URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID9
Thread Number: 551
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"What about a more "seasoned" group of hamsters?"

Posted by sum1smum on 08-20-04 at 12:54 PM
Okay, I'm going to go out on a limb here and state that I'm losing patience with these young sprouts, who have just begun to actually function in that cut-throat world, trying to strategize their ways through this game.

I propose that BB does a season with nothing but more "seasoned" contestants: those of us who have been stomped on a bit by life and had to claw our ways to the top (or mid, or whatever). Okay, so we may not look as good in the hot tub or spend as much time in skimpy halter tops, but we would strategize the heck out of the game. And, we wouldn't get sidetracked by snuggling (doesn't mean we wouldn't, just that we'd keep it in perspective) or crying about someone's supposed slight.

So, I say, let's up the age limit by 20-30 years and see some real ruthless game playing!

Okay, got that out of my system. Time for my afternoon nap.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: What about a more "seasoned" group of hamsters?"
Posted by Pretty_Kitty on 08-20-04 at 12:58 PM
LOL amen to that!!!!! the BB House would be a welcome vacation to anyone who's had to deal with "real" problems Heck I'd rather deal with what goes on in there than being a single mom to a teenager (which I am)

Posted by ginger on 08-20-04 at 01:25 PM
I blame Chicken George.

He killed the fogey demographic.

Posted by qwertypie on 08-20-04 at 03:08 PM
I am so with you!! It is like watching a bunch of juniour high kids. And I would even wear a skimpy halter top and show off the glory of my stretch marks if that what was called for.
Enjoy your nap (I am sooooo jealous)

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Posted by sisterwoman on 08-21-04 at 11:09 AM
> And I would
>even wear a skimpy halter
>top and show off the
>glory of my stretch marks
>if that what was called
>for.

HAHAHAA@!!! I'd have plenty to show off myself! Project SM!

Posted by Drive My Car on 08-21-04 at 10:26 AM
I think it's just harder to find older people who can leave their families and jobs and lives for 3 months. Besides CBS seems to want to make the BB house like The Real World.
I think it would be refershing to see a house cast with 30 - 45 yr olds.

"Garlic salt and cayenne?"
Posted by IceCat on 08-21-04 at 12:28 PM
... and maybe just a pinch of brown sugar?

"*GASP*"
Posted by Drive My Car on 08-21-04 at 12:56 PM

I'm telling!

"Pssst..."
Posted by IceCat on 08-21-04 at 01:51 PM
It's really a gerbil...

"Oh sure"
Posted by Drive My Car on 08-21-04 at 03:39 PM
like I may believe that, but I know a certain hamster who may take some convincing.

( I hear she wants to be dressed as an astronaut)

"RE: Garlic salt and cayenne?"
Posted by vixie on 08-22-04 at 01:28 AM
Cumin, lime and cilantro drizzled on at the end is good, too!

Posted by vixie on 08-22-04 at 01:27 AM
I'm up for it mum. And BTW kitty, I, too have a 15 yr old daughter..and I'm 54! Please, we could deal with that whole situaion with ease, yes? I not only could leave, but would gladly leave. I work for myself, and my customers are not only hooked on my cooking, but faithful and loyal. However, no bikinis for me....he!! no! And I'm not too happy with the arm flaps either, so possibly no tank tops. But strategy? Humor? Wit? Intelligent conversation? Pranks? I've got it all over these tykes. And by the way, I say 40 and up..don't stop at 45! Give us a break! They haven't done a single competition that I couldn't handle this year. I doubt I would've won the endurance comp, but who knows. I'm just bull headed enough to suffer all night and win anyway! And I would never whine over a nomination. I would either take it in stride or get pissed and overcome it. But that's just me! (ARF! ARF! ARF!) See, the dog agrees!

Posted by qwertypie on 08-22-04 at 01:30 AM
Could we have one cute towel boy to keep as a pet?

Posted by vixie on 08-22-04 at 01:33 AM
oh please, please, please, please,please! And he would have to be in addition to the gay guy, who of course, make excellent style consultants and "girlfriends!"

Posted by qwertypie on 08-22-04 at 12:54 PM
Sign me up!

Posted by syren on 08-22-04 at 01:11 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-22-04 AT 01:33 PM (EST)

Okay, I am part of the "younger" side, however, I would stratigize like crazy....and forget the bikini, tank tops are okay, but to keep the ratings CBS would throw my bikini out the door before I even got in. However some snuggling would be fine...he he. I would not lose perspective of the end. I would really like to see some real people, not those who are already acting on the side or modeling or fitness pros. Which of these HG's everyone knows about Holly, Jase, Diane and the famous fitness twins. If you wanna see what I am tlaking about (haven't seen it anywhere else, if it is, sorry)here is a link to their site..
http://www.fitnesstwins.com/
they sure do look alot better there than in the house.

Posted by vixie on 08-22-04 at 03:16 PM
okay, so sign us both up syren, but let's do have real slice of life people. No one associated with seeking an acting career...but no problem with getting their 15 min. So say, 25 and up? Or 30? AND no personal trainers, fitness coaches or overly developed lifters, please?