URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID77
Thread Number: 533
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"February? Really?"

Posted by pinksparkleguitar on 11-08-06 at 10:11 PM
Did they just mention this now? Where have I been? No episodes until February 7th. Granted then we get 16 episodes in a row, but man, I don't think I can make it for three months.

What do you guys think? Will it help this season out a bit or kill it completely?

Ready for fall, thanks to Sharnina!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: February? Really?"
Posted by Das Mole on 11-08-06 at 10:38 PM
Well.

I don't think it will kill it completely.

However, I think it'll be hard (for some people) to recall the first 6 weeks. Hopefully they'll have a recap episode the week before it starts or something.

I can make it 3 months. But I don't know if I'll be so interested by then.

...Oh who am I kidding. I'm addicted. =\

das.

Posted by miamicatt on 11-09-06 at 01:01 AM
OH MY GOD. That was so tense I think I had a small stroke.

####ing FEBRUARY!! YOU BASTIGES!!

But yeah...I'll clear my schedule for that day and be glued to the TV every Wednesday after that.

And at least they are filling the void with Taye Diggs...so y'know, we got that goin' for us.

Posted by cycles2k on 11-09-06 at 01:34 AM
Right now I am hooked (again) but by February - who knows. Maybe I will be pissed that the Groundhog Day show is being replaced by Lost.

Posted by Snidget on 11-09-06 at 07:04 AM
This was announced quite some time ago and discussed here link.

Peeps moaned and groaned and complained and b!tched so much last year every time there was a repeat that they said fine, no repeats next season, evah.

They decided to do a few weeks in the fall and then start it up again in February and run out the season straight.

Personally I would prefer a middle ground where they do 6 weeks on then 6 weeks of repeats (I do know the one repeat the week before sweeps thing is annoying, but really is it that terrible to re-see a Lost episode. Even a re-run of Lost is better than a lot of other TV, but apparently this is a terrible awful thing to suffer through for everyone else on the planet)

Every other show that did this I end up not watching because I miss a week and then can't follow anything at at least with a few repeats once in awhile I can get caught up. At least they have them free on the abc site so maybe I'll be able to get through the 16 week solid part of the season.

Posted by Tamena on 11-09-06 at 10:10 AM
Hubby hasn't seen last night's show yet, he was at work
He's not going to be happy and neither am I.
I wish they'd not do this again....
I think it's annoying =/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Karma doesn't come back on people because some universal controller-god pushes buttons. It comes back on people because they dig holes for themselves to fall into.

Posted by blacknwhitedog on 11-09-06 at 11:57 AM
They did it because it worked last year for Prison Break. Also "24" runs straight through with no repeats but doesn't start until January. I think they're talking a gamble with Lost. Especially with how weird the season has gotten this year.

Also the show takes really long to make- like 2 weeks per episode. The do all the filming in Hawaii then they have to do all the sound and editing and special effects in L.A.

2005 PhoenixMons

Posted by trigirl on 11-10-06 at 09:41 AM
What will be interesting is to see how they try and get more viewers prior to February. A special DVD perhaps? Streaming all the episodes?

I LOVE the new scheduling. My life is so busy that it is a big deal to schedule in the shows I love. There is nothing I hate more than repeats. What are may favourite shows on tv.... 24, Prison Break and Lost. I think they are doing something right.

"SciFi channel has adopted the same trend..."
Posted by udg on 11-13-06 at 05:03 PM
They give more than 6 episodes per "half", but they've started splitting up seasons, as well. In fact, they even released Battlestar Galactica S2 on DVD in two halves!

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

"New time slot for Lost"
Posted by CTgirl on 12-14-06 at 08:17 AM
In the latest TV Guide (year-end special), they announce that Lost is moving to 10 pm starting Feb. 7th (there will be 2 hours of comedies before it, including two new ones). Hmm, are they afraid of American Idol??

"RE: New time slot for Lost"
Posted by fullofgrace2470 on 01-03-07 at 07:58 AM
I didn't care about the new format for doing Lost. What could be better than 16 straight episodes? But as for the new time slot....not so much. That, if anything, will make me not watch Lost. I was unhappy with the switch to 9PM last year. 10PM really sucks. I have to get up early, and can't stay up til 11 and I don't want to wait til the next day, because I'll have seen spoilers and stuff from the epi. Ugh

FYI-I was one of the people that considered re-runs of Lost better than no Lost at all. Who cares if they're new or not? It's Lost, isn't it?