URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 544
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Last Night's Show"

Posted by mojoutd on 03-16-04 at 11:08 PM
Is it just me, or are they excessively Gentle with john Stevens. The more i watch the show, i'm conjvinced Paula is too nice, half the time, Randy too What's up Dawg, and Simon is the only one calling it like it is.

Leah Labella, was always in my opinion iffy. Her voice is too deep for the popstar thing.

I just, cringe when i hear John Stevens. I mean, he sand Billy Joel, and he did it in the same way he did the whole FRICKEN Sanfransisco Song. He actually regressed this show, that suit! He looked even more out of place. I'm just really tired of them cutting him slack, he's classy, brilliant, blah blah blah. This is SOUL night! Soul night and he dropped the friggen BALL! Hes dropped it twice in my opinion. Leah could have sang what she sang last time and fit right in! she blew her song selection on the WildCARD Show. I'm actually sad to see her go, it does seem like she's stopped trying. Where the heck is her MOM, I'd a been on the phone with her constantly, saying. SEND me a VIDEO of DANCE Moves, and a Song so i can nail Soul night, but she blew it.

George Nailed it, but I always knew he would. I think he sadly cut his mustache for the long night. And I knew he'd kick ##### on Soul night. They do a big band or Sinatra night he's screwed. On the same level, Fantasia will blow the Sinatra, 50's night or at least the Sinatra night.

Sadly, the people with the most potential will be cut. and i think Leah's going home,
I'm sad, and i'm a fan, but she like Phoned it in tonight. Maybe it was too much. Seriously, she's pretty young, and she has potential for the future, but i think sadly, she's too young. I think John Steven's will improve when his face thins, his voice changes and his &^%ls drop.

Diana Digarmo, is bound to be cut later too. Sadly, as much as i like Matt he'll have to go, unless he's holding back somethign i haven't seen.

John Peter Lewis, NEEDS a makeover. It's gotta happen at some point,and the dancing has got to stop.

It really is a Woman's Idol this year, and i think they are grooming Latoya. I have to watch my words, because I don't want to offend anyone, but i think it's payback time for Idol One and 2, and for Tamaira Grey. I wouldn't be surprised if Simon and others knew that Latoya had them pipes all a long, but they showed a more subdued clip, because basically, I don't remember a single shot of her, in the fifth round eliminations.

My two cents!

Mojo

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Last Night's Show"
Posted by applesugar on 03-16-04 at 11:27 PM
I am definitely with you on John Stevens. He sounds so boring. I don't why they are telling him he's so classy. At first, I was thinking that Leah was out but if America thinks "Lil Sin" is as boring as I do he night get the boot!!!

Posted by nailbone on 03-17-04 at 10:17 AM
DW thought they were unusually gentle with all the guys, cuz with the exception of George, the boys were toasted by the girls last night. If the males don't pick it up, it's gonna be an all female group very soon.

Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice o-

Posted by managerr on 03-17-04 at 11:18 AM
Yes, they definitely held back Latoya, they knew what she was capable of. I remember reading a spoiler, even before Week 1, that the first three people that the judges put in the Top 3 were Jasmine, Tiara, and LaToya. They were the favorites to win.

2 of those 3 made the Final 12. In retrospect I liked how they did it. They didn't push the top group of singers because they knew they could advance on their own. They pushed the second and third grouping of singers to give some of them an added push to the Top 12. As a result, the field is still wide open. LaToya and Fantasia are probably the favorites, but Jasmine, Diana, and George are coming on strong.

Posted by Chrissy gal on 03-17-04 at 06:49 PM
I remember reading a spoiler, even before Week 1, that the first three people that the judges put in the Top 3 were Jasmine, Tiara, and LaToya.

I still don't understand why the judges decided to cut Tiara from the wild card night.

Posted by Jethro on 03-18-04 at 01:31 AM
Paula is pretty much excessively gentle with everyone. Simon, for whatever reason, goes really easy on John. I guess Simon just likes some variety, and John IS different. The judges keep referring to Sinatra, but John really doesn't compare - at least from what I've seen. While he does have a nice mellow tone (I hear more Mel Torme than Sinatra) when he sings soft songs, he has not shown any power. All the crooners could really belt out the big notes - Sinatra, Andy Williams, Tony Bennett, Sammy Davis Jr, Jack Jones - those guys could really belt out the big power notes, and they could also switch up styles. I haven't heard that from John. I'd like to hear him sing a fast song and blow the doors off with one big power note at the end of a song. Then I might be sold. Until I see that, to me he is just a guy with a great sounding mellow voice that can't really sing anything else. I think Randy's figured it out already as he hasn't been nearly as forgiving as Paula and Simon.

Camille is another one. She pulled in more votes than 3 other contestants by trembling through her performance. Hey, I feel for her, but do we want the next American Idol to get there via sympathy votes? She defintely should have been in the bottom two, but someone is voting for her. I'd love to see her turn it around, but I don't know if she can get past her stage fright.

JPL doesn't do it for me, but he's got that weird Beck thing going on that makes him stand out.

As good as Fantasia is, her voice seems to irritate as many people as it engages. I don't think she'll be in the top 2 for that reason alone.

Matt, to me, is another Joshua Gracin. Can't really sing, but people like him anyway.

It's anyone's game at this point. Tamyra was a shoo-in for the top 2 in season 1 until she performed a really bad 80's song and got the boot. Latoya seems to be in the lead at this point, but that could be her downfall if she's not careful.