URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID85
Thread Number: 541
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Premiere - Anyone?"

Posted by The Cake on 09-07-07 at 10:53 AM
Is anyone watching yet? Any stand out favorites? Personally I think the blue team is much better than the gold. I really like the African guy, I think his last name is Biku? The other stand out favorite of mine is the British guy Smith. I think he will go far. Is there any spoilers on who will fight first? Depending on who fights, I might want to bet on it with a co-worker. Anybody know?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Premiere - Anyone?"
Posted by cmoneytakemoney on 09-08-07 at 11:12 AM
The guys name is Sakio Bika and he's from Australia you dumb monkey.

Posted by PagongRatEater on 09-08-07 at 03:05 PM
There is both a Brit and an Aussie in the competition, so Paul Smith from Liverpool is probably who the original poster was referring to. And name calling is generally frowned on.

Welcome to the boards.

Posted by The Cake on 09-08-07 at 04:08 PM
I take it you haven't picked your own favorite yet, huh?

Actually his name is Saiko Bika, and he is from Cameroon, which is a country in Africa. Actually fought for them in the Olympics during the 2002 Sydney games. It was after the games that he moved to Australia.

Posted by cmoneytakemoney on 09-12-07 at 02:05 PM
His name is spelled Sakio Bika. Not Saiko Bika.

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 09-19-07 at 01:56 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-19-07 AT 01:56 PM (EST)

>His name is spelled Sakio Bika.
>Not Saiko Bika.

Thank you, I don't know who the board would survive without you. I knew what you meant Cake.

This season is ok, I think because the cut back the fighters from 10 to 16 the season will go by too fast to get to know any of the other fighters. Also, the way it is set up is still not as good as Season One where we really got to know the fighters. What made Season One more personable was the interaction of the fighters with there families, here the famile members come on at the end....no kids though. I do like how the top 4 winners rather than 5 make it to the second round....makes them fight harder.

I like the first weeks fight. Both came out ready to go. The loser however fought too hard and he was destined to lose and did when the other guy caught on a whaled on him. The losers legs turned to jello. In the second round Max Alexander was a HUGE disappointment. Looked like a fighter just hoping to land the big one. Sam destroyed him.

Posted by The Cake on 09-25-07 at 03:14 PM
Thanks Wacko! Can't wait for the show tonight. I will try to see if I can't post a summary tomorrow about it. I agree though, the first season you really got to know the boxers & their families better. But, maybe after the first rounds we will start to see more of that. After we get to the final 4 or 5, do the fights go more than 5 rounds? I can't seem to remember.

Posted by Agman2 on 05-06-15 at 02:09 PM
>His name is spelled Sakio Bika.
>Not Saiko Bika.

Don't be a jerk you dumb monkey

Posted by kidflash212 on 08-10-15 at 10:35 AM
Trolls don't get better with age do they?

Posted by Agman2 on 05-06-15 at 02:08 PM
Monkeys are smarter than you.

Posted by agman on 11-10-07 at 10:58 AM
Hey Cake, congratulations, I see your favorite fighter one the whole competition. I thought his fight was outstanding!!!!!

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 11-12-07 at 11:16 AM
Overall Second 3 was better than Season 2. Seemed to have better fighters this season. The global search i am sure helped. What ever became of Grady Brewer anyways? Season 1 was by far the best.

Posted by PagongRatEater on 11-14-07 at 09:06 AM
I agree on season 1. I'm still not sure why they moved away from the human interest angle, but it was made this show compelling for the non-boxing fans.

<[P>

Posted by mindy23 on 02-06-08 at 12:50 PM
Does this mean that this show is completely gone-off the air for good? Hubby and I have been channel surfing for this for the past few years, and we've been unable to find a trace of it. Too bad......

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 02-14-08 at 04:45 PM
No announcement as been made. I am betting it will be back, but ESPN is pretty poor at announcing these type pf things. I did not know their was a season 3 until after the first episode aired.

Posted by agman on 02-22-08 at 11:36 PM
I agree, most of the time I miss the first few episodes and have to watch throughout the week to get caught up. It was pretty popular last year so I assume(fingers crossed) that there will be another season coming soon.

Sculpted by Tribe

Posted by Agman2 on 03-08-15 at 06:31 PM
I coulda been uh contenda