URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID87
Thread Number: 541
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"DWTS#7, Episode 17, recap"

Posted by vince3 on 11-13-08 at 12:41 PM
This is what happened on Tuesday, if you happened to miss the show while we were down:

The Encore Dance was Warren/Kym's "Peter Gunn/Spy Hunter" Tango.

Brad Paisley sang two songs, the first of which Lacey and Benji danced to, and the second one had Pros from the upcoming Tour dancing to....... We also learned that Maks is the Choreographer this time around, and Toni will also sing at Tour stops!

The Interactive Dance Carnage had the Jive done to "Great Balls of Fire" and had Derek and Julianne doing the dancing in outfits that had keyboards across the middle, thanks to a contest entry, and the winners got a brief dance segment with the Houghs, too.

Maurice/Cheryl received the Red Light of Doom and were eliminated.

Because Cody survived this week, he gets Julianne back for the Semi-Finals!

Also, for the Semi-Finals, Len's Master Dance Class will be back, so there will be some kind of overblown segment for that.....

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: DWTS#7, Episode 17, recap"
Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 11-13-08 at 02:06 PM
I never thought I would say this before but.....Benji was annoying.

I loved Derek and Julianne's dance.

Never liked Maurice all that much, so not sorry to see that.

Can't wait for Cody/Julianne to see what happens. Cody/Edyta didn't work for me. It wasn't that they weren't together long enough, I think that Edyta just didn't do that good of a job of teaching. Showed me that there's a reason why she doesn't make very far.

Len? Go away. Now.

Posted by SilverStar on 11-13-08 at 04:13 PM
Benji was annoying

Really? Ok, good then, I don't have to bother with watching it online. What happened to our boy, Dan?? After he won, he just lost all his magic or something.

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 11-13-08 at 11:10 PM
I think it must have gone to his head or something. He is going overboard on the showmanship and thinks acting goofy was his appeal. His appeal was his talent and the innocent charm he put into it. *sigh*

Posted by vince3 on 11-13-08 at 02:14 PM
I just remembered the other thing that they did, and it was kinda annoying: they had the couples have a session with Dr. Drew, who's a relationship counselor as well as his rehab doctor duties........

Posted by qwertypie on 11-13-08 at 08:25 PM
Which just emphasized to me what a major A$$ Derek is. Sorry, I just don't find verbal abuse and partner denigration attractive. And this is in a professional relationship? Run Shannon Elizabeth, run!!!!
Good on Brooke (still miffed she is so smokin' after popping all those kids ) for standing up for herself.

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 11-13-08 at 11:11 PM
Derek an a$$? Oh my dear, you must really go back to Fag Hag School to learn who the proper hotties are and their treatment thereof.

Posted by qwertypie on 11-17-08 at 01:50 PM
*SIGH* I do have so much to learn.

"Derek & Julianne Stars of Dance"
Posted by djandy on 11-14-08 at 09:47 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-14-08 AT 09:49 AM (EST)

I was trying to figure out if Derek & Julianne's dance was pre-recorded prior to Julianne's surgery. I assumed it was, but then there were 2 ladies with bold black and white print dresses on the edge of the dance floor that gave a standing ovation after the dance, and that I noticed in the background on another segment. They could have just recorded D & J taking a bow live and recorded the dance segment weeks ago. Does anybody know? If it was live, then Julianne is fully recovered. But somehow I doubt that she would be back in such tip top shape so soon after surgery considering the Jive is one of the most strenuous dances there is.

Also, who were the 6 pros that danced? I saw Edyta & Alec, Karina & Maks, and Kym? and who?

"RE: Derek & Julianne Stars of Dance"
Posted by vince3 on 11-14-08 at 09:54 AM
I think the 6th one was Tony, but I'm not completely sure, and I didn't tape the show. I was going from memory.

"RE: Derek & Julianne Stars of Dance"
Posted by TxSheCat on 11-17-08 at 11:18 AM
But wasn't their dance in response to the contest where the viewers got to choose the dance and design the outfits or something? (Also going off memory here and it fails me....A LOT!) Just thinking if it was, then it couldn't have been precorded too far in advance.....and I agree, if it was live, then she bounced back from that surgery like it was nothin'!!!