URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID87
Thread Number: 548
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Dancing With The Stars PTTE: Final Results."

Posted by Estee on 11-27-08 at 11:40 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-30-08 AT 01:38 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 11-27-08 AT 11:42 AM (EST)

So who saw Brooke & Derek coming?

...okay, other than 'just about everyone who watched the first episode', at least as far as the judges' scores went. Who would have thought a model would pull in actual public support? And that's what killed most of us -- at the start, we thought Brooke would get the usual lack of help from every woman who thought she was too pretty to win. Surprise: all of those women voted to keep Derek in. Anyone think we should have seen that one coming?

Who won this thing? Who called it as closely as possible for a show with nearly-live results and endless delays before announcing them? Who's going to have to find someone to commission a sigpic? Who would I be kidding if I tried to pass all of this off as anything other than filler?

The final leaderboard:

#1. Taffnic: 22

#T2. CTGirl: 28
#T2. DJandy: 28
#4. Kircon: 30
#5. Silverstar: 31
#6. AddieRacer: 32
#7. Keezrfan: 33
#8. Snidget: 35
#9. Glow: 36
#T10. Qwertypie: 39
#T10. Mindy: 39
#12. Quepea: 44
#13. Estee: 56
#14. Hoobie: 58

Taffnic won on a well-timed (and charged for) list change after seeing how the season might play out. (It's strategy and it was accurate: well done.) A lot of us took our greatest damage from two factors: feeling Susan's fanbase would carry her, and the whole Brooke thing. Multiple people also didn't see Warren's long-term status coming -- but just about everyone thought Lance would hang around about as long as he did, with a lot of exact predictions in that area.

And yes, I do svck at playing this game.

So congratulations to Taffnic, who gets absolutely no mirror ball trophy whatsoever, but also doesn't have to listen to Len scream about any jumps for joy that may be conducted. And lifts? Are perfectly legal.

Remember, kids: next season? Dan Quayle!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Dancing With The Stars PTTE: Final Results."
Posted by CTgirl on 11-28-08 at 08:45 AM
Congrats to Taffnic!! Good job.

Thanks Estee for running the PTTE.

Dash Away by Agman

Posted by taffnic on 11-29-08 at 10:09 PM
Wow, I sure didn't expect this. When I changed my list I was far behind and figured it wouldn't matter if I got charged for it, so what the heck.

Thanks Estee for the PTTE game.This was the first time I ever played this particular game. It was fun.

"Pic pickup!"
Posted by Estee on 12-03-08 at 09:21 AM
Courtesy of Snidget (and due thanks):

Posted by Quepea on 11-29-08 at 11:35 PM
I, for one, was way off in thinking Warren Sapp would have a hard time with the footwork aspect. It was surprising to see a big guy move so nimbly.

Thanks Estee, and congrats Taffnic!

Posted by Snidget on 11-30-08 at 07:38 AM
Congrats to Taffnic!

I really thought Brooke would have the usual problem models do. Even with the lack of personality thing that she still had an issue with at least she could move continuously which seems to be hard for models used to posing.

I thought Susan's fans would get her into the finals like Marie's fans did. I was kind of surprised they didn't.

Hall's Decked by Tribe!

Posted by kircon on 12-01-08 at 02:31 AM
Thanks Estee for hosting this PTTE game.

I had fun watching and playing. Great Job Taffnic!

I can't wait to see the Potatoe King dance!

Posted by SilverStar on 12-01-08 at 09:46 AM
Congrats, Taffnic! Great job.

Thanks to Estee for hosting the game!

Domo arigato, Ms. Slicey!

Posted by djandy on 12-02-08 at 07:54 PM
Congrats to Taffnic! After trailing all season long I pulled out a respectable 2nd. Thanks to Estee for taking the time to run this game!