URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 549
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"big ego? full of herself"

Posted by MollyTV on 03-17-04 at 03:25 AM
i admit...i too think fantasia can sing...but i see the train
coming.
i am not sure when or how but i think she is in for the "justin guarini" wake up call.
i have cringed noticing how they focus a lot of attention on her during group gatherings...and i think "she knows it"...
but at the end last night...she was over the top..and maybe i am just jealous...but mark my words...

its comin'
molly

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: big ego? full of herself"
Posted by Ricky on 03-17-04 at 03:38 AM
Yea, she's kinda a diva already. She's good and she knows it. However some of the attitude is done in a fun and playful way. As she mentioned at the end of the show, Ryan always goes to her because he knows he'll get an interesting response. Some of the others are just boring (no offense Leah and Camille).

Posted by I_AM_HE on 03-17-04 at 03:41 AM
yeah, the first time i saw her, her attitude was very off putting, but tonight it did seem more like good fun.

and yes, Camile and Leah - and Jasmine, Diana, and maybe John S. - are BORING (and/or shallow) personality wise! i think this has something to do with them being so young. they shouldn't be in the finals yet - let them grow and improve some, and the depth of personality will come with it.

- RMMNW!!!

Posted by Patience10 on 03-17-04 at 06:27 AM
Personality plus does seem to impress America. Kelly, our very 1st American Idol won for two reasons, among others: She has a great voice and a bubbly, sweet personality.

Posted by Karennz on 03-17-04 at 08:04 AM
"I'm good and I know it, so I'm just gonna have fun while I'm here."

That's my take on Fantasia.

And by the way, I think her perspective is right on, on all counts.

Posted by managerr on 03-17-04 at 11:26 AM
No way, I think AI has done a good job with presenting the personalities of the contestants this year.

Camille -- Sweet and innocent small town girl.
Jasmine -- Beauty Pageant Contestant
Diana -- Cute, teenage girly girl.
Jon S. -- Teenager who wish he could live in the 50's.
Leah -- Girl that comes from the tough background who is overly ambitious even though she can't sing.

That's how they come across to me anyway...there are no really boring contestants. LaToya was the only one who didn't show that much personality wise, but they did a good job of her tonight. She got the best edit package, imho. (Loving mother, wife, aspiring artist, talented, etc.)

Posted by CantStandToLook on 03-17-04 at 09:08 AM
I think the judges and Ryan are focusing a lot of attention her way. She's trying to play it off but if they dont ease up a bit, america could start to tire of it.

I thought it was really interesting the way Simon turned on his star Camille. She's pretty and all that but her voice IS shaky. All in all, I thought she sounded better last night than she did in her performance that got her to the final 12.

Fantasia, Latoya and Diane Degarmo...really rocked last night.

Mr. Football player needs to go home. ughhh...was not impressed at all.

A RollD orginal "Goin retro for spring"

Posted by ElroyJetson on 03-17-04 at 09:46 AM
I think the judges and Ryan are focusing a lot of attention her way. She's trying to play it off but if they dont ease up a bit, america could start to tire of it.

I agree. I didn't catch the first season, but last year's top 2 were very humble. Not a diva (divo?) among Clay and Ruben. America won't vote for cocky no matter how good she is.

Posted by realityluver on 03-17-04 at 11:28 AM
>Not a diva (divo?) among Clay and Ruben.

divo... now that is funny.

Posted by Mistral on 03-17-04 at 10:12 AM
I agree with you 100%...she is good, she already looks and sounds like a pro....it's like she's just going through the motions of the competition and expects to win. And she's probably talented enough to do so.

That being said, she bugs the heck out of me too....I don't like that thing when she schlurs her "s" and I think her ego is enormous. She's not my pick to win, but she'll probably go top 3. Hopefully everyone will get sick of her grating personality and NOT crown her AI3.

Posted by libgirl2 on 03-17-04 at 12:26 PM
I think thats why I am liking George so much... the guy has no attitude about himself and is just thrilled to be there and having fun. Plus, everytime he sings, I end up singing the song the rest of the night! His joy is evident.

Posted by RealityAddict on 03-17-04 at 02:06 PM
>I think thats why I am
>liking George so much... the
>guy has no attitude about
>himself and is just thrilled
>to be there and having
>fun. Plus, everytime he sings,
>I end up singing the
>song the rest of the
>night! His joy is evident.

I really enjoyed George last night, too. He didn't stand out to me until last night...but his great voice combined with his humble personality will get him places! I agree that he is having fun and looks thrilled to be there. I hope he makes it far in the competition.

Posted by pmspml5 on 03-17-04 at 02:21 PM
His humble, thankful to be there attidute reminds me of Clay. I just shake my head thinking this guy was actually cut from the final 32 and was only put in after another contestant messed up. Take advantage George and go go go...

Posted by IreneMcGee on 03-17-04 at 02:39 PM
Fantasia AND Jennifer Hudson both think they've sewn this thing up.

Did you notice how Jennifer's usual, "Oh my God, you really really like me?" tears were replaced last night by "I KNOW I'm a star, and you BETTER praise me."

I think all these VOICES are going to cancel each other out for an actual SINGER like Jasmine.

Besides, Gospel isn't exaclty a style that's going to sell big time unless you can mix it up. Let's see Fantasia or Jennifer do a nice love song without all the bravado.