this is does the newly formed Scout/Twila/Chad/Chris bloc get a fifth member, or do they take their chances with a tie? It's hard for me to believe that they would take their chances, given that we haven't had a TC tie since the Purple Rock of Doom in S4."

Fester, is it possible the contestants know what method would be used to break ties at TC this season, and we don't?

I know I read something earlier in the season, a rules type thing for Survivor contestants, that discussed the tie breaking procedure that would be used. Kicking myself now for not remembering where I read it. Perhaps they go back to the old method of breaking ties?

If that was the case, and if the contestants know that in advance, a tie between Chad & Ami would result in an Ami boot, since Chad has 1 prior vote against him and Ami has 4.

Just a thought. Maybe the purple rock no longer exists?

Posted by FesterFan1 on 11-16-04 at 01:25 PM
I doubt they were told what method(s) would be used to break TC ties. The PROD has discussed among the players in seasons since S4, but I think it was all speculative. I also think Burnett likes that they have the PROD in the back of their minds, whether he intends to use it again, or not.

Fester

Posted by sylvester on 11-16-04 at 05:05 PM
Fester, I'm replying to you again, because I finally found what I wrote the other day in the middle of VS's editing thread, lol.

Chad/Chris/Scout/Twila don't have to get a 5th person to get Ami out, all they have to do is split the women's vote. I too am struck by the clue about deciding to get rid of the most worthless person. I think it's a ruse, to keep Ami in the dark about her being the real target, and to try to get at least one of Julie/Leann/Ami to vote against Eliza. Then it's a 4-3-1 split vote, and Ami is toast. That vidcap of Scout winking at Chad just seems to back this up.

Here's what I wrote the other day:

I think Scout is perhaps the smartest survivor on Vanuatu, and that we just don't get too see much of her strategy. We have preview/promo proof of Scout hooking up with the men next week. Twila seems to be Scout's closest ally, and I've stated many times my belief that Scout/Twila/Chad/Chris are the new final 4 alliance.

What if Scout's speech to Julie & Twila & Leann, seen in night vision on the preview is the night of the RC when the other 4 are at reward in the village? There are no shots of the RC 4 at the same time, which seem to be the same night as the 'terrible storm'. What if Scout is setting up a ruse? Twila would be in on the ruse of course, but perhaps the plan is to make Leann & Julie believe that Eliza is the target?

Scout & Twila both know how ruthless Ami is when she feels threatened. They wouldn't want Ami to know she is the real target. Eliza would be the best possible ruse, as everyone in camp seems to be irritated by her. Perhaps they are trying to split the women's vote to ensure that their 4 Ami votes send Ami packing.

The worst that could happen is a tie, with 4 votes for Ami and four votes against whoever Ami & company choose to target. If the Eliza ruse worked, even with one person *cough*julie*cough*
voting Eliza, Ami is gone.

Posted by emydi on 11-16-04 at 05:18 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-16-04 AT 05:31 PM (EST)

I like this idea of a three person vote...4-3-1 to avoid a tie...
but will Twila be able to counted on to make this work??? Goes back to BR's (and my) feeling that Twila is always seen vacillating between options...

Also Leann will def. tell Ami as soon as she returns from RC and Ami has protected Eliza since Ep. 2. She will continue to try to protect her and may do her work to oust Scout using LJE and Chris...or she will simply go with continuing to pagong the men going after Chad (or Chris if Chad wins II). Julie will, I think, stick with LAE, but what do I know...I'm always wrong

Now, Eliza jumping ship and going with CCST to oust Ami may be more likely (see Fester's post above)once she realizes she's on the chopping auction block ....

Handcrafted by RollDdice

et change J to E and add more stuff about Eliza

Posted by sylvester on 11-16-04 at 05:43 PM
Emydi, I don't really see Twila as a vaccilator. I see her as someone who is completely focused on winning the money, and carefully weighing out the moves necessary to make that happen.

In the Rory boot episode, Twila really didn't vacillate. She told the men she wanted to vote for Rory, they just didn't listen to her. She had also convinced herself that the men were backstabbing her by promising Julie Final 4 also.

Last episode, I saw her apologizing to Sarge and feeling guilty for believing Julie and voting against the men, but I didn't see vaccilation. Sarge was going to get booted with or without her, and she was protecting herself by going with the group.

If Twila sees her chances of winning as being better with Scout/Chad/Chris, and I think she will since she is still saying she didn't feel as comfortable with the women, she will go with them. Plus, having Scout in the group almost assures that it's a 3 way fight for IC instead of 4.

Twila doesn't fit in with Ami, Leann, Julie & Eliza, I think she would see herself as 6th place with the women. She's gonna make her move with Scout.

Posted by emydi on 11-17-04 at 03:49 PM
I agree, but not this week, next week. I see her as F5 or F4 bootee though...after last week's TC speech by Sarge..she is in a precarious position and can be "used" by the different factions until she is not needed any longer...imho

Posted by Brownroach on 11-16-04 at 03:00 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-16-04 AT 03:24 PM (EST)

I speculated earlier that if the Eyemail showed Scout that I thought that Scout would be in serious trouble...I just have a suspicion that Ami will get wind that Scout is plotting against her and will turn the tables on her.

You know, something about the retracted family visit spoiler has been bothering me. The last we were told is that Lea's son, Scout's companion, and Eliza's boyfriend definitely did not go to Vanuatu.

Now there are hints that one of Eliza's parents did go to Vanuatu. And we know why Sarge's son didn't go; Sarge got voted out before the loved one visit.

So what about Scout? Would anyone other than her companion go for the visit? She's been with this woman 20 years. I don't believe they have any children, correct? I just can't imagine who besides her companion would make the trip.

So should we maybe reconsider this as a clue that Scout could get voted out before the family visit?

Although I'd have to say that's Scout's story doesn't seem at all about to terminate yet. Ugh, this is a tough week.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Posted by sylvester on 11-16-04 at 03:38 PM
"So what about Scout? Would anyone other than her companion go for the visit? She's been with this woman 20 years. I don't believe they have any children, correct? I just can't imagine who besides her companion would make the trip."

BR, I think Scout has a sister. She mentions in her application video that her Dad wanted a boy, but ended up getting 2 girls.

Maybe even a twin sister?

Posted by emydi on 11-16-04 at 04:05 PM
and they will switch and Scout will go home and her twin will finish the game.. that is Rupert's big surprise

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Thinking FP/Scar should do this on Survivor!!!

Posted by Brownroach on 11-16-04 at 04:29 PM
Doesn't Scout have a ton of animals on her ranch? Maybe one of them will fly over.

Okay everybody, let's stop invoking the name of R----t now. Please. PLEASE.

Posted by Brownroach on 11-16-04 at 11:01 AM
cat, where is this on Fever? And do they have all the old EyeMails saved?

It seems to me we didn't start seeing EyeMails until Ep 4 or 5. Also, I can't find one for Ep 7, when John K got the boot. Does anyone remember seeing that one, and was John K featured?

Posted by VerucaSalt on 11-16-04 at 11:29 AM
Unfortunately I do not have all of them, I had posted a lot of them throughout the season for emydi but here is a list

Ep. 1

Ep. 4

Ep. 5

Ep 6

Ep 7

Ep 8

Ep 9

Posted by Brownroach on 11-16-04 at 12:12 PM
Thanks, VS.

So Brady, Travis, Rory and Sarge were all highlighted in their boot episode. John K was in a group shot in his boot episode.

Scout, Twila and Lisa and Eliza have all appeared in multiple shots, either highlighted or in a group. Leann is completely absent so far. Ami is highlighted for the first time this week.

I don't know about reading anything into these. For the most part the EyeMail photos illustrate the storyline that CBS is pushing in the accompanying press release and the previews. This week it's that Scout is making a move and Ami is worried, so those two are pictured.

But I don't think it necessarily means one of them will be booted, there could still be a surprise turn of events.

Posted by VolcanicGlass on 11-17-04 at 01:51 PM
VS, the one you have labeled as E1 is actually E2

I don't think the EyeMails mean anything in terms of who is pictured.
The teasers, on the other hand, can be helpful in narrowing down the narrative for the episode.

Here are the missing ones.

E1

E3

Posted by sylvester on 11-16-04 at 12:08 PM
BR, Fever puts them all on the Episode Titles and Details page.
Here's the address:

http://www.survivorfever.net/episode_title_details.html

They only have the last several posted, and they have most of the press releases on that page also.

VS has posted all the ones that I can remember this season. I think they might have missed a few weeks sending them out.

The only one we have that doesn't show the bootee (besides Ep. 1) that episode is the Ep. 6 eyemail where Lisa was booted. It did feature her prominently on the previous week's though.

I find it interesting that Twila and Chris were prominently featured in the first eyemail. Hmmmmmmmm.

Posted by emydi on 11-16-04 at 12:22 PM
The first eyemal was actually Ep. 2 not 1. Remember the maggots in the food occurred when Dolly cried and she was also booted that week.

Oh and for a theory, I don't think it can be used to show the boot..only who will be featured as BR says above..so I have a theory named after me that doesn't always hold true!! IN YOUR FACE, SUCKAHS

Posted by VerucaSalt on 11-16-04 at 12:33 PM
emydi I adore your theory

Posted by sylvester on 11-16-04 at 12:38 PM
"Oh and for a theory, I don't think it can be used to show the boot..only who will be featured as BR says above..so I have a theory named after me that doesn't always hold true!!"

Emydi, I think eyemail is a useful tool in picking the bootee.
Does it 100% everytime feature the boot? No. In the 7 eyemails we have here though it pictures the bootee 5 times. 5 out of 7 is nothing to sneer at.

After all, CBS has to feature the bootee in the episode to set the boot scenario. Shakes is building a theory based on it, this is really part of that same theory, just in a concise, visual way.

You don't suck Emy, neither does the theory.

Posted by emydi on 11-16-04 at 12:57 PM
Well, thank you CAT, you are sweet

Handcrafted by RollDdice

"Redemption"
Posted by sorgee on 11-16-04 at 12:52 PM
MB usually has at least 1 or 2 people each season that he will "redeem" as part of their story line. We haven't really seen that happen yet this season. I'm thinking that Ami's story is a prime candidate to hit the redemption arc, but I don't think it will happen this week.

HOWEVER, if the eyemail is accurately portraying the level of Ami's distrust, MB may focus on her vulnerability and redeem her by showing us her softer side. If that happens, she's toast.

I think that Scout might be in trouble and Ami leads the charge to get rid of her this week. We will get shots of Ami whining about the "trust issues" and thus starting the redemption. Next week, teh tribe turns on Ami and we really see her vulnerabilty and start to pull for her. She becomes the underdog and saves herself by winning immunity. At this point, the casual viewer is now pulling for Ami, she has been redeemed and she gets canned the following week.

i have crazy ideas all the time. this is just one of the many...